** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June 2011

CONCACAF Gold Cup Fixtures 5 June 2011 23:00 Costa Rica (1.36) v (4.75) Cuba (10) 6 June 2011 01:00 Mexico (1.19) v (7) El Salvador (17.5) Postponed 7 June 2011 02:00 Jamaica (1.3) v (5.25) Grenada (12) 04:00 Honduras (1.5) v (4) Guatemala (8) 23:00 Panama (1.91) v (3.6) Guadeloupe (4.5) 8 June 2011 01:00 USA (1.4) v (4.5) Canada (9) 9 June 2011 23:59 Costa Rica (1.31) v (2) El Salvador (3.65) 10 June 2011 02:00 Cuba (5) v (3) Mexico (1.06) 23:59 Jamaica (1.31) v (2.3) Guatemala (2.2) 11 June 2011 02:00 Grenada (4.4) v (3.1) Honduras (1.11) 23:00 Canada (1.61) v (2.54) Guadeloupe (1.09) 12 June 2011 01:00 USA (1.2) v (2.84) Panama (4.7) 23:00 El Salvador (1.31) v (1.67) Cuba (1.52) 13 June 2011 01:00 Mexico (1.27) v (2.46) Costa Rica (3.85)

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June CONCACAF Gold Cup Group A Outrights Winner Mexico (1.25), Costa Rica (4.5), Cuba (51), El Salvador (51) CONCACAF Gold Cup Group B Outrights Winner Honduras (1.62), Jamaica (2.75), Guatemala (41), Grenada (81) CONCACAF Gold Cup Group C Outrights Winner USA (1.35), Canada (7), Panama (8), Guadeloupe (41)

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June

CONCACAF Gold Cup Group A Outrights Winner Mexico (1.25), Costa Rica (4.5), Cuba (51), El Salvador (51) CONCACAF Gold Cup Group B Outrights Winner Honduras (1.62), Jamaica (2.75), Guatemala (41), Grenada (81) CONCACAF Gold Cup Group C Outrights Winner USA (1.35), Canada (7), Panama (8), Guadeloupe (41)
Which bookmaker are these odd from Napoleon?

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June I don't know much about Cuba's team but I live in CR and this national team has not impressed me AT ALL ... -1½ goals in the forst match ? maybe if they were playing at home but on neutral ground I'm inclined to taking +1.5 on Cuba . Does anybody have some info on Cuba's team ?

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June Cuba are getting trashed by Costa Rica. Cuba actually look decent going forward but lack the final pass - but they can't defend at all. I'm not familiar with the in's and out's of the Mexico side but I know that the attacking quartet of Guardado, Dos Santos, Hernandez and Barrera are expected to start. That should be enough to cause severe concern to El Salvador.

I'm not familiar with the in's and out's of the Mexico side but I know that the attacking quartet of Guardado' date=' Dos Santos, Hernandez and Barrera are expected to start. That should be enough to cause severe concern to El Salvador.[/quote'] Mexico should win by a comfortable margin against El Salvador.

CONCACAF Gold Cup 2011 Thread

Monday 6 June 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Mexico v El Salvador (01:00 BST) 1.18 8.8 24 100.28 %
Tuesday 7 June 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Jamaica v Grenada (02:00 BST) 1.33 6 12.3 99.76 %
maximize.gif Honduras v Guatemala (04:00 BST) 1.5 4.5 8 101.39 %
maximize.gif Panama v Guadeloupe (23:00 BST) 1.96 3.55 4.5 101.37 %
Wednesday 8 June 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif USA v Canada (01:00 BST) 1.4 5 9.8 101.39 %
Friday 10 June 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Costa Rica v El Salvador (00:00 BST) 1.5 3.6 5.5 112.63 %
maximize.gif Cuba v Mexico (02:00 BST) 9 5.5 1.2 112.63 %

Anyone have any information on Mexicos team to face El Salvador? Im interested in mexico -2 @ 2.40 or mexico to win to nil @ 1.80 so any team news would be much appreciated :ok
No team info, but my initial reaction is that Mexico are likely to win by at least 3 goals, which makes the -2 @ 2.40 bet good value :)

Ive taken mexico - 2 @ 2.30 on paddypower' date=' low stakes just for fun tbh...im taking it easy the forst few games and then well see after that[/quote'] FT: Mexico 5 El Salvador 0 I saw most of the first half which ended 0-0, with Mexico the better side, but lacking conviction in attack. 2 goals early in the second half seem to have changed the picture.

FT: Mexico 5 El Salvador 0 I saw most of the first half which ended 0-0, with Mexico the better side, but lacking conviction in attack. 2 goals early in the second half seem to have changed the picture.
Yup, it looked fairly even tbh and then Mexico banged in 3 within 5 mins and they cruised from there and gave me a decent nights profit..:cheers

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June Just checked the Jamaica squad, and I think there's two English-based guys. What the hell happened to the days of them pilfering half the Premiership?! Hoping to see a team loaded with Robbie Earl-type call ups :sad

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June I just realized how far behind Cuba is . I hate to sound like I am bashing "my local team" but Costa Rica is over rated and now they probably feel like they're great after destroying the Cubans . There seems to be some really bad teams in this competition . Maybe they should have invited some south American squads and eliminate the Cubas/Guatemalas/Grenadas . When I see teams like CR/Jamaica/Honduras as 1.5 and 2 goal favs it tells me something . Just my 2 cents .

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June Jamaica v Grenada Jamaica are long odds on and it's easy to see why when you look at the squads. Jamaica are blessed with top flight footballers from Sweden and Norway, as well as professional players from the MLS and England, with a few Jamaican based players throw in for good measure. They've taken the build up to this tournament very seriously and are being seriously considered good enough to give the USA and Mexico a run for their money. Grenada are missing their better, professional players (Jason Roberts, Delroy Facey and Shalrie Joseph) and are made up of mainly amateur players from the Grenadian summer league and semi-pro players of Grenadian descent from the English non-league. They're also missing their top scorer from last year's Carribean Championships, where they finished fourth behind Cuba, Kithson Bain. Their build up to the tournament has been far from impressive with losses to Panama and St Kitts & Nevis, while they drew with Antigua and Barbuda. With the relative strengths of the squads, I'd expect a decent win from Jamaica and the 2.4 being offered by Paddy Power for Jamaica EH-2 seems decent enough. Jamaica -2 EH to beat Grenada @ 2.40 (PaddyPower) 3/10

Jamaica v Grenada Jamaica are long odds on and it's easy to see why when you look at the squads. Jamaica are blessed with top flight footballers from Sweden and Norway, as well as professional players from the MLS and England, with a few Jamaican based players throw in for good measure. They've taken the build up to this tournament very seriously and are being seriously considered good enough to give the USA and Mexico a run for their money. Grenada are missing their better, professional players (Jason Roberts, Delroy Facey and Shalrie Joseph) and are made up of mainly amateur players from the Grenadian summer league and semi-pro players of Grenadian descent from the English non-league. They're also missing their top scorer from last year's Carribean Championships, where they finished fourth behind Cuba, Kithson Bain. Their build up to the tournament has been far from impressive with losses to Panama and St Kitts & Nevis, while they drew with Antigua and Barbuda. With the relative strengths of the squads, I'd expect a decent win from Jamaica and the 2.4 being offered by Paddy Power for Jamaica EH-2 seems decent enough. Jamaica -2 EH to beat Grenada @ 2.40 (PaddyPower) 3/10
Completely agree mate, excellent reasoning and ill be following, i might also have a little punt on over 4.5 after Mexicos hammering of El salvador and Costa ricas win over cuba....it seems these smaller nations try to hold out for as long as possible but when the first goal goes in they give up so over 4.5 @ 3.50 seems like a decent longshot, as it allows Grenada to score also so theres cover... Whats your opinion on Honduras also mate? Guatemala definitely arent as bad as El salvador, cuba or grenada so its interesting..:ok

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June Personally I don't think I could back Jamaica so strongly. They are the stronger squad but just how poor are Granada? I see that not too long ago they lost against Jamaica 2-1 in ET. Don't know of the team specifics of that match and this one though. Jamaica don't have the clear attacking talents of Mexico or even Costa Rica and with a good work ethic and a bit of luck Granada may well be able to stifle Jamaica well enough. GL anyway guys.

Completely agree mate, excellent reasoning and ill be following, i might also have a little punt on over 4.5 after Mexicos hammering of El salvador and Costa ricas win over cuba....it seems these smaller nations try to hold out for as long as possible but when the first goal goes in they give up so over 4.5 @ 3.50 seems like a decent longshot, as it allows Grenada to score also so theres cover... Whats your opinion on Honduras also mate? Guatemala definitely arent as bad as El salvador, cuba or grenada so its interesting..:ok
Jamaica 4 - 0 Grenada Didn't see the match but the relative Jamaican and Grenadian stats make it look like the Barcelona v Arsenal match at Camp Nou. Jamaica Grenada Shots on goal 10 0 Shots wide 7 1 Fouls 10 9 Corner Kicks 8 1 Offsides 4 0 Possession 68% 32% Didn't have any real chance to look into Honduras v Guatemala before hand but just catching up now and watching live on Bet365. Guatemala definitely holding their own. They apparently started the better of the two before Honduras came back into it late in the first half. Pretty even at the moment.

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June USA vs Canada I'll start by pointing out that The States hasn't won a game this year and have had trouble scoring goals lately being unable to score more than once in their last 5 matches. All the pressure is on USA to perform and after the 1-4 beating on the weekend confidence doesn't seem too high. Canada on the other hand have improved a lot lately, and just come from a 2-2 draw vs Ecuador. Previously they beat Belarus 0-1, won Guadalupe 1-0 and lost only 1-0 to Greece. They are yet to lose a game by more than one goal this year. I'm convinced Canada will put in a good performance tomorrow, though USA should manage to get a win. Canada +2.5 @ 1.43 bet364

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June Panama v Guadeloupe I wasn't quite sure what to make of this game earlier today, but after a bit of reading up, and with quite a large odds range available for this, I think Panama are a decent bet to win this game. The Panamanian squad looks quite decent, and they've had some good results this year, coming third in the Copa Centroamericano behind traditional Central American powerhouses Costa Rica and Honduras. What's more, they're a settled side and have been playing as a team for a good while. They've got a lot of experienced players within this squad who've done well in previous Gold Cups, bowing out to the USA each time (pens in 2005 final, 1-2 in quarters in 2007 and a.e.t in 2009 quarters). Guadeloupe are a bit of an unknown, which is why I'm opposing them. They did extremely well to get to the final of the Copa Caribbean, losing to Jamaica, but they've not played together as a team since then. If I was going to back them I'd want slightly more than the 5.5 available. Panana to beat Guadeloupe @ 1.83 (Betfair) - 2/10

Panama v Guadeloupe Guadeloupe are a bit of an unknown, which is why I'm opposing them. Panana to beat Guadeloupe @ 1.83 (Betfair) - 2/10
The only trouble with opposing an unknown is that they might actually be better thank you think . I saw Panama is the Copa CentroAmericano a few months ago, and was quite impressed with them, but like you, I don't know anything about Guadeloupe. The assumption might be "never heard of them, so they are probably rubbish" but it's risky to bet on that basis.

USA vs Canada I'll start by pointing out that The States hasn't won a game this year and have had trouble scoring goals lately being unable to score more than once in their last 5 matches. All the pressure is on USA to perform and after the 1-4 beating on the weekend confidence doesn't seem too high. Canada on the other hand have improved a lot lately, and just come from a 2-2 draw vs Ecuador. Previously they beat Belarus 0-1, won Guadalupe 1-0 and lost only 1-0 to Greece. They are yet to lose a game by more than one goal this year. I'm convinced Canada will put in a good performance tomorrow, though USA should manage to get a win. Canada +2.5 @ 1.43 bet364
USA are quite defensive-minded, so this may well be a low-scoring game. Therefore probably some value in Canada +1.5 AH @ 11/10 and under 2.5 goals @ 13/10 (both Bet 365)

USA are quite defensive-minded' date=' so this may well be a low-scoring game. Therefore probably some value in Canada +1.5 AH @ 11/10 and under 2.5 goals @ 13/10 (both Bet 365)[/quote'] Yes good value in both. However, I stopped betting on over/unders a long time ago. Statistically speaking, I wasn't making enough profit on my bets with over/under's to continue with them, so after much thought decided to drop them altogether. I like Canada on +1.5, but chose to bet with high stakes on Canada +2.5 at 1.43 which is a lot safer. This is my bet of the week along with Belarus vs Luxembourg, so hope it pays out. I am very confident.

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June Guadeloupe are a bit of an unknown, which is why I'm opposing them. Would be wary of this pal. Guadeloupe aren't world beaters, but they are no mugs either. As they are an overseas territory of France, they are not a member of FIFA. And as such, they have no WC pedigree and it can be difficult to assess their level. However they were quarter finalists in this in 2009, and semifinalists in 2007. 13 of their 23 man squad ply their trade in Europe, 11 of them in France. Football correspondent Sean Whealock (sic) describes them as being an attractive side, playing energetic & stylish football. He compares them, ability wise, to the Trinidad & Tobago side that qualified for the World Cup in 2006. Much better bets to be had in this torny, no bet for me. GL if you play though :ok