** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June 2011

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June

I didn't watch Grenada's first game' date=' were they really that bad that they can be tipped to lose by 3 against a side as poor away as Honduras are!?[/quote'] Didn't end up betting on this but watched the first half and it is fair to say the Grenada defence is a total shambles, nice goal they scored though. Think it just pissed Honduras off though! Strange tournament this..

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jamaica vs Guatemala = Guatemala +2 @ 1.53 bet365 Guatemala hasn't lost a game by more than 2 goals in their last 14 games. Their 3 most recent results are two draws and one defeat 0-2 to Venezuela. They are coming from a good result, a 0-0 with Honduras away. Meanwhile Jamaica have only played 3 games so far this year. Also losing 0-2 to Venezuela and winning 3-2 vs El Salvador and most recently beating Grenada 4-0. 4-0 is a excellent result, but how good are Grenada? They recently lost 2-0 to Panama and also lost against Saint Kits and Nevis and drew with Antigua and Barbuda in their most recent matches. In Jamaica's last 20 games they had only managed to win by more than two goals once prior to their 4-0 over Grenada and it was against Cayman islands. I think Guatemala +2 at those odds is very nice. I think the result will be very tight and could actually end in a draw. :hope
Result: Jamaica 2 Guatemala 0 I saw most of this game, which I thought was deservedly won by Jamaica, whose strength and speed made the difference. I didn't think Guatemala ever really looked like winning, it was just a question of could Jamaica score. I thought 2-0 was about right on the balance of play

Result: Jamaica 2 Guatemala 0 I saw most of this game, which I thought was deservedly won by Jamaica, whose strength and speed made the difference. I didn't think Guatemala ever really looked like winning, it was just a question of could Jamaica score. I thought 2-0 was about right on the balance of play
I thought a 1-0 would definitely have been a more fair result. Jamaica wanted to win, but they really lacked creativity. How many chances did they create? Anyway, didn't win or lose this bet, so am not too disappointed by the result.

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June Onto tonight's first game, Canada vs Guadaloupe. Canada are around the 1.6 region which strikes me as good value - I believe them to be the better side by some margin. Game is available live on betfair, I need to watch some of the action first before deciding.

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June Why am I sooo tempted to play Panama +2 goals tonight ? I have no absolutely stats to back my gut feeling I simply think I would play +2 on any game regardless of who is playing and cross my fingers , LOL . Does anybody have some help on this one ?

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June Hi Guys, First every post on PL and a longtime follower :) I like the United States v Panama and fancy the United States to win quite convincingly. They opened their account with a 2-0 victory v Canada and a win here would see them progress, even with a final game v Guadeloupe. I like the US +2 Goals and Over 2.5 goals for the game. Good Luck :)

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June Thinking about an El Salvador and Mexico double @ 1.97 (Paddy Power) We know how pitiful Cuba are, and El Salvador should really of won against Costa Rica, conceding a 95th minute equaliser. Mexico obviously looking very competent, and I read an article before the Cuba game where the coach of Mexico talked about how the players were distracted by the Costa Rica game, such was their desire to do well in it and show they meant business.

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June I got 1.95 on my local betting site for El Salvador vs Cuba, a site which usually doesn't offer very good odds at all, but every once in a while make some mistakes like these, offering way to much. Like for example yesterday offering 5.5 for Venezuela win vs Mexico.:clap Anyhow, will definitely take this bet. We have all seen how poor Cuba is. They are shambles defensively giving away goals for free. They try to go forward, but lack any sort of creativity to pose too much of a threat. El Salvador vs Cuba = El salvador win @ 1.95 xperto

xperto.com is refrigeration ' date=' .net is artificial grass . what domain is it chuck ? would like to check out their site if they have one . Thanks[/quote'] Its a Chilean site, so don't know if it works for betting if your from another country. Its a very basic betting site, but trust worthy and simple. Odds are very low, significantly, but like I said sometimes they overrate or underrate teams by a lot. I sotted this game and also Venezuela yesterday at very good odds. Its xperto.cl or you can try Polla.cl

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June EL SALVADOR -1AH...1.4...paddy p....stakes 2/10.....I opposed Cuba when they played Mexico and it's time to do so again.Cuba and Grenada have been the two poorest teams in the tournament so far.Cuba have conceded 10 without reply.Both were beaten 5-0 by Mexico but El Salvador seemed to learn from the defeat and played a decent 1-1 draw with Costa Rica afterwards. They have already beaten Cuba 1-0 away in a friendly back in March and they also drew 2-2 with Honduras in a friendly and we all know what Honduras did to Grenada last night. Cuba are playing for pride while El Salvador still have a chance of qualifying....

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June Grenada-Guatemala i will back Guatemalas ahc lines here. -1.75 as well as -2.5 . no doubt they struggled to create anything offensively in this tourney and their squad cant really compare with some of Honduras top players who are under contract in Europe, but Grenada is just inept and only in the tourney cause the difference in quality between the national teams in Concacaf is bigger then in any other continental zone in Fifa. and the situation is very similar to El Salvador-Cuba, when the central americans also didnt show to much potential in the attack against the stronger teams. another important factor here is that there will be a ranking between all teams finishing 3rd in their group and the two best progress to the quarter finals and only one third-placed team has to go home. so win by a 2-goal-margin would mean Guatemala passes Canada in goal average but would still depend on Panama to get at least a draw against them last matchday. win by 3-goal-margin, they pass El Salvador and seal the ticket to QF. I think they can do this against this opponent, so Guatemala -1.75 @ 1.56 @pinnacle Guatemala -2.5 @2.0 @bet365

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June Might have a look at the correct score market for tonight for fun. Guatemala have looked decent enough, holding Honduras to a 0-0 and Jamaica until the 65th minute, and obviously Grenada are pish :lol 5-0 @ 21.00 5-1 @ 23 6-0 @ 41 6-1 @ 51

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June International Soccer 2011 Overall 2W-1L-0P +0.69 units (66.66%) Honduras pick -153 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes While I will admit I dont know a whole lot about Jamaica. I find it hard to believe that the Honduras team won't at least get a draw out of this one. Neither team needs the win but I don't see either of them laying it down.

International Soccer 2011 Overall 2W-1L-0P +0.69 units (66.66%) Honduras pick -153 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes While I will admit I dont know a whole lot about Jamaica. I find it hard to believe that the Honduras team won't at least get a draw out of this one. Neither team needs the win but I don't see either of them laying it down.
Yeah, I quite like Honduras too, but would prefer them draw no bet which is 1.70 and upwards. Could be a tight game, and Honduras, defensively, seem better set up for that. Anyone know why Izaguirre and Wilson Palacios haven't been involved as yet? Be much happier with the pair of them playing, who must surely be a cut above in this tournament.

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June Guatemala/Grenada o/ 3.5 goals -130. It seems the general consensus is that Guatemala will win by a considerable margin. Instead of going for a straight Guatemala play, does anyone like the over here? As most people have said, Grenada have just been dreadful so i'd expect a 3-1, 4-1 margin here.

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June I think Guatemala will definitely win, but am not sure by how much. They have been a decent side, and have been pretty good so far defensively, but they have struggled to create anything, so won't be placing a handicap bet on them today, despite Grenada being absolute crap. Guatemala haven't scored in their last 3 games, just keep that in mind fellas. Anyway won my bet on El Salvador yesterday!:nana And I'm going to go for a draw today between Honduras and Jamaica. Honduras drew their last two games playing against decent opposition and I expect more of the same tonight. Though I do think Honduras is the better team, I think Jamaica can get a draw here. Am not expecting a high scoring game that's for sure. Neither side needs to win this, and I can see them both being happy with a draw. Honduras vs Jamaica = DRAW 3.1 @ bet365 :hope

Event Honduras - Jamaica
Selection Honduras
Strength 10/10
Date 14/06/2011
Bookmaker/Price 5Dimes @ 2.55
Reasoning The national team of Honduras will try tonight in New Jersey a win over the national team of Jamaica to assure the first place of Group B dof Copa Oro 2011 of Concacaf, despite both arrive to this game with a place on quarter finals assured. Honduras, who was presented as favourite due to have played the World Cup and due to on the last years being the dominator of the zone, in his debut game was a desilusion drawing 0-0 with Guatemala, despite having two more players on the field. In his last game, with an hat-trick of Carlo Costly, Honduras got on the last game a smashing win 7-1 against the weak Granada and got the second place of the group, behind the reggae boys, who on the same day won 2-0 to Guatemala. If they defeat Jamaica, Honduras will get the first place. If they draw, they will pass to quarter finals as second placed, and if they loose, no matter what other results happen, they would be qualified as one of the best third places, due to better goal average.

Might have a look at the correct score market for tonight for fun. Guatemala have looked decent enough, holding Honduras to a 0-0 and Jamaica until the 65th minute, and obviously Grenada are pish :lol 5-0 @ 21.00 5-1 @ 23 6-0 @ 41 6-1 @ 51
Just reading the stats and apparently Guatemala have managed one shot on goal so far. They'll do brilliantly not to beat The Dog and Duck, a.k.a Grenada, but by a big score may be a stretch. Echoing an earlier posters thoughts on Honduras too, about a lack of desire for both these teams to finish top and probably face the US, so'll skip this one as well.

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June Grenada +2.5 +110 Taking them for a sweat tonight. Really don't love anything at all tonight and after looking at the Guatemala's last 6 games and only combining for 3 goals i'm going to sweat this one a little. Also Alex brings up a great point about only 1 shot on net.

Mar 3 FT El Salvador 1-2 GuatemalaInternational Friendly
May 31 FT South Africa 5-0 GuatemalaInternational Friendly
Sep 7 FT El Salvador 2-1 Guatemala
Jun 1 FT Guatemala 0-2 VenezuelaInternational Friendly
Jun 6 FT Honduras 0-0 GuatemalaGold Cup (Group Stage 2011)
Jun 10 FT Jamaica 2-0 GuatemalaGold Cup (Group Stage 2011)
Think tomorrow there will be better opportunities.

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June GRENADA +3AH..1.75...bet366.....stakes 1/10......as has been mentioned earlier Guatemala have gotten 1 shot on goal in their 1st two games.Grenada of course are a poor team but they are ranked 94th with guatemala 117th.The last time the guatemalans won an away game by more than 3 goals was in 1988 when they beat Guyana 6-1. Grenada will still be hurting from their 7-1 thumping and I'm sure will be keen to keep the guatemalans score down........

Could be a tight game' date=' and Honduras, defensively, seem better set up for that. Anyone know why Izaguirre and Wilson Palacios haven't been involved as yet? Be much happier with the pair of them playing, who must surely be a cut above in this tournament.[/quote'] Palacios hasn't recovered yet from a knee injury and the coach don't want to risk him. As you mention, neither side will want to play against USA so the draw would be a fair result in this one. Under 2.5 goals looks possible considering that both teams have good defences. Also the last two meetings between Jamaica and Honduras in WC 2010 qualification finished unders.. :ok I'll try these two bets: Honduras - Jamaica X @ 3.10 Honduras - Jamaica under 2.5 goals @ 1.70 both with bet365

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June I just pulled the trigger on Grenada also . I just cant see how Guatemala is such a big favourite against anyone . Two bottom feeders face off , I think Grenada will be more motivated than ever . This is the best chance they have at getting a win . Best Of Luck , +2½ 2.4 at betcris is my play .