** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - 14-20 February

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February Thanks again to all the tips today chaps. As a novice to tennis betting, I was wondering if any of the more seasoned betters can recommend some websites? Ideally, ones which offer advice from a betting perspective. In a similar vein to what the racingpost, attheraces and gg.com is to horse-racing. This would be very much appreciated.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February Kucova lost tamely, but the biggest stakes (for me) are on now - Jovanovski, Volandri, Nalbandian. And these few. Wawrinka also starts his campaign today. (3/10) J.Groth to bt. D.Cibulkova @ 1.84 at Pinnacle Cibulkova usually struggles against players that can go for big hits and Groth is one of those players. The quick surface will not make matters easier for Cibulkova, who is not the biggest hitter around and can go missing. Groth is not that far away from Kanepi, Kvitova or Kleybanova, which are the players that beat Cibulkova lately. Also, she had more time in these conditions. (3/10) A.Keothavong (-2.5) to bt. M.Rybarikova @ 1.92 at Pinnacle Keothavong is solid in these conditions, but this is mainly a bet against Rybarikova. She saved some match points against King, but I still rate her as one of the most erroneous players on the tour. She never seems stable enough to make a solid result and I doubt this can change today. (3/10) A.Kumantsov (+4.5) to bt. N.Mahut @ 2.10 at Pinnacle Well, we all know what Mahut is all about. His matches usually end up with a tie-break or at least a very close set and the conditions in Marseille are pretty quick. Kumantsov (from what I know) has a solid serve and should be able to use that to his advantage. Has been broken just once in his three qualifying matches and has some match practice here under his belt. The handicap looks big,

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February

Thanks again to all the tips today chaps. As a novice to tennis betting, I was wondering if any of the more seasoned betters can recommend some websites? Ideally, ones which offer advice from a betting perspective. In a similar vein to what the racingpost, attheraces and gg.com is to horse-racing. This would be very much appreciated.
Do not know about others here, but I do not use any websites really. I watch a great deal of matches and that is basically where my knowledge comes from.

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February Simply have to take the handicap on Kumantsov. It's at +5.5 games now, really hard to see Mahut winning by 6 clear games IMO even though he;s done well this year and is more experienced, he can be quite tough on an indoor hard court with the serve and volley style but also not the greatest returner and is liable to slip against anyone.I'll be really surprised if he covers this handicap against a player who has qualified winning 3 matches.Usually a tight set in most of Mahut's matches which could help. Kumantsov +5.5 games over Mahut @ 1.833 (Pinnacle:4pts) And taking Jovanovski on the plus versus Wickmayer. Should be a good match and a tough one. Wickmayer is worthy fave but Jovanovski is having a great start to the year and i cant see her going away easily here. Wickmayer also had a niggling injury last week and the conditions can be tricky in Dubai...fancy Bojana to put in a good display today and keep it tight. Jovanovski +3.5 games @ 2.00 (Pinnacle:3pts) :hope

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February Wawrinka vs Berlocq U20.5 @pinnacle 1.885 (6/10) There is no doubt at all that the swiss player is a step ahead in every single stroke against Berlocq. He is a player that usually goes deep into tournaments while the argentinian is more of a challenger player. The only doubt is the adaptation to the surface but Stan has has proven that he can really play in this surface. However he is playing with great confidence and i can´t see Berlocq hurting him. He comes here as one of the solid favourites to win the COPA CLARO (more than ever after Ferrer´s withdrew) and i see here a solid start for "Stan the Man". :hope

Lukasz Kubot - Pablo Cuevas Lukasz Kubot 2.50 7/10 bet365 I see value here, Pablo is in realy bad form, lose after lose, nothing special on his game every time, he dont have first service, no high vision court, Kubot can fight with better players this season, and play very well, good volley and match after match better defence. I hope so Lukasz win this game today.
We where against Cuevas on this forum in his last match vs the brasilian Joao Souza and the odds on Souza where 3.40 on bet365 and Eurobet Coral Going against him again is a good idea.

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February I don't have the time to watch the matches myself. But as a starting point I'd like to have some web resources. As a complete layman to tennis, and the players involved, I'd like at first to be able to identify low risk favourites. Can anyone offer any advice on identifying these?

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February That's it, I'm done betting on WTA if Petkovic doesn't win this match. Yesterday I bet on Pavluchenkova who took the first set 6-4 and went up a break 4-2 in the second, only to lose something like TEN GAMES IN A ROW to Kleybanova and lose in 3 sets. Today, I jump on Petkovic whilst she's a break down early in the 1st and she comes back to take the first set 6-4, vindicating me right? Well no, she goes from 4-3 up in the 2nd set to losing what looks like 6 straight games to end up 3-0 down in the 3rd. And it looks like Seppi is gonna win, who I turned down in favour of Petkovic. Unbelievable. Makes me sick.

That's it, I'm done betting on WTA if Petkovic doesn't win this match. Yesterday I bet on Pavluchenkova who took the first set 6-4 and went up a break 4-2 in the second, only to lose something like TEN GAMES IN A ROW to Kleybanova and lose in 3 sets. Today, I jump on Petkovic whilst she's a break down early in the 1st and she comes back to take the first set 6-4, vindicating me right? Well no, she goes from 4-3 up in the 2nd set to losing what looks like 6 straight games to end up 3-0 down in the 3rd. And it looks like Seppi is gonna win, who I turned down in favour of Petkovic. Unbelievable. Makes me sick.
That's the risk with the WTA unfortunately mate. Similiar thing happening to Jovanovski atm. Was 5-3 up in the first, not dropping points on her serve and in the space of 5 mins she's lost the set 7-5 with Wickmayer breaking her last 2 service games to love. Strange.

That's the risk with the WTA unfortunately mate. Similiar thing happening to Jovanovski atm. Was 5-3 up in the first' date=' not dropping points on her serve and in the space of 5 mins she's lost the set 7-5 with Wickmayer breaking her last 2 service games to love. Strange.[/quote'] Yep. As I am on Jovanovski too, that was pretty frustrating.

That's it, I'm done betting on WTA if Petkovic doesn't win this match. Yesterday I bet on Pavluchenkova who took the first set 6-4 and went up a break 4-2 in the second, only to lose something like TEN GAMES IN A ROW to Kleybanova and lose in 3 sets. Today, I jump on Petkovic whilst she's a break down early in the 1st and she comes back to take the first set 6-4, vindicating me right? Well no, she goes from 4-3 up in the 2nd set to losing what looks like 6 straight games to end up 3-0 down in the 3rd. And it looks like Seppi is gonna win, who I turned down in favour of Petkovic. Unbelievable. Makes me sick.
Well Petkovic winning 6 games in a row only serves to prove my point, though of course I'm not complaning :lol Still, these girls are more fragile than a faberge egg. Funny how she suddenly turned it around just after I bitched about her, maybe I should try that again next time... Good luck with Jovanovski, looks like she's doing well 2nd set...

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February On another note, shocked to see Schoorel get beaten so heavily by Kamke. Hard to believe a player like Schoorel can only win 2 games on an indoor hard court with his big game. Kvitova losing in 2 to Morita was a bit surprising too, although I guess she was wrecked after last week and still fought to 2 tie breaks. Favourite player on the womens tour right now.

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February I thought about it a lot and I just cannot let that one go. Very small stakes, but I just think this screams value. Sorry guys :tongue2. (1/10) R.Mello to bt. J.Blake @ 2.92 at Pinnacle A lot has been said about how Mello should go down easily, but I cannot see that happening. Of course, he is mainly a clay courter. But I have seen Blake a lot of times last year and he can be way off at times. Mello is fitter than him and I think he has about 40 percent chance here. He has had a great season so far, beating some strong players on clay and although this is a quicker surface, I can definitely see him winning this. These days, I would not be happy back Blake (and I would never trust him to beat any sort of handicap).

Just taken 4 in Dubai tomorrow on the women's side of things. Was looking at the overs in the Peng-Mattek Sands match and also looking to oppose Kvitova on the handicap but line is a little low. Yanina Wickmayer vs Bojana Jovanovski- Jovanovski +3.5 handicap- 8/11 Bet365- (5/10) Expected a 2.5/3 handicap here so happy to take the slightly higher line, although I imagine it will end up being lower. Wickmayer has played alot of tennis recently whilst there has also been reports about a slight injury she has picked up along the way. Was involved in a lengthy match with Kvitova a few days back which she lost after choking in the third. She'd already played a couple of Fed Cup matches before that so chances are she's not going to be 100%. That on top of adapting to conditions over in Dubai, a vast different to that of Paris suggests to me that she could face some problems tomorrow. She has also shown her vulnerable side this year getting beat by the likes of Arn and Sevastova on the hard courts, two players she really should be beating. Jovanovski on the other hand has really emerged as one of the most promising players in the WTA. Already beaten Kanepi and Pennetta this year whilst taking the first set against Zvonareva at the AO. She has also just helped Serbia beat Canada in the Fed Cup by winning her two matches in straight sets which was a week ago so unlike Wickmayer, she has had that extra bit of time to adapt to conditions in Dubai. The young Serbian could have a bit of fun over the next couple of weeks if she plays how she has been doing and Wickmayer tomorrow if she's not on song, could face a R1 defeat two years in a row. Prefer the handicap to the outright though and can see Bojana pinching a set here if not the match. Jelena Dokic vs Flavia Pennetta- Pennetta -4.5 handicap- 4/6 Bet365- (5/10) These days the only events that Dokic really manages to perform in are the challanger events. She's not a bad indoor player as shown by her performance last week in Paris but on the outdoor stage, she is often picked apart by the better players. Petkovic, Kuznetsova and Clijsters have all beaten the Australian easily enough this year. Add this to the fact that she lost to players well outside the top 100 on hard last year then you'd have to fancy Pennetta to win this without too much trouble. The Italian herself looks to be somewhere around her best again this year with impressive wins over Peer, Zvonareva and Stosur last week, to which all three players are a couple of notches above Dokic. H2H is 1-0 for the Italian but this was when Dokic retired but the score at that point was 5-0 to Pennetta first set. The Italian made the third round last year and must surely fancy going further this year given the form she's in. Handicap should be covered here though. Patty Schnyder vs Ana Ivanovic- Ivanovic -4.5 handicap- 5/6 Bet365- (4/10) Not keen on backing Ivanovic with a handicap but she should have enough about her to win this won with some ease. Schnyder hasn't played a great deal of tennis this year. Lost early to a lowly Tsurenko at the AO and then lost 2/3 of her Fed Cup matches. Ivanovic herself hasn't been great this season by any means but fancy her for two main reasons. One is that last week she played some matches over in Thailand and I'm guessing the humid conditions are similiar to that over in Dubai so she should have adapted. The second reason being the H2H. I know sometimes it's wrong to analyse it in great detail but Ivanovic has won the last 5 matches between the pair of them, 4 of them in easy straight sets. (6-1 6-2 most recent at back end of last year) Schnyder is no spring chicken and if it's hot and humid, can see Ivanovic producing a good scoreline in this one so willing to take her with a 4.5 handicap. Saving the best till last. ;) Shahar Peer vs Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez- Peer -3.5 handicap- 4/5 Bet365- (4/10) Fancy Shahar here to cover the handicap. Last year she firmly established herself as one of the top players in the WTA and showed she can hit with the best of them. Last year in Dubai is where her best run happened. Wins over Wickmayer, Razzano, Wozniacki and Li sent her into the semis before she fell to Venus. The conditions in this tournament suit her so perfectly and she said last year how much she enjoyed playing in Dubai. Traditionally her best results in the year will come in the east where it is warm and Peer can make her opponents run all over the court and wear them down. She's also worked on her serve in the last 12 months and it is now full of variation and an effective one. Her results this year haven't been anything special but I fancy her to get some wins over the next couple of weeks. Martinez-Sanchez isn't the best draw for Shahar here as being a lefty, she can cause problems for her opponents with her spin and angles. This worked so effectively against Kanepi who she beat in the Fed Cup, however Peer is alot fitter than Kanepi and will look to make the Spaniard play that extra shot. One thing I feel Sanchez will struggle with is the extra power Peer can get on a ball out of nothing, making her incredibly hard to pcik and read. Kleybanova and Cornet, both reasonably big hitters have beaten the Spaniard this year in straight sets which to me says she is vulnerable against the powerful groundstrokes. Peer may indeed have to work a bit in this one but if she takes a close first set, can see her covering the handicap in the second.
WIN WIN LOSS WIN Shame about Ivanovic, had plenty of chances but looks like she could well lose that one, serve extremely erratic. Other 3 got the job done though, Peer and Pennetta with ease, Jovanovski managed to secure the 2 games in the third set to cover the handicap. Shame I didn't take the overs in the Peng match, or opposing Kvitova but can't complain. Good start to the week :ok

Sania Mirza (-2.5) to beat Akgul Amanmuradova @ 1.90 (BET 365) Strength (5/10) Fancy Mirza to take this, and the handicap should be easily covered if she does. Amanmuradova is dangerous but she can get overwhelmed by mobile players with big strokes and Mirza has a forehand that could take her apart and expose her lack of mobility, being 6ft 4. Mirza has good memories of Dubai, winning the ITF tournament here in December beating the likes of Goerges and Jovanovski on the way. She beat Agkul 6-3 6-4 on hard court back in September in the only match they've played so far - she also seems in better shape now than she was then - so we should see a similar result. GL! :hope
WIN Restored my faith in humanity that has.

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February Think people are (a) underestimating Blake against average players and (b) overestimating Mello. He has done nothing of note on the hard and had just come off two weeks of clay court action. Was never going to happen. Blake may lose in R2 but -3.5 at the price was a gift, and so it proved.

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February Only one appeals to me Sport Tennis Event Marino v Cirstea Selection Marino Strength 10/10 Date 16/02/2011 Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 1.72 Reasoning Marino looks like a solid to me here. She's a player ont he rise, and conditions should suit. She's a big server and generally has a big game. She's done ok this year and should be too strong here. Cirstea has really dipped from ehr form a couple of years ago, and surely would be better off on the clay. Prices looks pretty good.

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February Ugh. I seriously think that I might be a little bit too trigger-happy. Oh well, it was working well last week :D. Smaller stakes advised for the WTA. Have something in mind for the ATP, but I am still waiting on some lines. (5/10) M.Johansson to bt. Y.Meusburger @ 1.78 at Pinnacle Yvonne surprised me with her win in the first round, but this should be it. Johansson has beaten her twice already and her win over Halep should not be taken lightly. Definitely the better player overall and I cannot see Meusburger making much further progress in her first tournament this year. (4/10) J.Groth to bt. A.Kleybanova @ 2.13 at Pinnacle At least a 50/50 match. Two similar players, but I think Groth has more confidence and a little bit better movement than Kleybanova. Both are pretty strong hitters, but I suspect Groth may have that little extra bit. Would also say that she is better on return than Kleybanova. Fancy Groth here at odds against. (3/10) J.Zheng to bt. P.Schnyder @ 1.98 at Pinnacle Zheng is the more talented player and looks set to make progress here. She is good on hard courts and has beaten many better player than Schnyder last year, for example. Showed good spirit against Barrois, while Schnyder has beaten Ivanovic, who is pretty poor once again. Zheng should have her chances here, she is pretty good on hard courts. (3/10) R.Marino (-2) to bt. S.Cirstea @ 1.93 at Pinnacle Fancy the Canadian here. She is the better player on hard courts, while Cirstea was never really comfortable indoors in my opinion. Marino should have edge in power and her worse movement should not be that exposed in these conditions. Both are in similar form, but Marino should feel better in the conditions, which should ultimately decide the result here. (2/10) Ch.Scheepers (+4.5) to bt. J.Jankovic @ 2.01 at Pinnacle I think that Scheepers will have her say in this one. Jankovic hates windy conditions and it seems wind is likely to play part in this one. Jankovic has not played a match here yet, while Scheepers is riding on confidence at the moment, having just beaten Kirilenko. Jankovic is definitely prone to errors and I think the handicap should have been a game lower. Scheepers might even win this one!