** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - 14-20 February

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February

- Tomas Berdych -2.5 games AH (vs Marin Cilic) @ 1.909 with Pinnacle (5pts) LOSS - Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (vs Mikhail Youzhny) x David Nalbandian (vs Tommy Robredo) @ 2.20 with Stan James (5pts) LOSS - Andy Roddick -3.5 games AH (vs Lleyton Hewitt) @ 1.99 with Pinnacle (5pts) LOSS
The bookie got his revenge ... but I will get mine ;)

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February Sport Tennis Event Youzhny v Cilic Selection Youzhny Strength 10/10 Date 19/02/2011 Bookmaker/Price Canbet @ 1.83 Reasoning Still not liking Cilic. He's got some wins this week and beat Berdych yesterday, but I'm still not convinced. Youzhny is playing well, and got a good win himself yesterday over Tsonga. H2H is 4-0 to Youzhny on a range of surfaces and I take from that this is a good match up for him, think he can really control the bankhand rallies. Price is pretty solid, and I think Youzhny comes through.

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February Only one bet for me today. The Copa Claro in Buenos Airies will turn into a minefield after the rain wiped out yesterday's play. - Mikhail Youzhny (vs Marin Cilic) @ 1.813 with Pinnacle H2H record speaks massively in the Russian's favour here, having won all four meetings between the two. Cilic was impressive yesterday, especially his serve, where he didn't get broken once, but Youzhny will offer a different test here. He'll throw in a lot more variation than Berdych did and has a larger array of shots that will move Cilic about. I expect Youzhny to be full of confidence after taking out Tsonga in difficult circumstances. I can't ignore the record the Russian has over the Croat and although Cilic is playing his best tennis of the year in Marseille, I'm not sure he has enough to reverse the form with the wily Russian. :hope

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February Will have more later I think. (3/10) M.Youzhy to bt. M.Cilic @ 1.81 at Pinnacle One good match does not mean anything and Berdych was well below par. Youzhny is in good form and I think he can make it here. He dominates the match-up as mentioned and he won against Cilic when the Croat was in better form and mood than now. He still makes far too many unforced errors and should not be as tough at Tsonga yesterday.

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February I just like this offer too much. :lol Mardy Fish against Milos Raonic@ 1.971 at Pinnacle (8/10) I have no doubt that it's the end of the road for young Canadian star. Raonic is very lucky to be here because he had three hard matches and in all those three mathes he was strugling but in the end managed to do the job. In two of those matches he won same amount of points as his opponent so it says that these matches were really close and just luck and his iron nerves took Raonic where he is now. But now he's facing the man who is motivated to win this tournament and looks like Mardy's health problems are behind him now. He played good yesterday against a title holder Querrey and there were no chances for Sam. Raonic should be a little tired now. He will be playing his ninth match in two weeks and his second serve is not working so well as Kendrick won 56% of 2nd serve yesterday. This Canadian is almost all about serve now so it will be a real test for his second serve with Fish at the other side of the net. Happy to back Mardy at this price. The price will drop soon i think. :hope

- Andy Roddick -3.5 games (vs. Lleyton Hewitt) @ 1.99 [Pinnacle] (5/10) LOSS - David Nalbandian -3.5 games (vs. Tommy Robredo) @ 1.86 [Pinnacle] (5/10) PENDING - Juan Martin Del Potro -4.5 games (vs. Michael Russell) @ 1.81 [Pinnacle] (3/10) WIN
Not the best of days, and not the best of weeks... -2.57 for the day, but still in a small profit for the week +0.37 with the Nalbandian bet pending...

I just like this offer too much. :lol Mardy Fish against Milos Raonic@ 1.971 at Pinnacle (8/10) I have no doubt that it's the end of the road for young Canadian star. Raonic is very lucky to be here because he had three hard matches and in all those three mathes he was strugling but in the end managed to do the job. In two of those matches he won same amount of points as his opponent so it says that these matches were really close and just luck and his iron nerves took Raonic where he is now. But now he's facing the man who is motivated to win this tournament and looks like Mardy's health problems are behind him now. He played good yesterday against a title holder Querrey and there were no chances for Sam. Raonic should be a little tired now. He will be playing his ninth match in two weeks and his second serve is not working so well as Kendrick won 56% of 2nd serve yesterday. This Canadian is almost all about serve now so it will be a real test for his second serve with Fish at the other side of the net. Happy to back Mardy at this price. The price will drop soon i think. :hope
I think I'll tail you on this, rokasar. Nice write-up and plenty of valid points. Should be a tight one but I had Fish down as a potential outright beforehand and you've convinced me to take him here. Fingers crossed bud :hope

I just like this offer too much. :lol Mardy Fish against Milos Raonic@ 1.971 at Pinnacle (8/10) I have no doubt that it's the end of the road for young Canadian star. Raonic is very lucky to be here because he had three hard matches and in all those three mathes he was strugling but in the end managed to do the job. In two of those matches he won same amount of points as his opponent so it says that these matches were really close and just luck and his iron nerves took Raonic where he is now. But now he's facing the man who is motivated to win this tournament and looks like Mardy's health problems are behind him now. He played good yesterday against a title holder Querrey and there were no chances for Sam. Raonic should be a little tired now. He will be playing his ninth match in two weeks and his second serve is not working so well as Kendrick won 56% of 2nd serve yesterday. This Canadian is almost all about serve now so it will be a real test for his second serve with Fish at the other side of the net. Happy to back Mardy at this price. The price will drop soon i think. :hope
Same here. Fish (5/10)... Also taking the Youznhy tip from Czech (4/10)

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February Sport Tennis Event Fish v Raonic Selection Fish Strength 10/10 Date 19/02/2011 Bookmaker/Price Blue Square @ 1.83 Reasoning Agree with the guys on Fish, and the market agrees too moving in his direction. Raonic is a massive stud, got a hell of a big game and will be a big name by the end of the year. But, this looks an awful spot. He won his first ATP title last week and has had it tough this week. Would have been easy to lose round 1 v Verdasco in a repeat of last weeks final, but he's more man than that. He's had 3 tough match and surely it's catching up with him, he's struggled in every one. Fish had been struggling with an illness at the start of the year, but he's been looking better this week and should be able to take out Raonic today.

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February Taking more. And come on, Youzhny :hope. (4/10) M.Fish to bt. M.Raonic @ 1.84 at Pinnacle Pretty much agree with all the points. Raonic has to be tired by now and a better player would have won yesterday. Fish is that better player and I expect to do him well on his own soil in these conditions. He has much more in the tank. (2/10) D.Tursunov to bt. R.Soderling @ 5.25 at Pinnacle Will stick to Tursunov for the third time and I think he can do it. Soderling might be a little bit tired already and the big server is in a good mood. I think he can produce something here and the price is just too juicy to pass. Small stakes are recommended though.

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February Been keeping an eye on the handicap on this one for much of the morning and happy enough to take it at the price it is now. First men's bet of the week strangely enough. Robin Soderling vs Dmitry Tursunov- Soderling -4.5 handicap- 11/10 Bet365- (4/10) Although Robin has been a bit hit and miss in recent times I think he may well call the shots in this one. He easily dispatched of Llodra after he got his first break and managed to look decent on serve, saving all 5 of Llodra's break points. 13 aces and a high first serve percentage against the Frenchman, if Robin repeats this, the Russian will find Soderling a tough nut to crack on serve as he's not as good as Llodra on return. In fairness to Tursunov, he's done exceptionally well to come back from his ankle surgery and has had some decent results this year including the scalps of Golubev, Ljubicic and now Melzer. However I always feel when watching the Russian that he is always vulnerable to a really poor set, like the second set yesterday against Melzer. Soderling if he really wants today could come away from this with a comfortable victory and look to get another title this year. With the odds above evens, depending on who serves first, a break in either set could seal the deal here. Just edging towards that extra bit of quality on the Swede's part, just hope his head is in the right place which is should be after demolishing Llodra.

fishy25: Why do you think that Llodra is better on return than Tursunov? I always thought it is the other way around.
Really? In my books I always have Llodra as a pretty decent returner tbh, especially indoors. He's got that extra variation on court that allows him to mix the play up and get back into rallies. Think that when he plays doubles it helps his singles game as his reflexes and as I say variation of game improves as a result. Not saying Tursunov is a bad returner at all, but Llodra has that ability to slice and spin the ball to make his opponent play an extra shot in rallies.

I cannot understand how Youzhny choked. He was so good on serve until that point.
He's such a tool... All going to plan, one thing goes against him he goes in a strop and loses two service games in a row... :wall:wall:wall

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February Last one. (3/10) J.M.Del Potro to bt. A.Roddick @ 1.83 at Pinnacle I think this is still value. Del Potro had three easy matches here and is looking very competitive once again. Roddick dropped sets to Berankis and Hewitt. Del Potro leads the H2H 3-0 and I am not convinced by Roddick this season yet. He had two top class oponents (Soderling, Wawrinka) and lost easily. It may not be straightforward, but I expect the talented Argentian to come on top.

Been keeping an eye on the handicap on this one for much of the morning and happy enough to take it at the price it is now. First men's bet of the week strangely enough. Robin Soderling vs Dmitry Tursunov- Soderling -4.5 handicap- 11/10 Bet365- (4/10) Although Robin has been a bit hit and miss in recent times I think he may well call the shots in this one. He easily dispatched of Llodra after he got his first break and managed to look decent on serve, saving all 5 of Llodra's break points. 13 aces and a high first serve percentage against the Frenchman, if Robin repeats this, the Russian will find Soderling a tough nut to crack on serve as he's not as good as Llodra on return. In fairness to Tursunov, he's done exceptionally well to come back from his ankle surgery and has had some decent results this year including the scalps of Golubev, Ljubicic and now Melzer. However I always feel when watching the Russian that he is always vulnerable to a really poor set, like the second set yesterday against Melzer. Soderling if he really wants today could come away from this with a comfortable victory and look to get another title this year. With the odds above evens, depending on who serves first, a break in either set could seal the deal here. Just edging towards that extra bit of quality on the Swede's part, just hope his head is in the right place which is should be after demolishing Llodra.
WIN Tursunov always likely to have a poor set ;)

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February Raonic to bt Fish @Pinnacle 2.070 Raonic has unbelievably good run in this and last week. He easily beated Verdasco (twice) and a couple of other quality opponents. Only lost two times this year in main draw matches, and namely to Greul and David Ferrer. Fish, on the other hand, lost to Radek Stepanek and Robredo. There also is the 9 year difference of age. Raonic is only 20, so he should cope well with tiredness caused by more than 10 mathes in past 3 weeks. According to my observations, tiredness never plays a big role in men's tennis. GL :hope

Wawrinka (-2.5) vs Monaco (5/10) 1.93 @pinnacle Here i´m mainly opposing Monaco. He is not the solid player he used to be in clay last season (even in clay). In this tournament he had 2 wins in straight sets but to very inferior players, and in both he needed a tiebreak to get through (in last match his opponent served for first set) He is having a lot o problems in his service games and Stan will punish him for that. Wakrinka played last night a very good match against Hanescu. They both player really well and if he continues in that direction, i have no doubt that Stan is gonig to win the match. I´m taking the handicap cause the line seems ok according to the price we are getting. Cuevas (-2) vs Acasuso (4/10) 1.901 @pinnacle Here i´m with Cuevas cause i´m opposing Acasuso. The argentinian has not been in the atp level in a while. He got lucky cause Dolgopolov was terrible. Can´t say he throw the match but played it like he had no interest in it at all. On the other hand Cuevas is a solid clay player and IMO will be able to punish Acasuso´s lack of rythm agaist atp level players. He might be tired fisically and emotionally after his "great win" against the dog and that might play against him today. :hope
WIN LOSS Wawrinka did the job against a Monaco that never played his best yet this season Cuevas really dissapointed me, he served 7-6 5-4 after loosing 3bk to go 5-2 in the second set and still lost that set and the match... small profit, won´t back cuevas again for a bit...

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February Looks like bad day today:sad Sport Tennis Event del Potro v Roddick Selection del Potro -1.5 games Strength 10/10 Date 19/02/2011 Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 2.00 Reasoning Line looks good with Pinnacle going 1.935 for the same. Think it's time for del Potro to really get that big win, and announce that he's back. Performances have been improving, and this week he's looked very good, impeccable on serve not dropping serve in 3 matches. Roddick on the other hand has looked to be struggling a bit, and the performance yesterday against Hewitt was very average. Think del Potro will win this, and be fairly comfortable.

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February Thank you, Stan :wall:wall. Truly horrible. TEN points won on return. One for now, still thinking about the ATP tour. (5/10) K. Peschke/K. Srebotnik to bt. L. Huber/M.J. Martinez Sanchez @ 1.80 at Pinnacle Going with quality here. Peschke and Srebotnik obviously like it here, as they had no problems on the way to the finals. Martinez and Huber had a walkover in the semis, but had to play the tie-breaker the round before. They do not have that much experience together and that should prove crucial. I think the fair odds are somehwere near 1.65, so this is value for me.