** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - 14-20 February

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February Llodra +2 games over Soderling @ 2.050 (Pinnacle:5pts) Think this is the end of the line for Soderling here. Really tight one with Mahut today and really should have lost but Mahut choked. He won last week and I think its beginning to catch up on him, I took Llodra in this exact tournament vs Soderling last year and I fancy him to get the job done again.He loves it here and is motivated to win, should be tight enough though. Pennetta to beat Kleybanova @ 1.80 (Pinnacle:3pts) H2H is all about Pennetta here, 3-0 and fairly comfortable at that. Feels like the right spot to fade Kleybanova imo. She's a big hitter but very inconsistent aswell and sometimes struggles to back up good wins. Pennetta is solid off both wings and hits with good depth...should be able to move her around ad expose her movement. She had a huge choke today vs Azarenka before clawing it back in the third. Should be a few breaks but worth a shot.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February Early selection for me ... - Tomas Berdych -2.5 games AH (vs Marin Cilic) @ 1.909 with Pinnacle (5pts) I really can't see Cilic getting past Berdych here. He muddled past Petzschner today but he still wasn't convincing, too many errors and too many slack serves. I can't see him getting away with it against Berdych. The Czech disposed of Roger-Vasselin pretty serenely today and looked like a man over his fever. Conditions are really quick here and they suit the Czech more than the Croat. Cilic hasn't beaten anyone of note this year and has found the form players tough to surpass ... he seems to be lacking confidence and gets tight at the crucial moments. Berdych also leads the H2H 2-0 and both those wins came when Cilic was in better form. Think Berdych will take this and cover the handicap in the process. :hope

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February Youzhny won and Dabul was a push. Unfortunately, Kanepi threw it away in a horrible fashion. One bet for the night and one early bet for tomorrow. (3/10) A.Mannarino (+3.5) to bt. L.Hewitt @ 1.90 at Pinnacle A possible upset here. Mannarino is a great talent, while Hewitt is definitely starting on a bad run. He was unconvinging against Dabul and Lu and Mannarino is another step up in quality. Young and hungry for success. The line is quite high and I am convinced that the Frenchman can clinch at least a set here. (3/10) T.Berdych (-2.5) to bt. M.Cilic @ 1.90 at Pinnacle This will probably become -3 until the match, so I would like to be on the line now. Cilic is not playing well at the moment. Lost a set against Bohli and his win over Petzschner was not that convincing. Losses against Troicki and Mayer mean that he is quite shaky. Berdych, in contrast, is in a stunning form and should have already recovered from the minor illness. H2H is 2-0 for Berdych with both matches played in 2009.

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February Was really hoping for Llodra to be around 2.4s for Soderling :@ will have to do with Evs or there abouts or just leave it alone. This week is hard to find anything appetizing, the second day I've struggled to find something worth betting on. :unsure

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February I was looking for a friday banker and had considered Melzer at 8/13 (Ladbrokes). Last time i saw Melzer play was australia and i thought he was decent enough against Murray. Problem is i havn't seen Tursunov play in years so i can't gauge him. Has anyone seen Tursunov play recently ? Reason im asking is that i really thought he'd be around 2/1 here instead of 6/5(ladbrokes). From what i remember of Tursunov i was never that impressed with any general aspects of his game. Bad temper too. Thanks.

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February Couple for me today. Here's a hoping :hope. (5/10) M.Johansson to bt. C.Castano @ 1.52 at Pinnacle Almost a no-brainer here. Johansson is in great form and I was really impressed by her performances so far. Meanwhile, Castano had two tough three-setters and the one against Fichman was pretty awful. Johansson has already beaten her once, so there should be no match-up problems. (4/10) S.Kuznetsova to bt. A.Radwanska @ 1.88 at Pinnacle Hard to go against Radwanska, who is playing well. However, the same thing happend last time they played - Radwanska seemed to be in better form and still lost. Kuznetsova owns her 8-3 in their meetings and has far too much power for her. She did well to beat Schiavone yesterday and can go further here. (3/10) R.Kendrick (+3) to bt. M.Raonic @ 2.00 at Pinnacle I think this is the right spot to oppose Raonic. He has played too many matches lately and many of them were quite tight. Stepanek pushed him to the wire yesterday and he was not even playing that well. Kendrick has a huge serve and I cannot see Raonic breaking him too often, so we may well see a couple of tie-breaks here. Kendrick has already beaten him last year and although Raonic is better now, he is also more tired. (3/10) F.Pennetta to bt. A.Kleybanova @ 1.82 at Pinnacle Match-up problems for Kleybanova here. Pennetta leads the H2H record 3-0 and 6-0 in sets. She is also in a good form and beating Azarenka is better than beating (very out of form) Zvonareva in these conditions. Pennetta knows the right strategy and will frustrate Kleybanova here, which will eventually get her through in my opinion. (3/10) D.Tursunov (+2.5) to bt. J.Melzer @ 2.04 at Pinnacle Similar reasoning as yesterday. Tursunov is a little bit underrated here. He is playing well and without any pressure. Beat Ljubicic with ease yesterday and his serve is really good on this surface. Melzer beat Seppi, who is no force on hard courts. I can see a couple of tight sets and I certainly fancy Tursunov to be competitive. (3/10) M.Rybarikova to bt. L.Hradecka @ 2.17 at Pinnacle I think this is where the road ends for Hradecka. She is even poorer than Rybarikova and while her form is impressive, she should be influenced by fatigue by now. She has played both singles and doubles here and she is now playing for basically two weeks straight. Rybarikova beat her in their last two meetings on the surface and the odds look tasty.

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February

- Albert Montanes (vs Fabio Fognini) x Michael Llodra (vs Tobias Kamke) @ 2.33 with Betfred (4pts) - Philipp Petzschner +3.5 games AH (vs Marin Cilic) @ 1.926 with Pinnacle (5pts) - Adrian Mannarino +3.5 games AH (vs Lleyton Hewitt) @ 1.99 with Pinnacle (6pts) - Nicolas Almagro -4 games AH (vs Leonardo Mayer) @ 1.92 with 188bet (6pts)
Montanes d. Fognini 6-2 4-6 6-4 & Llodra d. Kamke 6-3 6-4 - WIN Cilic d. Petzschner 7-6 6-3 - LOSS Hewitt d. Mannarino 6-7 7-5 6-0 - LOSS Almagro d. Mayer 6-7 6-1 6-3 - WIN The double came in easily enough, but Petzschner missed out by half a game and Mannarino lost the plot in the final set. Almagro's comeback ensured losses were kept to a strict minimum.

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February Hi guys, 1 more pick for WTA DUBAI: PENNETTA TO DEFEAT KLEYBANOVA @1.82 pinnaclesports Zvonareva made too many errors yesterday against Kleybanova. Pennetta has won all 3 matches against Kleybanova easily, she is in great form in 2011 and I am not sure about Kleybanova's form this year, Pennetta is moving better and is more consistent player overall.

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February Peer to bt. Wozniacki @ 4.38 - pinnacle 10/10 This is an important game for Wozniacki. If she beats Shahar Peer today, than she will rise to No. 1 again. A very difficult game for No 1 seed Caroline Wozniacki, which has the pressure on her side! Shahar Peer is a tough opponent, who knocked her out last year in the second round, here in WTA Dubai. It was an easy game for Shahar Peer, a straight-sets victory against Wozniacki. So, Shahar has the weapons to defeat this girl, and she knows it very well. Peer is playing a good quality game at this time, beating very easy an in-form Yanina Wickmayer, Alexandra Dulgheru and Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez. Peer is very disciplined, has consistent groundstrokes and is a fierce competitor. On the other side we have the No 1 seed - Caroline Wozniacki - a player which is far from her best right now! Caro will play a defensive tennis, waiting for Peer to tire out...but Shahar Peer has mental strengh, physical fitness, and she will know how to play the big points in this match! It will be a very tough game for Wozniacki. I see value in this price on Shahar Peer's win and I'll take it immediately!

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February Raonic vs Kendrick OVER 22.5 games @ 1.80 (Paddy Power:4pts) Moving away from overs/unders for the most part but this seems like one to take. Raonic is on fire these days,conditions in Memphis suit his big game and he got a great win over Stepanek last night. He may be worth opposing at some point but I'm doubtful Kendrick can get the job done. But he should be competitive on his own serve and he's a decent returner against these big guys aswell, he did beat Anderson this week aswell. Should be a close one here. gl!

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February Guys, maybe Im crazy but there are some serious mismatches that the bookies have given generous odds of 1.55 and above where the winner is a bit obvious, and I can’t get my head around that unless there is injury news.

Juan Chela (1.60) vs Albert Montanes

No way Montanes is a better player than on clay even if they were to play in Spain, couypled with Chelas form in the last 12 months then it’s a no contest.

Jo Tsonga(1.55) vs Mikhail Youzhny Tsonga has lost me a lot of money before as he is a touch moody but he has been consistent in the last few weeks and he generally plays well at the beginning of the year.Coupled with a passuionate French crowd only one winner for me.

Sam Querrey vs Mardy Fish (1.77)

Ridiculous gift. Querrey has been awful and with 2 big servers there will certainly be a few tie breaks and you know Fish is not a quitter so he should get through.I wouldn’t be surprised if Fish wins quite easily.

Johansson Mathilde (1.55) vs Castano Catalina Another mismatch where the only chance of an upset is based on the fact that the underdog is a home player but no way she can compete with the inform French woman.

Pennetta Flavia (1.71) vs Kleybanova Alisa I don’t normally bet against Russian women in tight matches but the difference in class is just too obvious.Klebanova beat a poor Vera who I have stopped backing along with kirilenko as they are in poor form and looking at Flavia’s last few wins(against klara who I rate a lot and the gifted Azarenka) she has beaten the better players and top it of with 3-0 head to head lead where she has not dropped a set, only one winner for me.

A few flutters I think will come in

Kendrick Robert against Raonic Milos (maybe on handicap) Melzer Jurgen against Tursunov Dmitry Llodra Michael against Soderling Robin (maybe on handicap)

Rybarikova Magdalena against Hradecka Lucie Marino Rebecca against Rodina Evgeniya Pous-Tio Laura against Martic Petra Garcia-Vidagany Beatriz against Dentoni Corinna

Unless there is injury or illness news Im not aware of, some of these games look straight forward for the odds being offered.

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February Tsonga to beat Youzhny @1.53 local bookie Odds are not great, Pinna has 1.56 + , but I need to make this bet at my local bookie. Tsonga is the man on the mission here, and I would not be surprised if he won this tournament. His match with Stakhovski revealed that Jo is actually willing to be the champion here and not to end in the semis as he did last year. H2H is 2-2, but both Tsonga's losses were due to retirement. On the other hand, Youzhny did not play this tournament last year and has no points to defend. Yesterday he dropped a set to the out of form Simon. Everything points to Tsonga's win.

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February Two more bets for me today ... - Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (vs Mikhail Youzhny) x David Nalbandian (vs Tommy Robredo) @ 2.20 with Stan James (5pts) I'll start with Tsonga. He seems to be enjoying the conditions in Marseille. Quick courts generally suit his big-hitting game and he's got the shots to pierce past any defence. Youzhny isn't a man who has the defensive skills to garner anything from this, IMO. He's a crafty player but all too often he gets blown off the court by big hitters. The H2H is 2-2 but it's deceptive - Youzhny's wins have both been retirements. Tsonga's hitting a bit of form and Youzhny will invariably throw in a lax service game, which could be his undoing here. Doubling him up with Nalbandian, who is also starting to motor. Good wins over Starace and Brzezcki have fine-tuned him for a match-up against a player he dominated last year. He met Robredo twice and each win was a straight-setter, including a bagel. Both men can be flaky on serve but Nalbandian has more off the deck. Take this with a bookie that refunds retirements because Tsonga and Nalbandian can pick up injuries. In saying that, I can see them both progressing. - Andy Roddick -3.5 games AH (vs Lleyton Hewitt) @ 1.99 with Pinnacle (5pts) Got to favour Roddick here. Conditions suit his game more and he's come through a couple of tricky matches with flying colours in beating Berankis and Tipsarevic. I think Hewitt chanced his luck against Mannarino and eventually wore down the inexperienced player, but I'm not sure he'll be afforded that luxury here. Roddick's got more nous and is more streetwise than the Frenchman and will pounce on any chances. It's also worth noting that this is a fairly quick turnaround for Hewitt, whose powers of recuperation aren't what they were. Decent offer this on the handicap - reckon Roddick can win with a bit to spare. :hope

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February Llodra (+2 handicap games) to bt Soderling @ 1.92 - pinnacle 10/10 Here we are in the second quarter final of the ATP Marseille. Robin Soderling and Michael Llodra will fight for a place in the semifinals. Llodra has reached the final of this tournament in the past two years, finnishing runner-up to Tsonga in 2009 before claiming the title last year. Llodra is an average player, a big-server which plays a simple game without technical fireworks. But this simple game seems to suits very well on this indoor hard-court in Marseille. Soderling is coming after a great week spent in Rotterdam, where he won the title. He had four days to rest, enaugh time to relax and take it from the beginning, but I don't think that he is 100% mentally focused on this one in Marseille. It is an 250 Tournament, where he has no points to defend. Last year, Llodra defeated Soderling in quarter finals, with 7-6, 6-4. Llodra is playing very well here, is a local favorite player, and he can win this one!

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February Radwanska to bt Kuznetsova @ 2.00 - Ladbrokes 10/10 Agnieszka Radwanska is in a good mood right now, after two very easy wins here in Dubai. She won in straight sets against Anastasija Sevastova and Marion Bartoli. Radwanska doesn’t have the big weapons that some of the other top girls have, but she is a brick wall on the baseline. She doesn’t make many errors, and she moves extremely well. When you play against a player like this, you have to be a bit more patient and not go for outright winners all the time. Kuznetsova is not playing like that! She makes many unforced errors, and is not able to win against player who can play a deffensive tennis. Svetlana Kuznetsova is coming after to very-long matches against Tsvetana Pironkova and Francesca Schiavone. She must be a little bit tired right now, while playing against Radwanska - a well rested player. I will give the edge to Radwanska! The Polish girl has the mental strengh to beat this girl!

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February Kleybanova to bt. Pennetta @ 2.10 -Betfred 10/10 Pennetta comes in as the #18 ranked in the world, and has had some nice wins this season. She won against Shahar Peer at Australian Open, and then against Jarmila Groth and Samantha Stosur in Fed Cup, two weeks ago. Here in Dubai WTA, Flavia Pennetta defeated Jelena Dokic, Klara Zakopalova and Victoria Azarenka. She is coming after two very-long matches, playing bad in the last one against Azarenka. Too many unforced errors, poor shots, and she was down to 4-1 in the final set, with 2 breaks for Vika Azarenka. On the other side, Alisa Kleybanova comes here after three very-easy wins against Anstasia Pavlyuchenkova, Jarmila Groth and Vera Zvonareva. She is in a good shape, playing a good quality tennis here in Dubai. Kleybanova is the more rested player, and she should win this one!

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February Well, Jankovic won again in an epic match against Stosur. I had no money in it, but I am glad she proved my point that she arrived in prety good form. It's a shame that tomorrow she will be drained against Caro, who played earlier and had an easy walk in the park against Peer :(. Still, I would not exclude an upset, though this will be a no-play for me because of Caro advantage in physical resources.

Soderling crushing Llodra. Looked like he was gonna get away early on 0/5 bp's and then completely fell apart...poor volleys,returns. Should be a cruise for Robin now
Yeah, Llodra should throw a towel into court. Already smashed his racquette on the floor in frustration. I am glad I did not follow his backers today.

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February Juan Monaco 2.710 Pinnacle Got to go against Wawrinka. He did'nt play any impressive matches last two in the tournament. Monaco has found his game again and plays mutch better then Wawrinka in this tournament. The odds on Monaco I don't understand. I know the bookies are making Wawrinka to big favourite and only reason is how he's been playing last months. Non consideration how Wawrinka was playing last match that Hanescu should have won if he'd been playing one level higher. I suspect a straight sets win for Monaco.

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February - Andy Roddick -3.5 games (vs. Lleyton Hewitt) @ 1.99 [Pinnacle] (5/10) Roddick seems to do very well in the States and has done well in a tricky draw so far with wins over Berankis and Tipsarevic. Hewitt was lucky against the young Mannarino, who matched him in the opening two sets but collapsed in the third. I think Hewitt will struggle against Roddick, who is more suited to the conditions. Roddick is priced @ 4/5 to win in straight sets, so I think the handicap price is great value here. - David Nalbandian -3.5 games (vs. Tommy Robredo) @ 1.86 [Pinnacle] (5/10) Nalbandian and Robredo have cruised through the opening two rounds and match-up in the quarter-finals. Nalbandian is rightly favourite to win the tournament, and with him playing well I can't bet against him here. I think the handicap line is set correctly, and it won't be an easy win for Nalbandian despite his track record against the Spaniard, but I see him making the handicap here, be it 2 or 3 sets. - Juan Martin Del Potro -4.5 games (vs. Michael Russell) @ 1.81 [Pinnacle] (3/10) Again, both players who have won their first two matches in straight sets. Del Potro played very well against Isner and Dodig, and is beginning to get back to his best I think. He's still a little away from being 100% tournament fit and to be able to play at his peak for more than a week, but I feel that Russell is the perfect opponent for Del Potro on this surface. I think the price is a little low and it depends who serves first, but the line should be doable for the Argentine.

(5/10) M.Johansson to bt. C.Castano @ 1.52 at Pinnacle :ok:ok (4/10) S.Kuznetsova to bt. A.Radwanska @ 1.88 at Pinnacle :ok:ok (3/10) R.Kendrick (+3) to bt. M.Raonic @ 2.00 at Pinnacle :ok:ok (3/10) F.Pennetta to bt. A.Kleybanova @ 1.82 at Pinnacle :ok:ok (3/10) D.Tursunov (+2.5) to bt. J.Melzer @ 2.04 at Pinnacle :ok:ok (3/10) M.Rybarikova to bt. L.Hradecka @ 2.17 at Pinnacle :ok:ok (3/10) T.Berdych (-2.5) to bt. M.Cilic @ 1.90 at Pinnacle :@:@ (3/10) A.Mannarino (+3.5) to bt. L.Hewitt @ 1.90 at Pinnacle :@:@
Well, that went rather well :tongue2.