** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - 14-20 February

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February What about Anderson to bt Kendrick. I think that odds is good for combo with Hapoel TA :) Anderson is in very good form, Kendrick is average this year. Anderson win trophy in home recently, Kendrick in Memphis last years play very bad. So i think Anderson will win. Anderson to bt Kendrick @1.55 8/10 Anderson(-2.5) to bt Kendrick @1.85 6/10

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February

Blake is playing Ricardo Mello alright' date=' but it was Marcelo Melo who made the doubles final in Brazil. I thought it was Mello who had done so as well as making the singles semis, so I though fatigue would be an issue. Still think it will be, however, and still think Blake will cover the line.[/quote'] Sorry my bad, should have read the posts properly. Thought I had placed a big bet on Blake and he was playing a different Mello. Taken Blake to win @ 1.47 don't think he will have to much trouble with Ricardo Mello coming straight off clay.

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February I'm just in time for one of my picks, so I'll put it up and add the rest later on... - Alberto Montanes (vs. Ruben Ramirez-Hidalgo) x Tommy Robredo (vs. Maximo Gonzalez) x Sergiy Stakhovsky (vs. Illya Marchenko) @ 2.15 [bet365] (3/10) I think this is where Montanes will kick start his 2011 campaign, and I think he's one to watch out for in this tournament. Neither guy enters Buenos Aires in sparkling form, both stuttering and losing early on in Brazil. Montanes is a superior player to Ramirez-Hidalgo, and holds a 3-1 head-2-head record (all on clay). If Montanes is with it he's in the top 20 on clay in my opinion, but his inconsistency always gets the better of him. Not confident on him by handicap so will had him to a low priced treble. Robredo has found a new lease of life it seems and is in great form at the moment. They met earlier on this year in ATP Santiago, where Robredo smashed Gonzalez 6-3, 6-1 and went on to win the tournament. I see a similar result here, but slightly closer. Might take Robredo on handicap as the match nears. Marchenko is all power and is hit and miss. He tries and end the rally by hitting power strokes all the time and appears to have no other gameplan. Stakhovsky is more steady, and better on a quick surface like the one in Memphis. He holds a 2-0 head-2-head record and is the better player in better form. The handicap is too big for me to be confident about it, but I think he will pass -4.

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February Wouldnt win an argument in the last few days..........:lol....last 4 or 5 bets have been shocking. Strycova tanking against Krajcek 6-1 3-0 down!!

Kirilenko vs Scheepers OVER 20 games AH @1.855 (Pinnacle:4pts) Robredo x Zahlavova-Strycova Double @ 1.86 (Pinnacle:3pts)
loss x 2..........:\ Definitely taking a few days away from tennis. GL with your bets fellas..........:hope

(1/10) B.Zahlavova-Strycova to win the WTA Memphis @ 6.00 at Centrebet
The player that beat the likes of Petrova and Rezai loses VERY EASILY to the player that lost to the likes of Rus and Lisicki. Ah well, at least we have got that one out of the way. Crazy stuff in the WTA again :eyes. Hopefully Ditty - Hradecka will be as crazy as this :tongue2

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February Sport Tennis Event Tursunov v Dimitrov Selection Tursunov Strength 10/10 Date 14/02/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.93 Reasoning Tough game, but I consider this price to be just about enough. Tursunov has really struggled with injuries, but seems to be getting back a bit. He won a challenger in Singapore a few weeks ago and came through qualifying last week in Rotterdam and played well against Berdych, pushing him all the way. Dimitrov has a big rep, and starting to produce the results getting into top 100. He too came through qualifying in Rotterdam last week, and lost to Tsonga. Close game, Tursunov marginal fav and I'll take this price.

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February Just taken 4 in Dubai tomorrow on the women's side of things. Was looking at the overs in the Peng-Mattek Sands match and also looking to oppose Kvitova on the handicap but line is a little low. Yanina Wickmayer vs Bojana Jovanovski- Jovanovski +3.5 handicap- 8/11 Bet365- (5/10) Expected a 2.5/3 handicap here so happy to take the slightly higher line, although I imagine it will end up being lower. Wickmayer has played alot of tennis recently whilst there has also been reports about a slight injury she has picked up along the way. Was involved in a lengthy match with Kvitova a few days back which she lost after choking in the third. She'd already played a couple of Fed Cup matches before that so chances are she's not going to be 100%. That on top of adapting to conditions over in Dubai, a vast different to that of Paris suggests to me that she could face some problems tomorrow. She has also shown her vulnerable side this year getting beat by the likes of Arn and Sevastova on the hard courts, two players she really should be beating. Jovanovski on the other hand has really emerged as one of the most promising players in the WTA. Already beaten Kanepi and Pennetta this year whilst taking the first set against Zvonareva at the AO. She has also just helped Serbia beat Canada in the Fed Cup by winning her two matches in straight sets which was a week ago so unlike Wickmayer, she has had that extra bit of time to adapt to conditions in Dubai. The young Serbian could have a bit of fun over the next couple of weeks if she plays how she has been doing and Wickmayer tomorrow if she's not on song, could face a R1 defeat two years in a row. Prefer the handicap to the outright though and can see Bojana pinching a set here if not the match. Jelena Dokic vs Flavia Pennetta- Pennetta -4.5 handicap- 4/6 Bet365- (5/10) These days the only events that Dokic really manages to perform in are the challanger events. She's not a bad indoor player as shown by her performance last week in Paris but on the outdoor stage, she is often picked apart by the better players. Petkovic, Kuznetsova and Clijsters have all beaten the Australian easily enough this year. Add this to the fact that she lost to players well outside the top 100 on hard last year then you'd have to fancy Pennetta to win this without too much trouble. The Italian herself looks to be somewhere around her best again this year with impressive wins over Peer, Zvonareva and Stosur last week, to which all three players are a couple of notches above Dokic. H2H is 1-0 for the Italian but this was when Dokic retired but the score at that point was 5-0 to Pennetta first set. The Italian made the third round last year and must surely fancy going further this year given the form she's in. Handicap should be covered here though. Patty Schnyder vs Ana Ivanovic- Ivanovic -4.5 handicap- 5/6 Bet365- (4/10) Not keen on backing Ivanovic with a handicap but she should have enough about her to win this won with some ease. Schnyder hasn't played a great deal of tennis this year. Lost early to a lowly Tsurenko at the AO and then lost 2/3 of her Fed Cup matches. Ivanovic herself hasn't been great this season by any means but fancy her for two main reasons. One is that last week she played some matches over in Thailand and I'm guessing the humid conditions are similiar to that over in Dubai so she should have adapted. The second reason being the H2H. I know sometimes it's wrong to analyse it in great detail but Ivanovic has won the last 5 matches between the pair of them, 4 of them in easy straight sets. (6-1 6-2 most recent at back end of last year) Schnyder is no spring chicken and if it's hot and humid, can see Ivanovic producing a good scoreline in this one so willing to take her with a 4.5 handicap. Saving the best till last. ;) Shahar Peer vs Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez- Peer -3.5 handicap- 4/5 Bet365- (4/10) Fancy Shahar here to cover the handicap. Last year she firmly established herself as one of the top players in the WTA and showed she can hit with the best of them. Last year in Dubai is where her best run happened. Wins over Wickmayer, Razzano, Wozniacki and Li sent her into the semis before she fell to Venus. The conditions in this tournament suit her so perfectly and she said last year how much she enjoyed playing in Dubai. Traditionally her best results in the year will come in the east where it is warm and Peer can make her opponents run all over the court and wear them down. She's also worked on her serve in the last 12 months and it is now full of variation and an effective one. Her results this year haven't been anything special but I fancy her to get some wins over the next couple of weeks. Martinez-Sanchez isn't the best draw for Shahar here as being a lefty, she can cause problems for her opponents with her spin and angles. This worked so effectively against Kanepi who she beat in the Fed Cup, however Peer is alot fitter than Kanepi and will look to make the Spaniard play that extra shot. One thing I feel Sanchez will struggle with is the extra power Peer can get on a ball out of nothing, making her incredibly hard to pcik and read. Kleybanova and Cornet, both reasonably big hitters have beaten the Spaniard this year in straight sets which to me says she is vulnerable against the powerful groundstrokes. Peer may indeed have to work a bit in this one but if she takes a close first set, can see her covering the handicap in the second.

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February Sport Tennis Event Peng v Mattek Sands Selection Peng Strength 10/10 Date 15/02/2011 Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 1.66 Reasoning Peng has been rock solid year year, compiling a 13-4 including qualifying for this tournament. She lost to Mattek Sands earlier in the year in Hobart from 1 set up but that was a weird tournament with many delays. Mattek played well in Paris last week but seemed to struggle with injury in the semi final on Saturday. Tough spot for her here, tough Fed Cup weekend then semis of Paris then the flight and adjustments to Dubai with a possible injury. Easy for her to go out early. Ladbrokes joint top price and pay out on retirements nice.

Sport Tennis Event Peng v Mattek Sands Selection Peng Strength 10/10 Date 15/02/2011 Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 1.66 Reasoning Peng has been rock solid year year, compiling a 13-4 including qualifying for this tournament. She lost to Mattek Sands earlier in the year in Hobart from 1 set up but that was a weird tournament with many delays. Mattek played well in Paris last week but seemed to struggle with injury in the semi final on Saturday. Tough spot for her here, tough Fed Cup weekend then semis of Paris then the flight and adjustments to Dubai with a possible injury. Easy for her to go out early. Ladbrokes joint top price and pay out on retirements nice.
Also Peng already played 2 matches here in Dubai in qualies, winning vs Henke 6-1 6-0 and K. Bondarenko 5-7 6-4 6-2, while Mattek never even played in Dubai before, in this time of season she often plays indoor events in US so at first sight Peng could be a nice pick.

- Sergiy Stakhovsky (vs Illya Marchenko) x Fabio Fognini (vs Frederico Gil) @ 1.99 with Unibet (4pts) WIN
Stakhovsky won pretty comfortably in the end, despite going an early break down. Marchenko lost 16 points in a row, sums up how erratic he is. As expected, Fognini did the usual rollercoaster ride, but came through strongly to complete the double. Nice start to the week :ok

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February Sania Mirza (-2.5) to beat Akgul Amanmuradova @ 1.90 (BET 365) Strength (5/10) Fancy Mirza to take this, and the handicap should be easily covered if she does. Amanmuradova is dangerous but she can get overwhelmed by mobile players with big strokes and Mirza has a forehand that could take her apart and expose her lack of mobility, being 6ft 4. Mirza has good memories of Dubai, winning the ITF tournament here in December beating the likes of Goerges and Jovanovski on the way. She beat Agkul 6-3 6-4 on hard court back in September in the only match they've played so far - she also seems in better shape now than she was then - so we should see a similar result. GL! :hope

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February - Radek Stepanek (vs. Benjamin Becker) @ 1.546 [Pinnacle] (5/10) I liked the handicap line and thought it was set right, but I wasn't quick enough to capitalize. The price is down to 1.7s somewhere, which isn't really worth the bother in my opinion and I rather take the outright victory. He's like Atko said, a nasty style match-up for Becker as he will pile pressure on the German to make shots that he doesn't usually produce. Becker will be out of his comfort zone and I think Stepanek is a dark horse this week. - Adrian Mannarino -3.5 games (vs. Jan Hajek) @ 1.752 [Pinnacle] (5/10) Mannarino in his home tournament has the chance to show France what he is capable of on the big stage. He's showing steady improvement and is climbing up the rankings nicely and with a good run two weeks ago where he reached the semis in Johannesburg, the confidence is coming across in his game. If he can establish some consistency, France might have another top 30 player with them soon. - Michael Llodra -3.5 games (vs. Julian Benneteau) @ 1.917 [Pinnacle] (5/10) It's hard to look against the defending champion here with Benneteau in such dire form. Losing in the qualifiers at Rotterdam, only played one main tour event match and that was a defeat at the hands of Starace. If he gets broken early, it will all go down hill in my opinion. His confidence must be low, there are question marks over his fitness and he doesn't look capable of stringing a good run of results here. After slating Benneteau, Llodra is in good nick himself and producing respectable results in Rotterdam such as a win over the ever unpredictable Davydenko. I think he'll clear the handicap here as they're both in contrasting form at the moment.

- Adrian Mannarino -3.5 games (vs. Jan Hajek) @ 1.752 [Pinnacle] (5/10) Mannarino in his home tournament has the chance to show France what he is capable of on the big stage.
You've mixed things here, he is playing in Memphis, Tennessee USA, not in Marseille.

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February I am new to this forum,this is my first post,but I follow PL tennis topics for some time,and some of you are very good in tennis tiping. My first question is,sorry for this,but WTF????! happend in match Arvidsson vs Stevenson,is this a fixer or what?!:pukeArvidsson.

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February You should ask miss Sofia what acctually happened there, she was defending finals there from last year, won very easily all of 3 previous matches vs Stevenson (all of 3 indoors), Stevenson who got LL spot because she lost in quallies here 6-1 6-2... nothing more to add

- Alberto Montanes (vs. Ruben Ramirez-Hidalgo) x Tommy Robredo (vs. Maximo Gonzalez) x Sergiy Stakhovsky (vs. Illya Marchenko) @ 2.15 [bet365] (3/10) WIN
All three passed the handicap set for them, but better safe than sorry... +3.45 points to start the week for me, roll on tomorrow's matches.

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February Dodig vs Schuettler Whats your opinions guys? I am a new punter here but to me it looks like a sure win for Dodig. Dodig comes from winning in Zagreb and have had a really great start of the year while Schuettler seems to loose almost every single match right now, even against quite low ranked players... Would appreciate any feedback, is it worth backing Dodig with handicap?

Dodig vs Schuettler Whats your opinions guys? I am a new punter here but to me it looks like a sure win for Dodig. Dodig comes from winning in Zagreb and have had a really great start of the year while Schuettler seems to loose almost every single match right now, even against quite low ranked players... Would appreciate any feedback, is it worth backing Dodig with handicap?
Personally, I don't like the Dodig line. Yes, he won Zagreb, but he was at home, where he was given preferential treatment, be it scheduling to even line calls. He won't get the same treatment here. Schuettler's on a downward spiral, however, so it's a nice R1 tie, but the veteran German can throw in a few unexpected results from time to time. I'd favour Dodig but not at the current prices.

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February One for the early WTA. (2/10) Z.Kucova to bt. S.Errani @ 3.49 at Pinnacle This is pure value. Errani had to travel and play pretty quickly, while Kucova played quallies here in the tough conditions. Kucova is a handy player on hard courts - not impressive, but solid. And I reckon some tiredness might set in for Errani. I expected something around the 2.80 mark, so this is huge. Handicap can be a good play also

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February One early bet this morning ... - Thomas Schoorel (vs Tobias Kamke) @ 2.00 with Pinnacle (4pts) I'm not sure I agree with Kamke being the favourite here. He has achieved more than Schoorel in his career, especially last year with a few good results in the Slams, but he comes here in bad shape. Didn't perform at all well in the quick conditions of Heilbronn a few weeks ago and blew a big lead against Kohlschreiber in R1 of the Australian Open. My fear for him is that defeat may linger in the system, which is quite often the case with inexperienced players. Schoorel is a man who is revelling in the Marseille conditions - he has come through three qualifiers without so much as losing his serve - and he'll see this tie as a winnable one. He lost in Rotterdam to Troicki, but that is not a bad result considering the Serb's form. He is an up-and-coming player who has performed admirably whenever he's been on the main Tour and I think his first win at this level is just around the corner. Kamke comes here a little short of indoor match fitness, while Schoorel has played in the last two weeks on indoor courts. Fancy the Dutchman to prevail here. :hope

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February Thanks Atko. Valued feedback. Yes I saw he was on home turf in Zagreb which also worried me a little. Of course Schuettler is an old fox that might pull off an upset, but seems unlikely at this moment as he is really in free fall. I will take your advice and only put a straight win for Dodig in a double or treble.

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February (5/10) S.Wawrinka-C.Berlocq-under 20.5 @ 1.88 Wawrinka is in great form he looks good at court and he should beat Berlocq in two sets.Wawrinka is one of the favorites for title and he shouldnt have any problems in first round. (4/10) I.Andreev-E.Schwank-Schwank @ 2.33 I think that price on Schwank is too high.Schwank plays at home and he beat Andreev before he knows him and he should beat him today.Andreev beat Schwank in Brazil but he was really lucky in that match and I think that now when Schwank plays at home he should give his best and he could beat Andreev. (2/10) N.Mahut-A.Kumantsov-Kumantsov+4.5 @ 2.03 Mahut plays at home and he should win the match but i saw yesterday Kumantsov and he was great on his service and I think that he can hold his serve to a tie-break but even if he don't still 6-4 6-4 would be enough.I like this price especcially knowing that Mahut sometimes just losses his focus. :hope

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February Final bet for me regarding today's action ... - David Nalbandian -3.5 games AH (vs Potito Starace) @ 1.885 with Pinnacle (5pts) Like the look of Nalbandian in Buenos Aires. He probably would have wanted an easier R1 draw but Starace will make sure that his mind is focused on the job. Nalbandian leads the H2H 3-0, with two of those wins covering this line and two of them coming in this tournament, one of which was last year in Nalby's comeback game. I expect him to go deep in this tournament spurred on by the home crowd. He's got a better range of shots than Starace, who has had a good couple of weeks on the clay swing and may come here a little weary. Potito has the better, more consistent serve but I fear for him in rallies. He's not got a shot that can win matches and normally relies on errors from other players. Nalbandian took last week off to prepare for this tournament so I expect him to go well fresh. Think he can cover a -3.5 game line. :hope

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February Too many matches interest me today. Here is the first part. Fingers crossed. (3/10) F.Volandri to bt. J.P.Brzezicki @ 2.22 at Pinnacle I do not really see where the odds are coming from. After all, Volandri is usually playing on the ATP tour, while Brzezicki is usually playing just in some lesser tournaments. Yes, he has the better form, but his wins came against players that I have not even heard of. Meanwhile, Volandri lost to many solid players (Bellucci, Andreev, etc.). The form is just misleading imo, as is the H2H record (the first match was a close one, the second match was a retirement). (3/10) D.Nalbandian (-3.5) to bt. P.Starace @ 1.88 at Pinnacle After taking some time off, Nalbandian should be finally back. And he does not have a tough R1 tie., which is good. The handicap is not that much if you consider that Nalbandian is a class above Starace when in form. The surface should suit him, as he has better shots than Starace and his rather average serve will not matter too much. (2/10) B.Jovanovski to bt. Y.Wickmayer @ 2.73 at Pinnacle I will go for talent over experience. Wickmayer still has some issue with movement and this should be a solid problem on quick courts such as these. Jovanovski had more time to adapt and she certainly has the talent to beat Yanina here. Should be a cracker, but I expect Jovanovski to come out as the winner.