** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January)

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January)

- Andy Murray -5.5 games AH (vs David Ferrer) @ 1.862 with Pinnacle (8/10) LOSS
Disappointing way to end my Australian Open with a -0.5 game loss but that's the way it goes sometimes. Ferrer battled more than even I thought he was capable of and I feel a bit sorry for him, he probably will never get a better chance to win a Slam. I won't be getting involved in the final because I couldn't call with any certainty how it will go - one to just enjoy. Despite today's result, it's been another extremely profitable slam, not just for me but for many others (Czech, IAG, the two particular stand-outs). Great work as always :ok

Re: Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January) Ok, I will jump on that now, whatever the change in odds will be. (9/10) N.Djokovic to bt. A.Murray @ 1.80 at Paddy Power Cannot see past Novak after the Ferrer clash. Andy is still under huge pressure to win a Slam and Novak has some confidence with that Roger win. I think he is the better player overall and has the experience of winning a GS final, which may well play a role. He has been playing extremely well this year and while both players had minimal dips, I think Djokovic has proved more. If I see another bookie offer it 1.8+, I am adding the final point to that bet (twice my usual flat stake). Really, I cannot see past him, but I can understand why others may want to stay away. I do not, however - I will take the risk here.

Murray -4.5 over Ferrer @ 8/11 (Stan James:5pts) Murray 3-1 vs Ferrer @ 5/2 (Paddy Power: 1pt) Murray 3-0 vs Ferrer @ 11/8 (Paddy Power: 1pt)
WIN WIN LOSS Lucky day really. Narrowly got the -4.5 and one of the correct scores hit - in general I think correct scores are mug bets. Actually felt sorry for Ferrer there - such a great competitor. Looking back to his 07 form. I think Clijsters will beat Na Li pretty well in the women's final - not sure if there's anything worth playing there. Well done everyone!

Re: Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January) Joining the challenger bandwagon today - I need action:tongue2 Sport Tennis Event Knittel v Meffert Selection Knittel Strength 10/10 Date 28/01/2011 Bookmaker/Price 5Dimes @ 1.87 Reasoning Didn't really know Knittel before this week, but he looks a good player. Big serve and pretty solid. He's had a couple of very good wins over Golubev (quality and good record here) and Andreas Beck. So he seems in top form and should be good here. Meffert is a solid player, not as good as he was a few years ago. I think Knittel will come through.

Re: Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January) Clijsters (BEL) vs Li-Na (CHN) Clijsters -3.5 @Pinnacle 1,752 edit: adding Clijsters (BEL) vs Li-Na (CHN) Clijsters to win 2-0 @Pinnacle 1,971 Clijsters recovering from her leg problems that affected her during the first week of the tournament. It was apparent in her match with Zvonareva where she literally outplayed Vera 62 64 in two straight sets. Vera and Li-Na have similar style, both are big hitters and capable of bombing lines in long rallies, of these two IMO Vera is better player. Yet this was not enough against Kim which is now in superb top form. Also we have this mental issue - Kim already won a slam (US Open last year), while for Li-Na this is the first grand slam final ever. And Kim did beat Li-Na in both Grand Slam matches they played against each other (US Open 2009, Wimbledon 2006). Adding to this Li-Na's inconsistency, I cannot see past Kim here, probably in two sets. Djokovic (SRB) vs Murray (GBR) Djokovic @Pinnacle 1,714 I second Czech in this. Unfortunately, the odds are not what I would prefer to see, but be it. From what I have seen in the semifinals, this is the only logical conclusion. Two matches in a row Andy was rather shaky, dropping a set to Dolgo and nearly losing (well, almost) to Ferrer. IMO had Ferrer won that 4th set tie-break, Andy had been gone. On the other hand, Djoko is a man on the mission. If he keeps the level he had against Federer, there is no doubt about the result. GL

Is that usually bit of a minefield then? Lots of weird results etc?
Like you'd never believe :loon Strange things happen in Zagreb, I suspect this year will be no different. There will be bets to be had though ...

Re: Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January) People can someone help me pls??? On betfair are handicap tennis bets settled with tie break scores included in the handicap or is it just the 7-6 included..ie I had a lil flutter on Murray -5.5 after he lost first set so he either won it easy with the two tie break scores of 7-2 included with the 6-1 or lost on the 7-6 overall scores. Hope that makes sense! Many thanks

Re: Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January) Sport Tennis Event Djokovic v Murray Selection Djokovic Strength 10/10 Date 30/01/2011 Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 1.75 Reasoning Missed 1.80, but this is best available and I think will lower before game time. Djokovic in top form and should be buoyed by win over Federer. His form seems near the top level and he is very sharp. Also he's got the job done in grand slam final before which Murray has not. Murray has looked very good in this tournament, but in semi final not so good maybe night match not suiting him so much. He's also seemed to have a little injury problem and in interviews when asked he didn't say no, just that "at this stage everyone is carrying something" (I paraphrase) which is a bit negative I think. Djokovic had extra day to recover which is a plus. Good price I think.

People can someone help me pls??? On betfair are handicap tennis bets settled with tie break scores included in the handicap or is it just the 7-6 included..ie I had a lil flutter on Murray -5.5 after he lost first set so he either won it easy with the two tie break scores of 7-2 included with the 6-1 or lost on the 7-6 overall scores. Hope that makes sense! Many thanks
It's a game handicap so that counts as 7-6

Re: Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January) Really bad slam for me really as had no profit but a small loss which I always consider a failure for a major as there are so many opportunities. Would have been a differnt story if Murray had covered the handicap or backed Li but wasn't to be. Looks like other had good success though which is nice to see. Bring on Zagreb.

Re: Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January) Does anyone give Na Li a chance here? Yeah she's playing well and has a game capable of winning a Slam in the future but I really really can't look past Kim in tomorows final. She's a better player and has shitloads of experience to fall back on. I think there is some value in Kim winning 2-0 at 10/11, it has come in from EVS overnight. Am I underrating Li too much here or is it a good shout?

Like you'd never believe :loon Strange things happen in Zagreb' date=' I suspect this year will be no different. There will be bets to be had though ...[/quote'] Last year I tried the "back the underdog" system in the WTA Kremlin Cup 1st round. Basically this means one should put 1 unit on every underdog with odds higher than 2.5. Kremlin Cup 1st round was nice profit. Now, Zagreb Indoors is the first ATP tournament in 2011 where similar strategy should work, at least it worked in 2010, 2009 and 2008. I am definitely going to try it again (in the first round only - it's important).

Re: Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January) After todays match I dont see how Murray can beat Đoković.Đoković is in better form and he looks more relax and more comfortable than Murray.He should win the match with handicap.:hope:hope

Re: Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January) Sport Tennis Event Clijsters v Li Selection Lay Li (Lay) Strength 10/10 Date 29/01/2011 Bookmaker/Price Blue Square @ 3.45 Reasoning I don't see many problems for Clijsters in this final. Li was clearly very nervous in the semi finals and it was pretty much match point down before she started playing! She could be even worse in the final. On the other hand, Clijsters struggled early on but then really stepped up in the semi final. Expect her to play really well here, she'll be very strong. She's got all the experience and is a champion. 2-0 I think is also a good option.

Joining the challenger bandwagon today - I need action:tongue2 Sport Tennis Event Knittel v Meffert Selection Knittel Strength 10/10 Date 28/01/2011 Bookmaker/Price 5Dimes @ 1.87 Reasoning Didn't really know Knittel before this week, but he looks a good player. Big serve and pretty solid. He's had a couple of very good wins over Golubev (quality and good record here) and Andreas Beck. So he seems in top form and should be good here. Meffert is a solid player, not as good as he was a few years ago. I think Knittel will come through.
Good call :clap

Re: Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January) Thanks:ok Sport Tennis Event Bryan/Bryan v Bhuparti/Paes Selection Bhuparti/Paes Strength 10/10 Date 29/01/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 3.41 Reasoning Risky here, but I feel worth it. Bhuparti/Paes as mentioned already are on a mission, to with this as it's the only thing they haven't won. They were very strong in the semis and have looked pretty good. They have had the harder route through, beating Llodra/Zimonjic in the quarters then Mirnyi/Nestor in the semis. Bryans have been pretty comfortable so far, but in the games I've seen not so impressive. They are of course a top team, and better than Bhuparti/Paes, but this should be a close game and the price is appealing.

Re: Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January) Hi guys i have been betting on quite few matches in the late stages of the tournament and i have been in profit it seems nearly every bet i do i win money when in the first week i was not winning as much it seems the quarter finals onwards i seem to do better in winning money than losing it do you guys manage to win more in the latter stages when you know how the players are playing which i feel is a big advantage on winning big i suppose it is a lot easier when you know which players have a chance of winning

Re: Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January) Na Li vs Kim Clijsters over 21.5 games 5/6 skybet well this is the final and finals should be close matches i suppose each player is on the top of their game especially Li so im going with the overs bet because i feel that the sets will be close an extra bet i think 7-5 in the first set for clijsters

Re: Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January) Sport Tennis Event Li - Clijsters Selection Li Strength 10/10 Date 29/01/2011 Bookmaker/Price Unibet @ 3.65 Reasoning Third time in a row bet on Na Li! In my opinion odds are too high, I smell suprise. I don't want speak too many about both players, you can see at my previews. Off course Clisjters is favourite here, but before this tournament Li beat Clijsters in Sydney Final, why not today? Please remember about RG Final - Stosur/Schiavone, public bet on Stosur and big suprise!:) I believe it! --- Sport Tennis Event Martin - Tursunov Selection Martin Strength 10/10 Date 29/01/2011 Bookmaker/Price Unibet @ 2.60 Reasoning I see very good value in this odds, Martin can beat Tursunov an d make Final here. Martin in this weekend show very good, stable form. Return on the high level and very good serve. Play great in single and make SF in doubles, hot form and can beat everyone here. Tursunov like old fixer, in last match make clear fix against Cipolla, won first set and lost next two. Not playing good here, sometimes making huge mistakes. I see more chances than Unibet for Martin! --- Sport Tennis Event Rosol - Soeda Selection Rosol Strength 10/10 Date 29/01/2011 Bookmaker/Price Unibet @ 2.05 Reasoning In my opinion Rosol have more chances than 50% in this game. Rosol in this tournament play very good, servying on the very high level, really hard to break. In supporters opinion Rosol in this moment is the biggest favourite for the title here. Soeda not look good in previous matches, shaky serve, ok -destroy in last match Ito, but Ito play with small injury. Soeda in next weekend play in biggest tournament in RPA - tank today? Go Rosol!