** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January)

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January)

- Roger Federer to win the Australian Open at 2.80 with 188bet (4/10) LOSS
Incredible tennis from Djokovic, and I'm genuinely delighted for him and the sport that he's made it to another Slam final. Disappointed from a cash persepective that Federer bowed out but he's looking wobbly in Slams these days - is time perhaps catching up with him a little? Right now, you have to fancy Djokovic for the title. Murray's got a fine chance (assuming he beats Ferrer, which I expect him to), but are you telling me he's playing better than Djokovic right now? I don't think so. Either way, can't wait for the final. Well done all Djokovic backers :ok

Re: Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January) Federror...that about sums the match. Thankfully I have avoided betting today, everything really seemed priced accordingly. And yeah, this is the Slam of Murray's dreams. Should have faced Soderling/Nadal/Federer....and it now reads Dolgopolov/Ferrer/Djokovic...what a change. If he does not win now, he really is a failure :rollin

Re: Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January) I was in a lecture when the match was on and didn't take any notes coz I glued to my phone lol. Yeah don't see how Murray won't win tonight. Calling the final is tricky, both as a punter and I think for the bookies pricing wise. Murray's won the last 3 all on hard...

Atko...I do not think you can say how well Murray is playing. He has not been tested yet and he basically auto-piloted all his matches' date=' while Djokovic had to at least fight a little.[/quote'] And that's my point. Djokovic's level has been higher than Murray's. We all know Murray can match that but whether he will or not is a different matter. I'm already thinking that a Murray-Djokovic final is one to stay clear of unless something huge happens tonight. Almost an impossible match to call and very dangerous from a betting perspective. One to enjoy without the cash.

Federer vs Djokovic OVER 38.5 games @ 1.952 (Pinnacle:5pts) Djokovic to beat Federer @ 3.030 (Pinnacle:2pts)
loss win .......thought the overs was rolling in when Fed was 5-2 up in the second...not to be. Djoker was very good and Fed gave him a helping hand shanking forehands and backhands.

Re: Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January) i tthink murray would have preferred to play fed over djokovic in the final if murray makes it (one federer is very shaky in long rallies, number 2 big point to prove from last year.) Murray would of preferred to play Soda over Dologopolov only rafa who murray beat here last year would he havent not preferred to play..

I'm also glad to jump on the Murray bandwagon. I think Atko told and Fish25 told already everything about this game. I take the [email protected] (7/10) at StanJames
Took this last night aswell. Went for the lower handicap at Stans instead of the -5.5 just for some safety as I think Murray can cover this even if he loses a set which is possible. The line has moved since. Murray -4.5 over Ferrer @ 8/11 (Stan James:5pts) *line is now at -5.5 @ Stans* Murray's big chance to finally win a slam and I can't see him needing more than 4 sets here. Big fan of Ferrer but he just doesnt have the weapons to beat someone like Murray on a HC imo, even though Australia is slow in comparison with Flushing Meadows. Murrays has more power, better serve, more variety and this place looks perfect for his game as it seems harder to hit through your opponent. Two great defenders so should be plenty of tough rallies but Murray is just a superior player on a hard surface. Great tournament for Ferrer though. Couple of fun bets aswell just for interest - have a bit of money left over in Paddy Power so will try these......hoping one will hit for profit. Murray 3-0 vs Ferrer @ 11/8 (Paddy Power: 1pt) Murray 3-1 vs Ferrer @ 5/2 (Paddy Power: 1pt) GL!

i tthink murray would have preferred to play fed over djokovic in the final if murray makes it (one federer is very shaky in long rallies' date=' number 2 big point to prove from last year.) Murray would of preferred to play Soda over Dologopolov only rafa who murray beat here last year would he havent not preferred to play..[/quote'] To be fair I think Murray would have beaten Rafa anyway....was planning a big bet on that one if they met and Murray would have opened as a dog. You're right about Fed though - sometimes he needed to play % shots today and keep the rally going rather than pulling the trigger all the time. Seems like an error is coming as soon as he starts flattening out the backhand. Djoker did well to serve out some tough situations though. Should be a good final to watch, not sure what the odds will be there. They've played surprisingly few matches considering they're 2 top players......4-3 Djokovic h2h.

Re: Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January) Need to make at tough call today - I backed Na Li at 38/1 (£15 staked) at the start of the tournament I layed my £15 stake back before the quarters at around 7's and then layed another £50 at 7/2 before the semis - So currently stand to win a little over £300 if Na Li wins the final and £50 profit if she loses. I can't look on betfair at the moment as no access at work but looking at other betting sites - looks around Na Li will be around 3/1 to lay maybe slightly less - I know its a matter of opinion of if I should let it ride or lay more of to ensure a bit more profit - basically what would other punters/traders do - I am usually pretty good at these types of bets ie picking a half decent outsider to do well in the outrights but would like to know the best way to maximise my profits - thanks in advance for your replies (if any). Joe

Re: Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January) If you look over the last few years Murray does tend to struggle as at this stage in Grand Slams against players he is favoured to beat. Wawrinka, Cilic, Roddick...the question is whether Ferrer's game is big enough to take advantage of Murray's passiveness. Probably not and I hope not for you guys. I'm glad Fed got knocked out. Getting a bit sick of Murray-Fed finals, and there is a renewed freshness to the Murray-Djokovic match up after not playing eachother for a while. Murray looked to have Novak's number during that 08 hardcourt spell but this is Djoko version 2.0 and I would make him heavy favourite against Murray. He's more of a go getter, as proven by his victories over Fed in Grand slams while Murray gets rolled over.

Re: Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January) Hi guys I posted this as a new threa elsewhere but as it's tennis related I wanted to run it by you first if that's ok. I'm looking for a historic tennis odds website that lets me enter specific requirements such as: Name: Pick a player Odds range: where you can set from ie. 1.50-2.00 or whatever ranger you want Surface: filter it by surface So if i use Federer, priced 1.50-2.00 and on Clay Is there a a site that shows me EVERY match regadless of the outcome that in this case Federer played on clay in the past 10 years when Fed-Ex is priced 1.50-2.00? Or any price range that you want to look at. The best i've found is this below: http://www.infobetting.com/tennis/database_tennis.php The site above is useful but does't let you set a price range other than a losing favourite of under 1.60. I used to use Tennis Insight which literally does what i'm after as seen here where you can alter the odds and surface etc... http://www.tennisinsight.com/match_preview_activity.php?player1=411&player2=186&player=1 BUT to use this filter you must be a member :( (which costs quite a lot of money!) does another site exist with historical data or is Tennis Insight the only one? I'm looking for a free one. Any help appreciated. Thanks Gents

CHALLENGER PICKS!!!:cow Sport Tennis Event Renavand - HaiderMaurer Selection Renavand +4 (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 27/01/2011 Bookmaker/Price Nordicbet @ 1.75 Reasoning I see chances in this game for the home player Renavand. Renavand is player who playing only in the French small tournaments, in last weeks of the last year make great result in Orleans Ch and beat TOP150 player Gicquel and TOP100 Robert. Renavand have very strong serve and can holding long time. In first round here don't have any chances for Drieux and won 6-1, 6-2. Haider Maurer off course is favourite here, making better result and have better ranking, but in first round here played against not great Wolmarans(out of TOP250) and won after two TB 7-6, 7-6. Form is not great and I see chances for Nicolas! --- Sport Tennis Event Maas - Przysiezny Selection Maas +9 (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 27/01/2011 Bookmaker/Price Nordicbet @ 1.85 Reasoning In my opinion this line is too high, this is not WTA guys! This is mens tennis and players have power for the serving and can hold 3-4 games in match, really. Przysiezny back from Australia, first match in this season in Challenger Tour, play against no name player and motivation don't must be high and in my opinion not play on 100%. Off course is two class above rival, but I don't see 6-0, 6-0. Maas have court practise because must play first round here, played against Japan player Takahashi and won without any problems in two sets, concended only 2 games! --- Sport Tennis Event Sibilla - Sadecky Selection Sibilla +8.5 (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 27/01/2011 Bookmaker/Price Nordicbet @ 1.85 Reasoning Next game with too high line in my opinion, Sadecky is not great player, I'dont understand bookies here. Sibilla is old, really experience player, propably one of the last tournament for this man in career. This is home player and motivation must be on the highest level. In first round not be favourite against Vadel, but take win in three sets. Sadecky don't feel the best at the hard courts, this is claycouter. In first round make small suprise and beat Millot, but this is not Sadecky win - this is Millot lost, in supporters opinion make 1000 unforced errors. --- Sport Tennis Event Bachinger - Bogomolov Selection Bachinger Strength 10/10 Date 27/01/2011 Bookmaker/Price 5Dimes @ 1.90 Reasoning I see more chances in this game for Bachinger, odds are on the good level, I go with Bach! Bachinger is home player and have supporters! In my opinion feel big motivation and want show the best skills for all. In first round Bachinger been underdog against other Germany player, seed nr 9 Gremelmayr and.. destroy this guy in two fast sets 6-1, 6-0! Hot form. Bogomolov always playing only in USA, don't feel great in Europe - many losts in a row, but in first round here won - beat Korolev in two sets. One problem - Korolev in last months is totally out of form. --- Sport Tennis Event Janowicz - Berrer Selection Over 22.5 Strength 10/10 Date 27/01/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 2.00 Reasoning I see more than 22 games in this game, long, propably three setter match in my opinion. Both players are big serves, both can holding serve long time, perfect guys to play Over. Janowicz in first round played against other very good Challanger players Igor Sijsling, but won in two sets and show incredible stuff at the serve - 12 aces and don't give any chance to break for the rival. Berrer off course is favourite here, play at home, defending many points, but I see hard match for this guy. In first match beat Mertens in two sets and like Janowicz don't give any chance for the break. --- Sport Tennis Event Ryderstedt - Huta Galung Selection Ryderstedt +3.5 (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 27/01/2011 Bookmaker/Price Nordicbet @ 1.90 Reasoning I see more chances for the Michael in this game than bookies, in my opinion this line is too high - can beat Huta Galung! Ryderstedt is typicall big server, really hard to break on this level. Have court practise and look confident. Won three Q matches and in first round in two sets beat experience Schuetller. Don't concended a single serve game. Yes, Huta Galung is good player, but I see hard match for this player today. Huta Galung don't have great return and basing on the strong first serve. 3 setter!
I like your bets.. I am thinking of a double bet in Heilbronn with american/swedish pair Brian Battistone/Andreas Siljestrom because they beat a better pair in the last match compared to their opponents Moser/Skoch. I rate the american/swedish pair higher here. Brian Battistone & Andreas Siljestrom v Frank Moser & David Skoch Battistone/Siljestrom 1.83 b365 Battistone is the guy with the double-handed raquet.

Re: Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January) I think that Murray is not on the same level as Đoković, and last match Murray was struggled with Dolgopolov.If Đoković continues playing like today he will win.It could be 3-1 for Đoković.:hope:hope:hope

Re: Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January) Challenger Honolulu Alex Kuznetsov v Philip Bester Philip Bester @ 2.20 I've seen Bester before even if his ranking is bad but it's equal to his opponents ranking and he overcame Grega Zemlja 7:5 6:1 so it looks like Bester to win. Kuznetsov took out his first round opponent Mcclune in two tie-breaks. Value is on Bester. Roman Borvanov v Robert Kendrick Under 19.5 @ 1.83 Easy one for hard serving Kendrick here. The unknown Borvanov stands no chance and it's obvious how it's gonna end. Ryler Deheart v Ryan Harrison Ryan Harrison 2-0 @ 1.90 Harrisson is gaining experience to become a solid top 100 player. Deheart managed to acctually overcome an inactive 21 year old player from france named JEREMY TWEEDT. This Tweedt is inactive according to ATP player search. Tweedt has no records of any matches played in futures, challengers or ofcourse ATP world tour. I don't know how you can acctually have trouble breaking down an inactive player who never have played any pro matches anywhere in his life. Ryler Deheart v Jeremy Tweedt 6:3 7:5 http://www.utsports.com/sports/m-tennis/mtt/tweedt_jeremy00.html From the biography: In 2005 (Tweedt) won the adult tournament at his club in Montrouge by defeating a player with ATP points. Wow he defeated a player with ATP points. Huge success then. We don't get to know that players ranking though.

Re: Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January) Challenger Réunion Florent Serra v Daniele Giorgini Under 20.5 games 1.90 b365 edit: Line just changed to 19.5 Giorgini typical claycourter. Will stand no chance vs Serra. I think Serra has been ok so far losing to Isner in AO in three tight sets and Baghdatis in Brisbane 2-1. New bet should anyway be under 19.5 2.00 Even if line went down one game I still see no problems for Serra to win and match go under 20 games.

Re: Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January) Oh my goodness I hate myself sometime. Just had some in play 'fun' in the Kamke challenger match. Watched the first few games and thought he would cruise it so took the unders. He eventually lost that set 6-4 to which I chased the losses by taking a +1.5 handicap on his opponent. Kamke took the third set 6-3 so was all down to the final set. Thankfully his Serbian opponent just took it getting me off the hook. Forgot why in play betting is so risky, especially with the challengers. Sometimes I really am a complete nob, luckily got away with it.

Oh my goodness I hate myself sometime. Just had some in play 'fun' in the Kamke challenger match. Watched the first few games and thought he would cruise it so took the unders. He eventually lost that set 6-4 to which I chased the losses by taking a +1.5 handicap on his opponent. Kamke took the third set 6-3 so was all down to the final set. Thankfully his Serbian opponent just took it getting me off the hook. Forgot why in play betting is so risky' date=' especially with the challengers. Sometimes I really am a complete nob, luckily got away with it.[/quote'] No it's not risky but any match can be risky not just challengers. You picked a very risky match to. Bozoljac is no mug you know. He's one of those uprising croatians/serbians so it was risky match you picked. I don't consider a match like Harrison vs DeHeart would be as risky if I place a bet in-play on Harrison since he will win easily. Nothing to be as worried about as in a match between Kamke/Bozoljac

No it's not risky but any match can be risky not just challengers. You picked a very risky match to. Bozoljac is no mug you know. He's one of those uprising croatians/serbians so it was risky match you picked. I don't consider a match like Harrison vs DeHeart would be as risky if I place a bet in-play on Harrison since he will win easily. Nothing to be as worried about as in a match between Kamke/Bozoljac
Yeah I know. Bozolijac was all about his serve though, without his first serve he struggled. When I'm bored though I like to watch some challanger events too see some players I've never watched before. Was stupidity on my part for the bets.

Yeah I know. Bozolijac was all about his serve though' date=' without his first serve he struggled. When I'm bored though I like to watch some challanger events too see some players I've never watched before. Was stupidity on my part for the bets.[/quote'] Come on you've seen Kamke and Bozoljac before. At least on the scoreboards from last season. Both are frequently seen players on challenger tour and sometimes they play ATP events. Kamke was newcomer of the year so he sure will be seen in Zagreb or other hardcourt tournaments.

Re: Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January) Sport Tennis Event Murray v Ferrer Selection Lay Ferrer (Lay) Strength 10/10 Date 28/01/2011 Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 4.03 Reasoning Don't see much problems for Murray here. He has more experience in semi finals of slams and is all round superior hard court player. Ferrer has had on excellent run, but let's face it big help with injury to Nadal. Don't think he has enough to hurt Murray and Murray should be able to control play. Murray should see this as an incredible opportunity, especially with Djokovic, and not Federer, awaiting in the final. Sport Tennis Event Dulko/Pennetta v Azarenka/Kirilenko Selection Dulko/Pennetta Strength 10/10 Date 28/01/2011 Bookmaker/Price Skybet @ 1.72 Reasoning Going with the superior team here. Dulko/Pennetta have been the best team in womens doubles for a while, and should take this final. They have an excellent style of play and use all court skills. Azarenka/Kirilenko are in a similar mould, but I think just not quite so good. I see Azarenka being the weak link in the match, her net play sometimes isn't up to scratch. Solid price I think.

Sport Tennis Event Dulko/Pennetta v Azarenka/Kirilenko Selection Dulko/Pennetta Strength 10/10 Date 28/01/2011 Bookmaker/Price Skybet @ 1.72 Reasoning Going with the superior team here. Dulko/Pennetta have been the best team in womens doubles for a while, and should take this final. They have an excellent style of play and use all court skills. Azarenka/Kirilenko are in a similar mould, but I think just not quite so good. I see Azarenka being the weak link in the match, her net play sometimes isn't up to scratch. Solid price I think. Sport Tennis Event Dulko/Pennetta v Azarenka/Kirilenko Selection Dulko/Pennetta Strength 10/10 Date 28/01/2011 Bookmaker/Price Skybet @ 1.72 Reasoning Going with the superior team here. Dulko/Pennetta have been the best team in womens doubles for a while, and should take this final. They have an excellent style of play and use all court skills. Azarenka/Kirilenko are in a similar mould, but I think just not quite so good. I see Azarenka being the weak link in the match, her net play sometimes isn't up to scratch. Solid price I think.
You know you don't have to write the same thing twice. That bet365 have 1.61 on Dulko/Pennetta puts me off.

Re: Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January) Challenger Singapore Flavio Cipolla v Dmitry Tursunov Tursunov 2-0 2.37 b365 No idea why Tursunov is so high. He should be a bigger favourite but is not. Tursunov should easily win the Singapore challenger to earn some easy ranking points. Can't see any reason for Tursunov not to win in straight sets vs Cipolla. Tatsuma Ito v Go Soeda Ito 2-1 4.50 b365 I could be wrong here. Very hard to predict these two players in a matchup. Soeda leads h2h 3-1 but Ito won the last time in Toyata challenger semi last season. Ito is 22 years old and Soeda 26. Ito is getting better all the time and I think I will go for my feeling and take Ito in this one. They have never played 3 sets between them so this would be the first. Tricky bet this one but a small stake in double with Tursunov 2-0.