** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January)

Re: Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January) Chaps appreciate your challenger tips....if b365 will acceot my account I hope to get involved with the Singapore tournament.. and for what it's worth I think Vika and Kirilenko will win the doubles in 20mins at evens

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January)

Chaps appreciate your challenger tips....if b365 will acceot my account I hope to get involved with the Singapore tournament.. and for what it's worth I think Vika and Kirilenko will win the doubles in 20mins at evens
You crazy? Price have been droping all over on Dulko/Pennetta and in-play you would get far over evens now. Why you think Azarenka/Kirilenko wins?

Sport Tennis
Event Andy Murray vs. David Ferrer
Selection Murray (-7.5) GH (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 28/01/2011
Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 2.88
Reasoning Well, the secnd sem-final here and I think that the bookies overrate a litter bit too much David Ferrer's victory against Rafa Nadal. Ferrer has played some great tennis against Rafa, no doubts but despite this hing it was still all about Rafa's not at the level tennis. David Ferrer is a great clay-courter bt on hard he is not the same player and that can be seen very visible in his game. Playing against Andy Murray should be a so difficult task for Ferrer as he should be in much more trouble on his serve than Murray on his serve. Ferrer is one of the most easy players to break as he do not possess a strong serve and even forehand, no doubts that he has imprved recently these qiualities but still it is clear that he has these disadvantages in his play. Andy Murray is the player special for hard courts, this is his most faourite surface together with the grass, he can't play at the same level on clay as Ferrer can't too. On clay I would rate Ferrer as a favourite against Murray, but not on hard. All in all, Murray should be clear in all control in this game, Ferrer's victory against Rafa makes him a litter bit overrated but that will have nothing to do with today's game. Good Luck!

Sport Tennis
Event Andy Murray vs. The Field
Selection Murray to win AO (Each-way)
Strength 10/10
Date 30/01/2011
Bookmaker/Price Unibet @ 2.62
Reasoning Well, Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer couldn't stand in this competition and here we are having other great young players playing the semi-finals here at Australian Open. novak Djokovic is already in the final while the second semi-final between Murray and Ferrer will decide the second finalist. Speaking about this semi-final I will say that there shouldn't be too many problems for Andy Murray as he is purely the better hard-courter. the bookies offer these nice odds on a probable Murray's victory of the title here despite he won't have a very difficult semi-final. Andy Murray still never has won a Grand Slam, so his motivation obviously should be at high level, also I would like to mentionate that AO is the first Grand Slam of the season and Andy is more fresh than could be happen to be at US Open for example. Murray is a great defender and the surface from here is perfect for his style, Novak Djokovic always had very tough games against him since Andy's meaningful improvement. Of course that a possible final against Djokovic doesn't mean already the title but I see some great value in these odds as Andy's today's job shouldn't be difficult at all. Good Luck!

Sport Tennis
Event Andy Murray vs. The Field
Selection Murray to win AO (Each-way)
Strength 10/10
Date 30/01/2011
Bookmaker/Price Unibet @ 2.62
Reasoning Well, Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer couldn't stand in this competition and here we are having other great young players playing the semi-finals here at Australian Open. novak Djokovic is already in the final while the second semi-final between Murray and Ferrer will decide the second finalist. Speaking about this semi-final I will say that there shouldn't be too many problems for Andy Murray as he is purely the better hard-courter. the bookies offer these nice odds on a probable Murray's victory of the title here despite he won't have a very difficult semi-final. Andy Murray still never has won a Grand Slam, so his motivation obviously should be at high level, also I would like to mentionate that AO is the first Grand Slam of the season and Andy is more fresh than could be happen to be at US Open for example. Murray is a great defender and the surface from here is perfect for his style, Novak Djokovic always had very tough games against him since Andy's meaningful improvement. Of course that a possible final against Djokovic doesn't mean already the title but I see some great value in these odds as Andy's today's job shouldn't be difficult at all. Good Luck!
I don't like your write-ups since it looks like some guy without brain has written it and I would'nt be surprised if Murray loses another final. You say " a possible final against Djokovic". You are funny. I mean what would be possible if not a final against Djokovic? If you think he will beat Ferrer I think Djokovic is waiting for him in the final since he already is qualified for this grand slam final. Does'nt surprise me if Murray even lose to Ferrer.

I don't like your write-ups since it looks like some guy without brain has written it and I would'nt be surprised if Murray loses another final. You say " a possible final against Djokovic". You are funny. I mean what would be possible if not a final against Djokovic? If you think he will beat Ferrer I think Djokovic is waiting for him in the final since he already is qualified for this grand slam final. Does'nt surprise me if Murray even lose to Ferrer.
The guys first language is obviously not English. "some guy without a brain has written it", I find this remark somewhat offesive towards a person who has spent sometime putting "their" point across. If you dont like it, ignore it.

Re: Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January) I am so glad I have avoided this match (regardless of the result) betting-wise. Hopefully it comes in for you guys, although I am a fan of Ferrer and hate Murray (a LOT). If Murray drops this match, what will the odds be? Will Murray win a Grand Slam? Yes 250/1 :tongue2

Re: Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January) What does everyone think about the Bryan's vs. the Indian Express? Bhupathi & Paes (or at least the press) seems to be pushing the angle that they're going all out to win the one major they've never been able to win.....but they're not as young as they used to be either. All told the 2.75 odds on them seem pretty reasonable.... Thanks for any input you can provide, appreciate everyone's insight to date as well!

What does everyone think about the Bryan's vs. the Indian Express? Bhupathi & Paes (or at least the press) seems to be pushing the angle that they're going all out to win the one major they've never been able to win.....but they're not as young as they used to be either. All told the 2.75 odds on them seem pretty reasonable.... Thanks for any input you can provide, appreciate everyone's insight to date as well!
2.75 pretty poor odds, over 3 available and certainly has to be considered. Of course the Bryans should win it, but its sport B/P will do their best to get that one trophy that is still missing in their cabinet, and @ 3+? Yes, at least they will try hard.

murray actually showed a shit load of fight in this 3rd set, really hats of to you andy haha howd you know gooner :P :hope handicap looking lots better now:D
Because every grand slam you are urging Murray on to win..........:clap He is playing alot better now and will have to in the final aswell if he gets there. Hopefully Murray doesnt have his usual dip now.

What do you think the odds will be in the final if Murray gets there? Djokovic 1.8 maybe. 1.70 perhaps.
I'd have Djokovic around the 1.70 mark, which would be too short for me to back. Murray around the 2.25 mark. I still think Djokovic will win on current form but Murray would probably raise his game. Anyway, he isn't there yet, and the handicap is looking ropey again.

And right on cue, Murray is having his usual dip. Absolutely no chance of beating Djoko IMO.
Imho djoko has been absolutely superb in this tournament, however i think he will struggle majorally in the final, it is expected to be 40 degrees here in melbourne on sunday, and 39 on monday (so will stay very humid over night probably around 31-32 at midnight) novak will really not enjoy that one bit..

Re: Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January) Yeah, Djoko will probably be unbackable. It's all mental with Murray, so if he looks unconvincing here, which he kind of is, then no one will give him chance and that's when he'll relax and get under Djoko's skin with his patience and persistence. We know he's got the game, unlike the likes of Ferrer.

Imho djoko has been absolutely superb in this tournament' date=' however i think he will struggle majorally in the final, it is expected to be 40 degrees here in melbourne on sunday, and 39 on monday (so will stay very humid over night probably around 31-32 at midnight) novak will really not enjoy that one bit..[/quote'] I don't think that will affect Djoko too much, because I've never been blown away by Murray's much feted physical fitness in grand slams anyway. Too often he looks physically shot himself at the end of majors. I would agree if Djoko was playing someone like Nadal. Djoko has also had an undemanding route to the final as well, and will have had an extra day's rest than either Murray or Ferrer.

2.75 pretty poor odds' date=' over 3 available and certainly has to be considered. Of course the Bryans should win it, but its sport B/P will do their best to get that one trophy that is still missing in their cabinet, and @ 3+? Yes, at least they will try hard.[/quote'] Thanks Tulenos, I can't get anything above the 2.75. Maybe I'll try a small parlay with them and some other selections. Appreciate the feedback!