Tennis - 9-15 August

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August

- Gael Monfils at 1.73 with Stan James (6/10) - VOID - Alexandr Dolgopolov at 2.16 with Pinnacle (3/10) - WIN - David Ferrer at 2.20 with Boylesports (2/10) - LOSS - Double of Marin Cilic x Janko Tipsarevic at 1.92 with Boylesports (4/10) - LOSS - Frank Dancevic +4.5 games AH at 1.803 with Pinnacle (4/10) -LOSS - Jeremy Chardy +3 games AH at 1.909 with Pinnacle (4/10) - WIN - Santiago Giraldo at 1.87 with Pinnacle (3/10) - LOSS - Roger Federer -5 games AH at 1.901 with Pinnacle (3/10) - LOSS - Sergiy Stakhovsky +4.5 games AH at 1.885 with Pinnacle (3/10) - LOSS
Really poor selections here so apologies to anyone that followed. Tried to play God too much. Will need to be a bit more selective today.

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August I'm waiting for the handicaps to come out on certain players and the game lines. One bet so far... Toronto: Viktor Troicki vs Philipp Kohlschreiber - Viktor Troicki at 1.92 with Betdaq (3.5pts) I was impressed yesterday by Troicki. Some people are making excuses, rightly or wrongly, for Cilic, but in the end Troicki still had to go out and beat a guy who had beaten him five times previously. The Serb didn't lose his serve once in the match and came through a couple of clutch moments. If he stays solid on his serve again then I feel he will have too much for Kohlschreiber. The German profited from Tipsarevic's retirement yesterday so he'll had little time on the court - this is his first stint on the hard since the early parts of last year. I still have reservations about Kohlschreiber's serve - he throws in too many errors and dishes up too many break points - and the timing of his backhand has been wayward. Whether that improves today remains to be seen but in their only meeting on a hard court, Troicki was leading before the German retired. Kohlschreiber did win on clay against him, but that's his best surface and Troicki's weakest. Consistency on serve could be the key to this match and I fancy the Serb to be a little bit stronger and kick on from his good win over Cilic.

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August Hi guys, One more pick for the Cincinnati WTA: DEMENTIEVA TO D PAVLYUCHENKOVA @ 1.71 on betfair Dementieva is just coming back from injury having retired in semifinals of the French Open but last week at Stanford she was already in a good form and actually was unlucky to lose to Sharapova. Pavlyuchenkova is a very talented young player but she will probably make a lot of errors playing somebody like Dementieva who can run down every ball. The head to head is 2:0 to Dementieva with two easy wins to her credit.

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August And another... Toronto: Kevin Anderson vs Sam Querrey - Over 22.5 games at 1.75 with unibet (5pts) I'm surprised to see this line set at 22.5 games - this looked a certain 23.5 game line for me. These guys have met three times on a hard court and although Querrey has won every meeting, every match has gone into three sets, thus covering the line. I actually think Anderson has a squeak here in terms of winning the match, as he's playing the best tennis of his career at present, but both men serve out of a tree and don't concede many break points. Anderson wasn't broken at all against Mayer on Monday while Querrey was only broken once last night. Can forsee at least one breaker here and whatever the outcome, I expect this to be a close match. Line looks too low for me. :hope

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August Benneteau vs Djokovic OVER 19.5 games @ 2.00 (Bet365:5/10) Chance to oppose Djokovic here, hasn't played since Davis Cup bar a doubles match here which he lost with Nadal.Cashed in on Benny in round 1 against Istomin, I don't expect him to win today but if he gets some rhythm on serve he could hang in there. Plus with Djokovic's serve he might get some chances to break himself. Of course Novak is a superior player but I still find it tough to see him winning without troubles here. Nadal vs Wawrinka OVER 19.5 games @ 2.0 (Bet365:4/10) Another chance to oppose player without much games. Nadal played doubles with Djokovic here but thats it since he won Wimbledon. He kills Wawrinka h2h but Stan is still a dangerous player and despite a little slump recently, took care of Dancevic with ease.He's prone to some errors with his style but if he serves OK and his backhand stands up to the test, I think he can cover this. Querrey vs Anderson OVER 22.5 games @ 1.833 (Skybet:6/10) 3 of their 4 matches have ended over this line, so why not take it to happen again. Querrey leads H2H and is basically a better version of Anderson, more consistent serve and better groundstrokes. Querrey didn't serve great against Russell until later in the match, while Anderson has been fairly comfortable on serve through qualifiers and against Mayer in rd 1. Good chance for overs here. GL!

thinking robredo to win a set at 1.9 / 2 ' date=' nalbandian has really played a lot for the last days, if no mistake 7 games in 8 days, however i didnt see him play yesterday so???? opinions? thanks[/quote'] I'm thinking of taking Robredo on +4.5 games. Nalbys run can't last for too long, Robredo looked ok the other day but Soderling was poorer than Robredo was good. But fatigue will come into factor sooner rather than later so I think it will be tight even if Nalby wins.

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August Gael Monfils (FRA) – Thiemo de Bakker (NED) 11.08.2010 Tip : Thiemo de Bakker (NED) Odds : 2.37 Sttake: 5/10 @bet365 H2H 1-1 De Bakker plays solid Tennis over the past weeks, his serve worked very well. On the other side Monfils didnt really impressed, his last Match ag. Dev Varman wasn't quite a Monfils show, he was lucky enough to win this one. So Value clearly on De Bakker's side! ----------- Visit my Tennis-Blog http://bens-tennistrading.blogspot.com/

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August A few more with the handicaps out...ended up taking seven bets in total! Fingers crossed for a better day. Toronto: David Nalbandian vs Tommy Robredo - David Nalbandian -4 games AH at 1.862 with Pinnacle (5pts) I expected the wheels to come off for Nalbandian yesterday but he showed immense strength to battle past Ferrer. I think he's riding a crest of a wave here and playing on adrenalin. Normally I'd look to oppose him considering what's happened to him recently but I think he's got another win in him - and that's partly down to his opponent. Nalbandian is a bad match-up for Robredo. He leads the H2H 5-2 and has won every match on hard, matching or covering the handicap in the process. Robredo has only ever won on clay and has been on the end of a few skelpings. Their most recent meeting was this year in Monte Carlo on Robredo's best surface, clay, and Nalbandian won 6-3 6-4. He's got the weapons to punish Robredo's loose groundies and even though the Spaniard took care of Nieminen, I still think he's a little fragile at the moment - if Nalbandian steals a march, I can't see Robredo coming back. Toronto: Nikolay Davydenko vs Fabio Fognini - Nikolay Davydenko -4.5 games AH at 1.98 with Pinnacle (4pts) This bet is as much against Fognini on a hard court as it is for Davydenko. I don't rate the Italian at all on this surface when up against a decent player. He's a clay courter. Struggles to move, struggles on serve and doesn't have enough ammo to hurt a Top 10 player on hard. He beat Stepanek easily yesterday but the Czech is a mess right now. Davydenko is happiest on this surface and needs the points to make a charge for London. Struggled on the grass and clay this year as he looks to find some form after injury but has generally been blitzing his first matches in tournaments - Serra and Robert were smashed in Umag and Stuttgart. He's got all weapons to take Fognini apart on a quicker court and as a good returner will get a good read on the Italian's serve. H2H is 1-1 with both matches taking place on clay - Davydenko covered this handicap in his win and I'd expect him to do the same here. Toronto: Aleksandr Dolgopolov vs Mikhail Youzhny - Under 21.5 games at 1.98 with Pinnacle (3.5pts) I don't think Dolgopolov is ready to beat player like Youzhny on a hard court. He showed plenty of guts to take out Petzschner yesterday but Youzhny is a completely different proposition. He was extremely good against Simon, displaying a delightful array of shots, and his backhand is like a wand. I don't think Dolgopolov will be able to cope with it. The Ukrainian still makes too many errors, especially on serve, and a player like Youzhny will punish that. I still think Dolgopolov will do his best work on a clay court, where his spin will be more effective. He chanced his hand a bit yesterday but I can see Youzhny taking care of him in relatively straightforward fashion here. I wanted -4 game line but it's too short at 1.746, so I'll chance the unders believing the Russian will do this pretty quickly. Toronto: Nicolas Almagro vs Michael Llodra - Michael Llodra +2.5 games AH at 2.07 with Pinnacle (3pts) I hummed and hawed over this one but in the end I think this is a logical bet. Almagro's had a great year but I don't rate him that highly when he's off the clay. He's never done particularly well on the American hard court circuit at the tail end of the year and he's up against a tricky customer in Llodra. You know what you get with Llodra - big serves, attacks to net and I'm not sure Almagro will like that style of tennis. He likes to spar from the baseline and won't get any rhythm with the short points. Llodra took care of Giraldo yesterday and played some good stuff. I don't expect him to make serious inroads on the Almagro serve but he'll be very tough to break. He's also beaten the Spaniard in their only meeting on his favoured clay a couple of years ago. I can see him being the kind of player that gets under Almagro's skin and definitely worth a play on that handicap. Toronto: Thiemo de Bakker vs Gael Monfils - Thiemo de Bakker +2 games AH at 2.00 with Pinnacle (3pts) Quite an intriguing match this. Monfils beat de Bakker pretty comfortably earlier in the year in Rotterdam but the year before, de Bakker beat him in a Davis Cup tie. Both results were on a hard court. I feel de Bakker has come on leaps and bounds since then. The Dutchman has a good serve and is solid from the baseline. Played very well against Lopez in R1 - didn't face a break point and did well in the moments when it mattered. I think he's got the game to frustrate Monfils. The Frenchman beat Devvarman yesterday but was still going for reckless shots and got frustrated when the points weren't over quickly. De Bakker's going to get a lot of cheapies with his serve and that'll get to Monfils. Either way, I expect it to be a close match - de Bakker has proven in the past he can beat Top 20 players - and I see him with a good chance of taking this. Willing to put smaller stakes on the handicap. :hope

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August Mikhail Youzhny @ 1.25 Nikolay Davydenko @ 1.25 Novak Djokovic @ 1.11 Andy Murray @ 1.17 Sam Querrey @ 1.44 Fernando Verdasco @ 1.44 Flavia Pennetta @ 1.14 Caroline Wozniacki @ 1.14 Shahar Peer @ 1.17 Maria Sharapova @ 1.17 accu...:hope:hope:hope

"He leads the H2H 5-2 and has won every match on hard, matching or covering the handicap in the process. " Atko where do u get stats for covering previous handicaps?
I'm talking about the -4 game handicap mate, as that's the one that's been set today. No idea what the handicaps would have been when they played previously - not sure there is a site with that info, although it'd be great if there was. For my previous meetings info I use the ATP website.

I'm talking about the -4 game handicap mate, as that's the one that's been set today. No idea what the handicaps would have been when they played previously - not sure there is a site with that info, although it'd be great if there was. For my previous meetings info I use the ATP website.
haha yea a site like that would be fantastic. keep up the great work mate :ok

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August Back from holiday and good to see everyone making some dough, with the exception of yesterday perhaps. Just going to have a look at the matches now and see whats about. Early one that I'm drawn to is Murray-Malisse under 20.5 games perhaps.

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August Nalbandian(bt Robredo) x Wickmayer(bt Dulko) Double @ 1.704 (Pinnacle:4/10) Nalbandian may tire out at some point this week, but hard to see Robredo beating him. Nalbandian looked a little sloppy yesterday but Ferrer is not the easiest opponent to play against - I just don't see Robredo having the necessary tools to be Nalby here. Dulko was hugely overpriced against the inconsistent Safarova yesterday, did the business but Wickmayer is better on hard surface I'd say.Cruised past Greta Arn in2 yesterday and has the power to hurt Dulko here. Bit of a ball-basher at times but still worthy favourite. GL!

Benneteau vs Djokovic OVER 19.5 games @ 2.00 (Bet365:5/10) Chance to oppose Djokovic here, hasn't played since Davis Cup bar a doubles match here which he lost with Nadal.Cashed in on Benny in round 1 against Istomin, I don't expect him to win today but if he gets some rhythm on serve he could hang in there. Plus with Djokovic's serve he might get some chances to break himself. Of course Novak is a superior player but I still find it tough to see him winning without troubles here. Nadal vs Wawrinka OVER 19.5 games @ 2.0 (Bet365:5/10) Another chance to oppose player without much games. Nadal played doubles with Djokovic here but thats it since he won Wimbledon. He kills Wawrinka h2h but Stan is still a dangerous player and despite a little slump recently, took care of Dancevic with ease.He's prone to some errors with his style but if he serves OK and his backhand stands up to the test, I think he can cover this. Querrey vs Anderson OVER 22.5 games @ 1.833 (Skybet:6/10) 3 of their 4 matches have ended over this line, so why not take it to happen again. Querrey leads H2H and is basically a better version of Anderson, more consistent serve and better groundstrokes. Querrey didn't serve great against Russell until later in the match, while Anderson has been fairly comfortable on serve through qualifiers and against Mayer in rd 1. Good chance for overs here. GL!
I'm gonna follow you on Djoka vs Bennetau and Querrey v Anderson matches. :ok

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August Nalbandian Robredo (2-0 sets) 1.73 at Stanjames (7/10) Nalbandian is way better player than Robredo and there is no doubt about it. He is also in magnificent shape and when he is playing good he is a top 5 player for me. Some might say he could be tired but he has posted in twitter that he is ok and wants to keep winning matches. On the other hand i never was a Robredo fan, i do not like his tennis and he is definately not in good shape at all. He is only a respetable clay player and that´s it. I predict here a 2 sets win for david. Don´t go for the handicap cause IMO i see it harder. If nalby keeps playing as he has done in the last matches i see a sure win here. :hope

I'm waiting for the handicaps to come out on certain players and the game lines. One bet so far... Toronto: Viktor Troicki vs Philipp Kohlschreiber - Viktor Troicki at 1.92 with Betdaq (3.5pts) I was impressed yesterday by Troicki. Some people are making excuses, rightly or wrongly, for Cilic, but in the end Troicki still had to go out and beat a guy who had beaten him five times previously. The Serb didn't lose his serve once in the match and came through a couple of clutch moments. If he stays solid on his serve again then I feel he will have too much for Kohlschreiber. The German profited from Tipsarevic's retirement yesterday so he'll had little time on the court - this is his first stint on the hard since the early parts of last year. I still have reservations about Kohlschreiber's serve - he throws in too many errors and dishes up too many break points - and the timing of his backhand has been wayward. Whether that improves today remains to be seen but in their only meeting on a hard court, Troicki was leading before the German retired. Kohlschreiber did win on clay against him, but that's his best surface and Troicki's weakest. Consistency on serve could be the key to this match and I fancy the Serb to be a little bit stronger and kick on from his good win over Cilic.
will follow here. Would go otherwise in clay but here Troicky is clear favourite IMO and more after beating Cilic

Back from holiday and good to see everyone making some dough' date=' with the exception of yesterday perhaps. Just going to have a look at the matches now and see whats about. Early one that I'm drawn to is Murray-Malisse under 20.5 games perhaps.[/quote'] You kidding? Chardy made my day yesterday!!

Back from holiday and good to see everyone making some dough' date=' with the exception of yesterday perhaps. Just going to have a look at the matches now and see whats about. Early one that I'm drawn to is Murray-Malisse under 20.5 games perhaps.[/quote'] I really wanted to back Murray to cover the -4.5 game handicap and the unders but I can't. He's just not trustworthy enough at this moment in time. He still gets broken too easily and recently has been even returning poorly. The frustrating thing is that he's by far and away the better player. Malisse has been doing well picking off what I call "low hanging fruit" but he's fallen short against better players, with the exception of Berdych. If Murray was even slightly better form I'd bite but I'd be going against my betting principles if I was to do so.

You kidding? Chardy made my day yesterday!!
Haha well saw that some struggled but obviously not you ;). So far followed a couple of people and taken handicaps of +2.5 on De Bakker and -1.5 on Troicki after reading previews and such. Just having a proper look at the Youz match now.