** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - 9-15 August

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August Robredo to beat Nieminen, 4/5 Quite confident of this one, H2H largely in Robredo's favour, ok yeh he's not done well this season but Nieminen is quite poor as a player, he has played the last 2 days including a marathon 3 setter with Matthieu yesterday. I expect Nieminen to be tired and Robredo to break him in the 1st set and with in 2 sets.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August

Robredo to beat Nieminen, 4/5 Quite confident of this one, H2H largely in Robredo's favour, ok yeh he's not done well this season but Nieminen is quite poor as a player, he has played the last 2 days including a marathon 3 setter with Matthieu yesterday. I expect Nieminen to be tired and Robredo to break him in the 1st set and with in 2 sets.
Nieminen is quite poor? Why do you say that?

I watched him at Wimbledon against Luscak (sp?) he took the 1st set and went on to lose 3-1. But after losing the 2nd set his whole body language just disappeared like he had failure written all over him. If he loses the 1st set i'd say it's over in 2. I think the 1st set will go to a tie break, Robredo needs to fight back and I think that will start today. Surprise surprise Gasquet losing...

I watched him at Wimbledon against Luscak (sp?) he took the 1st set and went on to lose 3-1. But after losing the 2nd set his whole body language just disappeared like he had failure written all over him. If he loses the 1st set i'd say it's over in 2. I think the 1st set will go to a tie break, Robredo needs to fight back and I think that will start today. Surprise surprise Gasquet losing...
Mate, Robredo played Luczak at SW19 and lost 3-1 after taking the first set. I remember it as I tipped up Luczak at big odds. Nieminen got to R2, losing to Murray in front of the Queen. Robredo may well beat Nieminen - although I'm backing the Finn - but pretty sure it's Robredo you saw play Luczak.

Atko don't listen to him. If he says Nieminen is poor he probably did miss that Nieminen beat Djokovic in Sydney semi last season before Aussie open and he probably have missed that Nieminen is the player in-form here and hardcourt is not Robredos surface and this is a good opportunity for a win. If I analyze this I see Nieminen as the clear favourite. Robredo has 4-1 h2h but those four wins came on clay and the loss on hardcourt where Nieminen won easily 2-0 and I see the same result here. 2-0 Jarkko Nieminen 3.20 @ Centrebet Next bet is Sam Querrey vs Michael Russell over 21.5 games 1.92 @ 24hpoker.com/sportsbetting This could go under to but I just feel it could be tight so not a safe bet. Ernest Gulbis vs Thomaz Bellucci Gulbis still is a bit rusty and momentum is with Bellucci who should take a win 2-1 5.00 @ bet365. Youhzny 2-1 4.50 @ 24hpoker.com/sportsbetting against Simon

How long have u been betting on tennis? Are u surprised about Stakhovsky who have won 3 titles in his career all of them coming on faster surface hardcourt and grass? Gasquet are a claycourter if u did'nt know.

Atko don't listen to him. If he says Nieminen is poor he probably did miss that Nieminen beat Djokovic in Sydney semi last season before Aussie open and he probably have missed that Nieminen is the player in-form here and hardcourt is not Robredos surface and this is a good opportunity for a win. If I analyze this I see Nieminen as the clear favourite. Robredo has 4-1 h2h but those four wins came on clay and the loss on hardcourt where Nieminen won easily 2-0 and I see the same result here. 2-0 Jarkko Nieminen 3.20 @ Centrebet Next bet is Sam Querrey vs Michael Russell over 21.5 games 1.92 @ 24hpoker.com/sportsbetting This could go under to but I just feel it could be tight so not a safe bet. Ernest Gulbis vs Thomaz Bellucci Gulbis still is a bit rusty and momentum is with Bellucci who should take a win 2-1 5.00 @ bet365. Youhzny 2-1 4.50 @ 24hpoker.com/sportsbetting against Simon
Well Robredo has an early break but can see him being broken back. Not having a go at your selection Aarun as it may well come up but to say Nieminen is a poor player isn't correct, certainly on the evidence you produced. Anyway, we'll see what happens here. At least one of us will be a winner :ok

Mate' date=' [u']Robredo played Luczak at SW19 and lost 3-1 after taking the first set. I remember it as I tipped up Luczak at big odds. Nieminen got to R2, losing to Murray in front of the Queen. Robredo may well beat Nieminen - although I'm backing the Finn - but pretty sure it's Robredo you saw play Luczak.
You're correct, my apologies. I have gone for the wrong guy... :eyes I should up my research tbh instead of doing it last minute.

How long have u been betting on tennis? Are u surprised about Stakhovsky who have won 3 titles in his career all of them coming on faster surface hardcourt and grass? Gasquet are a claycourter if u did'nt know.
My surprise surprise remark at Gasquet was sarcasm. Gasquet is one of the biggest chokers in tennis and wasn't really a surprise. I wouldn't have bet on the game in the 1st place it was a simpl 'no bet' as you don't know what Gasquet would turn up, a player with once great talent a few years ago and now... Plus I have all French players on my blacklist so if I ever bet while they play I'll oppose. :ok

You're correct' date=' my apologies. I have gone for the wrong guy... :eyes I should up my research tbh instead of doing it last minute.[/quote'] You never know, you might get lucky on this one :tongue2

Ernest Gulbis vs Thomaz Bellucci Gulbis still is a bit rusty and momentum is with Bellucci who should take a win 2-1 5.00 @ bet365. Youhzny 2-1 4.50 @ 24hpoker.com/sportsbetting against Simon
I agree fully with you on Belluci>Gulbis.

Robredo to beat Nieminen, 4/5 Quite confident of this one, H2H largely in Robredo's favour, ok yeh he's not done well this season but Nieminen is quite poor as a player, he has played the last 2 days including a marathon 3 setter with Matthieu yesterday. I expect Nieminen to be tired and Robredo to break him in the 1st set and with in 2 sets.
following u on this one mate :notworthy

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August AARUN ALL YOUR COMMENTS FK ME OFF IF YOU MAKE MONEY FROM SPORTS BETTING I WILL FKIN :puke YOUR COMMENTS ARE REDICULOUS AND I DONT THINK UVE EVER FKIN WATCHED A TENNIS MATCH IN YOUR LIFE EVERYONE THAT IS AHEAD IN THE MATCH IS USELESS AND WILL LOSE BLA H BLAH EVERY FKIN WEEK

AARUN ALL YOUR COMMENTS FK ME OFF IF YOU MAKE MONEY FROM SPORTS BETTING I WILL FKIN :puke YOUR COMMENTS ARE REDICULOUS AND I DONT THINK UVE EVER FKIN WATCHED A TENNIS MATCH IN YOUR LIFE EVERYONE THAT IS AHEAD IN THE MATCH IS USELESS AND WILL LOSE BLA H BLAH EVERY FKIN WEEK
Maybe i'm just not good at explaining... Clown. My record for posted tips is quite good, I always back the underdog most times with odds over evens. See my Chela Vs Falla bet... Chela won 6-0, 6-3 by the way.

Maybe i'm just not good at explaining... Clown. My record for posted tips is quite good, I always back the underdog most times with odds over evens. See my Chela Vs Falla bet... Chela won 6-0, 6-3 by the way.
Still you are annoying and you don't know what you are talking about when you say Nieminen is poor.

AARUN ALL YOUR COMMENTS FK ME OFF IF YOU MAKE MONEY FROM SPORTS BETTING I WILL FKIN :puke YOUR COMMENTS ARE REDICULOUS AND I DONT THINK UVE EVER FKIN WATCHED A TENNIS MATCH IN YOUR LIFE EVERYONE THAT IS AHEAD IN THE MATCH IS USELESS AND WILL LOSE BLA H BLAH EVERY FKIN WEEK
Chaps, chill out. No need for verbal slagging on this board.

Still you are annoying and you don't know what you are talking about when you say Nieminen is poor.
Some of his shots in this match, though-are poor. You cannot disagree with that, he's already been broke twice. His returns on Robredos serve are too long too.

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August Agree on Bellucci here. For couple reasons. First of all Gulbis is not 100% after coming back from injury. He was beaten by Falla in LA, then lasted just 1 set against average player in Marchenko. The reason for retirement in that one was heat which was more of an excuse. Saw the match against Falla and he was terrible making lots of unforced errors. Bellucci has got what it takes to make the most of this opportunity. He has got solid serve and is ok in baseline exchanges. One more interesting thing - Gulbis has never been past 1st round in this event, defeats to Ferrer and Ascasuso and failing to get past qualies last year. He certainly is overrated for today's match. So... Bellucci to beat Gulbis. 2.27 @ Pinnacle (4/10)

Agree on Bellucci here. For couple reasons. First of all Gulbis is not 100% after coming back from injury. He was beaten by Falla in LA, then lasted just 1 set against average player in Marchenko. The reason for retirement in that one was heat which was more of an excuse. Saw the match against Falla and he was terrible making lots of unforced errors. Bellucci has got what it takes to make the most of this opportunity. He has got solid serve and is ok in baseline exchanges. One more interesting thing - Gulbis has never been past 1st round in this event, defeats to Ferrer and Ascasuso and failing to get past qualies last year. He certainly is overrated for today's match. So... Bellucci to beat Gulbis. 2.27 @ Pinnacle (4/10)
following u on the brazillian too :notworthy