** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - 9-15 August

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August

Never in my life will I back Murray as a favourite against Federer. Just can't do it.
How come IAG? murray has a 6-5 H2H record against fed all on hard. Plus aus open final and usopen im sure we all remember murray on huge points inability to win them at the open finals, murray has been playing alot better than fed and i believe murray knows this is best opportunity to win a slam while del potro is out and fed in bad form, a win on the board here would give someone like murray huge huge confidence leading into us open as he is so harsh on himself at times!

Gooch, I can understand the odds alright. Murray just beat Nadal so half of Britain will probably bet on him. Plus his chances against Fed improve in 3 set format. Just gonna watch this one, hopefully Federer beats him.
i myself huge murray fan, but i really believe that if he doesnt win a grandslam soon he will fall of the face of the earth, he seems in a pretty good headspace right about now. I do understand what u mean tho in a way, v. weird seeing fed underdog against andy

Gooch, I can understand the odds alright. Murray just beat Nadal so half of Britain will probably bet on him. Plus his chances against Fed improve in 3 set format. Just gonna watch this one, hopefully Federer beats him.
I'll go for Federer @2,10. Yesterdays match was awful but surely Roger will improve his game. Murray doesn't have the nerves when it comes to important points.. Federer on the other hand is rock solid when it matters the most. Just like yesterday against Djoko: 5-5 and 0-30 down on his serve, gets the first serve in 3 times in a row and suddenly its 40-30. After that, Djokovic was mentally so crushed that Federer didn't have to do too much to win it. I think Federer is a slight favourite to win the title. Name of the tournament tells the story: Rogers masters, lol:tongue2

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August Don't like Murray at all, his style is very boring. He usually plays aggressive against Nadal but is passive in many other matches. That might work today if Fed is shanking forehands all over the place which is possible. Would be nice to see him attack Federer rather than waiting for errors. I think he can only win a slam playing aggressive tennis - passive style has seen him get blown away in pretty much every slam in recent years, and many defeats to top players but also lower ranked ones like Cilic, Berdy, Verdasco. Anyway Murray is probably priced right @ 1.8 or whatever it is but still no bet for me.

Nobody likes the over 22.5?
Yes, I think it's possible that 1 set will definitely be a TB. Going to be a tight game, Federer always start off well and could win the 1st set then goes missing in the 2nd, Murray will need to convert his break points. Then the 3rd set will be anyones, but I think Murray will just win it.

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August :hope

Yes' date=' I think it's possible that 1 set will definitely be a TB. Going to be a tight game, Federer always start off well and could win the 1st set then goes missing in the 2nd, Murray will need to convert his break points. Then the 3rd set will be anyones, but I think Murray will just win it.[/quote'] Murray straights for me:hope

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August A note of caution to all the Fed backers, his match against Djokovic finished this morning. I am sure you have all taken this into account? It was a tough match and could work in Murrays favour the longer the match goes on especially with Murray having the bit between his teeth again and eager to improve on his recent form. He has played less tournaments than any of the top players but still holds on to his number 4 spot....to me his new enthusiasm, his fitness levels and his guts will see him over the line here. He will force Federer to make mistakes rather than win the points....not the most exciting style ever but its effective.

Some matches are made for watching. This is one of them. Got back on the winning trail with Murray last night so will wait for Cincy.
Probably the right stance to take on the match, however I couldn't resist taking the +1.5 on Murray @ 8/11. Depending on the set scores, could easily take care of a 3 setter and judging by the performance yesterday, Murray looked back to his best of a year ago. May even take Murray in play as well depending on how it goes.

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August Whats interesting is this is the 1st i've seen Federer start off slow, normally he starts off world class. Even though he's 2 breaks down, I expect Federer to win now he will save himself to play better. A tactic I reckon. Murray is playing well though... But as I said I think it's a tactic by Federer and he will raise his game, you can never write him off a long way to go yet.

Whats interesting is this is the 1st i've seen Federer start off slow' date=' normally he starts off world class. Even though he's 2 breaks down, I expect Federer to win now he will save himself to play better. A tactic I reckon. Murray is playing well though... But as I said I think it's a tactic by Federer and he will raise his game, you can never write him off a long way to go yet.[/quote'] I would hate to think a seasoned pro would play badly just so he can psyche himself up to play better later in the match.Or, have I misread your post? :unsure

I would hate to think a seasoned pro would play badly just so he can psyche himself up to play better later in the match.Or' date=' have I misread your post? :unsure[/quote'] Devils advocate, Federer past it some of his shots into the net were poor. :puke Good win by Murray.