Tennis - 9-15 August

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August Got on Polansky in the 1st set of the Melzer game and all I can say is wow... I've never seen him play before his serve isn't special but some of his shots tonight were world class. Ana Ivanovic is also doing amazing right now, to bounce by being a set down against Aza... De Bakker won too :) Gulbic/Belluci a bit of a mix game, I'd stll favour Belluci For the 1st day there has been many underdogs beating the 'favourites' or even 'slightly' favourites. Sometimes better to not bet on the 1st 2 days of Tennis tournys...

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August Bellucci idiot gave away the match. Really horrible performance, could not even bother playing more carefully being 3-0 up in the 2nd set. Every shot was wild and most of those into the net. Gulbis nothing special today really and will be beaten by Soderling for sure.

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August

Mikhail Youzhny to beat Simon 1.95@triobet! 7/10! Looks like the odds droping quickly so i decided to pick it up too. there are so many prepost at this thread, so i won't repeat that. just looking at this owerall, how can Giles be named as a fav i can't understand, misha is superior fighter and have a nice record 5-0 vs frenchmen, so it has a huge impact coming itno this, just wondering with all previous 5 matches went slightly to russian, so we can expect a 3sets game today , which is 23.5 over 2.05, but i'll stick with misha's win today too.:hope
:beer that's yummy, thank you Misha for good 2nd set ending :ok

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August I'm waiting for any handycaps apearing on Janko Tipsarevic and Marin Cilic, both looks a clear favs to me, Marin 5:0 record over serbian, and looks outstanding in last meetings, Croatian had a Final last week, i can't see him costing many problems today... On the other hand is Tipsy who's rising all the way, and have just beaten by the same Marin Cilic at Washington semys... Tipsy(1.55) x Cilic (1.25) 1.93, but i'll wait for a handys like i said ...

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August Hi, Hope someone can help me out here. I have been following this thread and staking for a considerable time in general but i dont have that many active online accounts. What one do you guys find best for tennis, as things stand i only use betfair but occasionally they do not have certain markets (unders/overs) priced up for matches. The other main site i use is Powers and occasionally Boyles...Is there a preferred tennis site for staking? I have seen a lot of tips done through Pinnacle. Thanks in advance for any feedback. Bopper

Erno had heatstroke when he retired , so I think that he didn't have any injyri problems... with pretty good serve , and strong baseline hits he can beat brazzilian who prefers clay , and is totally out of form... Erno @1,72 at pinna hy to all people , I'm new here :cheers:hope
eazy ;)

Hi, Hope someone can help me out here. I have been following this thread and staking for a considerable time in general but i dont have that many active online accounts. What one do you guys find best for tennis, as things stand i only use betfair but occasionally they do not have certain markets (unders/overs) priced up for matches. The other main site i use is Powers and occasionally Boyles...Is there a preferred tennis site for staking? I have seen a lot of tips done through Pinnacle. Thanks in advance for any feedback. Bopper
Seems like Pinnacle have the best odds. I only recently started using their site(not my own account at this point) and the odds are usually the best on the market, and one other benefit is that they have overs/unders and handicaps up on the site in good time no matter the size of the tournament. Whereas Paddy Power etc will mostly ignore these markets for smaller events...like ATP 250 events(at least in the early rounds which is frustrating as a punter). However other sites like Paddy Power/Bet 365/William Hill have the benefit of offering alot of different markets which can be useful e.g a player to win a set, and many different handicaps. I think you need to have a few accounts to get an edge on the bookies, but the general opinion is that Pinnacle is the best.

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August Monfils tb Gonzales @1,65 - pinnacle le monf had some very good matches in last time , played in final in Stutgart and before that had greath match in DC against david ferer while Gonzo is totally out of form , he last played on FrencOpen and lost in second round vs Dolgopolov... Monfils serves solid, has greath footwork and I think that that will be enought for pretty bad Fernando...

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August Hit 5 out of 6 winners yesterday, good day good day. Today: Nalby to beat Ferrer, Nalby is a great returner of the ball some of his shots are awesome and he won the Washington ATP last week playing a total of 6 games in a week, 1st time he has done that for a very long time. Will fatigue come into play? Possibly, but these guys are sportsmen who should have enough stamina to meet the demands of playing tennis day in-day out. Ferrer has just returned from a shoulder injury and hasn't played since early July. He's mainly a clay courter, but leads the H2H 6-4. I was going to oppose Nalby today thinking he could be too tired, however I feel he will be feeling high and really motivated to go do his best in this tourny to increase his ranking. I think it will be a tight game but Nalby just having the edge, price 8/15 with BET365 As said previously, Gonzalez to beat Monfils. I'm not a fan of tennis french players anymore-especially when backing them. You just don't know who's going to turn up and yesterday Gasquet and Simon have crashed out. I'd have to say Monfils to crash out today. Monfils is a great player, his height and athletism to reach unreachable balls is a big advantage but this always causes him to get injured. Injury prone and no doubt today he will pick up some sort of injury, he does however have a good serve. The H2H is 2-0 to Monfils, but Gonzalez hasn't played a tennis game since May and I expect to him of been training hard in preperation for whenever he was going to play next and this is a perfect game for him to show what he can do. As the underdog at 6/4, it's definitley worth a punt.

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August Early bet on the double - just waiting for handicaps to come out on other matches. Toronto: Marin Cilic vs Viktor Troicki Toronto: Janko Tipsarevic vs Philipp Kohlschreiber - Double of Marin Cilic x Janko Tipsarevic at 1.92 with Boylesports (4/10) Going to try out a double here of Cilic and Tipsarevic. I'll start with Cilic first. He's got a phenomenal record against Troicki. The Croat leads the H2H 5-0 with every one of those victories coming on a hard court. I'd expect the serve to be fairly dominant here - both men are solid in that department - but Cilic has got a bit more in his locker in terms of groundstrokes. Made the semis of Washington where he was smashed by Nalbandian. His whole game went to pot there but Nalbandian got under his skin and forced the errors - can't see Troicki doing that here unless he plays exceptionally well, and the signs are his form is sketchy, losing to Fish in R2 of DC. Tipsarevic is another man who is coming into a bit of form. Has made the business end of his last two tournaments, going out to decent players. Faces Kohlschreiber at a good time - the German is in a rotten vein of form and plays his first match for months on a hard court. He prefers the clay anyway but in recent events has been serving extremely poorly and can't get the right timing on his backhand. Lost his only meeting with Tipsarevic on clay last year and needs to show a lot of improvement to beat the in-form Serb. Would be a surprise if the German was to turn it around here. :hope

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August A few more for today's games... Toronto: Frank Dancevic vs Stanislas Wawrinka - Frank Dancevic +4.5 games AH at 1.803 with Pinnacle (4/10) This match has potential surprise material. Dancevic is the Canadian golden boy of tennis and will have home support for this clash with Wawrinka. The Swiss has got more ability in his locker than Dancevic but is on a poor run of form at present - lost in R1 of Wimbledon and was smashed by Nalbandian last week. Wawrinka is essentially a clay court player and doesn't like quicker surfaces. He's got a phenomenal backhand but can let himself down on serve, particularly if his first serve isn't firing. Conversely, Dancevic is all about serve. Gets many cheap points from it and if he can keep his first serve percentage high then he will keep this match close. Tends to bowl around the American hard court Challenger circuit but did make the QFs of Newport this year, taking a set from Fish. Has met Wawrinka once before on a hard court in 2008 and took a set off him in defeat. Not suggesting that Dancevic is nailed on to win here but the handicap is set at +4.5 games and I feel that's pretty generous on him. I reckon Dancevic can keep this close. Toronto: Marcos Baghdatis vs Jeremy Chardy - Jeremy Chardy +3 games AH at 1.909 with Pinnacle (4/10) This is going to be a tough match for Baghdatis here. He's just come off a really good week in Washington, where he made the final, and he's up against a tricky foe in Chardy. The Frenchman won their only encounter last year on a hard court and has finally started to discover some form, getting to R3 of his last two events, albeit on clay. Chardy can be a bit hit or miss but he's got the serve and the groundstrokes to keep the points quick - something you must do against Baghdatis. This bet, however, is as much against Baghdatis as it is for Chardy. I still don't think Baghdatis is as fit as he could be and his serve still has plenty of holes in it - against Nalbandian, he passed up many gifts on it. After a tough week, where he also tweaked his ankle, I'm not sure if he'll be able to sustain his high level. Chardy has proven in the past that he can do well on this surface - has made a couple of finals - and beat Verdasco not so long ago in America. The +3 game handicap, therefore, looks generous being priced in the 1.90s and I reckon the Frenchman has a chance of winning this, let alone keeping it close. Toronto: Michael Llodra vs Santiago Giraldo - Santiago Giraldo at 1.87 with Pinnacle (3/10) Giraldo has drifted out to 1.87 and that's too big for me, so I'm more than happy to back him to take care of Llodra. On a hard court there's not as much as difference on, say, clay, but Giraldo is a worthy favourite for me. Llodra just isn't as effective outdoors on a hard court as he is indoors. Loves to serve and volley but conditions aren't as quick as they are indoors. In addition, his form looks sketchy - last week's defeat in straights to Sweeting was a shocker considering he'd beaten the American a month or so ago. Giraldo is essentially a clay courter but has won matches on this surface and has more compact groundies compared to Llodra. He beat the Frenchman on clay in Rome this year pretty comfortably and if he can get a read on Llodra's serve, he'll be in business here. Took a set off Malisse last week in Washington which bodes well for this encounter. He moves better than Llodra and I feel he's got more in his locker when it comes to the crunch moments. Reckon the Colombian can sneak this. Toronto: Juan Ignacio Chela vs Roger Federer - Roger Federer -5 games AH at 1.901 with Pinnacle (3/10) This is Federer's first match since losing to Berdych at Wimbledon and I expect the Swiss to come out all guns blazing. He's got a little bit to prove after losing both Slams at the QF stage and he's got the perfect opponent to do so against in Chela. They've met three times, twice on hard and once on clay, and Federer has battered him in each encounter. We're talking about 6-2 6-1s here. And that was when Chela was at the height of his powers. The Argentine got a cracking win yesterday over Falla but that was in part down to some atrocious tennis from the Colombian. He hasn't got the power to hurt Federer. The Swiss' recent defeats (Berdych, Soderling) have been against guys who have been able to hit through him - Chela's got nice strokes but they aren't loaded with strength. These are the sort of guys Federer likes to play against and I reckon a -5 game handicap is within his remit here. Toronto: Tomas Berdych vs Sergiy Stakhovsky - Sergiy Stakhovsky +4.5 games AH at 1.885 with Pinnacle (3/10) Having watched Berdych in Washington last week it seemed that something isn't quite right with the Czech. His game was really flat in all of his matches and he was lucky neither Tursunov or Golubev took him out before Malisse did. I wonder if he's having a bit of a comedown post-French and SW19. It's mentally quite tough to live up to the mantle of a Slam finalist and I think he's got an extremely difficult match against Stakhovsky here. The Ukrainian played really well against Gasquet yesterday. He's proven on these quick conditions - big serve, nice slice backhand and good net skills. An on-song Berdych might be able to take care of him comfortably but I don't feel Berdych is firing as well as he once was. Stakhovsky's got the fortitude to hang with the Czech here and I'm happy to play the +4.5 handicap here, it seems a little too big for my liking. Not sure the Ukrainian will win but has it in his armoury to cover the handicap. :hope

Toronto: Tomas Berdych vs Sergiy Stakhovsky - Sergiy Stakhovsky +4.5 games AH at 1.885 with Pinnacle (3/10) :hope
Going to tail you with this, mate. Practically sure thing. In all his Washington games Berdy went into 3 sets. Stakhovsky may even win this one. The handicap is extremely generous.

Going to tail you with this' date=' mate. Practically sure thing. In all his Washington games Berdy went into 3 sets. Stakhovsky may even win this one. The handicap is extremely generous.[/quote'] Sadly, nothing is ever a sure thing. I do have some hopes for this bet though.

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August GL mate.......:hope Have Monfils pending from the other day.Also did a double........... Cilic(to beat Troicki) x Cirstea(to beat Bammer) @ 2.011 (Pinnacle:3/10) Have to like Cilic here, don't think he's quite at his best in recent months but had a decent week in Washington and has a positive h2h over Troicki.He's better than Troicki is most departments, so hopefully he doesn't have one of those error-filled days...clear fave here. Bammer defending points here from last year but first match on hard in months and really form is not good. Lost to Pivovarova on clay in her last match and before that Vinci at Wimbledon, both in 2 sets.Most people weren't impressed by Cirstea losing so badly to Zakapolova last week, but the fact she had qualies here might explain that.Think she's been gradually improving since Istanbul, has got plenty of matches on hard in recent weeks, and also two wins in qualies in Cincinnati beating Mills(6-3 6-2) and more impressively Halep 6-2 6-4, who is more a clay-courter but still a very talented player. GL!

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August Binghampton, USA Ricardas Berankis - Jesse Witten | Berankis -3.5 1.85@triobet! 7/10! Well this kid is on a tare right now, reaching final last week and losing it to Dudi Sela. He's playing briliantlon hard right now, Lithuanian #1 reached R64 and lost to Feliciano lopez in 4 sets for the first time in his carrer in te Gand Slam. i thin that he's preparing for another bigger show at US Open, he is a hardcourt player with very good serve. They have not meet before, but i think that Berankis have a slight advantage to beat this american today in style. :hope

Going to tail you with this' date=' mate. Practically sure thing. In all his Washington games Berdy went into 3 sets. Stakhovsky may even win this one. The handicap is extremely generous.[/quote'] Nothing is a sure thing until match is over!!!

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August OK, if the handys doesn't appears i will pick today just a double like i said. Cilic > Troicki x Tipssarevic > Kohlshreiber 1.93@triobet! Just don't want to repeat atko or myself or otherabout Cilic, it's just to dumb not to see that CIlic will win this with comfort, of course the odd sin't that big 1.25 :tongue2 but i will pick it up. the other bet based on phillips bad form lately, + i don't think that he has here a chance to win on hard vs Tipsy, tipsy beat some top players like querrey , and lost to the same cilic :D ok folks lets wait and see what happens gl all! :hope

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August Federer - Chela U20 2.02 at Pinnacle (10/10) This pick is a gift in my opinion. There is only one way it should not happen and is Federer playing his very worst (and i mean really really bad) against a superb Chela. Federer is waaaaaaaay better player than chela in every surface and i expect something like 6/2 6/3 at most. Chela never got important results on hard court and won´t get them now when he is clearly only available of playing decent tennis on clay. On the other hand Federer will want to show that he can still rock the world and will try to play as least as he can to be well rested for next match. I simply can´t imagine a close match between who might be the best player ever (and still playing really well) against a mediocre hard court player. :hope