** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Tennis - 9-15 August

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August

I really wanted to back Murray to cover the -4.5 game handicap and the unders but I can't. He's just not trustworthy enough at this moment in time. He still gets broken too easily and recently has been even returning poorly. The frustrating thing is that he's by far and away the better player. Malisse has been doing well picking off what I call "low hanging fruit" but he's fallen short against better players' date=' with the exception of Berdych. If Murray was even slightly better form I'd bite but I'd be going against my betting principles if I was to do so.[/quote'] Yeah also decided to opt against it in the end. If he wins well today, will look to back him in next round as usually if he wins a match well, he does seem to improve further.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August Also one last one from me. Robredo vs Nalbandian Under 20.5 games- Evens Bet365- 5/10 General thoughts are that Nalbandian should win this one in straight after his good form last week. His wins were mostly in 2 sets covering this margin and against a clay-courter like Robredo, it should be a similiar outcome. Alternatively, if I've read it all wrong and the fatigue hits the Argentinian, could equally be a quick match for Robredo but either way, feel this is a decent price to take the unders at.

psycho what do you think about ivanovič and vesnina today i can get 2.05 on vesnina
I hope they both win, but won't touch anyone. Ivanovic because of her lack of form and as far as Vesnina is concerned I thought she would be around 2.80 -3.00. Can't see value in her being favorite. Schiavone has been awful since French Open but being underdog might wake her up finally.

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August Vera Zvonareva -3.5 AH vs Maria Kirilenko. 2.01 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Zvonareva has got perfect record against Kirilenko 3-0. Though they haven't played for couple years I still don't think it will make any difference match-up wise. Zvonareva has got huge power from forehand and backhand can do the trick from time to time as well. She has never lost a set against Kirilenko and should be good for another straight forward win. Kirilenko has improved a lot in last 12 months though will struggle against Zvonareva who will be all over Maria's second serve because the first one is not that good. I think -3.5 games handicap is very good offer and I expect Zvonareva to surpass that. Na Li -5 AH vs Sara Errani. 1.80 @ 5Dimes (7/10) Li is the worst possible match-up for Errani if don't mention the likes of Serena and Kim. Li can be very annoying at times and play terrible tennis but when she's on song she is devastating. The Chinese number one was rubbish in Copenhagen and I expect her to bounce back in US hard court tournaments. Like I said Errani won't like to see Li at the other side of the net today. See, Errani is very weak in powerful exchanges and will struggle to deal with Li's shots form both sides. 5 games might look a bit too much but it's the right reflection of what this game will be like. Li has destroyed Errani both times they played this year winning 6-2, 6-1 and 6-1, 6-1. Although that was on clay, you can't say that the surface benefited the Chinese player as she has never had great results on clay.

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August And a crappy treble to finish me off.............never really do trebles but what the hell. Pennetta x Wozniacki x Na Li @ 1.73 (Pinnacle:3/10) Pennetta in great form and is good at this time of year, reached the semi's in San Diego before falling to Kuznetsova and a 2 set win over Zheng in round one, Zheng in bad form but good win all the same. Class above Niculescu who hasn't beaten many strong players on hard surface. Also Pennetta crushed her at Wimbledon this year 6-1 6-1. Bammer had great win over Cirstea y'day but simply can't see her hurting Wozniacki, who will move her all over the place and force the errors. Slightly worried about Na Li, usually don't trust her as short fave but class above Errani. She's demolished her on Errani's best surface clay aswell, her power game too much for the italian. GL!

No love for Kleybanova Psycho?? Big price but Radwanska will move her everywhere....:spank
Not today :D I think Kleybanova will struggle today big time. Serve should help her win some games but overall I don't think she will be able to survive this one because of Radwanska's smart tennis.

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August Nicolas Almagro vs Michael Llodra. Over 22.5 games. 1.90 @ 10bet (5/10) I see this as stone wall over. First of all because Almagro is involved. The guy has got huge talent but never seems to be consistent enough to get straight forward wins. Secondly Llodra has got one massive serve and net skills which should keep him alive at least till tie-break(s). The Frenchman has been very poor on US soil in the past and probably will be done today but I think he's got what it takes to get the most out of Almagro. Won't be surprised to see 3 sets or couple tiebreaks or smth like 7-6, 7-5. Anyway 22.5 games should be covered. Flavia Pennetta vs Monica Niculescu. Under 18 games. 1.85 @ Gamebookers (6/10) Pennetta is in very good form and the exact opposite can be said about Niculescu who has been very poor for over than a year. She managed to beat Lisicki in the first round losing just 3 games but the scoreline doesn't reflect what was going on in that match. First of all Lisicki was playing her first match since coming back from injury, was 3-0 up and then faded away and never won a game. It was terrible she eve lost few games on her own serve being 40-0 up. Pennetta will destroy Niculescu today, that's my call. They have played once before. It was in this year's Wimbledon. Pennetta won by 6-1, 6-1 and under 18 games should achieved today as well. Christina McHale > Ayumi Morita. 1.85 @ Bwin. (7/10) Have said before that I'm very excited about this player. McHale has got huge potential and talent, just hasn't had big success on the biggest stage. She beat very good player in Petrova in round 1 and today will play against average Japanese player Morita who really is no big deal and will find it very tough to cope with McHale's forehand which is very good, especially in cross court shots. Serve is a weakness, nevertheless I think McHale will be good to advance. She will have home crowd support which is always very important for young players.

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August Yeah I'll follow for a unit on Almagro/Llodra overs.............:hope Surprised to see that Llodra leads h2h 1-0, winning on clay a few years back. Almagro must have had problems with his style of play.He was pretty poor against Marchenko so this looks a good deal.

Also one last one from me. Robredo vs Nalbandian Under 20.5 games- Evens Bet365- 5/10 General thoughts are that Nalbandian should win this one in straight after his good form last week. His wins were mostly in 2 sets covering this margin and against a clay-courter like Robredo, it should be a similiar outcome. Alternatively, if I've read it all wrong and the fatigue hits the Argentinian, could equally be a quick match for Robredo but either way, feel this is a decent price to take the unders at.
Comfortable in the end really, too much power and class for the Spaniard to handle here.

Nalbandian Robredo (2-0 sets) 1.73 at Stanjames (7/10) Nalbandian is way better player than Robredo and there is no doubt about it. He is also in magnificent shape and when he is playing good he is a top 5 player for me. Some might say he could be tired but he has posted in twitter that he is ok and wants to keep winning matches. On the other hand i never was a Robredo fan, i do not like his tennis and he is definately not in good shape at all. He is only a respetable clay player and that´s it. I predict here a 2 sets win for david. Don´t go for the handicap cause IMO i see it harder. If nalby keeps playing as he has done in the last matches i see a sure win here. :hope
WIN King david was too much for robredo. nicely done Nalbandian!

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August Rajeev Ram to beat Chris Guccione at 8/11 Paddy Power (6/10) Ram should win this. He's mixed in the higher company over the last few weeks, playing the likes of Nalbandian and Roddick and acquitting himself relatively well. Guccione is still doing the rounds on the challengers mainly and this season is 1-5 on hard courts. Probably a closely contested match but Ram just has a bit more to his game. :hope

Real shocker from Troicki in the 3rd set.
He's got a terrible three set record. Kohlschreiber found a bit of form, fair play to him. Profitable day thus far with the big bets coming up although it now all hinges on Anderson-Querrey overs.

Yeah bit odd from Troicki after winning the 2nd. He won only 2 points on serve in the 3rd set.
One of these things. He had break points in the opening game of the third but failed to take them and the rest is history. He's one of these guys who can be hit or miss - think he's probably at his best on a quick indoor court. No doubt the more talented player won but was opposing Kohlschreiber on form. Will be interesting to see how he gets on next - going to be either Lu or Mathieu in the next round so he's got a decent route to the QFs.

Yeah Kohli more talented for sure, top 20 ability when he's playing at his best IMO. Hope Anderson keeps his head here, serves from a helicopter when I oppose him but if I back him he's double faulting on break points....:lol
Nalbandian vs Soderling next round too.....should be good.
Both men just need to keep their cool - the true test of the bet will come at the beginning of the second set. Need the loser of the first not to falter. Some cracking ties in the next round. Nalbandian leads H2H 5-1, just to add a little spice to the betting mix. No idea what I'm going to do on that one - perhaps nothing :lol

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August Worst thing is when one player loses a tie-break and then crumbles. This set has tie-break written all over it...........let's hope they keep it up....:hope Nalby/Soderling......have to see prices here, looks a tough one on paper though. Scoreboard frozen.......:unsure