** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

World » Club Friendlies

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Club Friendlies > Sunday 23rd July Does anybody think Man City may be worth a tickle against LA Galaxy? Man City have progressed averagely so far in pre-season. This match will mark a step up in terms of work and level of opponent. Galaxy will have the edge in terms of fitness as they've had a regular schedule and are deep into the MLS season but they were easily trashed by Madrid and don't have the best recent record anyway. City are a clear level or so above them and I'd expect a relatively strong side from City as things get heavier from now on. 1.53 doesn't scream to me but given the difference in quality it could be worth it. Yaya is doubtful and Tevez wont be there but I do think they may be worth a go for the win. Not taken as I think I'll wait to see a line-up first.

Re: Club Friendlies > Sunday 23rd July I also like goals in the Gala/Inter game but it is priced accordingly at 1.60-ish on Bet365. Inter have come into 1.90 and I'm tempted by Gala +0.5 at 1.80-ish. This will be Inter's first proper test and I'm yet to be convinced by their back 3 - especially against better opposition. They're still finding their feet with this formation and players roles. I think the midfield is weak as fcuk right now and desperately needs investment. Going forward they can certainly trouble Gala but I really do worry about a possible back 3 of Rannochia, Chivu and Santon/Naga. Gala are still warming up too and have a couple of signings in Muslera and Melo who may or may not play. All in all Inter are finding their feet and Gala are decent so the +0.5 line appeals once I see a starting line-up for Inter. A back 3 for them and I'm on it. Naturally I'll be taking it late but that is how I will be tackling the match.

Re: Club Friendlies > Sunday 23rd July

Does anybody think Man City may be worth a tickle against LA Galaxy? Man City have progressed averagely so far in pre-season. This match will mark a step up in terms of work and level of opponent. Galaxy will have the edge in terms of fitness as they've had a regular schedule and are deep into the MLS season but they were easily trashed by Madrid and don't have the best recent record anyway. City are a clear level or so above them and I'd expect a relatively strong side from City as things get heavier from now on. 1.53 doesn't scream to me but given the difference in quality it could be worth it. Yaya is doubtful and Tevez wont be there but I do think they may be worth a go for the win. Not taken as I think I'll wait to see a line-up first.
David Beckham's been mouthing off about this match being the warm-up for the big one, against United, and how City will never usurp United as the biggest Manchester side, so there may be an edge to this for City.

Re: Club Friendlies > Sunday 23rd July

Sport Football (Friendlies)
Event Fc Porto - Penarol
Selection Over 2.5 goals
Strength 10/10
Date 24/07/2011
Bookmaker/Price Gamebookers @ 1.70
Reasoning Penarol has a full squad available here considering that non of their players took part at the Copa America. They are a strong team which reached Copa Libertadores this season and they did it in style defeating teams like Internacional, Velez Sarsfield or Catolica on the way. They have very good creative players up-front and considering the fact that this is a friendly game I do see them with good chances of getting on the scoresheet. As far as Porto is concerned they still have the same players like last year. Only loss is that of the coach, now Vitor Pereira is in charge but he will keep the same style of play. Porto will present its team before their fans here, and whenever they are involved we can expect goal fiesta. That's why I like the over 2.5 goals here.

Re: Club Friendlies > Sunday 23rd July I stopped watching after not very long but Gala earned a draw so the plus line came in. Wish I'd weighed in on City as they look pretty bossy tonight. 1-0 up after a Balotelli pen. He then is through one on one and tries to score with the most casual marseille roulette you'll ever see - which he fcuks up completely. Mancini was so infuriated by that he subbed him for Milner on 30 mins. Just a casual friendly for Balo.

Re: Club Friendlies - June/July Airbus UK v Morecambe Morecambe - Evens Skybet Im happy to take Morecambe at evens here. Having earlier posted in the ante-post that I think they're capable of relegation Jim Bentley is certainly proving me wrong they have been earning very respectable results including draws against higher league opposition in Derby County and Blackburn Rovers and also a victory over Carlisle. They have also been dominating these matches. I'll admit I do not know a lot about Airbus UK, a quick look at their pre-season results tells me they're a poor side in relation to Morecambe. They have lost games at lowly English sides in FC United of Manchester and Chester City FC. I do also know that they are a Welsh Premier League side and everyone knows about the poor quality of football in that division. I would certainly rate Morecambe a far better team and that is why I am happy to take these odds.

Re: Club Friendlies - June/July

Airbus UK v Morecambe Morecambe - Evens Skybet Im happy to take Morecambe at evens here. Having earlier posted in the ante-post that I think they're capable of relegation Jim Bentley is certainly proving me wrong they have been earning very respectable results including draws against higher league opposition in Derby County and Blackburn Rovers and also a victory over Carlisle. They have also been dominating these matches. I'll admit I do not know a lot about Airbus UK, a quick look at their pre-season results tells me they're a poor side in relation to Morecambe. They have lost games at lowly English sides in FC United of Manchester and Chester City FC. I do also know that they are a Welsh Premier League side and everyone knows about the poor quality of football in that division. I would certainly rate Morecambe a far better team and that is why I am happy to take these odds.
FT Result: Airbus 1 Morecambe 0 :sad Sounds like it was not the full team put out by Morecambe which means I will have to do a little more revision on team line-ups in the future however they did dominate.

Re: Club Friendlies - June/July

Airbus UK v Morecambe Morecambe - Evens Skybet Im happy to take Morecambe at evens here. Having earlier posted in the ante-post that I think they're capable of relegation Jim Bentley is certainly proving me wrong they have been earning very respectable results including draws against higher league opposition in Derby County and Blackburn Rovers and also a victory over Carlisle. They have also been dominating these matches. I'll admit I do not know a lot about Airbus UK, a quick look at their pre-season results tells me they're a poor side in relation to Morecambe. They have lost games at lowly English sides in FC United of Manchester and Chester City FC. I do also know that they are a Welsh Premier League side and everyone knows about the poor quality of football in that division. I would certainly rate Morecambe a far better team and that is why I am happy to take these odds.
damnnnn, i had a Morecambe x2 in my accumulator and this was the last game..

Club friendlies Tuesday 26 July 2011 :welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome

UK Friendlies
Barnsley v Sheff Wed
Crystal Palace v Norwich
Fleetwood Town v FK Jelgava
Gillingham v Leyton Orient
Hinckley United v Tamworth
Ilkeston v Nottm Forest
Sheff Utd v Doncaster
Blackpool v Hibernian
Brentford v Watford
Bristol Rovers v Reading
Chesterfield v Coventry
Colchester v Ipswich
Crawley Town v Peterborough
Dag & Red v West Ham
Forest Green v Bristol City
Halifax v Port Vale
Kettering Town v Leicester XI
Oldham v Burnley
Oxford Utd v Birmingham
Wealdstone v Wycombe
Yeovil v Cardiff City
Europe Friendlies
Farul Constanta v FC Ursidos
Blokhus FC v FC Hjorring
West Ham Utd Youth v Dinamo Moscow Youth
Zaglebie Lubin v Alki Larnaca
Maritimo v Rio Ave
MSV Duisburg v Schalke
AGOVV v Vitesse
Cologne v Luxembourg
Dordrecht v FC Oss
Estonia U19 v PSV Youth
FC Zwolle v Emmen
NAC v Levante
Rapid Vienna v Valencia
Sandefjord v Leeds
SV Elversberg v Worms
Werder Bremen v Olympiakos
Dender v Fortuna Sittard
Eendracht Aalst v FC Eindhoven
Venlo VVV v Alemania Aachen
Waasland-Beveren v Ronse
Valenciennes v Borussia Dortmund
Charlton v FC Den Bosch
Hayes & Yeading v FK Gabala
Gil Vicente v Braga
:welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome

Re: Club friendlies Tuesday 27 July 2011

Tuesday 26 July 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Blokhus FC v FC Hjørring (14:00 BST) 2.2 3.3 2.8 111.47 %
maximize.gif Rio Ave v Marítimo (15:00 BST) 2.6 3.45 2.52 107.13 %
maximize.gif Alki Larnaca v Zaglebie Lubin (16:00 BST) 3.75 3.4 1.93 107.89 %
maximize.gif MSV Duisburg v FC Schalke 04 (17:45 BST) 5 3.95 1.8 100.87 %
maximize.gif 1. FC Köln v Luxembourg (18:00 BST) 1.31 5 9.5 106.43 %
maximize.gif AGOVV Apeldoorn v Vitesse (18:00 BST) 5 4.5 1.53 107.44 %
maximize.gif Estonia U19 v Jong PSV Eindhoven (18:00 BST) 1.66 4 3.75 111.67 %
maximize.gif FC Dordrecht v FC Oss (18:00 BST) 2.1 3.5 3.1 108.45 %
maximize.gif NAC Breda v Levante UD (18:00 BST) 3.45 3.65 2.2 101.84 %
maximize.gif Werder Bremen v Olympiacos (18:00 BST) 2.06 3.75 3.7 102.24 %
maximize.gif Eendracht Aalst v FC Eindhoven (18:30 BST) 4.2 3.3 1.75 111.26 %
maximize.gif FCV Dender EH v Fortuna Sittard (18:30 BST) 2.37 3.25 2.62 110.97 %
maximize.gif Red Star Waasland v KSK Ronse (18:30 BST) 1.4 4 7 110.71 %
maximize.gif FC Zwolle v FC Emmen (19:00 BST) 1.66 3.49 4.6 110.39 %
maximize.gif Valenciennes FC v Borussia Dortmund (19:00 BST) 4.1 3.8 1.95 101.99 %
maximize.gif Barnsley v Sheffield Wednesday (19:30 BST) 2.03 3.4 3.4 108.08 %
maximize.gif Crystal Palace v Norwich City (19:30 BST) 3.4 3.4 2.34 101.56 %
maximize.gif Fleetwood Town v FK Jelgava (19:30 BST) 3.1 3.7 2.2 104.74 %
maximize.gif Gillingham v Leyton Orient (19:30 BST) 2.5 3.4 2.66 107.01 %
maximize.gif Rochdale v West Bromwich Albion (19:30 BST) 4.75 4.1 1.78 101.62 %
maximize.gif Sheffield United v Doncaster Rovers (19:30 BST) 2.25 3.85 2.84 105.63 %
maximize.gif Blackpool v Hibernian (19:45 BST) 2.25 3.65 3.5 100.41 %
maximize.gif Brentford v Watford (19:45 BST) 2.56 3.65 2.75 102.82 %
maximize.gif Bristol Rovers v Reading (19:45 BST) 3.55 3.5 2 106.74 %
maximize.gif Charlton Athletic v Den Bosch (19:45 BST) 1.61 3.8 4.33 111.30 %
maximize.gif Crawley Town v Peterborough United (19:45 BST) 2.8 3.55 2.52 103.57 %
maximize.gif Dagenham & Redbridge v West Ham (19:45 BST) 5.5 3.9 1.74 101.29 %
maximize.gif FC Halifax Town v Port Vale (19:45 BST) 4.5 3.75 1.9 101.27 %
maximize.gif Kettering Town v Leicester City XI (19:45 BST) 5.5 4.2 1.44 111.22 %
maximize.gif Oxford United v Birmingham City (19:45 BST) 3.4 3.45 2.1 106.02 %
maximize.gif Wealdstone v Wycombe Wanderers (19:45 BST) 6.3 4.6 1.42 108.03 %
maximize.gif Gil Vicente v Sporting de Braga (20:00 BST) 3.8 3.55 1.86 108.25 %

Re: Club friendlies Tuesday 27 July 2011 Kettering Town v Leicester City XI UNDER 2.5 goals @ 2.3 - BET365. Squad to face Kettering tonight - Ball, Berner, Dyer, Howard, Kermorgant, Moussa, N'Guessan, Oakley, Pantsil, Schlupp, Smith, St. Ledger, Teixeira, Tunchev, Waghorn, Weale. It is a relatively strong squad, as judged by the 1X2 market, which has Leicester @ 1.44. However, this is still a squad made up of squad players. Most of which gained their best part of pre season action earlier in July during their pre-season tournament of Sweden. Personally I wouldn't touch Leicester at that price as Kettering will provide a tough non league test for a group of players that are likely to be used sparingly during the coming season. So far, Kettering have played three friendlies against league opposition. A 1-0 loss to Coventry, a 2-0 win over Peterborough and a 1-0 loss to Notts County. I can see this being a fairly tight affair, one which Kettering will fancy their chances in. That should even things out slightly.

Re: Club friendlies Tuesday 26 July 2011 Bayern vs. Milan This looks like an interesting match to watch tonight. This match takes place in Munich and is part of the Audi Cup. Both are good squads without a doubt but Bayern should have the greater edge in terms of fitness and match prep tonight. This is Milan's first 'proper' friendly, and only their second in total, having trashed an amateur side 12-0. Bayern have played 6 already in a mixture of weak and decent sides. Regardless of opposition quality Bayern should be in better physical shape. The Bundesliga starts on 6th August which is when Milan will play the Italian Super Cup with the full-season a couple of weeks away after that. Ribery is missing for this match but other than that Bayern have a full roster available. From match reports I can see that in some of their recent matches Bayern are past the stage of playing two different teams in the first/second half of matches and are settling more. Milan have a complete roster available too - bar Mexes and Pippo. The Copa boys are back and I would expect a strong starting line-up. I can't be sure but I would expect quite a few changes at half-time given that they are in the early stages of pre-season. The squad is mostly the same as last season so there is no gelling as such to take place. Even so, they are behind in match prep. Should be a close match as Milan aren't chumps but given preparation and home soil, I favour Bayern. They can be nabbed at 1.83 (Bet365) right now, but the price has drifted slightly so you may be able to catch a better price if you wait. Bayern win - 1.83 - 4 points - Bet365 It's a friendly so anything large would be silly. This match is being shown on ITV4.

Re: Club friendlies Tuesday 26 July 2011 Fleetwood face Latvian cup winners - FK Jelgavia, who played a league game on Sunday. Edit - Not sure on the team for Fleetwood as they are apparently putting out a Fleetwood XI against Northwich Victoria tonight. Dagenham face West Ham who haven't been in great form pre-season. BUT, they are still going to be putting out a strong side tonight. I'd say the odds here are just evening themselves out....because I can't see West Ham losing tonight. Matt Taylor should make his debut.

Re: Club friendlies Tuesday 26 July 2011 Taking a bit of a punt tonight in this fixture as I see a bit of value here - Hayes and Yeading V FC Gabala UNDER 2.5 goals @ 2.35 - BET365. FC Gabala of Azerbaijan visits Hayes and Yeading tonight for a pre-season friendly played in Woking. So, neutral venue. FC Gabala are managed by Tony Adams, finishing seventh in the Azeri Premier League last season. From what I can tell they don't score many, yet they don't concede too many either. The Hayes and Yeading squad under new manager Nas Bashir is a bit of a work in progress. They have only played two fixtures so far in their pre season, as they look to shape the new look squad for the start of the season. The first pre-season fixture was a behind closed doors friendly against Bristol City, in which they lost 3-2. The second was a 1-0 loss last week away to Eastbourne Borough. Both games saw a number of trialists used. I'd expect the same sort of system tonight, and for the game to become a bit of a warm up for both sides. I can't personally see how this game can be priced up very effectively, as FC Gabala are still not a particularly strong Azeri side, yet should still provide a sturdy test for Hayes and Yeading.

Re: Club friendlies Tuesday 26 July 2011 One side sending out a light squad tonight is West Brom, who travel to Rochdale with a mixture of academy and reserve players (the first team are going to Southampton on Wednesday). Nottingham Forest are in action on Thursday, so I suspect it will be a mixed side heading to Ilkeston. The home side are lowly opposition, and they've had a stuffing off a Lincoln City XI, but they have held Notts County and Alfreton.

Re: Club friendlies Tuesday 26 July 2011 Quite fancy Norwich tonight (2.3) - they're a side that haven't been taking pre-season lightly and showing no mercy, winning their games 7-0, 8-0 and 11-0, albeit against lowly opposition. Palace have had the opposite - two 0-0 draws away at Crawley and Wycombe with a 2-1 win at Basingstoke. Norwich have a large squad here, and I'd imagine too much for Palace.

Re: Club friendlies Tuesday 26 July 2011

One side sending out a light squad tonight is West Brom' date=' who travel to Rochdale with a mixture of academy and reserve players (the first team are going to Southampton on Wednesday).[/quote'] If this West Brom squad info is correct, Rochdale might well be good value at 4.0 on Betfair

Re: Club friendlies Tuesday 26 July 2011 Squad that travelled to Rochdale; Mattock, Bednar, Reid, Wood, L Daniels, Dawson, Mantom, Downin, Sawyers, Roofe, O'Neill, Gayle, D Daniels, Turton, O'Sullivan, Kiely. Hills have Rochdale double chance @ 1.80, which is way out of line if anyone's interested.

Taking a bit of a punt tonight in this fixture as I see a bit of value here - Hayes and Yeading V FC Gabala UNDER 2.5 goals @ 2.35 - BET365. FC Gabala of Azerbaijan visits Hayes and Yeading tonight for a pre-season friendly played in Woking. So, neutral venue. FC Gabala are managed by Tony Adams, finishing seventh in the Azeri Premier League last season. From what I can tell they don't score many, yet they don't concede too many either. The Hayes and Yeading squad under new manager Nas Bashir is a bit of a work in progress. They have only played two fixtures so far in their pre season, as they look to shape the new look squad for the start of the season. The first pre-season fixture was a behind closed doors friendly against Bristol City, in which they lost 3-2. The second was a 1-0 loss last week away to Eastbourne Borough. Both games saw a number of trialists used. I'd expect the same sort of system tonight, and for the game to become a bit of a warm up for both sides. I can't personally see how this game can be priced up very effectively, as FC Gabala are still not a particularly strong Azeri side, yet should still provide a sturdy test for Hayes and Yeading.
Woking is Hayes & Yeading's home ground now :ok. We host Gabala tomorrow night so unless they have a squad big enough for two sides I'd imagine they will make tons of changes throughout the game tonight which should help the unders.

Quite fancy Norwich tonight (2.3) - they're a side that haven't been taking pre-season lightly and showing no mercy, winning their games 7-0, 8-0 and 11-0, albeit against lowly opposition. Palace have had the opposite - two 0-0 draws away at Crawley and Wycombe with a 2-1 win at Basingstoke. Norwich have a large squad here, and I'd imagine too much for Palace.
Bear in mind those hammerings were against German amateur sides and Gorleston and a lot of changes were made throughout, which outlines how poor they were. Also don't have a great record at Palace, though we did win 1-0 in a friendly there before we started in League One.

Woking is Hayes & Yeading's home ground now :ok. We host Gabala tomorrow night so unless they have a squad big enough for two sides I'd imagine they will make tons of changes throughout the game tonight which should help the unders.
ahhhhh, cheers Kev :ok I was hoping changes would take place, just cements my pick. Happy with it even more now, so :hope

If this West Brom squad info is correct' date=' Rochdale might well be good value at 4.0 on Betfair[/quote'] Apart from Bednar and Reid this is the same batch of players that played at Kidderminster last week winning 3-2. That was largely due to a superb individual hat-trick from Jemal Roofe. Harriers had plenty of opportunities to win the game and virtually put out a separate XI for the second half. Rochdale were 5/1 yesterday morning, which was superb value because they are supposedly playing a cohesive unit tonight in order to get nearer to a settled starting XI for the season proper. From their website: With only one further friendly after this match before we kick off our nPower League One Campaign at Sheffield Wednesday, this is a chance for the players to get that match sharpness and cement their places in Steve's starting 11 on Saturday 6th August. In my view Rochdale are still value at current prices.

Re: Club friendlies Tuesday 26 July 2011 Slight off-put by the poor recent result of last time out for Rochdale, and Steve Eyre was not happy at all about it. Remember the manager has left Rochdale and a large part of their over-achievement last season was down to the style of play, kept it tight and made themselves hard to beat. I suspect they will struggle this season; I do like the bet of both to score here.

Club Friendlies - Wednesday 27th July

Wednesday 27 July 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Columbus Crew v Newcastle United (00:30 BST) 3.6 3.48 2.22 101.56 %
maximize.gif Hertha BSC v Real Madrid (17:00 BST) 8.5 5.7 1.36 102.84 %
maximize.gif Kayserispor v Getafe (17:00 BST) 4 3.25 2.23 100.61 %
maximize.gif FC Utrecht v Málaga (18:00 BST) 3.38 3.38 2.25 103.62 %
maximize.gif NEC v Real Mallorca (18:00 BST) 3.3 3.4 2.1 107.33 %
maximize.gif Maracena UD v Granada CF (19:15 BST) 6.94 3.96 1.38 112.13 %
maximize.gif Cesena v Queens Park Rangers (19:30 BST) 2.2 3.4 2.7 111.90 %
maximize.gif Bury v Bolton Wanderers (19:45 BST) 6.25 4.45 1.5 105.14 %
maximize.gif Celtic v Wolverhampton Wanderers (19:45 BST) 2.2 3.4 3 108.20 %
maximize.gif Hull City v Bradford City (19:45 BST) 1.36 4.5 6 112.22 %
maximize.gif Rotherham United v Scunthorpe United (19:45 BST) 2.5 3.2 2.5 111.25 %
maximize.gif Southampton v West Bromwich Albion (19:45 BST) 3.2 3.55 2.1 107.04 %
maximize.gif Espanyol v Boca Juniors (20:30 BST) 2.44 3.4 2.75 106.76 %