World » Club Friendlies

Re: Club Friendlies - Saturday 30th July

Spurs team: Friedel, Corluka, Dawson, Kaboul, Assou-Ekotto, Lennon, Livermore, Jenas, Bale, VDV, Pavlyuchenko That's good enough for me, regardless of who is playing for Brighton (I don't know). Price has fallen a bit but still good IMO. Tottenham -1 (AH) @ 1.95 (Bet365) Relatively small stakes.
3-2 win final result, keeping up our good record in such friendlies. Bet was a push. Was being too greedy really with the -1 when there was not enough reason to warrant it, lesson learnt.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Club Friendlies - June/July Inter v Man City Inter Milan: Julio Cesar, Ranocchia, Chivu, Caldirola, Bianchetti, Alvarez, Sneijder, Pandev, Crisetig, Stankovic, Eto'o. Subs: Castellazzi, Santon, Samuel, Pazzini, Natalino, Muntari, Mariga, Faraoni, Castaignos, Orlandoni. Man City: Hart, Richards, Lescott, Kompany, Kolarov, Milner, Toure Yaya, Silva, De Jong, Dzeko, Balotelli. Subs: Taylor, Adam Johnson, Guidetti, Boyata, Barry, McGivern, Razak, Rekik, Roman, Scapuzzi, Wright-Phillips. Like most punters Im thinking Man City are putting out a stronger side than Inter, are much more advanced in their preparations for the new season, will be more motivated to get the win in advance of the season opener next week, and are a team generally going in the opposite direction to Inter. Plenty of Man City fans and UK bookies should be expecting a glut of loyalty money full of expectation for the coming season. The bookies know that, but the big hitters are still happy to offer top prices about City at around 5/4. Huge variation in the Inter prices available, and with the big bookies being shortest on them this suggests that at best prices there has to be some value about the italians, not to mention the draw is a big player. The bet: 0.6 points Draw at 3.47 1.4 points Inter at 3.6 (pinnaclesports)

Re: Club Friendlies - June/July

Inter v Man City Inter Milan: Julio Cesar, Ranocchia, Chivu, Caldirola, Bianchetti, Alvarez, Sneijder, Pandev, Crisetig, Stankovic, Eto'o. Subs: Castellazzi, Santon, Samuel, Pazzini, Natalino, Muntari, Mariga, Faraoni, Castaignos, Orlandoni. Man City: Hart, Richards, Lescott, Kompany, Kolarov, Milner, Toure Yaya, Silva, De Jong, Dzeko, Balotelli. Subs: Taylor, Adam Johnson, Guidetti, Boyata, Barry, McGivern, Razak, Rekik, Roman, Scapuzzi, Wright-Phillips. Like most punters Im thinking Man City are putting out a stronger side than Inter, are much more advanced in their preparations for the new season, will be more motivated to get the win in advance of the season opener next week, and are a team generally going in the opposite direction to Inter. Plenty of Man City fans and UK bookies should be expecting a glut of loyalty money full of expectation for the coming season. The bookies know that, but the big hitters are still happy to offer top prices about City at around 5/4. Huge variation in the Inter prices available, and with the big bookies being shortest on them this suggests that at best prices there has to be some value about the italians, not to mention the draw is a big player. The bet: 0.6 points Draw at 3.47 1.4 points Inter at 3.6 (pinnaclesports)
as you sad "Man City are putting out a stronger side than Inter" and after watching first 10 minute i took Man city + this game can easily be a 0 - 5 , 0 - 6

Re: Club Friendlies - June/July

Sport Football (Friendlies)
Event VÃ¥lerenga - Liverpool
Selection Liverpool -2.5 AH (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 01/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 3.10
Reasoning VÃ¥lerenga in middle of their season, so ofc in better shape. However formwise they are struggling - after losing to in the European Q at home in midweek, they got beaten by Molde away in Tippeliga. the European Q, return leg and the tight schedule will see the them rotate a lot of players. Liverpool lost 3-0 to Galatasaray, in their last friendly, their team was much weaker tho then the one they taken to Norway. They have a lot of fans here and with better squad against in trouble hosts, this could be big numbers.

Re: Club Friendlies

Event Ebbsfleet - Gillingham
Selection Ebbsfleet
Strength 10/10
Date 01/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 2.00
Reasoning Gillingham continues his preparation to the next season and we can't say things a going well. So far they played eight firendly games against weakest sides and they only could get a draw and a win. Ok, we are on pre season but the team is showing lack of level. The last defeat was on Saturday against Peterborough. Two days later, Gillingham will travel to Ebbsfleet and tomorrow they will play against Bly Spartans. To both games the manager Andy Hessenthaler already decide to preserve the main team, continue working with the first team players at home, and traveling with a youth team, with no preparation or experience. Ebbsefleet is a decent side from Blue Square Premier and facing Gillingham, from Division Two, will give them the necessary concentration and motivation to make serious this game. I am not seeing a youth side of Gillingham getting a positive result at Ebbsfleet and the odd is very good.

UK friendlies & Europe friendlies Tuesday 02 August 2011 :welcome:nana:welcome:nana:welcome:clap

Europe Friendlies
CSKA Sofia v Atromitos Athinon
Aris Salonika v Enosis Paralimni
HIK v Bronshoj BK
Hamburg v Valencia
Sporting Gijon v Valladolid
Werder Bremen v Everton
Marseille XI v Man Utd XI
Luton v Parma
UK Friendlies
Tranmere v Liverpool XI
Carshalton Ath v Charlton XI
Farnborough v Reading XI
Halifax v York
Hartlepool v Sunderland
Stalybridge v Chester
Corby v Stevenage
Altrincham v Barrow
Bromley v Crystal Palace XI
Crawley Town v QPR
Hinckley United v Kidderminster
Solihull v Birmingham XI
Stockport v Bolton XI
Sutton Utd v West Ham XI

Re: Club Friendlies - August Hamburg v Valencia Valencia AH(0) @2.025 with bet365 In their last pre-season game HSV will present the new selection to the fans. Imtech Arena will probably be full and set for a win tonight. But so were the fans at Estadio Jose Alvelade few days ago when Valencia demolished Sporting 3-0. Los Che showed they have no sentiments to the home teams in games like this. Germans won their DFB Pokal fixture against Oldenbrun on Saturday, following a friendly 4-0 win over Groningen in the middle of the last week. HSV in their earlier pre-season stage knocked out Bayern Muncih in the semi-final of the mini turney they had together with Bavarians, Mainz and Dortmund, to lose the final against Borussia later. As I've mentioned Bats won their friendly game against Sporting Lisbon. They have also recorded wins over Leicester (1-0) and PSV 2-0 and have been defeated in a shocking way by Rapid Wien (1-4). I think Spanyards have the class on their side with players like Mata, Soldado, Pablo plus the newcomers Piatti and Dani Parejo. Argentinian fitted perfectly in the team and has already scored his first goal. Canales also joined Valencia in the last week coming on-loan from Real Madrid but I have no information will he start tonight. It's a friendly game so I will give a try to Valencia with small stakes.

Re: Club Friendlies - August Werder Bremen v Everton Everton DNB @2.20 with bet365 The atmosphere in Bremen is not nice at all after the local team was defeated by the amateurs from Heidenheim in the 1st round of DFB Pokal. Their bus was attacked by angry fans. It seems that Werder can not overcome the bad season they had last year when they were involved in a relegation battle. Marko Marin who in my opinion was Werder's best player during the last season is the only hope for a good performance in the new season. Everon have a controversial pre season with 3 losses and 3 wins against inferior teams. With 10 days left to the start of the EPL I hope Toffees will take this game serious and will try to snatch a win against the shaky Werder Side. Small stakes again.

Re: Club Friendlies - August

Hamburg v Valencia Valencia AH(0) @2.025 with bet365 In their last pre-season game HSV will present the new selection to the fans. Imtech Arena will probably be full and set for a win tonight. But so were the fans at Estadio Jose Alvelade few days ago when Valencia demolished Sporting 3-0. Los Che showed they have no sentiments to the home teams in games like this. Germans won their DFB Pokal fixture against Oldenbrun on Saturday, following a friendly 4-0 win over Groningen in the middle of the last week. HSV in their earlier pre-season stage knocked out Bayern Muncih in the semi-final of the mini turney they had together with Bavarians, Mainz and Dortmund, to lose the final against Borussia later. As I've mentioned Bats won their friendly game against Sporting Lisbon. They have also recorded wins over Leicester (1-0) and PSV 2-0 and have been defeated in a shocking way by Rapid Wien (1-4). I think Spanyards have the class on their side with players like Mata, Soldado, Pablo plus the newcomers Piatti and Dani Parejo. Argentinian fitted perfectly in the team and has already scored his first goal. Canales also joined Valencia in the last week coming on-loan from Real Madrid but I have no information will he start tonight. It's a friendly game so I will give a try to Valencia with small stakes.
Bet won.
Werder Bremen v Everton Everton DNB @2.20 with bet365 The atmosphere in Bremen is not nice at all after the local team was defeated by the amateurs from Heidenheim in the 1st round of DFB Pokal. Their bus was attacked by angry fans. It seems that Werder can not overcome the bad season they had last year when they were involved in a relegation battle. Marko Marin who in my opinion was Werder's best player during the last season is the only hope for a good performance in the new season. Everon have a controversial pre season with 3 losses and 3 wins against inferior teams. With 10 days left to the start of the EPL I hope Toffees will take this game serious and will try to snatch a win against the shaky Werder Side. Small stakes again.
Bet lost

Event Sevilla vs Espanyol
Selection Over 2.5 Goals
Strength 10/10
Date 04/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.70
Reasoning Sevilla have gone over 2.5 goals in all 3 of their pre-season friendlies whereas Espanyol have gone over 2.5 goals in the only pre-season friendly that they have played. Both these teams are heavy scorers and with their defences having a hgh tendency to concede goals from time to time I expect to see goals in this game. This match will be a good and more accurate warm-up unlike their other friendlies before the La Liga begins.

Re: Club Friendlies - August Cadiz vs. Udinese Udinese play in yet another pre-season match tonight. They are playing in a trophy tournament held by Cadiz. Udinese went down against Nice in their last match 1-0. They weren't up to par but they had enough chances to at least score in the match - including Di Natale hitting the bar. It was an undesired result but I still like them as a team and they travel with a near full squad for this. I always prefer to back teams in the first match of these tournaments because it seems as though the players chosen tend to be stronger than in the second match. Cadiz are a second tier Spanish side - a decent one it seems. I know nothing more about them besides their standing. They have home advantage as such but I think Udinese should be too strong for a side of their level. Udinese win - 1.80 - 4 points - Bet365

Event Olympiakos - West Brom
Selection Olympiakos
Strength 10/10
Date 04/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 2.00
Reasoning Olympiakos Piraeus is returning home after the pre season tour he made on Holland. The expectation to see the Greek champion back to play in Greece and at home is big. The fanatic fans already started to mobilize and to see this friendly game around 20.000 fanatic supporters are expected. Olympiakos and West Brom are still on transfer market and they still haven't their squads finalized. Like this, both teams should present teams far from the real starting elevn that will debut on their own leagues. I think this will be a non interesting game in which too many experiences will be made but Olympiakos will be obligate to take the game seriously as their fanatics won't forgive them other atitude than the right atitude. Who seems to be uninterested of the game is West Brom, playing away and with more concern on rotate the team than in the result of the game.

maximize.gif Olympiacos v West Bromwich Albion (19:45 BST) 1.97 3.79 4.3 100.40 %
maximize.gif Cádiz v Udinese (21:00 BST) 4 3.6 1.96 103.76 %
maximize.gif Sevilla v Espanyol (21:00 BST) 1.63 4.05 5.54 103.98 %
Friday 5 August 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Manchester United v New York Cosmos (19:30 BST) 1.2 6.5 12 107.05 %
maximize.gif Everton v Villarreal (19:45 BST) 2.26 3.4 3.25 104.43 %
maximize.gif Bolton Wanderers v Levante UD (20:00 BST) 1.83 3.55 4.4 105.54 %

Event Sevilla vs Espanyol
Selection Over 2.5 Goals
Strength 10/10
Date 04/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.70
Reasoning Sevilla have gone over 2.5 goals in all 3 of their pre-season friendlies whereas Espanyol have gone over 2.5 goals in the only pre-season friendly that they have played. Both these teams are heavy scorers and with their defences having a hgh tendency to concede goals from time to time I expect to see goals in this game. This match will be a good and more accurate warm-up unlike their other friendlies before the La Liga begins.
Woop Woop, Another Over 2.5 Goals game! :beer

Event Ferreira - Gijon
Selection Ferreira DNB (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 05/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price 188bet @ 2.28
Reasoning So far Gijon didn't lost any of the five friendly games they played. They draw the first three games with Langreo, Ponferradina and Marino, and they won the last two against Salamanca and Valladolid. They are doing experiences on every games but the results are good so far. Today is expected to play with the a second line team as tomorrow they have a much more competitive game in Vigo where they should present the best line. Paços Ferreira is a very competitive team and i expect them to get a good result today.

Event Everton - Villarreal
Selection Villarreal
Strength 10/10
Date 05/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.85
Reasoning This will be a interesting friendly game between two well known teams. On two weeks Villarreal will have a serious game on the preliminary round of the Champions League when they will face Odense. It is time to take this game seriously. Like this, and facing this quality opponent, Villarreal will take this game as a real serious test and probably they will put his best starting eleven on this game. Villarreal has a very good team with very good players like Giuseppe Rossi, Cazorla, Cani, Bruno and Borja Valero. They can be a very dangerous team. Everton didn't signed any brilliant star and with no stars to present, they will promote many young players who should play tonight at goodison Park. Youngs like Ross Barkley, Apostolos Vellios, Conor McAleny and Magaye Guey can have their test but i am not seeing them stpoing this powerful Villarreal who has great chances of winning.

Event Rangers vs Chelsea
Selection Chelsea
Strength 10/10
Date 06/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.72
Reasoning This will be the final friendly for Chelsea. Rangers have had their SPL match postponed because of this match. Rangers also just recently crashed out of the Champions league. All that said morale should be low at the Rangers camp. I was happy with the way Chelsea played in their last friendly match against Aston Villa where they ran out 2-0 winners. Everything considered, I feel Chelsea should be the fresher of the two teams and should win this match.

Event Tianjin Teda vs Real Madrid
Selection Real Madrid (-3.0 EH)
Strength 5/10
Date 06/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 2.60
Reasoning Real Madrid absolutely trashed their opponents 7-1 in their last game (the first one played in asia) and I feel they can repeat the feat easily again. This bet requires Real Madrid to win by 4 goals or more, it is a pity I couldn't find anything for them to win by 3 goals or more. Nevertheless I do not see this bet as something that is out of their reach. Will approach this bet with medium-ish stakes, hopefully it comes in.

Event Liverpool vs Valencia
Selection Double Chance - Valencia or Draw
Strength 10/10
Date 06/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Victor Chandler @ 1.80
Reasoning Ridiculous price on offer here for Valencia to grab at least a draw in this game. Liverpool have been really unimpressive in all of their pre-season games. In their las pre-season game they drew 3-3 with Valerenga and lost the two previous games 3-0 3-0. Valencia on the other hand have won 4 out of their 5 pre-season games including the last two games with the scores 1-2 and 0-3. I feel the Valencia team should continue to cause more problems for Liverpool who look like they have yet to have found their winning strategy in the pre-season games.

Event Benfica vs Arsenal
Selection Benfica DNB
Strength 10/10
Date 06/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 1.66
Reasoning Arsenal's pre-season friendly matches have been far from impressive with their defense leaking goals left right and center. I genuinely feel there is some value to be had with backing the home team Benfica in this fixture.

Re: Club Friendlies - August hibernian vs Sunderland 10/11 Hibs are not a good team at the moment and struggle to score goals. Sunderland being a premier leugue team will outclass hibs and at 10/11 this is a brilliant bet imo. kilmarnock v blackburn 10/11 Again same resoning, bookies giving massive odds for a not bad BPL team to beat bottom end SPL team? at 10/11 cant miss this! :cigar Weekend Bet: Trixie sunderland, blackburn and east fife £20 returns £90

Event Tottenham Hotspur v Athletic Bilbao
Selection Over 2.5 Goals
Strength 10/10
Date 06/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Unibet @ 1.68
Reasoning The last time Tottenham played in a friendly they won the fixture 3-2. This will be the last pre-season friendly that Tottenham play before the start of the season. In their last match where they won 3-2 vs Brighton they conceded two goals and this will allow Bilbao to believe that they too stand a chance of scoring. Tottenham's pre-season record coming into this match is 2W 1D 1L. I expect Tottenham to win in front of a packed crowd and for the game to have no shortage of goals.

Re: Club Friendlies - August Not bad winning 4 out of 5 bets yesterday! :beer Now onto today's bets...

Event Napoli vs Sevilla
Selection Sevilla
Strength 10/10
Date 07/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Betfred @ 3.25
Reasoning Insane price on Sevilla to win this match! They come into this match having won all 3 of their friendly games 0-3, 1-4 and the most recent one vs Espanyol 5-0. On the other hand, Napoli have only played one friendly and they drew 1-1 versus Penarol. Given the form and taking into consideration that Sevilla are better prepared fitness wise than Napoli having played more friendlies, at this huge price going to back them to win this match. Another bet worth taking is the Over 2.5 goals @ evens at most places. Like I have said before Sevilla's pre-season games all have gone over 2.5 goals and I see no why there should be an exception for this match.

Event Wigan - Villarreal
Selection Villarreal
Strength 10/10
Date 07/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 2.38
Reasoning This will be friendly match who will be playing at The DW Stadu, Wigan. Both teams are preparing to the new season. Wigan did not played against strong teams so far in their training camp this will be last match for that club before start of new season but they will be without Nzogbia who was sold to Aston Villa for 10 milllion pounds. On the other nad Villareal are producing very good training camp they defeated Everton just few days ago 0-1 ag Goodison park, they defeated SS Lazio 3-1, so this team with Rossi, Nilmar ahead of their offense seems to be very strong. Villareal will play champions league while Wigan will try to keep their place in Prmeir League so this is the difference between these clubs and I expect another good Villareal game today.

Event Napoli - Sevilla
Selection over 2.5
Strength 10/10
Date 07/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 2.02
Reasoning Another friendly match we have today against two teams are very close to end of their trainging camp. Napoli did not do so well in training camp they lose against other spanish club Villareal 3-1 but this time they are host side, they can use Kavani, Hamsik and this should be tough match because they are playing against one of strong Spain club's Sevilla who are still unbeaten this summer at training camp. Just few days ago Sevilla won 5-0 against other strong spanish club Espanyol. Sevilla recoded four over of four matches this summer they scored at least three goals in all that matches, today they will face third placed team in Italy who will play champions league group stage this game I think will be with more goals.

Not bad winning 4 out of 5 bets yesterday! :beer Now onto today's bets...
Event Napoli vs Sevilla
Selection Sevilla
Strength 10/10
Date 07/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Betfred @ 3.25
Reasoning Insane price on Sevilla to win this match! They come into this match having won all 3 of their friendly games 0-3, 1-4 and the most recent one vs Espanyol 5-0. On the other hand, Napoli have only played one friendly and they drew 1-1 versus Penarol. Given the form and taking into consideration that Sevilla are better prepared fitness wise than Napoli having played more friendlies, at this huge price going to back them to win this match. Another bet worth taking is the Over 2.5 goals @ evens at most places. Like I have said before Sevilla's pre-season games all have gone over 2.5 goals and I see no why there should be an exception for this match.
Won with ease :beer Game got a bit dodgy in the last 10-ish minutes with 3 red cards being issued, but there was only going to be one winner in this match! Hope some of you if not someone followed and got on at this ridiculous price like I did. Also like I mentioned, Over 2.5 Goals @ evens came in as well maintaining the 100% Over 2.5 Goals trend for Sevilla in pre-season. :ok