World Cup Qualifiers 10/11 October 2009

Re: World Cup Qualifiers 10th October 2009 I am a bit wary of placing any bets on teams that have little motivation, especially playing against teams that have a lot of motivation! Ukraine v England Of course England has a lot more quality than Ukraine in many areas of pitch, but I don't know how attack will function without Defoe since he has looked great for England - now Heskey has a bit of extra pressure and the poor guy tries harder than anybody but the goals just aren't happening. Probably England will rely on Rooney and Lampard to score. The squad that has been named looks strong but I don't know how much motivation England really has, even though Capello talks tough, the players have nothing to play for, sure they want to impress the coach to get in the team for south africa but for example if they play good against Belarus and Ukraine but dont play well in the rest of the whole season does anybody think they will be selected for the national team for WC2010? I don't think so. England STILL looks a little vulnerable in defence when Glen Johnson goes exploring and I'm not convinced by Ferdinand yet. So already there are some question marks on England. If England has something to play for, I will definitely back England - but they don't. And not only that, UKRAINE has EVERYTHING to play for! If they can score 1 goal against England (mistake, own goal, penalty whatever), they can adopt bunker and go nuts on defence for the rest of the game. Sure Sheva is a little past it but he's still Sheva and still a threat. many players from dinamo kyiv in this team and they performed well against barcelona, they will be extra motivated for the national squad = and they know that croatia have no eduardo and no modric, the kazakh game is looking more tricky than ever! Ukraine could well win this and you know I don't think they are going to lose to England at home - because even when England was very motivated to win at Wembley they struggled to break a tidy Ukraine down, I can imagine Ukraine to be even stronger at home, despite the poor draw with belarus. All in all, England might well win, but its possible that Ukraine can also win, and also a draw is possible, in my opinon. We know that motivation is so important in these type of games. Ukraine = VERY motivated England = little or no motivation. This makes for a risky bet in my opinion, despite the great odds I can't see England putting in a lung-busting display to smash Ukraine like they did against Croatia. Russia v Germany Russia - home advantage, artificial turf Germany - misfiring attack Sure both teams are motivated but this game could be a tricky and just screams score draw to me! I can't see the Russians not scoring at home (especially now ARSHAVIN back to form, what a great player), and yet I can't see the German attack pounding the Russians (Gomez who knows where that guy's head is these days, Klose still struggling with match fitness and form - is Kuranyi in the team?), and Ballack hasn't looked influential for Chelsea at all this year. Both teams really motivated, if anything I would take both teams to score, but really can't see a 1x2 result here. Just wanted to give fellow punters some less excitable, unbiased thoughts before making betting decisions. we are all here to make profits and risky bets put that in danger. for me both Ukraine v England and Russia v Germany are risky in terms of match result betting. I would go for both teams to score in each one instead.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: World Cup Qualifiers 10th October 2009 hi all first post i think but just thought i'd mention a little flutter i've got on this weekend montenegro to beat georgia @ 1.65 slovakia to beat @ 2.12 russia and germany to draw @ 3.31 £3 bet to win £33 i love reading all the opinions on here by different people with different knowledge. personally i wouldn't dream of betting on international week but bugger it, gotta be in it to win it! :-)

Re: World Cup Qualifiers 10th October 2009 Russia v Germany - Russia @ 6/4 SJ A must win for Russia here really, Germany get a draw then they only need to beat Finland at home to finishing as group winners, its often hard to go away from home knowing you only need a point, Russia of all places can often be tough for away teams, these two have pretty much dominated the group but just like Germany saw off Russia with home advantage I expect the Russians to do the same. France v Faroe Islands - Draw @ 71.00 Betfair (£5223 to back) 70/1 for the Faroe's to park the bus and get lucky, I'll have some of that. France should win this pretty easily but funny things can happen in Football and you get days where you fail to find the net, I don't see the Faroe's doing much attacking here but 2 points on the draw is worth a chance. Or if you prefer 2 points on 0-0 @ 109/1 betfair.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers 10th October 2009

France v Faroe Islands - Draw @ 71.00 Betfair (£5223 to back) 70/1 for the Faroe's to park the bus and get lucky, I'll have some of that. France should win this pretty easily but funny things can happen in Football and you get days where you fail to find the net, I don't see the Faroe's doing much attacking here but 2 points on the draw is worth a chance. Or if you prefer 2 points on 0-0 @ 109/1 betfair.
Nice :ok Know it's a friendly, but is anyone looking at Japan @ 1.75 to beat a ridiculously under-strength Scotland? Japan seem like a team capable of goals too, so I'd imagine a handicap could be on as well.

Nice :ok Know it's a friendly, but is anyone looking at Japan @ 1.75 to beat a ridiculously under-strength Scotland? Japan seem like a team capable of goals too, so I'd imagine a handicap could be on as well.
Yes. Japan have had some impressive results in Friendlies, and Scotland are on a bit of a low point. Lots of injuries. Crashing out of the World cup again.

I am a bit wary of placing any bets on teams that have little motivation, especially playing against teams that have a lot of motivation! Ukraine v England
But then sides that have everything to lose, like Ukraine, can get nervous, and their last result, a disappointing draw in Belarus, suggests, mentally, they're perhaps not up to it when it really counts. Maybe this game will come down to who comes on at half-time, if Don Fabio decides to give others a game, as, personally, I would expect a full-strength England to cause Ukraine a lot of problems. It's a shame were not a little more corrupt, as I think it would be quite smart for us to strategically eliminate the Croats :tongue2

Russia v Germany - Russia @ 6/4 SJ A must win for Russia here really, Germany get a draw then they only need to beat Finland at home to finishing as group winners, its often hard to go away from home knowing you only need a point, Russia of all places can often be tough for away teams, these two have pretty much dominated the group but just like Germany saw off Russia with home advantage I expect the Russians to do the same
Russia DNB @ 1.80 (Skybet) not a safer option?

Re: World Cup Qualifiers 10th October 2009 Im looking at placing good money on Italy. 11/8 with some bookies. My reasons are, although Ireland are nowhere near pushovers and strong on home soil, this is where the italians are strong. They dig deep and are a big tournament nation. Ireland lost some creativity which will be needed to break any italian defence in damien duff today. Perhaps a double with the Czechs? £10 pays £34 with totesport

Heres my point of view for Ukraine v.s. England, Team No 1 v.s. Team No 3

When i first looked at this looked at this match up, the first thing that came to my mind was the amount of motivation that both teams will be bringing. To be honest, England doesn’t have much to earn by winning this game. Instead, they may be handing Croatia a world cup placing if they were to defeat Ukraine. However, Capello has already made it clear that this will not just be another match to be taken lightly. The strongest first 11 will be named.

England to nick their 9th victory?

To be honest, it is very difficult to tell apart the quality between the two of these teams. Jermaine Defoe will not be playing at all and the rest of the strikers(except Rooney) are not looking impressive at all. Joleon Lescott and Paul Robinson have both pulled out of the world cup qualifiers as well. On paper, England has a very strong team and even their reserves seem to have no problem thrashing Ukraine. However, if we look at the most recent England Ukraine match in Wembley, the situation is extremely different. It took a John Terry late captain goal to seal the victory for England. Ukraine had little ambition of winning and England had difficulties trying to open up the game.England had 59% of overall possession but Ukraine still manage to nick an equalizer from a corner kick. However, at the Dnipro Stadium, the situation will be completely different.

Ukraine to beat Croatia’s table enemy?

In history, Ukraine has lost all 3 matches when they faced England. Needless to say, their tactics will be the same as the one they stuck to at the Wembley stadium, tire out all the English players and try to score an equalizer. I think the expectation of Ukraine will be them attacking right from the blow of the whistle. However, i beg to differ. Ukraine knows the potency of England’s offence and they will be cautious not to concede any goals, knowing that catching up will be very difficult later on. With the support of the home fans, they will be extremely motivated to perform well in this match. In fact, they might be trying to contain possession and make England chase for the ball. Match Verdict

I think its ridiculous to back Ukraine just because England has qualified and they will be unmotivated to defeat Ukraine. In fact, England has a lot of quality players who knows the immense competition within the team and they will off loaded if they don’t perform against Ukraine. For instance, if Wayne Rooney doesn’t perform well, he can be quickly replaced by Jermaine Defoe(injured), Carlton Cole, Peter Crouch and even Agbonlahor. So where does the motivation theory comes in?

Another factor to consider will be whether England wants Croatia or Ukraine to qualify. To be honest from England’s point of view, it does not really matter whether Croatia or Ukraine qualifies. There are stronger opponents out there and what matters the most will be the momentum of the team. Imagine, if England were to lose to Ukraine on purpose and there is a strain in momentum, it will ultimately benefit stronger teams in other groups like Germany and Brazil.Besides, who in the right frame of mind will travel all the long way to Ukraine and think about losing?

However, with that said, England at times loses concentration while playing the game. They tend to lower their guard and concede when the opponent starts to put pressure on goal.

With all the pointers mentioned, I will put my money on,

• Draw at half time(Ukraine will be defending for their lives while waiting for England to let their guard down)
  • England to win FT, Draw no bet(It is extremely plausible that England will concede tonight and whether they are capable of defending well is a big question mark. However, their amazing offence capability should be noted)

Im looking at placing good money on Italy. 11/8 with some bookies. My reasons are, although Ireland are nowhere near pushovers and strong on home soil, this is where the italians are strong. They dig deep and are a big tournament nation. Ireland lost some creativity which will be needed to break any italian defence in damien duff today. Perhaps a double with the Czechs? £10 pays £34 with totesport
Agree. Ireland are complete dog turd at Croke Park and are without Gibson and most likely Duff. Still, even if Ireland were full strength I would back Italy to do a job on them.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers 10th October 2009 Hmm, I will certainly have a long hard think before I back Italy to win here. Lippi has finally opened his eyes - at least just a little bit - and will drop the loathed 4-3-3 for this match. He has said he will try the ever popular 4-2-3-1. This is a step in the right direction, but the only area that really inspires confidence in me is Palombo and De Rossi holding the midfield. I look forward to seeing them play together like that. Pirlo again with be the trequartista, which is yet to convince me, although it makes more sense him being further upfield. Alongside him will be Laquinta and Camoranesi which makes me want to puke. Laquinta has been playing well as a STRIKER and I would never want to see him in a role that screams for deft touch and creativity. I dont wish to say too much about Mauro as in my eyes he shouldnt even be playing. Defence should be solid enough i suppose, although as individuals, Zambrotta and Legrottaglie have been shakey. The formation looks better suited, but it is the team selection again that has me wanting to cry. Where is the dynamism, pace and creativity? I can think of at least 4 or 5 players I would remove. There is not doubt in my mind Italy are far superior, but I would be shocked if they put on a real performance, beyond just getting the job done. The players simply arent there to go out and rip a team like Ireland apart. Italy will amble along and may well struggle at times if Ireland come at them. I of course will back Italy in some capacity as the nature of this team seems to be getting the job done, but I dont expect it to be pretty. WAKE UP LIPPI!

Re: World Cup Qualifiers 10th October 2009 HUNGARY: just too big at 24s (Betfair) as Portugal are plainly finished and over-rated. Reminds me of Zurich (18/1) at AC last week. SLOVAKIA V SLOVENIA: Draw, likely carve up at 2.8. Slovenia cannot really win the group and a draw suits both at this stage. DENMARK V SWEDEN: Draw at 11/5. These guys helped each other out 2-2 to send Italy home. If its drawing at 80 mins they will play it out for sure.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers 10th October 2009 Mulling over a couple of bets in the qualifying card this weekend: Montenegro v Georgia - Draw (11/4) The odds on a Montenegro win are absurdly low, and I don't know why they are dropping. Does no-one realise that they haven't managed to win a single qualification game in eight attempts? Last time around, they were held to a 1-1 draw at home by Cyprus in which they only scored through a penalty. Four days earlier, they were thumped 4-1 in Bulgaria. How can anyone back a side in this form at odds-on? Granted, Georgia's campaign has been something of a damp squib, but they've hardly been whipping boys - they were highly unfortunate away to Ireland when they led 1-0 for 70 minutes before a controversial penalty proved the turning point in a 2-1 defeat. When the sides met in Tbilisi in April, they played out a goalless draw, and I would expect another stalemate this time around. A price of 11/4 looks too big; there's certainly no value in the home win. Slovakia v Slovenia - Draw (13/8) When the draw was made, who would have thought this meeting between the fourth and fifth-seeded sides would prove decisive in qualification from Group 3? The similarly-named countries which confused a certain George Walker Bush have overcome their lowly ranking and are now in pole position to finish as the top two sides in the group. It's somewhat unusual to see a draw priced lower than 2/1 in qualification, but there's a good reason for this. A point guarantees that Slovakia will win the group and thus automatically qualify for their first ever major finals. It would also take Slovenia to 15 points with the prospect of San Marino four days later representing a guaranteed three points. That would give the Slovenes a total of 18 points which can, in theory, be matched by Czech Republic who face Poland and Northern Ireland at home in their last two home games. In the first place, though, I would be surprised if the Czechs won both games; they lost to Poland earlier in the campaign and only drew with Northern Ireland. Even if they managed to accumulate six points from these games, Slovenia's last-day meeting against San Marino sets them in good stead to rack up a decisive goal difference advantage. With this in mind, you would think Slovakia would be ecstatic with a draw and Slovenia would be very satisfied too.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers 10th October 2009 i fully agree with anyone backin italy i have taken them at 7/5 in boyles reasoning: 1) italy are world champions therefore such a talented and experienced team wont be intimidated with an 80,000 sell out in croke park, players of such talent usually relish these occasions 2)in my opinion what i have seen of ireland damien duff and robbie keane are there only players who can cut open and penetrate other teams and with duff out i believe thats of huge significance to irelands attacking strengths 3) the last time these two teams played italy had a man sent off and still ireland didnt have enough firepower to beat them one word of caution though italy only have to draw this game to qualify so my bet for this game will be italy to win dnb gl all

HUNGARY: just too big at 24s (Betfair) as Portugal are plainly finished and over-rated. Reminds me of Zurich (18/1) at AC last week. SLOVAKIA V SLOVENIA: Draw, likely carve up at 2.8. Slovenia cannot really win the group and a draw suits both at this stage. DENMARK V SWEDEN: Draw at 11/5. These guys helped each other out 2-2 to send Italy home. If its drawing at 80 mins they will play it out for sure.
I´m with you on your first bet, have no opinion about your second, but your third one is simply false. The reason is that if Sweden beats Denmark with only a goal we´ll end up with the same points and the same goal-difference, or whatever you call it in English?, if Sweden beats them with two, well you do the math. And given that FIFA are a bunch of cheaters working for the big countries and big bucks, they´ve decided that all the less-seeded seconds in the european groups will play the higher seeded seconds, instead of deciding something reasonable like that the seconds with the most points will play the seconds with the least points or something... To not go off-topic, being second, as Sweden might, only might, end up if they draw with the Danes, would mean that they would have to play maybe Germany, France, etc. in two play-off games, no fun at all. Thing is though, that it´s unlikely that Sweden would even make it to a play-off with a draw, since Portugal have scored two more goals than Sweden already and will play Malta in their last game, at home, and would en up with the same amount of points as Sweden, thus kicking Sweden out of the World Cup, unless Sweden wins with a shitload of goals against the well-defending albanians at home, very unlikely. As for Denmark they have reasons to win too. Because first, it´s a "nordic-derby" which is enough motivation in itself, second they´re playing Hungary at home in their last game, and by no-means will that be a walk-over, might even be a draw or a loss, and the Danes might loose that first place in the group, probably to Sweden but maybe even to Portugal. Hey, they might even loose the second and third position and end up fourth in the group, so do some reading and some maths before you come in here posting stupidities. As for the game, I´m Swedish and I´m ******* nervous! Both teams are equally good, Sweden a bit better and we were unlucky to loose against the Danes in our last game. My head says a draw or maybe even a Swedish win, however, everything is possible, and I wouldn´t bet on it unless I was Swedish or Danish...

Re: World Cup Qualifiers 10th October 2009 Unfortunatley i cant see us winning this one. Trappatoni will play for the draw here. As i type this, Trap is only thinking about who we will face in the play-offs and a point against Italy is all he wants. He will again employ Whelan and Andrews in midfield to protect the back four and act as water carriers to Hunt and Mceady on the wings to cross for Doyle upfront. There is no plan B. The problem here is that both Andrews and Whelan are totally out of their depth and will give the ball as much to the Italians as to our wingers which means that again Ireland will spend 70% of the game chasing back the ball from the likes of Pirlo and Cameronisi! We will not play the ball out of defence ,instead .O'shea ,Kelly, St Ledger etc will be hoofing high balls up to Doyle and Keane which the Italians should defend all day long. If Trap wanted to play football and beat Italy he would play Andy Reid as a playmaker and lynchpin and play passing football but he has no confidence in this type of thing. To conclude, we may score from set- pieces,corners etc and will be looking to do so especially in the second half. The lads will get chances and scrap ,chase ,kick and throw bodies in front of the ball but Italy will have all the possesion. Its debatable if Italy can convert possesion into chances or goals though and whether or not they even want to. Prediction 0-0 or 1-1

Re: World Cup Qualifiers 10th October 2009 FIFA.com, Wednesday 7 October 2009 Zabaleta injury blow for Argentina Pablo Zabaleta will miss Argentina's upcoming 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africaâ„¢ qualifiers with Peru and Uruguay through injury. The Manchester City defender suffered a hamstring injury in Monday's 1-1 draw with Aston Villa and has been ruled out of the crucial qualifiers on Saturday and the following Wednesday. "It is not a major injury, but I am not likely to be able to play. Sometimes, it is down to luck," Zabaleta told Ole newspaper. "I usually don't have these problems, but it is frustrating for me. There is nothing I can do." Maradona, who is not expected to call up a replacement for Zabaleta, is reportedly unhappy with City coach Mark Hughes for fielding Zabaleta and compatriot Carlos Tevez in Monday's game, feeling the duo should have instead linked up with the national squad that day. But Zabaleta claimed Hughes was within his rights to play Tevez and himself. He said: "The national team staff did their best, but the club wanted Tevez and I to play and we had to. There was nothing we could do."

Re: World Cup Qualifiers 10th October 2009 Smelling another draw at Scandinavian derby, Denmark-Sweden. Or Sweden not to loose. Two friendly teams will try to help each other again (remember Euro Championship game finished 2-2, and it was the only result that suited both sides). With one point from this game Denmark will win the group, and Sweden is hosting Albania in last round. Montenegro to get their first win in official matches. It's very important for FA of Montenegro to finally win, and they will try to do it - one way or another.I don't care too much about line-ups, that won't be a decisive factor in this game. I also decided to support Ukraine. England squad looks great, but the question is who will start the game. It's always hard to play in Eastern Europe, especially in situation like this, when motivation is strongly at home side. Except pride, England have nothing to fight for, and I doubt they will push too hard and risk potential injuries in front of important league competition and CL games. Slovenia not to loose at Slovakia. Both teams needs a single point to be satisfied, Slovakia will win the group and Slovenia have easy match vs San Marino in last round. Greece also have to win. Great pressure as always when playing in Athens, packed stadium, loud supporters, big Greeks influence in Uefa... I don't think that Latvian team is ready to cope with that. Looking at the tables and fixtures, it's hard to see Turkey, Czech and Portugal catching the second place in their groups. Beside that, Turkey and Portugal will know the results of their direct opponents before they start to play what makes this games clear no-bet for me. Bosnia could win at Estonia, but due to much better goal difference (+10) and 4 points advance over Turkey, it won't be neccessary, single point will suit them, and again no bet. And in despite of good results of Bosnia in this qualifications I don't rate them as team which could easily win away games. combo: Mexico Argentina Cameroon Tunisia Nigeria Greece

Re: World Cup Qualifiers 10th October 2009 My picks for the WC Qualifiers, Europe. Estonia v BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA Pick: BOSNIA to win, away. Reasoning: (1) This is the most important game for Bosnia. All the matches come down to this one and they MUST beat Estonia to make sure they qualify, otherwise Turkey can sneak in and break their hearts! (2) The Bosnian football story is one we can admire, with a team that didn't have much experience internationally, with the coach Blazevic (Croatia WC '98 3rd place) they have turned into a great team. Everybody is talking about Edin Dzeko, Zvezdjan Misimovic and Vedad Ibisevic, and it is these three who will take Bosnia forward! (3) The team is very motivated to win this game, its very high-profile in Bosnia and the whole nation is willing them forward to the World Cup. (4) They actually beat Estonia 7-0 in earlier qualifying, and that was without a couple of first team players who were out, so even though they won't repeat the scoreline, I think Bosnia will still win, if not 2 or 3-0 (Estonia is strong at home) then by one goal is enough! CZECH REPUBLIC v Poland Pick: CZECH, home win Reasoning: (1) hugely important game for Czech Republic, if they can beat Poland they are well on their way to a playoff spot! The whole country is motivated to win, the fans will pack the stadium and shout themselves silly to support the Czechs going forward! (2) Psychologically Hasek has come at the right time and his appointment shows that the FA takes this campaign very seriously, Czech must qualify for WC, it is the priority. Also, famous coach Bruckner who managed star great Czech team of late 1990's and early 2000's is on as a consultant, he is very respected by the players and they are motivated to win this game (3) Czech played indifferent in the earlier games but there were a lot of problems with FA and with the coach and especially with most important player Rosicky missing as well as Baros - he missed six games in qualifying but he played the last two and scored four, so he's back! Rosicky played great for Arsenal so far and will only look to do better for the national team (4) Poland is having a lot of problems right now - with the coach fired, with the FA in chaos about the likely failure to qualify, and the team just doesn't look like the stronger Poland of 2002 WC and 2006 WC, the team is having a lot of changes and it's hard to adapt, many Polish players don't even play first team in their clubs in Europe so a little lack of match fitness, some players are playing out of position and look uncomfortable, there is no star player that can really drive the team forward, and forwards look ok in Polish league but unproven internationally. Poland seems to have really given up on this game and is looking to more get ready and fix the problems so they can qualify for EC 2012. Czech on the other hand is ultra motivated. SERBIA v Romania Pick: SERBIA, home win. Reasoning: (1) Romania in crisis, Mutu is playing pretty bad ( I bet on Fiorentina a few times and he really let me down >

Mulling over a couple of bets in the qualifying card this weekend: Montenegro v Georgia - Draw (11/4) The odds on a Montenegro win are absurdly low, and I don't know why they are dropping. Does no-one realise that they haven't managed to win a single qualification game in eight attempts? Last time around, they were held to a 1-1 draw at home by Cyprus in which they only scored through a penalty. Four days earlier, they were thumped 4-1 in Bulgaria. How can anyone back a side in this form at odds-on? Granted, Georgia's campaign has been something of a damp squib, but they've hardly been whipping boys - they were highly unfortunate away to Ireland when they led 1-0 for 70 minutes before a controversial penalty proved the turning point in a 2-1 defeat. When the sides met in Tbilisi in April, they played out a goalless draw, and I would expect another stalemate this time around. A price of 11/4 looks too big; there's certainly no value in the home win.
I think it has to do with fact that our team has several known names in the squad, first of all, Fiorentina's Jovetic, who is giving excellent play to Fiorentina recently, you might still remember his two goal against Liverpool; there is Sporting Lisboa's Vukcevic, too, while Roma's Vucinic will miss these two matches due to injury. Anyway, a group of good players, but it seems now coach does not know how to pull maximum out of them; prior to previous session, with Bulgaria and Cyprus, atmosphere in the squad was great, everyone expected at least one win out of those two matches (and in fact that was the goal in this qualifying group, as it was not serious to expect more from the newcomers in this stage), but unlucky defeat by Bulgaria (Montenegro took a lead 1-0, and then conceded unlucky equalizer in injury time of first half, and those goals completely disturb unexperienced teams) completely destroyed self confidence of our guys, so draw with Cyprus was a pitty game not to suffer another loss... As I said, squad of names who can compete with all teams in the group, and therefore such a low odds - if Jovetic again has his fancy day as against Liverpool, Montenegro will be flying high, but that's "if"... and coach Filipovic is now under pressure to bring the first win, does not have support of public as before (several polls in local forums and TV shows recently showed that as much as 80% of voters think he should be replaced, and probably will be if we remain winless after this session), atmosphere in squad is not great and optimistic anymore, captain Vucinic is out, must-win pressure is never good motivation, so I agree with you - I'd rather lay Montenegro.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers 10th October 2009 SLOVAKIA V SLOVENIA Hi guys, can someone confirm the situation in this group? Is it true that if slovenia and czech finish on same points then slovenia would go through due to better results versus the bigger teams! Or does someone know what the exact rule is when teams are tied? If it's a case that both will quailfy with a draw i will be having a sizeable bet on this!!!

SLOVAKIA V SLOVENIA
I saw first match in Maribor and Slovakia was really dangerus in left side where we had Ilič. Hamsik is in top form right now and this is mean big trouble for slovenian defence. Poland Slovenia 1:1 Czech Republic Slovenia 1:0 Northern Ireland Slovenia 1:0 Slovenia got just a point in hosts and this is not good. But now they have deferent tactics. They must attack if they want to win. Novakovic is not in best form, but we have still other good players. I really like DNB Slovenia 3,00 on bet365 or over 2,25

Latest rumours from Ukraine. Ukrainian national team ( incl. all players and coaches) will be awarded 1 million dollars if they beat England and finish second in our group.
It really is a sad indictment of Eastern European football and culture when teams are often motivated by substantial match bonuses.

It really is a sad indictment of Eastern European football and culture when teams are often motivated by substantial match bonuses.
With what else they should be motivated? Apples, bread, clothes, vodka...? Those days are over. Didn't hear that Western Europeans receive their salaries and bonuses in anything but c.a.s.h.

So it's ok when players in EPL get 100.000 a week salary,yes?most of the players in estern Europe would be happy to get such money in a year not in just 1 week.No mate,you are sad with all your overpaid players,some of them don't even come out on the pitch.I'm sure everyone would be motivated with 50.000 - 100.000 quid a week,eh?

Re: World Cup Qualifiers 10th October 2009 The problem is football is not sport anymore,for most players it's just a job.I'm afraid those days are gone when every football player was proud to play for his country.This days players got paid too much money by football clubs and don't even want to play for their national teams for free anymore...or afraid to get injured or some clubs don't even want to release players for international duties.Football is a dirty business.