** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

World Cup Qualifiers 10/11 October 2009

Re: World Cup Qualifiers 10th October 2009

Finland to beat Wales and Turkey to beat Belgium would be my best picks right now. Obviously best to wait for team news first. Both Belgium and Wales are playing poor football and spectacularly spiralling out of the World Cup with a whimper. Wales have only managed to beat Liechenstein and Ajerbaijan in this group. Finland beat them 2-0 in Cardiff, so I'd give them the edge. Turkey lost their last two against Spain, but are still ahead of Belguim. Belgium have lost their last three in a row now.
Jase, we got lots of injuries and Fatih Terim has told that today we gonna play 2 matches. One of them is Estonia and the other is Belgium. We got a low morale because we have to wait Bosnia to lose points in the next 2 matches. I think our chance is very low after getting a draw against Bosnia. Also Fatih Terim stated that he will quit after qualifing round. (i think %80 will quit). If today bosnia lost a point to estonia, we can grab all 3 points. But if not, our win will be meaningless. İts all about the match that will start before our match against Belgium. Cheers. :ok

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@blackcrow basically agree on bosnia bet, but the truth is we haven't seen them in such a situation under pressure yet. nor we have seen them play so far up north, if it matters anyway. france under is a value bet of the day, got that right. must be taken for small stakes.
I have seen them under pressure :) against us. They didn't play good and we were the better side but after an stupid foul call they scored from direct kick. We lost many chances and can not past the post. They are playing very good contra attack but i dont see Bosnia can easily beat Estonia. Estonia played good in istanbul and found 2 goals. But ı will back estonia +1 with handicap. GL.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers 10th October 2009 Sweden Denmark I've read some fairly ludicrous remarks on this match. There are 1-2 post from locals but none seems to have taken them into account...so here is another one... A draw is not good enough for Sweden vs Denmark. If Portugal win (not a certainty but still) they have San Marino in last round and they can score the goals needed to beat Sweden in goal difference for the 2nd spot. This is a must win game for Sweden...not that they will go all out attack but if you think that the game is draw at 80 and they will play out the draw you are CRAZY! Also consider the fact that if Sweden score...Denmark won't exactly go all out attack themselves...they will continue the same style of play and try for the equaliser...but you certaintly won't see a defender substituted for an attacker...they know that a loss by 1-0 might be bad but a loss with 2-0 probably catastrophic as the goal difference advantage vs Sweden will evaporate and they will be in serious trouble for top spot in the group. Under2.5 is the obvious way to go in this one...nordic derby...good defenses... but if I had to pick sides I would go with Sweden DNB...team morale is high...Ibrahimovic has had a good season and he feels happy...Henrik Larsson has had a resurgence of form...Denmark is a stone's throw from Sweden and all flights to Copenhagen have been fully booked for days (i know it because I couldn't find a ticket to go to Copenhagen for an event i was invited to there over the weekend)... It might end a draw but still the reasoning should be solid behind a pick... So proceed with caution...

Sweden Denmark I've read some fairly ludicrous remarks on this match. There are 1-2 post from locals but none seems to have taken them into account...so here is another one... A draw is not good enough for Sweden vs Denmark. If Portugal win (not a certainty but still) they have San Marino in last round and they can score the goals needed to beat Sweden in goal difference for the 2nd spot. This is a must win game for Sweden...not that they will go all out attack but if you think that the game is draw at 80 and they will play out the draw you are CRAZY! Also consider the fact that if Sweden score...Denmark won't exactly go all out attack themselves...they will continue the same style of play and try for the equaliser...but you certaintly won't see a defender substituted for an attacker...they know that a loss by 1-0 might be bad but a loss with 2-0 probably catastrophic as the goal difference advantage vs Sweden will evaporate and they will be in serious trouble for top spot in the group. Under2.5 is the obvious way to go in this one...nordic derby...good defenses... but if I had to pick sides I would go with Sweden DNB...team morale is high...Ibrahimovic has had a good season and he feels happy...Henrik Larsson has had a resurgence of form...Denmark is a stone's throw from Sweden and all flights to Copenhagen have been fully booked for days (i know it because I couldn't find a ticket to go to Copenhagen for an event i was invited to there over the weekend)... It might end a draw but still the reasoning should be solid behind a pick... So proceed with caution...
Good post. :ok Fly to Malmo and get a taxi. ;)

Re: World Cup Qualifiers 10th October 2009 This the probable line up for tonite against Turkey :Gillet,Swerts,Van Buyten,Lombaerts,Vermaelen,Fellaini,Verthongen,Dembele,Miralas,Hazard,MPenza(De Sutter). Morale is very good,the team trained hard this week,the expected line up looks good and most important Advocaat already made a impact and took some decisions...like i said before i have 1x at 1.9 and i'm confident,Turkey is missing some important players too. Of course it would be"easier" for my bet with a Bosnia win in Estonia(let's hope for them anyway,they really deserve it :hope,they showed great football during this qualifications matchs )

I think that there is plenty of value in backing some of the lesser lights this week: Liechtenstein (2.80) to beat Azerbaijan. Liechtenstein +0.5 AH (1.51) to beat Azerbaijan. Of course both sides are poor, but Liechtenstein managed a shock 1-1 draw at home to Finland in their last match. They have also produced some good defensive performances in the away 0-0 draw against Azerbaijan, and only lost by one goal at home to Russia and away in Finland. The Azeris are pointless away from home in the group, in fact, they have failed to score a single away goal. Home win. Zambia (3.60) to beat Egypt. Zambia or Draw (1.72) vs Egypt. This is by no means an easy match for the Egyptians as the bookmakers seem to make it. A win for Zambia would see them join Egypt on seven points in the group, still with an outside chance of qualification. Egypt could do with a win too in order to put added pressure on Algeria to beat Rwanda, but the pressure is mostly on them and Zambia has nothing to lose it seems. A pressure to win can sometimes have an adverse effect and Zambia are no mugs themselves. They have conceded only four goals from their last six matches, whereas Egypt have conceded ten in the same period. Not a banker home win, but this could be a surprise. Guinea (2.37) to beat Burkina Faso. Neither country can qualify for the World Cup, but I am surprised that Guinea are not shorter priced than this. There is not much to choose between both teams form, with Guinea surprisingly losing to Malawi last time out as Burkina Faso were crushed 5-0 by Ivory Coast. However, Guinea have plenty of attacking threat in the shape of Pascal Feindouno, Ibrahima Bangoura and Ismael Bangoura. Most of Burkina Faso's threat comes from Moumouni Dagano, but if Guinea can keep him in check, they can win this match with home advantage. I also think that Slovakia (2.20) [although a draw may suit both them and their opponents Slovenia], England (2.50), USA (2.71) and Paraguay (3.6) look good value too. Slovakia may only need a point to qualify for their first World Cup finals, and a point would also grant their opponents Slovenia a play-off spot [hence why the draw is only 2.75]. But the Slovakians have won all bar one of their home qualifiers and Slovenia are yet to win away in the group. Also, Slovakia may want to qualify in style with a win, and how better to do that than against their rivals? Tempting to go for the draw, but at 2.20 Slovakia look overpriced here. England should probably be shorter than 2.50 on offer for their trip to Kiev. The Ukrainians can leapfrog Croatia into second spot with a win, but despite only losing 2-1 at Wembley they looked a mediocre outfit. The argument that England may ease off as they have already qualified seems ridiculous to me. Fabio Capello is a hard taskmaster and his comments this week suggests that nothing short of win is not acceptable. The players seem to understand this and look eager to please at every opportunity. I also like the look of the USA at 2.71 away in Honduras. They may have only gained four points from a possible 12 away from home, losing to Mexico and Costa Rica in the process, but knowing that a win would see them qualify for the World Cup they can rise to the challenge. Honduras have won all their home games, but this is a step up in class. The USA is the better team, and I will take them to win at a good price. Despite already qualifying for the World Cup finals, Paraguay look overpriced at 3.60 to beat Venezuela. The Venezuelans can still qualify but tend to struggle when they come up against the better sides. Much like England players, why should the Paraguay players take this game easy and risk their participation in next year's event? Players will be looking to impress and keep their places in the squad, and an away win is excellent value. I would certainly double up on Cameroon (1.44) and Norway (1.95) at 2.81. Cameroon require a win and are in much better form than their opponents on Saturday. They have won four of their last six, conceding just three goals, and head into this match after important back-to-back wins over second placed Gabon. Togo, despite the presence of Emmanuel Adebayor, simply do not score enough goals. A 6-0 win over Swaziland contributes to a total of 8 in their last 6 matches. The Togolese defence may also struggle against the quality of players such as Samuel Eto'o, like they did in the 3-0 away loss to Gabon. Home banker for me. Similarly, I can't see past Norway at close to evens to beat South Africa. I tend to avoid friendly internationals, but this has to be taken. The Norwegians are in fairly good form with two wins and a draw from their last three matches. South Africa have not played since the Confederations Cup where they only won one match from five played. With a lot of African-based players in their squad, the gruelling flight from South Africa to Norway may further affect their chances. Some money could be made in the handicaps too: Kazakhstan +1.5 (2.00) to beat Belarus - Belarus should win, but with a 2-goal start Kazakhstan can keep this close. Scotland +1 (2.50) to beat Japan - despite a long flight Scotland are good enough [and Japan poor enough] for this to be a draw.
Going to avoid backing Slovakia as they are without the suspended Sestak and injured Holosko, two of their key players. Liechtenstein will also be avoided now. Some of their main players are absent, including Michele Polverino, Mario Frick [their only goalscorers in qualifying] and Martin Buchel, whereas Azerbaijan have a fully-fit strength.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers 10th October 2009 Denmark v Sweden FIFA World Cup European Qualifying : Group One Table

P W D L F A GD PTS
1 Denmark 8 5 3 0 15 4 11 18
2 Sweden 8 4 3 1 9 3 6 15
3 Portugal 8 3 4 1 10 5 5 13
4 Hungary 8 4 1 3 9 5 4 13
5 Albania 9 1 4 4 5 9 -4 7
6 Malta 9 0 1 8 0 22 -22 1
tbl_spc.gif
Remaining Group 1 fixtures: Denmark v Sweden (10 Oct, 1900 BST) Portugal v Hungary (10 Oct, 2045 BST) Denmark v Hungary (14 Oct) Sweden v Albania (14 Oct) Portugal v Malta (14 Oct) Two draws - or better - will secure Denmark's qualification. Sweden, Portugal and Hungary can all take advantage if the Danes slip up, otherwise it will be between these three teams for second place and a probable play-off spot(Source BBC Sportwebsite). tbl_spc.gif Head to Heads:
06-06-2009 WC Qualifyin… Sweden 0 - 1 Denmark
08-09-2007 European Cha… Sweden 0 - 0 Denmark
02-06-2007 European Cha… Denmark 0 - 3 Sweden
21-06-2004 European Cha… Denmark 2 - 2 Sweden
25-04-2000 Friendly Denmark 0 - 1 Sweden
27-05-1998 Friendly Sweden 3 - 0 Denmark
13-08-1996 Friendly Sweden 0 - 1 Denmark
25-05-1994 Friendly Denmark 1 - 0 Sweden
13-06-1992 European Cha… Sweden 1 - 0 Denmark
14-06-1991 Friendly Sweden 4 - 0 Denmark
Again here we have a situation whereby a win for either team will put them in the driving seat for the automatic spot. Sweden will feel a win here will put them in a far stronger position than Denmark because the Danes final game will be at home against a dangerous Hungary side and the Swedes will have a less dangerous home game v Albania. The last time these 2 met ended in a 1 nil win for Denmark in a game marshalled by Mike Riley who gave out 4 yellow cards so there was a fair amount of touch tackles in at the time considered a not so important group game unlike today's match. These 2 teams are Scandinavian rivals and both will want to get one over their close neighbours and it should become a right battle with both teams not wanting to give away too much. I was believing this game should have very few goals based on the last 2 games between the 2, however the referee who will marshall this game is the Spaniard Manuel Mejuto Gonzalez who based on the facts of this game looks like he'll be card happy! His last competitve league game in Spain was when he gave out 6 cards: La Liga 09/10 23/09/2009 Villarreal 0 v 2 Real Madrid Bookings:
Villarreal Real Madrid
Gonzalo Rodriguez Yellow (13) Gonzalo Rodriguez Yellow/Red (35) Soriano Bruno Yellow (71) David Lopez Ruano Angel Yellow (72) Jose Maria Gutierrez Fernando Gago Yellow (61) Lassana Diarra Yellow (81) Yellow (52)
His most recent competitive game was the Champions league fixture: UEFA Champions League Qual 09/10 26/08/2009 Arsenal 3 v 1 Glasgow Celtic where he gave out 5 cards! Bookings
Arsenal Glasgow Celtic
Emmanuel Eboue Yellow (54) Denilson Yellow (83) Gary Caldwell Yellow (33) Aidan McGeady Yellow (56) Scott Brown Yellow (83)
Given the nature of the stakes of this game and both being close neighbours and a card happy Referee, I expect plenty of cards in this one! Pedictions: Card Index: Over 45 points @2.38 William Hill ***** (yellow card = 10 points / red card = 25 points) :ok

I think that there is plenty of value in backing some of the lesser lights this week: Liechtenstein (2.80) to beat Azerbaijan. Liechtenstein +0.5 AH (1.51) to beat Azerbaijan. Of course both sides are poor, but Liechtenstein managed a shock 1-1 draw at home to Finland in their last match. They have also produced some good defensive performances in the away 0-0 draw against Azerbaijan, and only lost by one goal at home to Russia and away in Finland. The Azeris are pointless away from home in the group, in fact, they have failed to score a single away goal. Home win. Zambia (3.60) to beat Egypt. Zambia or Draw (1.72) vs Egypt. This is by no means an easy match for the Egyptians as the bookmakers seem to make it. A win for Zambia would see them join Egypt on seven points in the group, still with an outside chance of qualification. Egypt could do with a win too in order to put added pressure on Algeria to beat Rwanda, but the pressure is mostly on them and Zambia has nothing to lose it seems. A pressure to win can sometimes have an adverse effect and Zambia are no mugs themselves. They have conceded only four goals from their last six matches, whereas Egypt have conceded ten in the same period. Not a banker home win, but this could be a surprise. Guinea (2.37) to beat Burkina Faso. Neither country can qualify for the World Cup, but I am surprised that Guinea are not shorter priced than this. There is not much to choose between both teams form, with Guinea surprisingly losing to Malawi last time out as Burkina Faso were crushed 5-0 by Ivory Coast. However, Guinea have plenty of attacking threat in the shape of Pascal Feindouno, Ibrahima Bangoura and Ismael Bangoura. Most of Burkina Faso's threat comes from Moumouni Dagano, but if Guinea can keep him in check, they can win this match with home advantage. I also think that Slovakia (2.20) [although a draw may suit both them and their opponents Slovenia], England (2.50), USA (2.71) and Paraguay (3.6) look good value too. Slovakia may only need a point to qualify for their first World Cup finals, and a point would also grant their opponents Slovenia a play-off spot [hence why the draw is only 2.75]. But the Slovakians have won all bar one of their home qualifiers and Slovenia are yet to win away in the group. Also, Slovakia may want to qualify in style with a win, and how better to do that than against their rivals? Tempting to go for the draw, but at 2.20 Slovakia look overpriced here. England should probably be shorter than 2.50 on offer for their trip to Kiev. The Ukrainians can leapfrog Croatia into second spot with a win, but despite only losing 2-1 at Wembley they looked a mediocre outfit. The argument that England may ease off as they have already qualified seems ridiculous to me. Fabio Capello is a hard taskmaster and his comments this week suggests that nothing short of win is not acceptable. The players seem to understand this and look eager to please at every opportunity. I also like the look of the USA at 2.71 away in Honduras. They may have only gained four points from a possible 12 away from home, losing to Mexico and Costa Rica in the process, but knowing that a win would see them qualify for the World Cup they can rise to the challenge. Honduras have won all their home games, but this is a step up in class. The USA is the better team, and I will take them to win at a good price. Despite already qualifying for the World Cup finals, Paraguay look overpriced at 3.60 to beat Venezuela. The Venezuelans can still qualify but tend to struggle when they come up against the better sides. Much like England players, why should the Paraguay players take this game easy and risk their participation in next year's event? Players will be looking to impress and keep their places in the squad, and an away win is excellent value. I would certainly double up on Cameroon (1.44) and Norway (1.95) at 2.81. Cameroon require a win and are in much better form than their opponents on Saturday. They have won four of their last six, conceding just three goals, and head into this match after important back-to-back wins over second placed Gabon. Togo, despite the presence of Emmanuel Adebayor, simply do not score enough goals. A 6-0 win over Swaziland contributes to a total of 8 in their last 6 matches. The Togolese defence may also struggle against the quality of players such as Samuel Eto'o, like they did in the 3-0 away loss to Gabon. Home banker for me. Similarly, I can't see past Norway at close to evens to beat South Africa. I tend to avoid friendly internationals, but this has to be taken. The Norwegians are in fairly good form with two wins and a draw from their last three matches. South Africa have not played since the Confederations Cup where they only won one match from five played. With a lot of African-based players in their squad, the gruelling flight from South Africa to Norway may further affect their chances. Some money could be made in the handicaps too: Kazakhstan +1.5 (2.00) to beat Belarus - Belarus should win, but with a 2-goal start Kazakhstan can keep this close. Scotland +1 (2.50) to beat Japan - despite a long flight Scotland are good enough [and Japan poor enough] for this to be a draw.
In response, I feel your views on most of the African matches are naive. Zambia v Egypt - well, there is plenty of pressure on Zambia - these matches double as African Nations Cup qualifiers as well - but I can't say much more on this one now as the game has just kicked off (or is about to) imho - you are WAY OFF with the Guinea prediction - - yes Guinea are a good team, and have underperformed - but this match is being played in neutral Ghana after the recent troubles in Conakry - I would even have BF as slight favourites here (and have my money on already) I would also never back against Togo with Adebayor in the side - they are simply two different teams with ao without Adebayor...Adebayor has scored something like 35 goals in 36 matches for Togo - and the matches he misses are the ones Togo struggle in...I was at the Togo - Cameroon (played in neutral Accra) where Togo simply outclassed Cameroon - Adebayor ruled the show - it has to be said that since that match Cameroon are under a new coach - and first thing he did was to get rid ageing, now unreliable, centre back Rigobert Song - but 1.44 is very short here...too short a price for me anyway My own money (apart from BFaso) is going on Nigeria at 1.25...should be around 1.10 I would say - Nigeria are kicking themsleves after conceding last minute equaliser at home to Algeria - this match should end in a rout

Re: World Cup Qualifiers 10th October 2009 Russia v Germany Russia are a team I really like to watch. The teams will be in contrasting mental states but I try not to get bogged down in that sort of thing. When I look at the teams I see a dynamic, pretty exciting Russian team with a top, top quality coach leading them. And with Germany I see a somewhat talented but not particularly exciting team led by a pretty average coach. This match will come down to today, nothing on past results or home/away form. I think this is just a match there to be won. Russia has a full squad available. Germany also near enough full squad to choose from. I of course dont know for sure how the teams will set up but it seems very likely Germany will go with one up front, probably Klose as they do only need a draw. If Russia get at them early on it may be hard for Germany to switch from a defensive mindset. Overall I much prefer the Russian squad and if they want it enough I think they can take the match. Russia win - 7/5 - low/medium stakes Ukraine v England As I said I am not too interested in the matter of teams already having qualified or not etc. England are a better team than Ukraine and having travelled that far, I would hope they will want to win the match. Of course something will be lost in that they have already qualified. Ukraine are decent enough to pose a few problems for England, especially as they will want to win quite desperatly. Capello has said he will start with the strongest line-up. I have to say that I dont particularly like any of the options to partner Rooney up front, but between them they could cause problems. I think Capello has driven a winning mentality into England and their quality will tell in the end. England to win - 6/4 - medium stakes. I also followed a previous post on Ukraine receiving the first card. Now to the big one! IRELAND V ITALY I am sort of in a tough situation. I of course want Italy to win, but I strongly stand against the dquad selection so to see them lose in a strange way would be good. (although I dont think Lippi would care). What I do think will happen will be what has always happened is Italy will win, but unconvincingly. In a fashion that gets the job done, but is not bad enough to warrarnt anymore calls for change. I dont agree with a previous post that Keane and Doyle are worth at least a goal. Frankly I don't think they are worth anything against what should be a pretty solid Italy. Equally though I dont think Italy will roll over Ireland either. It will be an efficient performance that will more than likely leave me wishing I had done anything else other than watch the match. Once more, Italy should be that bit too good for Ireland and get a narrow win (not that I want it 100%) Italy win 7/5 - low/medium stakes. Italy win 1-0 - 5/1 Italy win 2-0 - 9/1 I am taking it lightly this International week. Other than these bets I have done correct score in France match (1-0 and 2-0)

Re: World Cup Qualifiers 10th October 2009 Looks like England don't even want to play today,eh?I think you really want to stop Croatia going to WC you even scored for us :lol I think i lost all my bets for this match,only small stakes but atleast Ukraine still have chance.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers 10th October 2009 Poland's first "11": Kowalewski - Rzeźniczak, Głowacki, Polczak, Gancarczyk,- Błaszczykowski, Iwański, M. Lewandowski, Obraniak,- Jeleń, Grosicki. I am a bit confuse. I really doubted that very good Grosicki will get his chance from first "11", I was also almost sure that Dudek will be the first goalkeeper. This line-up looks really interesting, I mean: maybe except CD Polczak our new temporary coach choose the best players from his squad to the first "11", it is not typical situation in Poland from long time.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers 10th October 2009 ATTENTION! It's 80th minute in Estonia and Bosnia & Herz. is leading two to nil, which means World Cup finals qualification for them. I'm pretty sure that ALL Turkish players are frusturated now. Even the guy that narrates the match on the Turkish TV is about to cry :) So, lay Turkey! It is becoming a more likely option every other minute. And very well done our Bosnian friends, congrats! Turkey will support you in the finals.

This also is a terrible way to think about the game. England are qualified yes, but they will field only players going to the WC. Their bench players are more than capable of handling Ukraine and being players that dont normally start they will want to absolutely shine before the WC starts.
well don't say i didn't warn you :lol:zzz

There is no way Bulgaria deserves odds as low as 1,83 away to Cyprus. IMO the best they would get is a high-scoring draw, but I seriously doubt that too. - zero chances for both teams to qualify; - gone are the days when the Bulgarian team will play for pride; - domestic scandals involving both top teams, Levski and CSKA; - top players ( if they play at all for full 90 mins ) will rather stay away from heavy tackles in order to perform well in the foreign clubs and avoid injuries; - a couple of young guns might shine at moments, either because they are close to transfers to better clubs or just because young as they are they calculate less. This will never be enough away to Cyprus, where I have seen players giving 100% in international matches. Big or small, the crowd will be always behind their team and players playing with heart. I will start watching Bulgarian football again IF we get more than a point from there :) Cyprus + 0,5 AH @ 1,87 GL
Well Done on that Nicko - Can't see Bulgaria getting 4 goals now to bust your bet.:clap

This the probable line up for tonite against Turkey :Gillet,Swerts,Van Buyten,Lombaerts,Vermaelen,Fellaini,Verthongen,Dembele,Miralas,Hazard,MPenza(De Sutter). Morale is very good,the team trained hard this week,the expected line up looks good and most important Advocaat already made a impact and took some decisions...like i said before i have 1x at 1.9 and i'm confident,Turkey is missing some important players too. Of course it would be"easier" for my bet with a Bosnia win in Estonia(let's hope for them anyway,they really deserve it :hope,they showed great football during this qualifications matchs )
FT 2 0...really deserved many many chances,thks mister Advocaat :clap and bravo Belgium :cheers

Re: World Cup Qualifiers 10th October 2009 Finland - Wales under 2.5 @ 1.62 :wall Belarus -1.5 @ 1.95 :) Switzerland -2 (EH) @ 2.10 (centrebet) :) Bosnia -1.5 @ 2.32 :) Ukraine - England under 2.5 @ 1.74 :) Denmark - Sweden under 2.5 @ 1.68 :) Israel -2.5 @ 2.53 :wall:wall Injury time consolation goal to lose this pick Czech Republic - Poland over 2.5 @ 1.87 :wall Needed another goal Greece - Latvia over 2.5 @ 2.02 :) France - Faroe Islands under 2.5 @ 4.50 :wall Wishful thinking Ireland - Italy under 2.5 @ 1.55 :wall Two very late goals kills the pick Portugal - Hungary under 2.5 @ 2.28 :wall Started off well but then crashed in the end to finish 6-6 for a small loss. A couple of games late on expected the teams to hold on but such is football

In response, I feel your views on most of the African matches are naive. Zambia v Egypt - well, there is plenty of pressure on Zambia - these matches double as African Nations Cup qualifiers as well - but I can't say much more on this one now as the game has just kicked off (or is about to) imho - you are WAY OFF with the Guinea prediction - - yes Guinea are a good team, and have underperformed - but this match is being played in neutral Ghana after the recent troubles in Conakry - I would even have BF as slight favourites here (and have my money on already) I would also never back against Togo with Adebayor in the side - they are simply two different teams with ao without Adebayor...Adebayor has scored something like 35 goals in 36 matches for Togo - and the matches he misses are the ones Togo struggle in...I was at the Togo - Cameroon (played in neutral Accra) where Togo simply outclassed Cameroon - Adebayor ruled the show - it has to be said that since that match Cameroon are under a new coach - and first thing he did was to get rid ageing, now unreliable, centre back Rigobert Song - but 1.44 is very short here...too short a price for me anyway My own money (apart from BFaso) is going on Nigeria at 1.25...should be around 1.10 I would say - Nigeria are kicking themsleves after conceding last minute equaliser at home to Algeria - this match should end in a rout
I may not be an expert, but Cameroon won 3-0 and from the review on the FIFA.com website, Zambia were very unlucky to lose to Egypt ["Egypt had one threatening moment", their keeper was Man of the Match and Zambia hit the crossbar]. So maybe not so naive. PS. I haven't yet backed Guinea, I just feel that they are overpriced.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers 10th October 2009 Columbia vs Chile 11pm (GMT)

Interesting one. Chile are virtually qualified and it would take a mathamatical genius to work out how they won't. Columbia are still not out of the race for the play off spot. So it's big. Chile have been the some what surprising package of qualifying and have had some really strong results on the road including beating Paraguay and drawing in Uruguay. Columbia have won 5 and lost 2 of their home qualifiers, they have won their last three. In my opinion Chile have better players, but with the hostile Medelin crowd behind them, providing they come out the blocks at 100mph and use their pace and strength advantage Columbia will keep their hopes alive with a win...maybe 2-0
Columbia win - 2.08 (betdaq) - 9/10

1-2 to Chile at HT. Wow! Did not expect this result. Anyone watching the Argentina match? How did they NOT score in the 1st half against Peru???
Don't know, just watching Ecuador-Uruguay. By the way, any ideea on later Honduras-USA? Are the hosts able to produce a surprise here? I saw they had a good record at home. Thanks in advance.

Portugal v Hungary My bet: Under 2,5 5/10 @2.25 -5 pts Ukraine v England My bet: Ukraine 5/[email protected] +14 pts Greece v Lettland My bets: Handicap Tie (win by one goal margin) 5/10 @3.75 and Latvia AH +0,5 5/10 @3.15 -10 pts Slovakia v Slovenia My bet: Slovenia +0,5 5/10 @1.65 +3.25 pts Ireland v Italy My bet: Draw 5/10 @2.8 +9 pts Serbia v Romania My bet: Rumania AH +0,5 5/10 @2.25 -5 pts
At the end + 6.25 pts profit, Greece was losing 1:2 and the bet looked well at some stage, same with Portugal under bet which showed great value despite being a loss at the end. Good information on Turkey sitation there, would lay that all day long - no motivation no reason to back the team :ok

ATTENTION! It's 80th minute in Estonia and Bosnia & Herz. is leading two to nil, which means World Cup finals qualification for them. I'm pretty sure that ALL Turkish players are frusturated now. Even the guy that narrates the match on the Turkish TV is about to cry :) So, lay Turkey! It is becoming a more likely option every other minute. And very well done our Bosnian friends, congrats! Turkey will support you in the finals.
Well, I sucked in this post... BIH have guaranteed a place just in the playoff round, not in the finals. Anyways, glad if this helped anyone.

well don't say i didn't warn you :lol:zzz
did you mind to warn me about england playing with 10 men for 75% of the match? Your reasons forlaying England were totally different to why they lost. Fact is, the match completely changes when your starting keeper is sent off