** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

World Cup Qualifiers 10/11 October 2009

Re: World Cup Qualifiers 10th October 2009 Ecuador-Uruguay Over 2.5 2.05 at Expekt This is the most interesting clash in the penultimate round of the South American zone of the World Cup qualifiers as both Ecuador and Uruguay are still in contention for the place at the World Cup. We have no doubts both sides will be looking to win this game as they will have extremely difficult job in the final round.

Nobody can outplay Ecuador in Quito

Ecuador play their home games in Quito, at almost 3,000 metres above see level and no wonder nobody can beat them on home soil. Paraguay and Brazil escaped Quito without losing but they were very lucky to do so as the hosts had outclassed them completely. Ecuador and Uruguay are two evenly matched teams but this high altitude could easily decide the winner and odds of 1.86 offered by Canbet on home win do look tempting.

The hosts are aware they need to win this match in order to remain in contention for the place at the World Cup and we have no doubts they will attack throughout the game. Carlos Tenorio and Christian Benitez will start up front, while Edison Mendez and Antonio Valencia will operate on the wings, and we don’t think the visitors will be able to stop Ecuador from scoring. Sportingbet is paying 1.95 on Ecuador to score over 1.5 goals.

Uruguay face a tough task

Uruguay definitely have one of the strongest teams in South America on paper but they have been far from impressive during this qualifying campaign. The defeat to Peru in October could easily cost them the place at the World Cup since they are currently in sixth place and are set to play two extremely difficult games. Seeing they will host Argentina in their final game, Oscar Tabarez’s men have got to try and win this match. With both teams going for a win, odds of 1.76 offered by Expekt on both teams to score look extremely tempting.

Uruguay’s scoring record is second only to Brazil and Chile, which is not a surprise when we look at their attacking line-up. Diego Forlan, Edison Cavani, Luis Suarez and Christian Rodriguez are all expected to start this match and you would be a fool not to take odds of 1.45 offered by Sportingbet on Uruguay to score over 0.5 goals.

Betting verdict

Uruguay are the better team here but they will struggle to give their best at high altitude in Quito and this match seems to close to call. However, with both sides desperate for a win, over 2.5 goals looks like a banker. Source: http://www.freebetting.net Approved by Paul Ross

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: World Cup Qualifiers 10th October 2009

I'm inclined to believe that they will do their best to win' date=' even more so - as I wrote above - that in the case of draw there is always a danger of a late goal, and they are in the pole position now, but would definitely fail to win the group if they lose to the Slovenians (as they simply will win in San Marino).[/quote'] I would just like to say that even if Slovakia lose, they can still win the group provided that they win in Poland. A win in Poland is not impossible in these circumstances as Poland will probably play for nothing and there are rumours about the Polish fans fans boycotting this game... Having said that, I think (and hope) we will beat Slovenia so that our Czech brothers have a chance to finish 2nd. Zabavnik (a Slovak defender) told to my friend that they will go for a win. I think we have a somewhat superior squad and our players have a slightly better form and there is the home advantage. I am having a smaller bet on Slovakia at 2.20+, I think this is a value price.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers 10th October 2009 Finland vs Wales Advice: 10pts on Finland @ 1.90 totesport Wales have severe injury worries for the trip to Finland with just 15 fit outfield players available for manager John Toshack. You have to wonder if the motivation will really be there considering both teams are playing for pride here. Overall Finland are the better side and they have performed well to be 3rd in this group. They have won 2 of their 4 home games, drawing 1 (3-3 with Germany) and losing 3-0 against Russia. Finland beat Wales 2-0 away from home back in March and with Wales struck with injuries here I think these odds are fantastic. Jack Collison, Brian Stock, Simon Davies, Sam Ricketts, Danny Gabbidon and Joe Ledley are all missing for the visitors. Wales are a poor side and Finland overall look a decent outfit who are capable of giving anyone a game especially at home. 10/11 is a fantastic price here and I expect the Fins to fall to around 8/11 or even 4/6 over the next 24 hours.

Hmmmmmm, I don't feel it was a rude comment at all! But it's just my opinion, I apologize if you felt offended; and basically, you said the same thing as I did: So, it's not disputable whether Da Silva is good player - he is; point of discussion was what interest he had to take Croatian citizenship - don't you tell me he did so only because he loves Croatia, but because he saw prospect of better life, being regularly capped and playing one of main roles in Croatian squad, where competition is surely easier than in Brazilian squad!
it seems you didn't understand me correctly. he is not like that polish brazilian who took citizenship when he was 26 or so. eduardo has croatian citizenship long before he ever dreamed of playing for club like arsenal. he played for croatian youth teams also. so motivation is not an issue with him. of course, he might be more motivated if playing for brazil, but who wouldn't be !?

Re: World Cup Qualifiers 10th October 2009 Luxemburg - Switzerland - Under 2.5 @ 2.60 (3/10) Switzerland are heavy, heavy favs here, but no doubt Luxembourg will be looking to park the bus and play for a 0-0 draw. A shot on target will be as good as 3 points for the minnows here. While Switzerland are a solid team, they haven't got the flair and raw ability that top sides have. I think the Swiss will win, but not by many. The 0-0 is also a nice looking bet, but we're taking tiny stakes... maybe half a point! Cyprus - Bulgaria - Bulgaria Win @ 2.10 (4/10) Bulgaria are clearly the better side here. They beat Cyprus 2-0 at home, and have the better form coming into this game. They have been fairly poor away recently, but such stats aren't as important with international sides I feel, after the long gaps inbetween games form can vary wildly. Bulgaria still have a slim hope of qualifying, so they should be up for this. Liechtenstein - Azerbaijan - Over 2.5 @ 2.27 (3/10) In the past 3 meetings between these two teams, the game has finished 0-0, 4-0, and 2-1. Personally I believe both teams operate in a league of quality just above the most terrible of footballing nations, and just below the rubbish ones. It's about pride and the fans, this one. Both sides have no need to play for a draw to try and take a big scalp here, and should both attack each other. Where as the attacking quality on display will be terrible, I imagine the defence will be just as terrible, and defence is usually where it shows most if you have a lack of quality. Slovakia - Slovenia - Slovakia Win @ 2.31 (5/10) Slovakia have qualified, but this is a bit of a derby match. They'll surely want to put Slovenia to the sword and be part of the reason they get knocked out. They'll also want to make amends for losing 2-1 at Slovenia (their only group defeat so far). Slovakia are a very tidy outfit, as are Slovenia to a lesser extent, but I feel Slovakia have more raw talent and are a much better force going forwards. They don't often not score in games these days. Home advantage and a lack of pressure should favour them this time. Belgium - Turkey - Turkey Win @ 2.27 (2/10) Belgium have lost the last 5 WCQ games, with some bad defeats and also some embarrassing ones. Turkey can still qualify, and a win here is vital to keep that hope alive. Doing it with a decent goal margin would be very beneficial. For me, Turkey have every reason to win where as Belgium are just here to turn up and then go home, and concentrate on the Euro Qualifiers when they start up. Turkey are also the more talented squad.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers 10th October 2009 Denmark – Sweden (Sa 10 Okt) Like in every Qualification in this late stage we will see more maths calculation by teams: Table leader Denmark (18 pts.) meets second Sweden (15 pts.) at home, Portugal (3rd with 13 pts.) plays the Hungarians. Table constellation indicates the Swedish must go for victory, but their record especially away in Copenhagen, where Danish team is generally difficult to defeat, don't suggest that they can do their job done, but will do everything for at least a draw at the end of the match. Despite having talented people like Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Elmander, Larsson or Källström they didn't play a good qualification, especially draw in Albania & defeat at home against danish team were hurtful and let teram falling back in table. Lucky wins after miserable effort like 1-0 in Malta indicates this team didn't find itself so far, they are badly fighting even against lower class teams. Denmark in turn will surely be very motivated against their scandinavian neighbors not to lose. Draw against Sweden and victory against Hungary is enough for a first place. Even 2 draws could probably be enough... Danes will play without Grønkjær and Kahlenberg, Sweden without Central defender Hansson, but there are other strong players like Mellberg and Majstorovic to compensate him equally. EPL striker Elmander is doubtful. Danes' absences will be a a bigger blow especially for their offensive power. I think we will see Bendtner on wing and Soren Larsen as central forward in this match, skipper Jon Dahl Thomasson probably as a hanging support. IMO Denmark will make clear the tickets for South Africa in their last match against Hungary and won't hurt their neighbors too much. Portugal will probably win at weekend, and if two scandinavian teams play draw we would see a real qualification final with then equal at points Sweden and Portugal in last round! There is of course the possibility that Portugal stumble at home against Hungary. However, it is an unlikely scenario - although the Portuguese played really a crap qualification so far... I expect a really defensive match: Denmark conceded 4 goal in 8 matches, Sweden with awfully strong defense with only 3 conceded goals! Expect a 0:0 or 1:1 here, so played with medium stakes: Denmark - Sweden X @ 3,40 Bet3000 Under 2,25 goals @ 1,90 Pinnacle GL @all :)

Re: World Cup Qualifiers 10th October 2009 Denmark vs Sweden: Fact. 7 out of 10 matches between us and Sweden ended under 2.5 goals. Fact. Both teams have quite important missings. I am danish. I dislike alot of our veteran strikers and the whole nation dislikes the coach. The danish national team arent in a great form as a whole, and neither is the swedish. They are equally bad and it will be up to the teamplay for either side on the day, to determine the winning team. There have always been a certain rivalry between the two, and given the fact than Denmark is at home, they do have the upper hand, as they wont want to lose this match. As described above, the two nordic teams are equally bad, and I do not expect alot of goals in this match. As Caveman wrote in the previous post, it will most likely be 0:0, 1:0, 0:1 or 1:1. I honestly do not think there will be a goal fest in this match as it is HIGHLY unlikely. Under 2.5 goals is by a million miles the safest choice. If i had to place another bet on the match I would say that Bendtner to score for small stakes would be worth a try. If the danes can manage to get a goal that is.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers 10th October 2009 My bets for Ukraine v England match: Team to get first card - Ukraine @1.8 Both teams to score @1.9 England to win @2.5 My reasoning is in previous posts.We had must win match last time against Belarus and failed.I don't see us winning against England,not with our coach.Sad but true.England is much stronger in every aspect-better defence,midf.,strikers.Ukraine only have motivation and home ground advantege but it's not enough.The gap in quality is big.Only miracle can save us....or Kazahstan if they beat Croatia :lol

Re: World Cup Qualifiers 10th October 2009 Slovakia V Slovenia (draw) 11/8 Will be backing the draw here. Think it suits both teams here to draw. Slovakia on need a point to qualify for World Cup finals and a point will be good enough for play-offs for Slovenia with there last match away to San Marino. Venezuela V Paraguay ( Venezuela @ 11/10) Quite like the look of Venezuela here, with Paraquay already at next summers world cup, cant see them to motavated in this game. this is Venezuela last home game and with a victory here it could give them a right good change of at least getting a play off spot depending on other results.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers 10th October 2009 The stadium of Luz, lately a venue that gathers 50,000 to check Benfica's good moment is still with half its capacity. Seems the portuguese fans have turned their backs to their national team. Ronaldo is ok for the game but i do not know for sure, if this is really important news or rather the result from the Danmark vs Sweden match instead. Meanwhile, i fight hard against myself to avoid betting on this match. :unsure

Re: World Cup Qualifiers 10th October 2009 Hello everyone, I'm new here and this is my first post. I've been following this forum for a while and decided to contribute with my comments & inputs about games. :) Belgium-Turkey I observed that many punters here see Belgium-Turkey game as a banker but there comes the dark side of the moon; all of us know that this is a matter of life and death for Turkey to win to continue their hopes for WC but they are also dependant on Bosnia to lose points in their upcoming matches. Estonia-Bosnia game starts 2 hours before Belgium-Turkey game; if Bosnia beats Estonia then Turkey squads' morale will be upside down, take this into consideration before placing your bets. Even Bosnia loses points, I dont think Turkey squad is having their best of times, tactics and management is being harshly criticized in local media 24/7 and key players like Arda Turan and Tuncay Sanli are suspended. I really wonder who is gonna unlock the game because these two guys are like catalysts for the team. I will bet a little in this game and it will probably be Over 2.5; Turkey side likes scoring after conceding.

Hello everyone, I'm new here and this is my first post. I've been following this forum for a while and decided to contribute with my comments & inputs about games. :) Belgium-Turkey I observed that many punters here see Belgium-Turkey game as a banker but there comes the dark side of the moon; all of us know that this is a matter of life and death for Turkey to win to continue their hopes for WC but they are also dependant on Bosnia to lose points in their upcoming matches. Estonia-Bosnia game starts 2 hours before Belgium-Turkey game; if Bosnia beats Estonia then Turkey squads' morale will be upside down, take this into consideration before placing your bets. Even Bosnia loses points, I dont think Turkey squad is having their best of times, tactics and management is being harshly criticized in local media 24/7 and key players like Arda Turan and Tuncay Sanli are suspended. I really wonder who is gonna unlock the game because these two guys are like catalysts for the team. I will bet a little in this game and it will probably be Over 2.5; Turkey side likes scoring after conceding.
Thanks a lot for that, I didn't notice that Bosnia will be playing 2 hors earlier. You made a good point. No bet for me on this one.

Hello everyone, I'm new here and this is my first post. I've been following this forum for a while and decided to contribute with my comments & inputs about games. :) Belgium-Turkey I observed that many punters here see Belgium-Turkey game as a banker but there comes the dark side of the moon; all of us know that this is a matter of life and death for Turkey to win to continue their hopes for WC but they are also dependant on Bosnia to lose points in their upcoming matches. Estonia-Bosnia game starts 2 hours before Belgium-Turkey game; if Bosnia beats Estonia then Turkey squads' morale will be upside down, take this into consideration before placing your bets. Even Bosnia loses points, I dont think Turkey squad is having their best of times, tactics and management is being harshly criticized in local media 24/7 and key players like Arda Turan and Tuncay Sanli are suspended. I really wonder who is gonna unlock the game because these two guys are like catalysts for the team. I will bet a little in this game and it will probably be Over 2.5; Turkey side likes scoring after conceding.
:welcome didnt really think about the turkey bosnia situation so ty I might back Belgium at home when I see how the bosnia game is going, although I think Belgium had a chance eitherway, some of their players are in good form

So, it's not disputable whether Da Silva is good player - he is; point of discussion was what interest he had to take Croatian citizenship - don't you tell me he did so only because he loves Croatia, but because he saw prospect of better life, being regularly capped and playing one of main roles in Croatian squad, where competition is surely easier than in Brazilian squad!
Eduardo's wife and daughter are both croatian, he came to Zagreb at the age of 15, grew up here, made his professional debut... Believe me mate, there's no reason for doubting his motivation, he proved his loyalty to Croatia many times, more than most native Croats. About UKR-ENG, i doubt England will lose the match, England DNB is very safe bet. Capello's team is looking very dominant atm, they surely posess a lot more quality with all due respect to Ukraine. Those who question their motivation obviously don't know their mentality. England want to raise the optimism and go to RSA with lots of confidence. Personally, with few more things to improve, i can't see who could beat them next year on WC, except for Brasil.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers 10th October 2009 Malawi v Ivory Coast 13.30 Sat 10th Ivory Coast have been hard hit by injuries ahead of their match at the Kamuzu Stadium in Blantyre, losing Manchester City defender Kolo Toure, midfielder Cheik Tiote and strikers Kader Keita and Boubacar Sanogo. But Chelsea strikers Didier Drogba and Salomon Kalou are available and the 'Elephants' should take at least one point off rivals they beat 5-0 last March in an Abidjan game marred by 20 overcrowding-related fatalities. Ivory Coast’s defence marshalled by the former Asec Mimosas player has conceded three goals in the four games. The Elephants’ frontline led by Chelsea’s Didier Drogba has scored 15 times; the most goals scored in Africa zone qualifiers in the second round. Previous encounter saw ivory Coast win 5-0 but match will be remembered for the 22 people that lost their lives.Can't see Ivory Coast making any mistakes here and they will not be short of motavation, my bet will be Ivory Coast/Ivory Coast HT/FT Evs @ paddypower.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers 10th October 2009 Belgium v Turkey The situation is clear ; Bosnia's game will start around 2 hours before the Turkey game. If Bosnia fails to win, there will be a chance for Turkey to go to World Cup, and they will have to beat Belgium since it will be a must win for Turkey. If Bosnia wins, the game will be re-construct itself to a friendly game as it is for Belgium now and Turkey will be relaxed. ` In any case, what is for sure is that we will see goals. I cant see Turkey not scoring and not conceding in any case. Over 2.5 @1.93 Slobet 10/10 Estonia v Bosnia & H. I really expect Bosnia to win. But, it is maybe the most important game of Bosnian history and they are facing an very relaxed Estonian team while they are under big stress. Estonia is good in defending and I believe Bosnia players who are not really used to play under stress in International area will have problems scoring. I wont be very suprised to see a draw but 0-1 is what I expect here. Estonia +1,+1.5 AH @1.82 6/10 Russia v Germany Why should Germany give away the 1st spot that easily after working for it so hard in the previous games ! I am sure Russia will do all to beat Germany but Germany will also so as much to keep the 1st place. So I expect Germany to leave the field undefeated.Draw is the most possible outcome for me ... Germany 0,25 AH @1.83 8/10 - 10Bet Ukraine v England Its obvious that this game means much for Ukraine comparing to England. But, England is England and they will field a strong team tomorrow. England is hungry for succes since we havent seen them doing smtg good in latest competions and they showed it with their great results and by being undefeated in the group matches so far under Capello. I believe England wont lose and can win by taking advantage of Ukraine's pressure and It wont be the first time in football history that the team in "must win" situation loses... England (0) AH @1.85 10/10 Slobet Czech Republic v Poland Czech still in teh race and the result in Slovakia game can boost them. I b eliebe they will manage to win this game with the help of Baros and Rosicky. Czech R. -0,5 AH @1.54 9/10 Slobet Good Luck All !:hope

There is no way Bulgaria deserves odds as low as 1,83 away to Cyprus. IMO the best they would get is a high-scoring draw, but I seriously doubt that too. - zero chances for both teams to qualify; - gone are the days when the Bulgarian team will play for pride; - domestic scandals involving both top teams, Levski and CSKA; - top players ( if they play at all for full 90 mins ) will rather stay away from heavy tackles in order to perform well in the foreign clubs and avoid injuries; - a couple of young guns might shine at moments, either because they are close to transfers to better clubs or just because young as they are they calculate less. This will never be enough away to Cyprus, where I have seen players giving 100% in international matches. Big or small, the crowd will be always behind their team and players playing with heart. I will start watching Bulgarian football again IF we get more than a point from there :) Cyprus + 0,5 AH @ 1,87 GL
Have to agree Nicko, I was amazed to see them at around 2.00 to lay, which is definitely the value. :ok

Agree. Ireland are complete dog turd at Croke Park and are without Gibson and most likely Duff. Still, even if Ireland were full strength I would back Italy to do a job on them.
I object to your dog turd reference to Ireland here. Sure we haven't set the world on fire but Trappatoni plays a very defensive style and the Whelan/Andrews combo in midfield is used as a wall in front of defence rather than a creative force. But with Keane/Doyle up front we will definitely score one. So your question should be can Italy score two and I believe the answer is NO. Italy needed Two Own Goals (Both Howlers by the way) to beat Georgia in their last away game and have hardly been overly exciting themselves. The game will be tight prob Under 2.5 goals. A draw is by far the most likely outcome but I definitely don't see Italy winning. I'll be taking Ireland Draw no Bet @2.25 Ladbrokes Ireland/Draw Double Chance 1.55 Ladbrokes Ps. Novelty bet as 1st goal is likely to come from a set piece. Richard Dunne to score 1st @33/1 Ladbrokes €5 e/w to win €230 or €60 if he scores in games 1st 5 goals :hope

:welcome to PL. :ok Nice first post. :clap

Agree. Ireland are complete dog turd at Croke Park and are without Gibson and most likely Duff. Still, even if Ireland were full strength I would back Italy to do a job on them.
No need for remarks like that, just state your case with maturity.

I object to your dog turd reference to Ireland here. Sure we haven't set the world on fire but Trappatoni plays a very defensive style and the Whelan/Andrews combo in midfield is used as a wall in front of defence rather than a creative force. But with Keane/Doyle up front we will definitely score one. So your question should be can Italy score two and I believe the answer is NO. Italy needed Two Own Goals (Both Howlers by the way) to beat Georgia in their last away game and have hardly been overly exciting themselves. The game will be tight prob Under 2.5 goals. A draw is by far the most likely outcome but I definitely don't see Italy winning. I'll be taking Ireland Draw no Bet @2.25 Ladbrokes Ireland/Draw Double Chance 1.55 Ladbrokes Ps. Novelty bet as 1st goal is likely to come from a set piece. Richard Dunne to score 1st @33/1 Ladbrokes €5 e/w to win €230 or €60 if he scores in games 1st 5 goals :hope
a very biased post.. you speak of Italy as if they are a whipping team, they are going to take this game very seriously since it will secure their place at the top of the table for the WC im afraid keane and doyle upfront does not mean a definite goal from Ireland, Italy are too solid defensively and I see nothing to suggest that Italy have been weak in recent results. I like the odds on the Dunne bet since he wears his heart on his sleeve for his country and his heading has improved massive

Re: World Cup Qualifiers 10th October 2009 Finland - Wales under 2.5 @ 1.62 (pinnacle) Both teams with little to play for, and come into this game with depleted squads. Expect so see some fringe and younger players getting a run out and with lttle motivation and inexperience from both sides, cannot see too many goals in this game Belarus -1.5 @ 1.95 (pinnacle) Belarus as expected lost to England and Croatia in this group but did hold the Ukraine to a 0-0 draw at home and now face the bottom placed Kazak's. Both teams have little to play for but their could be the matter of some home pride to finish off the qualifiers with a good effort and should win this one comfortably given that they did beat them 5-1 away. As long as Hleb plays then they should not have too many problems here Switzerland -2 (EH) @ 2.10 (centrebet) While this game does not matter to Luxembourg, to the Swiss, they can pretty much lock in a spot for the World Cup with a win here, provided other results go their way. They will not forget their upset loss at home to their opponents as they squandered several good chances before losing to a late winner. They have the players to beat a vastly inferior side and with so much at stake, doubt that complacency will be an issue, and more than likely they will look to score quite a few goals as paybacks for their loss in the reverse fixture Bosnia -1.5 @ 2.32 (bet365) A chance to make some history for the Bosnians as a win here will ensure they get a playoff game in order to go to the world cup. They have their three main attackers in Ibricic, Misimovic and Dzeko in good form for their clubs and they did beat the Estonians 7-0 at home. While the Estonians do tend to play better at home, they face a very committed and motivated side who are coming together at the right time and with so much at stake. The Bosnians have decent away form in losing only by a goal to Spain and Turkey while they beat Belgium 4-2 on the road, so look for them to win this one by at least a two goal margin. Ukraine - England under 2.5 @ 1.74 (pinnacle) The Ukrainians have shown a lack of goalscoring ability at home as against Croatia they drew 0-0 and only beat Belarus 1-0 (ignoring the two bottom teams). While defensively they are sound they could find it difficult to brek down a England side that Capello has got them working quite well together. Can't see the Ukrainians scoring here as even though the English may not be all that motivated since they have already qualified, they have their pride where they would not want to be beaten here. Can see both sides close up shop if they do score, especially if the Ukrainians do manage to score, then they know second place is their's if they can hold them out and they have been hard to break down at home. Like the look of the game going under here Denmark - Sweden under 2.5 @ 1.68 (pinnacle) Throughout the qualifiers these two rivals have been charcterised by pretty strong defences as Denmark jave only conceded 4 goals while Sweden have allowed only 3 goals. Both teams have found it harder to score against the better sides. Denmark did beat the Swedes away 1-0 and expect another hard fought game as both teams need the points in this game, so likely to be a tight game Israel -2.5 @ 2.53 (bet365) Israel still have a chance of finishing at least second in this group and know a win here with Greece and Latvia drawing will put them in second place on goal difference and then they have a tough game against the Swiss midweek, but by then, the Swiss may have already qualified. They should fancy their chances here as Benayoun has been in very good form for Liverpool and the Moldovians with little to play for, have lost 2-0 to the Swiss and and 3-0 to the Greeks in their two away games against the top teams in this group Czech Republic - Poland over 2.5 @ 1.87 (pinnacle) Both teams have some chance of making the top 2 and thus we should see an attacking game from both sides. Rosicky return from injury should see some creativity and spark which they may have lacked before, which should helop Baros, who may not be in the best club form but generally does well for his country. Poland also know they need to win here and did beat the Czechs on the road 2-1 so they have the ability to score on them. Like the look of some goals in this game Greece - Latvia over 2.5 @ 2.02 (pinnacle) These two sides are equal second in this group and need a win as a draw and an Israeli win sees a three way tie for second. The Greeks beat the Lavians 2-0 away but Latvia has had some good results of late as they beat Israel away 1-0 and then drew 2-2 at home to the Swiss. Greece is coming off a late eqauliser they conceded to Moldova so they will want to ensure that they not only score one but at least another goal so the same thing does not happen again. Should be an open game for both teams with plenty to play for France - Faroe Islands under 2.5 @ 4.50 (sportingbet) Great price for a pick that has a good chance of coming in. The French have not been playing the way they have been renowned for doing so and only managed a 1-0 win away to the faroes, who will be in a good mood after their 2-1 win over Lithuania last month. The French have drawn 1-1 in their last 2 games and won 1-0 in the previous 3 games, so while the Faroes are not expected to score, they have a good chance of limiting the French to 2 goals. Park the bus lads! Ireland - Italy under 2.5 @ 1.55 (pinnacle) Both teams have not been in good goalscoring form in these qualifiers but defensively they have been quite strong. Like the look of this trend following here again as the Italians only need a draw to secure top spot and they are the masters of playing the defensive game. As for the Irish, they will find it difficult to break down the italians but at the same time will not leave themselves exposed at the back, because they can pretty much kiss their game goodbye if they concede. Portugal - Hungary under 2.5 @ 2.28 (pinnacle) While both teams are equal 3rd and need a win as they are 2 points off second spot, their form in these qualifiers should this could be another low scoring game. Portugal have drawn 2 and lost once at home for 2 goals scored and 3 conceded while Hungary have won 2 and lost 1 away, scoring 3 and cocneding 2 goals. Only last month Portugal won 1-0 in Hungary and expect another close encounter with both teams needing a win here, but hesitant to allow the other to score on them. While Portugal have the better players, their are problems amongst the players and are finding it hard to gel, while the Hungarians may not have as good as players but they are playing as a team. Should be a tight and hard fought game with hopefully no more than a couple of goals in it

Re: World Cup Qualifiers 10th October 2009 well, here is a bit of news about croatia team. after a miserable performance against "powerhouse" qatar, we have another injury. ivica olić also got injured and is not avaliable for kazakhstan game. so, now we have only one decent attacker to field, klasnić, and he is probably going to be paired with jelavić who has yet to prove that he belongs with this team. if ukraine beats england today, you know where the value lies ...

i see as a good bet slovakia to beat slovenia ta home at a good odds of 2.0 with paddy power. Slovakia are the strongest team in the group, having lost only one game, draw one game and won 6 games with a veru good home record. The other reason why i think slovakia would beat slovenoa is they would do a favour to their brothers Czech Rep, dont think that the draw in slovakia between sovakia and czech rep wasnt meant, it suited both teams to draw. Even the draw would qualify slovakia, but as i said i feel and think that Slovakia will beat Slovenia, and so will Czech Rep against Poland, therefore slovakia will qualify, and Czech Rep will be in pole position for the second spot which will put in the position for the play offs. I thinks this odds will go down as the days pass, so am going to take them straight away. Prediction 2:1 to slovakia :hope
We will play without our two most scoring men-Sestak and Holosko, both are injured. Although i will be glad with three points /there still will be chance for czechs, if they beat Poland/, im not so sure, draw is the most likely result. Weiss will probably play with four defenders-as obviously-and with two defensive midfielders-Strba and Karhan. Probably line up: Mucha-Pekarik, Skrtel, Durica, Zabavnik/Cech-Strba, Karhan-Weiss,Hamsik,Stoch-Vittek/Jendrisek. Alternatives for attack are Jakubko and Novak. Jakubko is not a adequate compensation for our attackers and though Novak is top scorer in our domestic league, he has not international experiences and will start on bench. P.S. I will not bet on this match, but good luck to all:hope

Re: World Cup Qualifiers 10th October 2009 @blackcrow basically agree on bosnia bet, but the truth is we haven't seen them in such a situation under pressure yet. nor we have seen them play so far up north, if it matters anyway. france under is a value bet of the day, got that right. must be taken for small stakes.

Finland - Wales under 2.5 @ 1.62 (pinnacle) Both teams with little to play for, and come into this game with depleted squads. Expect so see some fringe and younger players getting a run out and with lttle motivation and inexperience from both sides, cannot see too many goals in this game Belarus -1.5 @ 1.95 (pinnacle) Belarus as expected lost to England and Croatia in this group but did hold the Ukraine to a 0-0 draw at home and now face the bottom placed Kazak's. Both teams have little to play for but their could be the matter of some home pride to finish off the qualifiers with a good effort and should win this one comfortably given that they did beat them 5-1 away. As long as Hleb plays then they should not have too many problems here Switzerland -2 (EH) @ 2.10 (centrebet) While this game does not matter to Luxembourg, to the Swiss, they can pretty much lock in a spot for the World Cup with a win here, provided other results go their way. They will not forget their upset loss at home to their opponents as they squandered several good chances before losing to a late winner. They have the players to beat a vastly inferior side and with so much at stake, doubt that complacency will be an issue, and more than likely they will look to score quite a few goals as paybacks for their loss in the reverse fixture Bosnia -1.5 @ 2.32 (bet365) A chance to make some history for the Bosnians as a win here will ensure they get a playoff game in order to go to the world cup. They have their three main attackers in Ibricic, Misimovic and Dzeko in good form for their clubs and they did beat the Estonians 7-0 at home. While the Estonians do tend to play better at home, they face a very committed and motivated side who are coming together at the right time and with so much at stake. The Bosnians have decent away form in losing only by a goal to Spain and Turkey while they beat Belgium 4-2 on the road, so look for them to win this one by at least a two goal margin. Ukraine - England under 2.5 @ 1.74 (pinnacle) The Ukrainians have shown a lack of goalscoring ability at home as against Croatia they drew 0-0 and only beat Belarus 1-0 (ignoring the two bottom teams). While defensively they are sound they could find it difficult to brek down a England side that Capello has got them working quite well together. Can't see the Ukrainians scoring here as even though the English may not be all that motivated since they have already qualified, they have their pride where they would not want to be beaten here. Can see both sides close up shop if they do score, especially if the Ukrainians do manage to score, then they know second place is their's if they can hold them out and they have been hard to break down at home. Like the look of the game going under here Denmark - Sweden under 2.5 @ 1.68 (pinnacle) Throughout the qualifiers these two rivals have been charcterised by pretty strong defences as Denmark jave only conceded 4 goals while Sweden have allowed only 3 goals. Both teams have found it harder to score against the better sides. Denmark did beat the Swedes away 1-0 and expect another hard fought game as both teams need the points in this game, so likely to be a tight game Israel -2.5 @ 2.53 (bet365) Israel still have a chance of finishing at least second in this group and know a win here with Greece and Latvia drawing will put them in second place on goal difference and then they have a tough game against the Swiss midweek, but by then, the Swiss may have already qualified. They should fancy their chances here as Benayoun has been in very good form for Liverpool and the Moldovians with little to play for, have lost 2-0 to the Swiss and and 3-0 to the Greeks in their two away games against the top teams in this group Czech Republic - Poland over 2.5 @ 1.87 (pinnacle) Both teams have some chance of making the top 2 and thus we should see an attacking game from both sides. Rosicky return from injury should see some creativity and spark which they may have lacked before, which should helop Baros, who may not be in the best club form but generally does well for his country. Poland also know they need to win here and did beat the Czechs on the road 2-1 so they have the ability to score on them. Like the look of some goals in this game Greece - Latvia over 2.5 @ 2.02 (pinnacle) These two sides are equal second in this group and need a win as a draw and an Israeli win sees a three way tie for second. The Greeks beat the Lavians 2-0 away but Latvia has had some good results of late as they beat Israel away 1-0 and then drew 2-2 at home to the Swiss. Greece is coming off a late eqauliser they conceded to Moldova so they will want to ensure that they not only score one but at least another goal so the same thing does not happen again. Should be an open game for both teams with plenty to play for France - Faroe Islands under 2.5 @ 4.50 (sportingbet) Great price for a pick that has a good chance of coming in. The French have not been playing the way they have been renowned for doing so and only managed a 1-0 win away to the faroes, who will be in a good mood after their 2-1 win over Lithuania last month. The French have drawn 1-1 in their last 2 games and won 1-0 in the previous 3 games, so while the Faroes are not expected to score, they have a good chance of limiting the French to 2 goals. Park the bus lads! Ireland - Italy under 2.5 @ 1.55 (pinnacle) Both teams have not been in good goalscoring form in these qualifiers but defensively they have been quite strong. Like the look of this trend following here again as the Italians only need a draw to secure top spot and they are the masters of playing the defensive game. As for the Irish, they will find it difficult to break down the italians but at the same time will not leave themselves exposed at the back, because they can pretty much kiss their game goodbye if they concede. Portugal - Hungary under 2.5 @ 2.28 (pinnacle) While both teams are equal 3rd and need a win as they are 2 points off second spot, their form in these qualifiers should this could be another low scoring game. Portugal have drawn 2 and lost once at home for 2 goals scored and 3 conceded while Hungary have won 2 and lost 1 away, scoring 3 and cocneding 2 goals. Only last month Portugal won 1-0 in Hungary and expect another close encounter with both teams needing a win here, but hesitant to allow the other to score on them. While Portugal have the better players, their are problems amongst the players and are finding it hard to gel, while the Hungarians may not have as good as players but they are playing as a team. Should be a tight and hard fought game with hopefully no more than a couple of goals in it
nice post:clap

Re: World Cup Qualifiers 10th October 2009 Ukraine v England - Away Win @ 2.5 (Stanjames, BetFred, Totesport, SkyBet, Ladbrokes & William Hill) Obviously not the the most straight forward of games for England as Ukraine still hold hopes of qualifying themselves, and as we all know it is never easy playing away from home in these kind of games. I just feel that the gulf in class between the two sides cannot be compensated by motivation and determination alone! Capello will make sure the England players enter the game in the right frame of mind and he will not allow them to take their foot off the gas as these games will make for good preparation for the World Cup. Changes in the side should have no effect on the team performance as I feel we now have adequate cover in almost all positions on the field. There is very stiff competition for places at the moment and everyone will be looking to prove their worth and stake their claim for a place in the world Cup Squad. At 2.5 the away win looks good value and I can see that price dropping once the starting line-ups are announced. Frank Lampard is having a bad time in front of goal of late but I fancy that to change very soon and he is more than capabe of bagging one in tonights fixture. Away Win @ 2.5 - 4pts Frank Lampard Anytime Goalscorer @ 4.5 - 1pt

Re: World Cup Qualifiers 10th October 2009 Hi everyone good day to you all.. These are my picks for the day. Enjoy. Ukraine v England Laying Ukraine on this one. Ukraine under pressure to win. I feel England will be at full Strength and raring to go. England will be more relaxed and can concentrate on their game. England v Croatia tiff has been avenged and there is No more England Croatia arguments. England battered Croatia twice and I think that got the message over loud and clear. Now England are not gonna let Ukraine win just to knock out Croatia, thats finished now. England dont care about Croatia anymore. I dont think England are gonna be scared of meeting Croatia at the World Cup. England will be more focused on themselves at this point. Performance improvements and tactical improvements are on the agenda now. I think a draw is realistically a possibility, but i cant see a Ukraine Victory. So im going for Lay Ukraine @ 2.98 Its seems to be a layers market today more than a backers market. SHould be a few Draws in my opinion. Russia v Germany Another game where the Home team "Russia" need to win to top the group, and Germany only need a draw then the standings in this group will remain the same. Germany first, Russia in Play off.. It was a toss off betweeen who im gonna lay here, the draw is the most probable result in this match. A big match it is, I stil feel the Germans will have enough to come out and leave with a point. Im gonna lay Russia though as I feel they are under more pressure than the Germans. The Germans will come here for a draw. Lay Russia @ 2.52

Re: World Cup Qualifiers 10th October 2009 Russia v Germany

Competition
WC Qualifying Europe
Date
10 October 2009
Kick-off
16:00
Facts: The game is being played on the artifical pitch in the Luzhniki arena. The last time Russia played a competitive game here they beat England 2 v 1 in a Euro 2008 qualifier two years ago that paved the way for their qualification at England's expense. The Russians, have never beaten Germany or West Germany in a competitive match, including the days of the Soviet Union. Swiss referee Massimo Busacca will also be in the spotlight after he was banned for three games for making an insulting gesture to fans at a local league match last month.
tbl_spc.gif FIFA World Cup European Qualifying : Group Four Table
P W D L F A GD PTS
1 Germany 8 7 1 0 24 4 20 22
2 Russia 8 7 0 1 18 4 14 21
3 Finland 8 4 2 2 11 12 -1 14
4 Wales 8 3 0 5 6 10 -4 9
5 Liechtenstein 8 0 2 6 2 19 -17 2
6 Azerbaijan 8 0 1 7 1 13 -12 1
tbl_spc.gif
Remaining Group 4 fixtures: Finland v Wales (10 Oct, 1500 BST) Russia v Germany (10 Oct, 1700 BST) Liechtenstein v Azerbaijan (10 Oct, 1900 BST) Liechtenstein v Wales (14 Oct) Azerbaijan v Russia (14 Oct) Germany v Finland (14 Oct) It's a straight race between Germany and Russia for top spot. Germany have the upper hand at the moment, but the 10 October match between the two is likely to be pivotal. The winners of that match are set to top the group (a draw favours Germany), with the team that misses out facing a play-off. (Source - BBC Sportwebsite) Head To Heads:
11-10-2008 WC Qualifyin… Germany 2 - 1 Russia
07-06-2005 Friendly Germany 2 - 2 Russia
15-06-1996 European Cha… Russia 0 - 3 Germany
06-09-1994 Friendly Russia 0 - 1 Germany
This game is pretty much the most important game in the group with both teams facing teams they should ought to win against in their final group game. Germany are in pole position knowing a draw will pretty much seal their berth as winners and not have the lottery of a play off game. Russia have to go out and attack the Germans here to win to leapfrog them and not have a play off game to worry about! Past results in games that had meaning have produced goals and with the likely scenario that Russia will be attacking Germany due to circumstances I can't see Germany being able to hold out the Russians who have not failed to score 2 or more goals at home in a competitive tournament since:
07-10-2006 European Cha… D Russia 1 - 1 Israel
Germany have been sound recently defensively however they have been playing rather inferior opposition and when they have played a better class of team away in competitive competitions they have never been able to keep a clean sheet:
10-09-2008 WC Qualifyin… D Finland 3 - 3 Germany
19-06-2008 European Cha… W Portugal 2 - 3 Germany
12-06-2008 European Cha… L Croatia 2 - 1 Germany
I see goals in this game as the likelihood of a lottery play off place for the loser will set the tone for this match! I also believe the nature of this game and the fact we have a referee who'll be getting scrutinised very closely by FIFA after being banned recently he'll be under pressure and he is less likely to let any infringements go which should see a high card count as both teams go for the automatic place! Predictions: Over 2 Goals @1.73 William Hill ***** Card Index: Over 45 Points @2.10 William Hill **** (yellow card = 10 points / red card = 25 points) :ok