** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

World Cup Qualifiers 10/11 October 2009

Re: World Cup Qualifiers 10/11 October 2009 the game really could have gone either way, both teams had loads of chances but when it came down to it the final result stands. Julio Cesar had a really bad game, was planted to his feet on like four occasions

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: World Cup Qualifiers 10th October 2009

My picks for the WC Qualifiers, Europe. Estonia v BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA Pick: BOSNIA to win, away. I think Bosnia will still win, if not 2 or 3-0 (Estonia is strong at home) then by one goal is enough! CZECH REPUBLIC v Poland Pick: CZECH, home win Reasoning: Poland seems to have really given up on this game. Czech on the other hand is ultra motivated. SERBIA v Romania Pick: SERBIA, home win. Reasoning: Romania in crisis, and although team is not so bad on paper, they really haven't been playing well together and haven't been playing well for a long time. Coach Antic really put a atmosphere of hope and confidence in this Serbia team, there will be 55,000 excited fans screaming for Serbia, Romania can't take something from this game in the condition they are in now, Serbia must win to avoid needing to win on the last day in Lithuania who could be tricky. GL everybody I hope all your bets go well.
Estonia 0-2 BOSNIA :clap CZECH 2-0 Poland :clap SERBIA 5-0 ROMANIA :clap Great weekend for me, hope you all did well :)

Re: World Cup Qualifiers 10/11 October 2009

watching Liverpool in istanbul... no game is over at half time :cheers I was expecting this to shape up like the Chile v Brazil game since brazil were already qualified then as well.. but they atleast finished their chances that game and won 4-2. I figured it would be flowing in attack for both sides but didnt expect Bolivia to be up.. especially 2-0 at HT lol!
The bookies aint stupid. THey dont give money away. They were offering 1.90 ish on Brazil B to win that match. NOw, I layed Brazil B Team last night because I know Bolivia is a hard place to get a result from, plus the fact Brazil didnt have any 1st teamers on the pitch cos they didnt need points from that game. They didnt give a rats ass. When the bookies offer that kinda price for a Team like Brazil, then you know something is up. If Brazil needed those 3 points bad, and had Kaka, Dinho, Adriano, and the rest of the first teamers out on the pitch, then you would be looking at odds around 1.3 or less on Brazil. YOu really have to watch for these kind of games, cos you can really make alot of money out of matches like this. Look at the odds, look at the circumstances, Do they need the points?. Its easy to work out. YEsterday Bolivia played against a team with the name Brazil, it can fool people. It was infact Bolivia vs Team B. Would you back Team B at odds of 1.90 away becasue they are Brazillian players.. I wouldnt. I would back Brazil at those odds if KAka, Dinho, Robinho were on the pitch maybe, but not when its just fringe players making up the numbers

Got the Serbia and Czech :cheers
Why? Please give reasoning for your bets, or it's meaningless. :ok This thread is full of fantastic previews and opinions, which is how it should be done. ;) In fact, it's one of the best threads I've seen on PL in a long time.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers 10/11 October 2009 Andorra vs Ukraine Advice: 10pts on Ukraine (-3) AH @ 2.08 Ladbrokes I’ll take Ukraine on this line. First up we must remember if Ukraine win this game they will go through to the play offs. Second, there is something wrong if they do not win this game. Andorra are a part time outfit and their results certainly show that. In their last 4 games they have lost 3-1 at home to Kazakhstan, 5 and 6-0 away at Ukraine & England a 5-1 away at Belarus. I just think Ukraine should be able to cover this line and our money is returned for a 3 goal winning margin which is the most likely in my opinion. Good price here and I am willing to take it. Lithuania vs Serbia Advice: 10pts on Serbia @ 2.24 Canbet I believe Serbia are a good enough price here. People are saying what have they got to play for having just qualified etc but lets look at it this way. Lithuania sit 3rd bottom with just 9 points meanwhile Serbia have just qualified for the world cup after thrashing Romania 5-0... In my eyes Serbia will be more up for this game than the hosts. Lithuania’s recent defeats have come against Austria & The Faroe Islands and I can’t see why anyone would have confidence in them to win this. Serbia are clearly a cut above and I’ll happily take this price all day long on the visitors. Uruguay vs Argentina Advice: 10pts on Uruguay @ 2.54 Canbet I’m not going to try and be fancy about this and make a case for Argentina as I simply cannot make one. For me, Uruguay are the team to beat here and I honestly believe any odds against has to be snapped up. Argentina have the squad and the potential but their game plan and tactically inept manager, Maradona, is just not clicking. They were lucky to beat Peru at the weekend and I remember watching them being played off the park by Paraguay last month aswell. They have lost away at Ecuador (2-0) and to Bolivia (6-1) in recent games aswell. I think people are forgetting this is a must win for Uruguay aswell and not just Argentina. With the exception of a 4-0 defeat by Brazil, Uruguay’s home form is fantastic. Uruguay at 6/4 represent terrific value and I will be very very surprised if Argentina manage to win this.

The bookies aint stupid. THey dont give money away. They were offering 1.90 ish on Brazil B to win that match. NOw, I layed Brazil B Team last night because I know Bolivia is a hard place to get a result from, plus the fact Brazil didnt have any 1st teamers on the pitch cos they didnt need points from that game. They didnt give a rats ass. When the bookies offer that kinda price for a Team like Brazil, then you know something is up. If Brazil needed those 3 points bad, and had Kaka, Dinho, Adriano, and the rest of the first teamers out on the pitch, then you would be looking at odds around 1.3 or less on Brazil. YOu really have to watch for these kind of games, cos you can really make alot of money out of matches like this. Look at the odds, look at the circumstances, Do they need the points?. Its easy to work out. YEsterday Bolivia played against a team with the name Brazil, it can fool people. It was infact Bolivia vs Team B. Would you back Team B at odds of 1.90 away becasue they are Brazillian players.. I wouldnt. I would back Brazil at those odds if KAka, Dinho, Robinho were on the pitch maybe, but not when its just fringe players making up the numbers
Sorry, but most of your post is pure hindsight. Brazil would never be 1.30 in La Paz, simply because of the altitude issue. I don't care if they had Zico and Socrates (in their prime) on the pitch. ;) We want to hear your opinions, but before the match would be better. ;)

Andorra vs Ukraine Advice: 10pts on Ukraine (-3) AH @ 2.08 Ladbrokes I’ll take Ukraine on this line. First up we must remember if Ukraine win this game they will go through to the play offs. Second, there is something wrong if they do not win this game. Andorra are a part time outfit and their results certainly show that. In their last 4 games they have lost 3-1 at home to Kazakhstan, 5 and 6-0 away at Ukraine & England a 5-1 away at Belarus. I just think Ukraine should be able to cover this line and our money is returned for a 3 goal winning margin which is the most likely in my opinion. Good price here and I am willing to take it. Lithuania vs Serbia Advice: 10pts on Serbia @ 2.24 Canbet I believe Serbia are a good enough price here. People are saying what have they got to play for having just qualified etc but lets look at it this way. Lithuania sit 3rd bottom with just 9 points meanwhile Serbia have just qualified for the world cup after thrashing Romania 5-0... In my eyes Serbia will be more up for this game than the hosts. Lithuania’s recent defeats have come against Austria & The Faroe Islands and I can’t see why anyone would have confidence in them to win this. Serbia are clearly a cut above and I’ll happily take this price all day long on the visitors. Uruguay vs Argentina Advice: 10pts on Uruguay @ 2.54 Canbet I’m not going to try and be fancy about this and make a case for Argentina as I simply cannot make one. For me, Uruguay are the team to beat here and I honestly believe any odds against has to be snapped up. Argentina have the squad and the potential but their game plan and tactically inept manager, Maradona, is just not clicking. They were lucky to beat Peru at the weekend and I remember watching them being played off the park by Paraguay last month aswell. They have lost away at Ecuador (2-0) and to Bolivia (6-1) in recent games aswell. I think people are forgetting this is a must win for Uruguay aswell and not just Argentina. With the exception of a 4-0 defeat by Brazil, Uruguay’s home form is fantastic. Uruguay at 6/4 represent terrific value and I will be very very surprised if Argentina manage to win this.
Mate I think you missed the tread:D. Also, I wouldn't be so sure about Serbia win. Serbian coach Antic said that he will give chance to players who didn't feature much in previous matches, also some important players like Vidic and Stankovic will not play because of suspension/injury. Serbia is certainly a better side but I think that draw is very possible result.