** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

World Cup Qualifiers 10/11 October 2009

Re: World Cup Qualifiers 10th October 2009

Denmark vs Sweden: Fact. 7 out of 10 matches between us and Sweden ended under 2.5 goals. Fact. Both teams have quite important missings. I am danish. I dislike alot of our veteran strikers and the whole nation dislikes the coach. The danish national team arent in a great form as a whole, and neither is the swedish. They are equally bad and it will be up to the teamplay for either side on the day, to determine the winning team. There have always been a certain rivalry between the two, and given the fact than Denmark is at home, they do have the upper hand, as they wont want to lose this match. As described above, the two nordic teams are equally bad, and I do not expect alot of goals in this match. As Caveman wrote in the previous post, it will most likely be 0:0, 1:0, 0:1 or 1:1. I honestly do not think there will be a goal fest in this match as it is HIGHLY unlikely. Under 2.5 goals is by a million miles the safest choice. If i had to place another bet on the match I would say that Bendtner to score for small stakes would be worth a try. If the danes can manage to get a goal that is.
1 - 0 FT :clap:nana:clap:nana:clap

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: World Cup Qualifiers 10th October 2009 Bolivia v Brazil (Sunday 9pm) Bolivia are already eliminated and have lost their last four matches since their amazing 6-1 home win against Argentina in April. Much has been said about the Bolivians' advantage of playing at high altitude, yet they have lost both of their last two home matches against Ecuador [who also play at high altitude] and Venezuela. But the motivation of playing Brazil should offer their opponents a tough test with Marcelo Martins pleading for their fans to roar them to a famous win. However, Bolivia must try to do this without their hat-trick hero from the Argentina match, Jorge Botero, who has not played in the last four matches [all defeats] after falling out with the coach. Brazil, of course, have already qualified for South Africa. Dunga has chosen to leave out some of his main stars for this game and will instead look to test out some fringe players. However, with World Cup places up for grabs, there is an incentive for these players to do well. Overall: I think Brazil are too good for Bolivia, but odds of 1.80 is too short for me. I would prefer to look at the anytime goalscorer market with small punts on Brazil's Nilmar [who scored a hat-trick in their last match] at 2.87 and Bolivia's Marcelo Moreno at 3.50.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers 10th October 2009 Bolivia vs. Brazil Right, after yet another disappointing International day yesterday I am going for one more bet to try and dig me out of trouble. This is a bet I was looking at regardless of how yesterday went. Bolivia currently stand second from bottom in the standings with 12 points. Only Peru have achieved less this campaign. Much is made of the altitude of the Bolivia stadium and that teams often struggle coming there. I don't know how much of an advantage it can give, but they are 3-2-3 at home. They beat Paraguay, Peru and Argentina all convincingly. More recently they lost to Venezuela and Ecuador at home. Brazil have long ago qualified and this is just a test for untried players to prove their worth. In an attempt to minimise the effect of the altitude Dunga has apparently selected a team to best combat the effects. "Ramires, Josue, Miranda, Daniel Alves, Diego Souza, Adriano and Nilmar will receive rare opportunities from the kick-off." This team should want to prove their worth as they are genuine outside members of the squad and presumably will want to prove themselves. How much motivation a team will carry is always hard to judge. It is believed that Bolivia are going with a defensive approach this match, which they will presumably use to counter-attack Brazil. I don't know much of Bolivia beyond what I read, but at 4/5 I will take a chance on Brazil coming there for the points. Brazil win - 4/5 - High stakes.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers 10th October 2009 Benin v Ghana (Sunday 4pm) Benin may require a win to boost their chances of reaching next year's African Nations Cup and the bookmakers feel that they have a good chance with a full-strength side against Ghana who have already secured their place at the World Cup. However, Ghana's coach Milovan Rajevic maintains that this match is "important for pride and consistency" so they may not ease off as much as people anticipate. Ghana have won all their qualifiers so far and have yet to concede a goal. Despite the absence of Sulley Muntari and John Mensah they can keep their run going. Overall: I feel that Ghana have too much quality for Benin as despite missing Muntari and Mensah, they still can call on Michael Essien, Stephen Appiah and Asamoah Gyan. The away win at 2.40 is a good price.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers 10th October 2009 Did anybody see Maradona's face after Peru scored?Ha ha :lol,i wish they would finish in draw,so lucky at the end.Messi doesn't shine when plays international.Looks like he can only score for Barca.Argentina didn't impress me at all.Peru were @10.0 to score in 2nd half. Columbia were even better,what a match :okI did like 2 last goals from Chile.that was classic,2 almost the same goals,pass forward,defenders failed to make offside and goal.Great win for Chile.I thought Columbian coach will have heart attack :lol

Re: World Cup Qualifiers 10th October 2009 Nigeria v Mozambique (Sunday 5pm) The bookmakers have Nigeria as 1.20 to win this match, and while the home side should win, I don't believe that this will be as comfortable as the odds suggest. In the reverse fixture in March the teams drew 0-0, but the main focus was on the referee who controversially disallowed two Mozambique goals. Obafemi Martins, Joseph Yobo and Yakubu all return, but John Obi Mikel, Kanu and Uche are all sidelined. Mozambique may not be the best of travellers but with a realistic chance of African Nations Cup qualification, I doubt they will surrender. Overall: Home win, but not to be backed at 1.20. Nigeria do require a win so expect them to attack whereas Mozambique will look to stifle them. I think I will be avoiding this one.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers 10/11 October 2009 I have a bit of a situation that when I was in last time I kind of goofed up and didnt think about creating my own insurance on the bet. I have a $20 accu for just under 1k with one game left to win, Brazil needs to beat Bolivia. Now last time I had this come up I decided not to make a bet because I thought Argentina being the last game against Bolivia at home would be sufficient. Score ended up 6-1 in favor of Bolivia. Now im in a similar situation and thought about laying decent money on Bolivia and a draw between the two. Bolivia is at +375 at the draw is at +240... and as I was thinking if I wager anything above $20 for the two, any result is profit. Any two teams have a chance of winning or losing, but can Bolivia really upset Brazil when neither have anything to play for except to impress their fans and coach?

Re: World Cup Qualifiers 10/11 October 2009 Tunisia v Kenya (Sunday 5pm) A home win is vital for Tunisia to remain at least two points ahead of Nigeria and as favourites for World Cup qualification. This has to be expected against a Kenyan side who are without McDonald Mariga and Dennis Oliech, and whose national game has been covered in controversy. There is also an air of disappointment as their chances of African Nations Cup qualification is looking grim, a point behind Mozambique with their final two matches against Tunisia and Nigeria. Overall: Comfortable home win, but not really profitable at 1.22. But Tunisia -1.5, -2 AH is worth it at 1.85.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers 10th October 2009

Did anybody see Maradona's face after Peru scored?Ha ha :lol,i wish they would finish in draw,so lucky at the end.Messi doesn't shine when plays international.Looks like he can only score for Barca.Argentina didn't impress me at all.Peru were @10.0 to score in 2nd half. Columbia were even better,what a match :okI did like 2 last goals from Chile.that was classic,2 almost the same goals,pass forward,defenders failed to make offside and goal.Great win for Chile.I thought Columbian coach will have heart attack :lol
I was in disbelief watching those games, Uraguay, Chile and Argentina responded within a minute or two after being scored on with a goal of their own. Just goes to show you how vulnerable teams really are after they score or in the first 5 and last 5 minutes of the game. stats prove it, SA teams basically cemented those stats lol I was just glad all of the teams saved themselves and made my accu go through I was lucky :hope

Re: World Cup Qualifiers 10/11 October 2009 Guinea v Burkina Faso (Sunday 6pm) I had already previewed this match above, but am now going to adjust my prediction as I have been informed that the match will be played at a neutral venue. Clearly, this will benefit the "away" side. However Guinea are probably the better side on paper, require a win to boost their chances of African Nations Cup qualification, and their players may look for a win that would give the people of Guinea [a country marred with massacres and political tension] something to cheer. Overall: The match being at a neutral venue puts me off a little. I believe that anything could happen here, so this is one for me to avoid. Mali v Sudan (Sunday 6pm) Mali only require a point to qualify for the African Nations Cup and should do so with home advantage. They will prefer to do so here rather than wait until a difficult final match away to Ghana. Mali also have a fully fit squad, with Mahamadou Diarra returning from injury and Freddie Kanoute available too. Sudan are bottom of the group with just a single point. Most of their players ply their trades in the Sudanese league and lack the quality of performing against top class players. Overall: Comfortable win for Mali. Very tempting to back them here at -2 AH at 2.11. Algeria v Rwanda (Sunday 6.15pm) Algeria have already qualified for next year's African Nations Cup and with two matches remaining are in the driving seat of this group. The Rwandans haven't scored in four qualifiers so far in this group, despite their defence only conceding five goals over the same period. Their captain Olivier Karekezi is out with an injury. Overall: It is hard to see Algeria not winning this one. But not really worth supporting at 1.14 against a team who is pretty well organised. Perhaps the Draw-Algeria HT/FT forecast is worth backing at 4.33.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers 10/11 October 2009 So you need Brazil to win your accy stoned? For a K I would lay Brazil at least for some money as we all know how unpredictable these SA games can be. I would probably lay 3 or 4 hundred pounds so that you at least come out with something nice if Brazil do fail, but dont take too much out of your K if they win.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers 10/11 October 2009 yeah I need a win from Brazil, but im thinking about putting 100 on both the draw +240 and Bolivia at +375 since any outcome will be profitable. I do think Brazil can handle this game but as you point out SA games are always unpredictable and I would be surely pissed to come out with nothing lol Brazil ! :hope

Re: World Cup Qualifiers 10/11 October 2009

yeah I need a win from Brazil, but im thinking about putting 100 on both the draw +240 and Bolivia at +375 since any outcome will be profitable. I do think Brazil can handle this game but as you point out SA games are always unpredictable and I would be surely pissed to come out with nothing lol Brazil ! :hope
I was looking for the accumulator posted but can't find it? Are you *sure* you have this one match left?

I was looking for the accumulator posted but can't find it? Are you *sure* you have this one match left?
I dont have time to write up a review for each game in my accu so I do not post them. Im just seeking advice on what to do now that profit is inevitable. But yes Brazil is all that is left for a good return, Argentina, Chile, Uraguay, Mexico, USA, Brazil. I was very lucky to see Argentina and Uraguay score in the final minutes to see this accu to the last game.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers 10/11 October 2009 NOt many teams win up at Bolivia I can tell you. Its such a high altitude, that most teams cant handle it. Argentina lost 6-1 there i believe not so long ago. but Ecudor and Venezuela have been successful there recently. Brazil will remain top of the group even if they lose. Then they have an easy game at home to Venezuela afterwards to win the Group. SO Brazil dont need to win this game, and im thinking about laying Brazil personally, as Bolivia is a tough place to get a result. Line ups are important here also. A win will rap up the group, but Brazil have already qualified anyways. SO its not like Brazil really need to win.

:rollin twice now they found the net without any goalie contention' date=' brazil have missed their chances too. should be a fun game eh[/quote'] If there is any team that can come back, it's Brazil. Got my fingers crossed for you.

NOt many teams win up at Bolivia I can tell you. Its such a high altitude' date=' that most teams cant handle it. Argentina lost 6-1 there i believe not so long ago. but Ecudor and Venezuela have been successful there recently. Brazil will remain top of the group even if they lose. Then they have an easy game at home to Venezuela afterwards to win the Group. SO Brazil dont need to win this game, and im thinking about laying Brazil personally, as Bolivia is a tough place to get a result. Line ups are important here also. A win will rap up the group, but Brazil have already qualified anyways. SO its not like Brazil really need to win.[/quote'] Its game over already at HT im afraid. Brazil have a 2nd team out aswell which dont help matters for them. Brazil will be back though and will win the next game and will end up Group winners still.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers 10/11 October 2009 well the only thing I do not want is a draw.. well Ill get 74 for the draw, 958 for Brazil win, and 660 for bolivia so the score seems fine to me either way I just hope brazil doesnt come back only to get a draw lol! ty though :hope

Its game over already at HT im afraid. Brazil have a 2nd team out aswell which dont help matters for them. Brazil will be back though and will win the next game and will end up Group winners still.
watching Liverpool in istanbul... no game is over at half time :cheers I was expecting this to shape up like the Chile v Brazil game since brazil were already qualified then as well.. but they atleast finished their chances that game and won 4-2. I figured it would be flowing in attack for both sides but didnt expect Bolivia to be up.. especially 2-0 at HT lol!

well the only thing I do not want is a draw.. well Ill get 74 for the draw' date=' 958 for Brazil win, and 660 for bolivia so the score seems fine to me either way I just hope brazil doesnt come back only to get a draw lol! ty though :hope[/quote'] Bum twitch time - hope it works out for you :hope