** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

The "All Green" Grand National 2010 - NOW INCLUDING 2011!!

Re: The "All Green" Grand National 2010 Looking quite good now AK :ok, I've followed you on some of these, not as much money though, and I'm showing £5 red at the moment from £65 invested, so a few virtually free bets at good prices. You do have a few chances at the current prices to get liability down before the weights come out, I presume your waiting a bit longer for the prices to contract a bit more, hopefully, so you can reach the magic 'all green', best of luck. :hope

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The "All Green" Grand National 2010

Looking quite good now AK :ok, I've followed you on some of these, not as much money though, and I'm showing £5 red at the moment from £65 invested, so a few virtually free bets at good prices. You do have a few chances at the current prices to get liability down before the weights come out, I presume your waiting a bit longer for the prices to contract a bit more, hopefully, so you can reach the magic 'all green', best of luck. :hope
Cheers Shrewdie, it sounds like you could end up "all green" yourself :ok I think you are right, I could probably green up now if I wanted but I am taking a bit of a gamble that Iris de Balme runs well in the Eider in a couple of weeks and also that a couple of others shorten further.

Re: The "All Green" Grand National 2010 Weights announced: ALBERTAS RUN (IRE) 9-11-10; MADISON DU BERLAIS (FR) 9-11-10; NOTRE PERE (FR) 9-11-10; TARANIS (FR) 9-11-09; OUR VIC (IRE) 12-11-08; MON MOME (FR) 10-11-07; BLACK APALACHI (IRE) 11-11-06; JOE LIVELY (IRE) 11-11-06; VIC VENTURI (IRE) 10-11-06. COMPLY OR DIE (IRE) 11-11-05; DON’T PUSH IT (IRE) 10-11-05; IRISH INVADER (IRE) 9-11-05; MADE IN TAIPAN (IRE) 8-11-04; NICHE MARKET; TRICKY TRICKSTER (IRE) 7-11-04; CASEY JONES (IRE) 9-11-03; CLOUDY LANE 10-11-03; DREAM ALLIANCE 9-11-03; NOZIC (FR) 9-11-03; POSSOL (FR) 7-11-03; SIEGEMASTER (IRE) 9-11-03; MY WILL (FR) 10-11-02; PABLO DU CHARMIL (FR) 9-11-02; ONE COOL COOKIE (IRE) 9-11-01; WAR OF ATTRITION (IRE) 11-11-01; BACKSTAGE (FR) 8-11-00; BALLYHOLLAND (IRE) 9-11-00; BEAT THE BOYS (IRE) 9-11-00; PREISTS LEAP (IRE) 10-11-00; ROULEZ COOL 7-11-00. BERONI (IRE) 8-10-13; CAN’T BUY TIME (IRE) 8-10-13; LE BEAU BAI (FR) 7-10-13; SEVEN IS MY NUMBER (IRE); SNOWY MORNING (IRE) 10-10-13; AIR FORCE ONE (GER) 8-10-12; BIG FELLA THANKS 8-10-12; DARKNESS 11-10-12; DEUTSCHLAND (USA) 7-10-12; LOUPING D’AINAY (FR) 11-10-12; CHARACTER BUILDING (IRE) 10-10-11; CHELSEA HARBOUR (IRE) 10-10-11; DOONEYS GATE (IRE) 9-10-11; GONE TO LUNCH (IRE) 10-10-11; KORNATI KID 8-10-11; STATE OF PLAY 10-10-11; ELLERSLIE GEORGE (IRE) 10-10-10; FOLLOW THE PLAN (IRE) 7-10-10 ; JAYO (FR) 7-10-10; ROYAL COUNTY STAR (IRE) 11-10-10; BALLYFITZ 10-10-09; CONNA CASTLE (IRE) 11-10-09; EQUUS MAXIMUS (IRE) 10-10-09; ERIC’S CHARM (FR) 12-10-09; KING JOHNS CASTLE (IRE) 11-10-09; OLLIE MAGERN 12-10-09; ARBOR SUPREME (IRE) 8-10-08; CANE BRAKE (IRE) 11-10-08; KILCREA CASTLE (IRE) 8-10-08; LENNON (IRE) 10-10-08; MALJIMAR (IRE) 10-10-08; NEW ALCO (FR) 9-10-08; BIBLE LORD (IRE) 9-10-07; IRISH RAPTOR (IRE) 11-10-07; MR POINTMENT (IRE) 11-10-07; PARSONS PISTOL (IRE) 8-10-07; PIRAYA (FR) 7-10-07; RAZOR ROYALE (IRE) 8-10-07; THE PACKAGE 7-10-07. HELLO BUD (IRE) 12-10-06; IRIS DE BALME (FR) 10-10-06; PALYPSO DE CREEK (FR) 7-10-06; TRUST FUND (IRE) 12-10-06; ABBEYBRANEY (IRE) 9-10-05; CERIUM (FR) 9-10-05; FLINTOFF (USA) 9-10-05; PARSONS LEGACY (IRE) 12-10-05; ROYAL ROSA (FR) 11-10-05; SILVER BIRCH (IRE) 13-10-05; COE (IRE) 8-10-04; GLENFINN CAPTAIN (IRE) 11-10-04; KNOWHERE (IRE) 12-10-04; OODACHEE 11-10-04; WHINSTONE BOY(IRE) 9-10-04; FAASEL (IRE) 9-10-03; MUMBLES HEAD (IRE) 9-10-03; OFFICIER DE RESERVE (FR) 8-10-03; SIZING AUSTRALIA (IRE) 8-10-03; TRABOLGAN (IRE) 12-10-03; CHIEF DAN GEORGE (IRE) 10-10-02; DUERS (IRE) 8-10-02; BALLYTRIM (IRE) 9-10-01; OFFSHORE ACCOUNT (IRE) 10-10-01; P AK JACK (FR) 10-10-01; BOYCHUK (IRE) 9-10-00; KINGS ADVOCATE (IRE) 10-10-00; TREACLE (IRE) 9-10-00. GALANT NUIT (FR) 6-9-13; ANOTHERCOPPERCOAST (IRE) 10-9-12; BELON GALE (IRE) 7-9-12; POMME TIEPY (FR) 7-9-12; MERIGO (FR) 9-9-10; CHIARO (FR) 8-9-09; KILBEGGAN BLADE 11-9-09; ACCORDING TO JOHN (IRE) 10-9-08; LORUM LEADER (IRE) 9-9-07; OLD BENNY 9-9-07. OVER THE CREEK 11-9-04; COSSACK DANCER (IRE) 12-9-01; WEE ROBBIE; OFFALY (IRE) 9-8-12.

Re: The "All Green" Grand National 2010 The stand out one for me is One Cool Cookie – How on earth he has been awarded that weight is beyond me and I wouldn’t be surprised if he was pulled out now  The trainer was fuming with his weight last year and pulled him out and he’s been even more harshly treated this year. He is officially rated in the early 140’s yet this mark equates to 155 if you assume Albertas Run is 164. Bizarre. Other than that I’m pretty pleased. I have big wins on Iris de Balme, Hello Bud and Cane Brake, all of whom have been treated fairly. Its noticeable how many of the market leaders will have to carry over 11 stone – traditionally a disadvantage although the trend has nearly been busted a few times recently so could go this year. I’ve had a nibble on Trust Fund who now gets into the race due to his experience over the Aintree Fences. £4 @ 180.0 for him He reminds me of Lord Atterbury, who finished 3rs @ 66/1 one year. I think Air Force One is looking well treated on old form. His rating equates to about 150, which is 3lb lower than when he was runner up in the Hennessy in 2008. A bettee run next time out and he will be right in the frame.

Re: The "All Green" Grand National 2010 Really think the weight trend could be the one to go this year. The first 4 home last year carried 11 stone or more and if Mon Mome is top weight this year then over half the field could be carrying 11 stone plus including most of the market leaders.

Re: The "All Green" Grand National 2010 Trainer reaction: Paul Nicholls (Taranis 11st 9lb, Tricky Trickster 11st 4lb, Nozic 11st 3lb, My Will 11st 2lb, Big Fella Thanks 10st 12lb): "They are all possible runners but we will leave definite plans to nearer the time. "We will see how Taranis goes in the Gold Cup and make a decision after that. I think he has the right profile but Mrs Yeoman isn't totally convinced. "Tricky Trickster went up 3lb for winning on Saturday but we can live with that. "He is improving and has the right profile. I am not worried about his age and Big Fella Thanks was sixth in the race last year as a novice. "He won the four-miler at Cheltenham last year and when you are targeting horses at a particular race, then you are best doing that when they are younger. "Big Fella Thanks was dropped 3lb after running at Kempton on Friday and I am happy with that. "He will run at Newbury at the beginning of next month over two and a half miles, while Tricky Trickster and My Will will both run in the Gold Cup. "My Will has been out of form and will need to jump better than he did at Aintree last year, while Nozic will go straight to Aintree. "I have trained Big Fella Thanks and Tricky Trickster especially for the race and it has been the target all of the way. "Chris Giles told me he wanted a horse for the National so we bought him Tricky Trickster last May and it has been his target since. "I haven't trained him or Big Fella Thanks hard yet and I certainly wouldn't swap them for anything. "I don't know which Ruby will ride and I am not going to worry about 2lb here or 3lb there as you need a lot of luck." Nigel Twiston-Davies (Beat The Boys 11st, Ollie Magern 10st 9lb, Ballyfitz 10st 9lb, Irish Raptor 10st 7lb, Razor Royale 10st 7lb, Hello Bud 10st 6lb, Knowhere 10st 4lb): "All of them have racing weights and I'd be happy for all to run if they get there. Razor Royal is an up-and-coming sort and I'd say he, Irish Raptor and Hello Bud are my best ones." Jonjo O'Neill (Albertas Run 11st 10lb, Don't Push It 11st 5lb, Can't Buy Time, 10st 13lb): "Albertas Run has a lot of weight, but that's the way it is. "He will run at Ascot on Saturday and we'll take it from there. "Can't Buy Time is a nice horse, he might go for the Topham instead. "Don't Push It is going for the Pertemps Final and then Aintree. He's a good jumper and will keep going." Jim Dreaper (Notre Pere 11st 10lb): "It doesn't matter what we think about it, that's the weight they are going to carry. "That's more or less what we expected. We'll put up with it. "The National is one of the options. He was disappointing the last day (in the Irish Hennessy) but the run of the race didn't go for him. "If it's heavy ground he might still line-up in the Gold Cup, if it's good ground he won't "As far as the National is concerned the ground doesn't matter as much, running four and a half miles on heavy ground isn't fair on any horse. "I would hope he'd take to the National fences but you never actually really know until you try. "He appears to be in good form and he may go to Fairyhouse (for the Bobbyjo Chase) on Saturday." Mouse Morris (War Of Attrition 11st 1lb): "'I think with that weight they are basically saying they don't want us to run. "'If Albertas Run is rated 164 and we are getting 9lb, that means he's rating us 155. "I entered our horse in a handicap chase at Sandown the other week and they rated him 149 so I don't know how they've come up with 11st 1lb to be honest. "We've decided we're not going to go as we won't be going where we're not wanted and I don't know how he can justify that weight. "The plan now would be to go straight to the World Hurdle and he'll then probably have his last run at the Punchestown Festival in the Guinness Gold Cup or the big staying hurdle race. Donald McCain (Cloudy Lane 11st 3lb): "I would have preferred a pound or two less, but I'm not really surprised and it's pretty much what I expected. "We just have to hope one of those at the top runs now, so we'll see what happens. "He's entered over hurdles at Haydock this weekend and he could go there as he's in good nick and it would just keep him ticking over before he goes for the Grimthorpe Chase at Doncaster (March 6)." Charlie Mann (Air Force One 10st 12lb): "I'm delighted with that and I was thinking anything under 11st would be a bonus. "He ran really well at Newbury the other day and has come out of the race in super form. "The plan now would be to either find a race at Cheltenham for him or maybe go to Doncaster for the Grimthorpe. Tom Taaffe (Cane Brake 10st 8lb, Glenfinn Captain 10st 4lb, Treacle 10st, Kings Advocate 10st): "Cane Brake has been trained for the race and we'll continue to look that way for him. "I'd quite like Treacle to get into the race as well but I'm not sure if he will off 10st, we'll just have to see. "I guess if he doesn't we'll have a look at the Irish National for him. "Kings Advocate would be a possible if he gets in and I can't rule it in or out for Glenfinn Captain as we were disappointed with his run at Gowran the other day and we're still trying to get to the bottom of that." Jimmy Mangan (Conna Castle 10st 9lb, Whinstone Boy 10st 4lb): "'Conna Castle beat Big Zeb in the Power Gold Cup and he's been high in the weights ever since. "He'll be having a run at Thurles next week and I'd be looking for a big run to prove that he deserves to take his chance in the National. "Whinstone Boy should get in off that weight. He's been a great servant and is in terrific form. He loves heavy going so I'd be looking for the ground to be like when Red Marauder won, but to be fair to Liverpool, they always have it nice and juicy so I'd be happy enough. "You won't see him in the near future but he might have one more run, possibly over hurdles, before the National." Jeremy Scott (Gone To Lunch 10st 11lb): "I'd be happy enough with that and we just want him to bounce back to a bit of form. "He was a bit disappointing at Sandown last time but we found he has one or two little muscle issues and the ground was probably soft enough for him that day. "He's entered at Wincanton this weekend but we'll see what the weather does and he might go there if he gets a bit of decent ground. "He'll probably either go to Aintree or to Ayr for the Scottish National, but it really depends how the horse is nearer the time. "If he goes to Aintree, it will all come down to the jumping.'" Howard Johnson (Lennon 10st 8lb, Abbeybraney 10st 5lb, Royal Rosa 10st 5lb, Belon Gale 9st 12lb): '"The National has been the plan for Abbeybraney all season, which is why I haven't run him since Hexham in December. "I'm very happy with his weight as long as he gets in and I can start getting stuck into him now and get him a run somewhere. "He's still a novice so he's got plenty of options at Cheltenham and places like that. "Royal Rosa has a great weight as well and I think it would just light him up going round there, while Lennon could run as well. "I've always thought he was a stayer but he's been running well over shorter trips. "He ran well at Doncaster the other day but he'll improve half a stone for that and as he jumps so well, he could give someone a right spin round Aintree. "Belon Gale probably won't run and he wouldn't get in anyway." Charlie Swan (One Cool Cookie 11st 1lb, Oodachee 10st 4lb, Offshore Account 10st 1lb): "One Cool Cookie is only rated 140. How the handicapper has come to his conclusion I don't know. "Oodachee is probably badly handicapped but he might get into the race. Offshore Account is nicely in and ran a good race in the National last year. "I'm happy with the weight given to those two, but for One Cool Cookie I'm a bit disappointed. "Oodachee and Offshore are both in the Racing Post Chase. I'll just see what the entries are like. They might go there is the ground was good. "One Cool Cookie could probably run in the Bobbyjo at Fairyhouse on Saturday. I'll make up my mind after that which way we go.'' Venetia Williams (Mon Mome 11st 7lb, Flintoff 10st 5lb, Officier De Reserve 10st 3lb): "Phil has put us up 2lb off our normal rating, which is pretty much what I expected. "In years gone by horses would have had to carry more than that. "He'll run in the Blue Square Gold Cup at Haydock this Saturday all being well and we'd be hoping for a good run and then all roads lead to Aintree. "The Gold Cup is an option. He ran in the Midlands National last year and that would be an option too. "Flintoff would have a chance of running and he'll probably start off in the Midlands National. "Officier De Reserve is going to run this weekend but he probably won't get a run in the National." John Quinn (Character Building 10st 11lb): "He should get a run and he'll have a nice racing weight. "He seems in good form and all being well, he'll run at Cheltenham (Kim Muir)." Richard Lee (Le Beau Bai 10st 13lb): "You always want less weight but I'm happy enough. "He goes to Haydock on Saturday for the Blue Square Gold Cup but he is ground dependant for Aintree. "I probably wouldn't run him if it's better than soft but one of his owners is the chairman of Aintree, so I may have my hand forced!" Charlie Longsdon (Palypso De Creek 10st 6lb): "Phil Smith said he'd try to help us get in after his good run in the Becher Chase. "He's been put up four or 5lb and we're still going to have to sweat slightly to see if we're going to get a run. "He'll either go for the Eider Chase at Newcastle or if it's too soft, he'll go for the Kim Muir." David Pipe (Madison Du Berlais 11st 10lb, Our Vic 11st 8lb, Comply Or Die 11st 5lb, Pablo Du Charmil 11st 2lb, Seven Is My Number 10st 13lb, Piraya 10st 7lb, The Package 10st 7lb, Faasel 10st 3lb, Over The Creek 9st 4lb): "Comply Or Die has been dropped 1lb and has a fair enough weight. "It's been the plan all season for him and he's in great form. He'll either run at Cheltenham or go straight to the National. "Madison Du Berlais has a realistic weight as he likes flat tracks. "He's in at Wincanton on Saturday and in the Racing Post Chase and he may go for one of those. "Pablo Du Charmil had a nasty fall at Cheltenham but all being well he'll go straight to Aintree. "Our Vic has a lot of weight and isn't getting any younger, but is in fantastic form and will go to Haydock on Saturday. "Piraya has a chance of getting in and his owner Terry Neill would love to have a runner. "Seven Is My Number has a fair enough weight and he'll appreciate better ground than last time, while The Package could be interesting off 10st 7lb. "The others probably won't get in." Jimmy Moffatt (Chief Dan George 10st 2lb): "That weight couldn't be more perfect from anybody's point of view, but there's a lot of water to go under the bridge between now and then. "It's a superb racing weight but at this moment it looks like it will be tough getting in the race. "He's a careful, steady jumper and we wouldn't mind a crack at it if everything was right at the time." Ferdy Murphy (New Alco 10st 8lb, Galant Nuit 9st 13lb): "Galant Nuit won't get in but he's a real horse for the future. "New Alco was going to run at Doncaster the other week but that was called off and I've taken him out of Haydock at the weekend as the ground will be bottomless. "We'll give him a run in the William Hill Trophy at Cheltenham and he'll then go to Aintree. "His weight looks fine and I think the race will suit him as he's a classy little horse and I don't think he's ever fallen in his life." Colin McBratney (Ballyholland 11st): "I thought he'd be off around 10st 6lb, 10st 7lb, but at least we're sure of getting in the race. "He's come out his last race in Naas well and he runs again there in a chase on March 7. Fingers crossed we'll get him there in one piece. "That will be his last run - it's five weeks before the National - and Andrew McNamara has committed himself to riding him at Aintree. "You never know if they will take to the fences until the day, but he's a very brave horse and I just hope the ground comes a bit drier for him." Bob Buckler (Niche Market 11st 4lb): "He was still gaining on Denman turning in on Saturday and even Tony McCoy was surprised he was still there. "He kept on galloping and got a little lonely in front. It is one of those unfortunate things that he got beat but he ran a bloody good race. "He has speed and ability and if you look at the credentials you need in a National horse, he has them all. "I knew he would end up around the weight he is, although in your dream world you always hope he may get couple of pounds less. "The weight puts him in the race well, but you do need a bit of luck as well. "At one stage we were going to leave him in the Gold Cup and whether we should have done after Saturday, who knows? "He has always shown us that he is a National horse and I won't get many like him in my lifetime. "To have a live chance in the National is amazingly satisfying but the worrying side is to keep the horse at his best for the day. You wouldn't want a setback two weeks before that would mean you are chasing your tail. "Good to soft ground will be ideal for him. He wouldn't want it fast and will cope with good." Dessie Hughes (Black Apalachi 11st 6lb, Vic Venturi 11st 6lb, Siegemaster 11st 3lb): "The weight they have got seems fair enough. They have both gone around the track and won a Becher Chase so I am happy enough. "They are both hopefully going to run in the Bobbyjo Chase this weekend so we will find out who is the best then. "When they get to Aintree it will be a different game so it is hard to know. "The race will come a year too early for Siegemaster and I feel he needs a break so will have a rest after running last weekend." Gordon Elliott (Backstage 11st, Silver Birch 10st 5lb): "It is a pity that it looks like Silver Birch won't get in as he does comes alive there. "He might just sneak in but it looks like he will struggle. "The step up in trip and better ground have suited Backstage and the Grand National is a race which will suit him well. "It will be great for the whole yard if he can win." Willie Mullins (Irish Invader 11st 5lb, Beroni 10st 13lb, Snowy Morning 10st 13lb, Deutschland 10st 12lb, Dooneys Gate 10st 11lb, Jayo 10st 10lb, Equus Maximus 10st 9lb, Arbor Supreme 10st 8lb, Ballytrim 10st 1lb, Pomme Tiepy 9st 12lb): "I will run as many as I can but I think Deutschland is too young, although he will come over here one day. "Abor Supreme had a good chance. He willlove the ground, has a lovely weight and is a nice age - but he wouldn't want the ground soft as he can't jump out of it. "Snowy Morning would be the best of mine but I don't think Ballytrim or Pomme Tiepy will get in. "Jayo is too young and although Dooneys Gate is a nine-year-old we have only just found out that he doesn't stay. "Beroni has a lot of weight, and while Irish Invader showed that he loved it last year, I am astounded at the weight he has got. "He is entered at the weekend and may run then and will have one, if not two, outings before the National." Evan Williams (State Of Play 10st 11lb): "It looks like we'll sneak in, the lower weight the better, so I'm happy. "It's important he's fresh and the plan has always been to go straight there." Nick Mitchell (Ellerslie George 10st 10lb): "We'll get the Racing Post Chase out of the way first but the main thing is that that his usual jockey (Robbie Henderson) is not going to have had enough winners to ride in the National. "We've a few ideas in the hat as to who would replace him." Francois Cottin (Louping D'Ainay 10st 12lb): "He has been off a long time and will probably have a prep-run at Auteuil in three weeks' time and take it from there. I'm happy with the weight. "Fitness will not be a problem but he has had problems." Jan Vokes (breeder and owner of Dream Alliance 11st 3lb): "It was an unbelievable experience to win the Welsh National and I want him to run at Aintree, although I will be frightened at the same time."

Re: The "All Green" Grand National 2010

"Can't Buy Time is a nice horse, he might go for the Topham instead.
Noted ;)
Charlie Mann (Air Force One 10st 12lb): "I'm delighted with that and I was thinking anything under 11st would be a bonus. "He ran really well at Newbury the other day and has come out of the race in super form. "The plan now would be to either find a race at Cheltenham for him or maybe go to Doncaster for the Grimthorpe.
He still hasnt committed to whether the horse will race in the Irish GN or Aintree version. He seems happy with the weight allotted so hopefully he will be tempted by Aintree. He rates a decent bet if so.

Re: The "All Green" Grand National 2010 I therefore dont think the weights will change. Can see both Madison and Notre Pere lining up. I’ve taken a look at the weights and judged by what ive read/interviews and general gut feeling, i think the cut off point could be as high as The Package on 10′7!! Would be terrible if Hello Bud and Iris de Balme were to miss the cut :( Heres the list with what I consider to be likely runners highlighted in bold: ALBERTAS RUN (IRE) 9-11-10; MADISON DU BERLAIS (FR) 9-11-10; NOTRE PERE (FR) 9-11-10; TARANIS (FR) 9-11-09; OUR VIC (IRE) 12-11-08; MON MOME (FR) 10-11-07; BLACK APALACHI (IRE) 11-11-06; JOE LIVELY (IRE) 11-11-06; VIC VENTURI (IRE) 10-11-06. COMPLY OR DIE (IRE) 11-11-05; DON’T PUSH IT (IRE) 10-11-05; IRISH INVADER (IRE) 9-11-05; MADE IN TAIPAN (IRE) 8-11-04; NICHE MARKET; TRICKY TRICKSTER (IRE) 7-11-04; CASEY JONES (IRE) 9-11-03; CLOUDY LANE 10-11-03; DREAM ALLIANCE 9-11-03; NOZIC (FR) 9-11-03; POSSOL (FR) 7-11-03; SIEGEMASTER (IRE) 9-11-03; MY WILL (FR) 10-11-02; PABLO DU CHARMIL (FR) 9-11-02; ONE COOL COOKIE (IRE) 9-11-01; WAR OF ATTRITION (IRE) 11-11-01; BACKSTAGE (FR) 8-11-00; BALLYHOLLAND (IRE) 9-11-00; BEAT THE BOYS (IRE) 9-11-00; PREISTS LEAP (IRE) 10-11-00; ROULEZ COOL 7-11-00. BERONI (IRE) 8-10-13; CAN’T BUY TIME (IRE) 8-10-13; LE BEAU BAI (FR) 7-10-13; SEVEN IS MY NUMBER (IRE); SNOWY MORNING (IRE) 10-10-13; AIR FORCE ONE (GER) 8-10-12; BIG FELLA THANKS 8-10-12; DARKNESS 11-10-12; DEUTSCHLAND (USA) 7-10-12; LOUPING D’AINAY (FR) 11-10-12; CHARACTER BUILDING (IRE) 10-10-11; CHELSEA HARBOUR (IRE) 10-10-11; DOONEYS GATE (IRE) 9-10-11; GONE TO LUNCH (IRE) 10-10-11; KORNATI KID 8-10-11; STATE OF PLAY 10-10-11; ELLERSLIE GEORGE (IRE) 10-10-10; FOLLOW THE PLAN (IRE) 7-10-10 ; JAYO (FR) 7-10-10; ROYAL COUNTY STAR (IRE) 11-10-10; BALLYFITZ 10-10-09; CONNA CASTLE (IRE) 11-10-09; EQUUS MAXIMUS (IRE) 10-10-09; ERIC’S CHARM (FR) 12-10-09; KING JOHNS CASTLE (IRE) 11-10-09; OLLIE MAGERN 12-10-09; ARBOR SUPREME (IRE) 8-10-08; CANE BRAKE (IRE) 11-10-08; KILCREA CASTLE (IRE) 8-10-08; LENNON (IRE) 10-10-08; MALJIMAR (IRE) 10-10-08; NEW ALCO (FR) 9-10-08; BIBLE LORD (IRE) 9-10-07; IRISH RAPTOR (IRE) 11-10-07; MR POINTMENT (IRE) 11-10-07; PARSONS PISTOL (IRE) 8-10-07; PIRAYA (FR) 7-10-07; RAZOR ROYALE (IRE) 8-10-07; THE PACKAGE 7-10-07. HELLO BUD (IRE) 12-10-06; IRIS DE BALME (FR) 10-10-06; PALYPSO DE CREEK (FR) 7-10-06; TRUST FUND (IRE) 12-10-06; ABBEYBRANEY (IRE) 9-10-05; CERIUM (FR) 9-10-05; FLINTOFF (USA) 9-10-05; PARSONS LEGACY (IRE) 12-10-05; ROYAL ROSA (FR) 11-10-05; SILVER BIRCH (IRE) 13-10-05; COE (IRE) 8-10-04; GLENFINN CAPTAIN (IRE) 11-10-04; KNOWHERE (IRE) 12-10-04; OODACHEE 11-10-04; WHINSTONE BOY(IRE) 9-10-04; FAASEL (IRE) 9-10-03; MUMBLES HEAD (IRE) 9-10-03; OFFICIER DE RESERVE (FR) 8-10-03; SIZING AUSTRALIA (IRE) 8-10-03; TRABOLGAN (IRE) 12-10-03; CHIEF DAN GEORGE (IRE) 10-10-02; DUERS (IRE) 8-10-02; BALLYTRIM (IRE) 9-10-01; OFFSHORE ACCOUNT (IRE) 10-10-01; P AK JACK (FR) 10-10-01; BOYCHUK (IRE) 9-10-00; KINGS ADVOCATE (IRE) 10-10-00; TREACLE (IRE) 9-10-00. GALANT NUIT (FR) 6-9-13; ANOTHERCOPPERCOAST (IRE) 10-9-12; BELON GALE (IRE) 7-9-12; POMME TIEPY (FR) 7-9-12; MERIGO (FR) 9-9-10; CHIARO (FR) 8-9-09; KILBEGGAN BLADE 11-9-09; ACCORDING TO JOHN (IRE) 10-9-08; LORUM LEADER (IRE) 9-9-07; OLD BENNY 9-9-07. OVER THE CREEK 11-9-04; COSSACK DANCER (IRE) 12-9-01; WEE ROBBIE; OFFALY (IRE) 9-8-12.

Re: The "All Green" Grand National 2010 Thanks mate :ok I've just read some comments from mouse Morris saying he is going to consult the owners before deciding on plans for war of attrition. I think he has realised he overreacted with his threat to pull him out of the race and actually forgot about the effect the compression of the handicap has had. WOA actually runs off a mark of 149 which in my opinion is a decent mark for a gold cup winner. During his rantthe other day mouse seemed totbink he was running off155 which of course makes no allowance for the compression. It's a basic miscalculation on his behalf and I think it would be foolish not to run him in this and expect him to come to perform a u turn. Watch the price collapse when he does. War of Attrition £7 @ 55.0

Re: The "All Green" Grand National 2010 If anyones interested, the other 2 antepost selections from the RFO were Character Building and Ballyholland. I might be interested in Character Building on the day of the race but I am reluctant to get involved antepost due to his injury problems. Ballyholland hasnt won past 2m 6f, which is off putting so i'm giving him a miss too. Having said that King Johns castle had a similar negative aginst him a couple of years ago and he managed to run 2nd behind Comply or Die.

Re: The "All Green" Grand National 2010 Updates from this week: Lays: Hello Bud - Have laid off £4.46 @ 55. Worried he wont get in. Iris de Balme - Have laid off £5 @ 44.0 partly for the same reason and partly because the Eider was canceeled today which was supposed to be his prep race. Backs: Snowy Morning £8 @ 34.0 3rd in this off 145 a couple of years ago, giving Comply or Die 4lb's and beaten 5 lengths. Spent most of the following season with a sky high mark, which he found tough, none more than in the 2009 National off 11 stone 8. Again, he completed the course but finished a distant 8th. This year has seen his mark drop to a more manageable 147, not necessarily through anything the horse has done wrong - he has been running at shorter trips and acquitting himself well. He has a great weight, is very consistent, has completed the Grand National course 2/2 and looks a contender to me. 33/1 looks decent. Big Fella Thanks £5 @ 20.0 Ran a great race last year as a novice to finish 6th and with another year under his belt should progress from that. He has less weight than last year and should run well. Joe Lively £2 @ 200.0 I went back in for this one at massive odds. I originally laid off my bet because the trainer implied he wouldnt run if he got a harsh weight, which in my opinion he has. However, there were quotes last week suggesting they are still going to run him and more importantly they fancy him to run well. They consider the generally available 66/1 is "insulting" so the 199/1 on betfair had to be taken. He runs his best races at Cheltenham and looked to be back to form last time so a decent performance at the Festival should see that price contract into double figures with a bit of luck :hope

Re: The "All Green" Grand National 2010 Its the first forfeit stage on 2 March and it will be interesting to see if War of Attrition stays in. Im praying Mouse Morris comes to his senses and runs him because everyone apart from him thinks he has a decent weight for a former Gold Cup winner. If he stays in, the price should half I reckon :ok

Re: The "All Green" Grand National 2010 It's the first forfeit stage today so it will be interesting to see who stays in and who doesnt. I think last year most horses dropped out at the 2nd forfeit stage so i'm not sure how revealing tomorrow will be. The main one for me to keep an eye on is War of Attrition. If he stays in today then its clear Mouse Morris is rethinking his initial comments from after the weights were announced.