** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

The "All Green" Grand National 2010 - NOW INCLUDING 2011!!

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The "All Green" Grand National 2010 - NOW INCLUDING 2011!! Thanks for the post lads :ok Soooooo close!!! My throat hurts from cheering on Oscar after the last fence, but he never really looked like getting there. So, a £100 profit is nice, a bit bittersweet though, having convinced myself Ballabriggs wouldnt stay and laying most of my profit off :$:$. Still, a profit is a profit - for 2 years running now, so I mustnt grumble. Now, I must start studying for next year :lol

Re: The "All Green" Grand National 2010 - NOW INCLUDING 2011!!

Great thread AK' date=' well done with the profit. Plenty had stamina doubts and after finishing dead on its feet at Cheltenham I was one of them. Ballabriggs to win it again in 2012? ;)[/quote'] Perfectly capable, because he has more scope than previous winners like Mon Mome and Don't Push It. The most important is the weight he'll have to carry though. Very hard to be burdened with 11-10 over 4m4f and win. It's virtually impossible. If Denman runs in the National though, then Ballabriggs will have a chance. If he has to be top weight again, he'll struggle. Personally I think The Midnight Club is the one to beat next year.

Re: The "All Green" Grand National 2010 - NOW INCLUDING 2011!! Yeah, I also thought Ballabriggs would fade in the last part of the race. Funny to think I had a 4-figure profit on him at one stage! (Well, its not that funny at all actually :lol) Whilst top weight is hard to defy, one day it will go - there's been plenty of runners up carrying top weight recently and DPI finished 3rd. I'll post some thoughts up on the race at some point and ones to look out for next year. I think this year's experience will benefit The Midnight Club Milen :ok I've asked for 50.0 on betfair. A bit optimistic but see if someone matches it for me. :hope

• 9 months later...