** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Mileni Over The Sticks 2011/2012

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 1.40 Ludlow - Candle 2.5pt e/w @ 7/2 Won his last two novices and was bang there in contention 3 out against very smart sorts lto. Beaten long way in 3rd, but was better than the losing margin suggests. Could still be well treated back in handicap copmany and 10lb claimer will help a lot.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010

1.40 Ludlow - Candle 2.5pt e/w @ 7/2 Won his last two novices and was bang there in contention 3 out against very smart sorts lto. Beaten long way in 3rd, but was better than the losing margin suggests. Could still be well treated back in handicap copmany and 10lb claimer will help a lot.
The 2.5pt on the place is at Betfair at 1.86, because it's an 8 runner race.

Ryanair Chase 2010 1pt to win Deep Purple @ 150.0 Betfair
Layed this back at 150 earlier, because the horse won't be suited by Cheltenham as his trainer later said. If someone is on, this can now be layed at a lot shorter. It is highly unlikely for him to line up in March. He needs flat track.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 Well Chief -8 Le Roi Rouge +13 Malko de Beaumont -3 Giles Cross +3.3 Lodge Lane -4 Aran Concerto -5 Barker -1 Poker De Sivola -4 Jaunty Journey -2 Our Vic +9 Like A Duke -3 Wizards Dust -4 Moonwalking -2 Mr Strachan +10.8 Parlesotho -3 Tartak -2 Tidal Bay -1 Candle -5 Deep Pockets +9.75 December Figures: Bets: 30 Staked: 101.0 P/L: -28.15 Yield: -27.87% October: +26.31 (Yield: +19.78%) November: +55.33 (Yield: +14.30%)

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 RSA Chase 2010 Knockara Beau.. 1pt @ 64.0 Tarablaze.. 2pt @ 90.0 Cousin Vinny.. 1.5pt @ 135.0 Inchidaly Rock.. 1pt back & lay @ 130.0 & 80.0 .. free 50pt The Midnight Club.. 2pt back & lay @ 65.0 & 30.0 .. free 70pt === Currently trading: The Midnight Club @ 130.0 Tarablaze @ 95.0 Inchidaly Rock @ 80.0 Knockara Beau @ 36.0 Cousin Vinny @ 120.0

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 1.50 Cheltenham - Offshore Account 1.5pt e/w 22/1 Might have bigger plans for the spring, but has been dropped 7 pounds after the Hennessy fall and is handicapped extremely well for today's race. Anything over 16/1 is value imo and I like O'Regan on board, who'll help the horse jump better and present him at the fences properly. If he runs to his novice form he has every chance of winning here.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 1.15 Cheltenham - Garde Champetre 5pt to win 2/1 5pt to place 1.47 Different class in these races and despite 6lb rise, he only needs to run upto his festival form to take this. With L'Ami missing he doesn't have anything special to beat and his 12yo stablemate being his biggest oposition says it all really.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 Boylesports Gold Cup Knowhere 1.25pt e/w @ 50/1 Nibbled at big prices for the Paddy Power just before the off. Went off at 20/1 being 40/1 the night before the race. Two bad jumps at the first two fences sealed his fate there. He was never really in touch after going virtually from first to last after those two jumps. I am willing to give him another chance though, especially being 8lbs lower in the weights and ridden by the exellent Noel Fehly tomorrow. I just can't accept he has the worst chance in the race to be fair. I can point at least 5,6, who should be bigger than him and the 50s is great value imo.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 RSA Chase 2010 (update) Knockara Beau.. 1pt @ 64.0 Tarablaze.. 2pt @ 90.0 Inchidaly Rock.. 1pt back & lay @ 130.0 & 80.0 .. free 50pt The Midnight Club.. 2pt back & lay @ 65.0 & 30.0 .. free 70pt Cousin Vinny.. 1.5pt back & lay @ 135.0 & 65.0 .. free 105pt

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 2.45 Doncaster - Isaaquah 1.5pt e/w 14/1 Loves these flat galloping left handed tracks and has a lot of improvement in her. Traier is showing signs of form revival and I am expecting a big run from this horse today. Same conditional rode her when close 2nd in hot Aintree handicap and after a sharpener at Cheltenham she should be ready with conditions to suit.

RSA Chase 2010 (update) Knockara Beau.. 1pt @ 64.0 Tarablaze.. 2pt @ 90.0 Inchidaly Rock.. 1pt back & lay @ 130.0 & 80.0 .. free 50pt The Midnight Club.. 2pt back & lay @ 65.0 & 30.0 .. free 70pt Cousin Vinny.. 1.5pt back & lay @ 135.0 & 65.0 .. free 105pt
Nice :clap

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 2.10 Doncaster - Pop 2pt e/w 5/1 Was on him last time and trainer said he needed it. Still it was a nice effort and he is dropped further few lbs in the handicap, os if he's ever gonna win a competitive hanidcap this is the time. Good ground ideal and a bold show is expected today. Both by connections and by me.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 The Ladbroke Hurdle Harry Tricker - 2pt e/w @ 9/1 Proved he's going places after splitting Khyber Kim and Medermit last time. That form looks rock solid now with the two genuine champion hurdle contenders judged on the run against Celestial Halo today. My selection is also the only horse, who has managed to beat the progressive Zabeel Palace this season. The latter has won another competitive handicap since. Despite a 8lb rise in the weights, I think he is still ahead of the handicapper and this 9/1 won't be available on Saturday. The yard continues in good form on the all weather and over the jumps. Harry Tricker also proved he goes on any ground with the beating of Zabeel Palace on good and the 2nd to Khyber Kim on soft. Great e/w chance and a very good price. Can't see him missing the race, because trainer followed the same route with Numide last year and I don't see him having any other plans.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 3.10 Hereford - Kinkeel 1.25pt e/w 16/1 Few disappointing sorts here along with few others who won't like the soft going. It is a 0-100 race, but it's more of a class 5 0-80 affair imo and the old fella Kinkeel could run into a place off low weight. He will like the soft going and has been given a chance by the handicapper dropped 5lbs. Has a win here at Hereford and is a consistent horse, who is always thereabouts with 2 wins and 19 places from 60 starts. Trainer's not doing badly at the moment. Three very close 2nds and a 16/1 winner at Huntingdon this week.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 1.10 Hereford - Pension Plan 1.5pt e/w 18/1 Was the stable 2nd string last time, but now Jason Maguire takes over and this is a big positve, because he's riding very well at the moment. The horse was going ok last time, but made a bad blunder 3 out and finished 6th. Still he was not far away from the leaders and with yard in top form he can run a big race today. Short priced Hobbs favorite and a big field gives us a nice e/w value.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 Grand National 2010 Tricky Trickster.. 2pt e/w @ 25/1 (5 places) Hello Bud.. 1pt e/w @ 40/1 Character Building.. 1pt win @ 44.0 Comply Or Die.. 1pt win @ 44.0 King Johns Castle.. 1pt win @ 120.0 Arbor Supreme.. 2pt win @ 48.0 I put Hello Bud at 50s few weeks ago, but took the bet at 40s, so sticking this one here.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 Champion Hurdle 2010 (update) Dunguib.. 1pt win @ 44.0 Hurricane Fly.. 10pt win @ 7.4 Mourad.. 0.5pt win @ 320.0 Medermit.. 3pt win @ 46.0 & 5pt place @ 10.0 The last bet is with a vew to be traded. Alan King saying on his website the horse will go the champion route. Should be easily layable at 30s and 7s or thereabouts.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 3.40 Plumpton - Lemon Silk 2pt win @ 9/2 2pt place @ 2.2 Backed him two starts ago, where he ran a promising race from the front before falling 3 out. Was gambled from 16/1 to 7/2 last time and finished 3rd. I think today is the day for him to strike. Once a 130 rated, he has his quirks, but is down to 92 now. The Vaughan debutant has done nothing in France and I am not convinced the yard is any sport of form at the moment, while the other fav has been raised 10lbs for winning quite a lowish affair in his previous race.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 2.35 Plumpton - Maori Legend 2pt win @ 7/1 2pt place @ 2.7 Interesting little handicap, where a case can be made for all the runners. I think the value lies with this Neil Mulholland mare. She had two PU's last spring, but after a long season she was entitled on a small loss of form. In fact her mark was raised 8lbs after some nice efforts, so she was up against it. Back to her last winning mark today and well capable of a bold show. Ran a remote 3rd at Ffos Las lto, but over a trip too short and probably needing it, so should be spot on today. Trainer continues in good form too. What I like about the selection today is the form of her races last year. Beat Enroblim Trop by a length both well clear of the rest. The Tizzard horse has won and placed twice since. Then over sharp 2m2f she split Fix The Rib and William Boney. The former has won twice after that and was a Tingle Creek prospect few weeks ago. The latter has won twice and placed twice in his next five starts. With the drop to a winnable mark and Daryl Jacob taking the ride, I am very positive this mare can run a big race today.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 1.50 Catterick - Sparkling Taff 1.25pt e/w 12/1 Dangerously handicapped on old form and was bang in there when colliding with the eventual winner and finisihg walking last time. Further few lbs down the weights and yard in cracking form in the last couple of weeks. Better ground and sharper track will suit and with few front runners he won't need to lead today, which will suit being just behind the pace. Massive chance with the absence of Mr. Barnacle, who I fancied a lot here.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 Garde Champetre +13.5 Offshore Account -3 Pop -4 Knowhere -2.5 Kinkeel -2.5 Pension Plan +4.5 Maori Legend -4 Lemon Silk +0.4 Sparkling Taff -2.5 December Figures: Bets: 39 Staked: 136.5 P/L: -28.25 Yield: -20.7% October: +26.31 (Yield: +19.78%) November: +55.33 (Yield: +14.30%)

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 2.20 Bangor - Sphinx 3pt win @ 9/2 Landed a 2m handicap on the flat in October and ran well in 3rd over a short trip at Market Rasen. Still unexposed over hurdles despite his age and there are few here coming from chasing to get their confidence back and few other exposed hurdlers, so I'm quite confident that my sepection with light weight and few lbs ahead of the handicapper would have too much in hand against this field today and can win this race.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 2.20 Exeter - Ammunition 1.5pt e/w @ 18/1 Except the Alan King improver, there isn't much quality in this race. The Hobbs horse is 2nd fav, because he won well lto, but that was with Flint on board and his rise in the weights is 8lbs and now without the 3lbs claim, I think he might struggle with the top weight here. And I don't like Richard Johnosn on chasers, especially top weights. My selection ran quite a decent race off top weight on debut for Twiston-Davies challenged by two feather weights and got beat by one of them. Next effort was in a very hot contest and last time he tried 3m+ on soft, which was way too far so to finish 5th wasn't a bad effort. Back to suitable 2m4f and soft ground (only win has come on soft) he should run a nice race. David England is back on board and with form 3rd and 4th here at Exeter I think stiff track and soft ground are exactly what this horse wants. Best efforts have come at Towcester, which is not very different. Worth an e/w punt whatever the outcome and shouldn't be 18/1 imo.