** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Mileni Over The Sticks 2011/2012

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 2.10 Catterick - Nouveau Maire 2pt e/w @ 25/1 Won a finished 2nd in hunters chases at Sedgefield and then won on debut for this yard when beating Pamak D'Airy at Hexham. The latter has won 2 and finished 2nd in another 2 of his next 7 starts. Not a very bright start this season with 2 PUs, but that was on heavy ground. Better ground might see him in completely different light here today and the 25/1 is worth an e/w punt.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 2.45 Catterick - Peters Star 2pt e/w @ 40/1 Can run stinkers when he doesn't fancy it, but bolted up at Haydock in November and after the blinkers were put this season his efforts read 1,3,1 and then the flop at Doncaster where he finished 8th. On a going day he can be good and he was running off these marks as a novice two years ago. Yard continues in good form and I don't think he should be more than 25/1 and has definite place claims.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 4.45 Bangor - Magic Sky 4pt win @ 4/1 Has a far higher mark over fences and won well lto over hurdles. Penalty shouldn't stop him and Le Beau Bai is only here for fitness before the BlueSquare Gold Cup and I don't fancy the rest. Magic Sky is in grand form and is still ahead of the handicapper over hurdles. This looks like a big price to me. The selection should be the 11/4 fav and Le Beau bai should be the 4/1 shot imo.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010

4.45 Bangor - Magic Sky 4pt win @ 4/1 Has a far higher mark over fences and won well lto over hurdles. Penalty shouldn't stop him and Le Beau Bai is only here for fitness before the BlueSquare Gold Cup and I don't fancy the rest. Magic Sky is in grand form and is still ahead of the handicapper over hurdles. This looks like a big price to me. The selection should be the 11/4 fav and Le Beau bai should be the 4/1 shot imo.
For a minute I thought this month will go through without last jump fallers when in contention :zzz

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 Dr PJ Moriarty Novice Chase - Cousin Vinny 3pt e/w @ 10/1 With money traded at 6/1 on the just opened non-antepost market I don't think Cousin Vinny will be anywhere near double figures on Sunday. Was going to take 12/1 yesterday, but it wasn't nrnb and I wanted to be sure. The horse jumps fences well, but has been disappointing so far. Since then the yard has improved a lot though and he remains a very classy horse. Weapons Amnesty might find this trip too sharp, while Roberto Goldback is a worthy favorite and the one to beat, but is low enough to be of any interest. Zaarito fell lto and I'm not quite sure he'll stay the trip. At the same time Cousin Vinny has always looked a stayer and I think he'll finally prove his class just like Mourad did it after 2 flops in the beginning of the season winning well on his 3rd start.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 4.15 Sandown - Panjo Bere 2pt win @ 8.0 2pt place @ 2.43 A bit disappointing recently after the promise he showed as a novice, but ran well last time when 5th behind French Opera and Free World in a competitive Cheltenham handicap. If he can return to form, he is the class act in the race and the one they all have to beat. Yard is in very good form and with the 7lbs claim of Joshua Moore offsetting the top weight, he's the one I want to be on in this race. Price is decent enough for an e/w punt.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 3.10 Sandown - Trenchant 2pt e/w @ 8/1 Probably the only horse in the yard that has been running well during the cloudy period. Won nicely on his seasonal reappearance and then ran a cracker off top weight. With Lough Derg here and talented cliaimer offseting 3lbs, he'll carry only 10st12lbs today and I am surprised he's not 5/1-6/1 with yard in far better condition.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 12.50 Doncaster - Flora's Pride 1pt e/w @ 100/1 BlueSq are offering 1/4 on all races today and in this novice hurdle, we are getting 25/1 for the place on this Keith Revely hurdling debutant. Looks nothing special if you go through his flat career, but his last effort upped to 1m4f on soft was a decent 2nd in a handicap beaten by a short head and he also has a 3rd in a bumper one year ago. With yard in good form, he might surprise a few on hurdling debut and why not sneak into a place.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 3.30 Musselburgh - Astarador 2pt win 25.5 2pt place 6.2 Hobbs and Henderson imrpovers in the race priced around 5/1 keep the price of the selection quite big. The other Howard Johnson yardstick is also short in the market, but high enough in the handicap. He has come out of novice company and was 6th in the Supreme, but if he was anything more than his current mark, he should have beaten Katies Tutor when getting weight from him at Kemton. At the same time Astarador has won this race off 130 and is running off 135 with 3lbs claim from Ryan Mania and can run a big race off only 2lbs higher. Fell lto over fences, but the key for him is to run fresh. Has won a few races when given good deal of time to recover and is way overpriced for me. As a hurdler he had 4 wins and 3 places from 11 starts. As a chaser things haven't gone to plan so far, but I think the horse has just lost his confidence and needs a hurdling win to get him back on track. In his novice chase debut he was beaten just 1L by Kalahari King, who went on to finish 2nd in the Arkle a month later both beating the field by a mile. With that in mind, I think my selction is a good deal better than mark of 132 and can run a big race today and get his confidence back for chasing later in the season.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 3.10 Leopardstown - Mr. Aitch 2pt e/w @ 28/1 1pt win @ 38.0 I don't know what makes Ogi and me pick the same horses, but I guess we both sniff the big value prices well. This horse was running a big race at the Xmas Limerick festival. Travelled like a dream, led 3 out and didn't stay. 2m2f on heavy stretched his stamina and he was carrying 11st5lbs. Today it's a better race, but he'll carry feather weight and the 2f shorter trip will suit. Last year he was running some decent races on the flat over 2 miles and the way he travelled last time makes me think he can be competitive off this mark. Jockey booking also takes the eye.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 Febryary Figures: Bets: 13 Staked: 56.5 P/L: +31.65 Yield: +56.02% Overall Figures: Bets: 271 Staked: 937.5 P/L: +97.94 Yield: +10.45%

October: +26.31 (Yield: +19.78%) November: +55.33 (Yield: +14.30%) December: -69.50 (Yield: -30.75%) January: +54.15 (Yield: +38.00%)

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 2.10 Carlisle - Last Of The Bunch 2pt e/w @ 7/2 Denis O'Regan rode a very strange race on her lto. Never asked her a question when she had every chance to grab 2nd. Won a bumper here and is the only course winner amongst the field. The favorite won over 2 miles at Newcastle and we'll have to wait and see if she can stay 2m4f around Carlisle on soft and beig odds-on I'll take her on with Last Of The Bunch, who stayed on nicely last time and suggested she's not short of stamina.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 Well done, well done, well done,Well done, well done, well done,Well done, well done, well done,Well done, well done, well done,Well done, well done, well done,Well done, well done, well done,Well done, well done, well done,Well done, well done, well done,Well done, well done,:cow :cow:cow:cow:cow:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:cow:cow:cow:cow:cow:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:cow:cow:cow:cow:cow:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:cow:cow:nana:nana:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy Never let a PL mate down.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 Champion Bumper 2010 Made In Time.. 3pt win @ 20/1 Don't usually back hype horses, but I am told this one could be something special. Won on the bridle on debut and was bought by McManus. Runs in the saturday bumper at Newbury and if he wins, might go favorite. Let's hope the whisper is right.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 Big drift on Hurricane Fly for the Champion Hurdle and unfortunately it seems he's not running. There was a gamble on him a week or two ago from 175 unto 25 and I thought he's progressing well, but drifted to 300 now and it seems he won't run. Great pity, because I wanted him to prove me right. His wins against Go Native are the standout form for me and he was the one they all had to beat imo. Anyway.. bring on 2011 and Dunguib :loon

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 3.10 Gowran Park - Jy Vole 4pt win @ 5/2 Ran well in 3rd behind Joncol two montsh ago and was never going to stay the 3 miles in the Lexus. Not a very strong field here and Siegemaster has never won over 2m4f and shorter. The 2/1 at Betfair suggests this 5/2 is value.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 2.40 Ayr - Ballabriggs 4pt win @ 11/4 Masssively impressive last time and 11lb hike might not be enough to stop him. If it was soft or heavy I would have made him a banker bet. 1pt win double with Jy Vole @ 2/1 returning a shade over 10/1

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 3.20 Warwick - Buck The Legend 2pt e/w @ 12/1 Won off just 3lbs lower last year and has gone backwards since, but was running on well lto in 4th and blinkers will help him concentrate. In a race where few are out of form, he could run well off feather weight.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 2.00 Newbury - The Real Deal 1.5pt e/w @ 25/1 Jumping has let him down over fences and on last hurdling run he was 3rd off 122 at Chepstow. Runs off just 115 here and yard is in very good form. Off this low weight, he'll be running on at the finish.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 1.30 Newbury - Inchidaly Rock/Bensalem 1pt rfc Taking on Diamond Harry here. Bensalem is closely matched on form with him and can beat him while Inchidaly will be a class act imo and I think they both stand a chance of beating the fav and returning a nice forecast, so I'll give it a shot.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010

Looking like a great NH season mate :clap
Cheers, mate :ok Buck The Legend might have won for me here and for us all in the Scoop 6 with Wayne Hutchinson on board. Young Sam Twiston-Davies is talented, but didn't give the horse much confidence at the fences and he made some blunders. A clearer round would have given him every chance.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 Champion Hurdle 2010 Quevega.. 1pt win @ 109/1 She'll probably run in the mares race, but Mullins has always said in interviews she would have done enough to win the Champion Hurdle last year. Doesn't need a prep race and usually runs well fresh. Trainer might decide to take the best 2 milers on and go for the Champion instead. From his interviews I had a feeling he fancies her to be competitive in the big race. A small 1pt after midnight speculative flutter :tongue2

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 Navan Kerb Appeal 11/8 Mourad 6/4 Cadspeed 5/4 Uimhiraceathair 1/1 (Prices at Ladbrokes with BOG) 1pt acca at little over 25/1 Expecting a great day from Mullins and Walsh and will try this 25/1 acca to see which one of the four will flop while the other three come in :)