** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Mileni Over The Sticks 2011/2012

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 Neptune Novices 2010 (update) Quel Esprit.. 2pt win @ 22.0 Rite Of Passage.. 20pt win @ 9/2 Cheltenham bankers time. This horse is probably more exciting than Dunguib being this price. If I am right in my thinking, he could be a real bargain. Won ridiculously easy on debut and his jumping was absolutely faultless. Loose horse carried him out and he lost several lengths on the eventual 2nd. Slap on the neck by the jockey and he came alongisde again and quickened past him with ease. That 2nd is a listed flat winner in France and won his next race realtively easy beating a decent Noel Meade sort. If Rite Of Passage wins on Wednesday, he's going to be a very short price for the Neptune. While professional punters were backing him off the boards when he won lto, I went to eat dinner and for an hour his price had gone from 8/1 to 6/1. The one side of the story is I might have lost the value there, but I strongly believe he's the class act in the race which this year lacks depth. Mikael D'Haguenet went off 5/2 fav last year and there were the classy Karabak and Diamond Harry in the race to keep the price so high. With 2nd fav Finnignas Rainbow getting beat and 3rd fav a good Reve De Sivola, but a horse who won't be graded class, I expect a pretty short price on Rite Of Passage on the day. Won't be surprised if it touches evens after a typical Irish gamble. The thing no one has mentioned anywhere in the press is that he didn't travel well for last year's bumper and still ran well. He could have given Dunguib somethig to think about if he was 100%. He came there cruising alongside him and emptied. This time he'll be going for the Festival few days earlier to be able to settle. The only horse I am worried about in this field is Quel Esprit, but one - I'm already on the 20/1 and he can be a cover bet and two - he will probably go for the Albert Bartlett. Just keeping my fingers crossed everything goes well on Wednesday and Weld doesn't decide to swerve the festival for a flat campaign. That's highly unlikely though.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 3.30 Plumpton - Ellen Tilley 2pt e/w @ 15/2 Stan James bog Very progressive last season winning twice and finishing 2nd just beaten by Argento Luna. The latter went on to win a listed handicap off 122 and is rated 128 now. Ellen Tilley suffered a tendon injury in the same handicap and did well to be in 7th lto. I can see her coming on a lot for the outing and dropped to 116, she's well capable of taking this today.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 Big Fella Thanks given 10st12lbs and 146 .. 3lbs lower than last year :eyes 3pt win @ 20/1 Snowy Morning given 10st13lbs and 147 ... 9lbs lower than last year :loon 2pt win @ 40/1 The other bets I had and posted some time ago have changed a bit with backing and laying. Compy Or Die and Character Building have become almost free bets. Will update the my GN portfolio later in the day.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 Grand National 2010 Tricky Trickster.. 2pt e/w @ 25/1 (5 places) Hello Bud.. 1pt e/w @ 40/1 (4 places) Character Building.. back & lay .. 1.5pt at stake for 90pt win Comply Or Die.. back & lay .. 1pt at stake for 60pt win King Johns Castle.. 1pt win @ 120.0 Arbor Supreme.. 2pt win @ 48.0 Big Fella Thanks.. 3pt win @ 20/1 Snowy Morning.. 2pt win @ 40/1

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 big difference of opinion on Rite of Passage who you backed strongly earlier in the week. As short as 6/1 in a place (Tote) after today, but some have cut him in to 14's. EDIT: ignore above - I got my Supreme and Neptune hurdles mixed up.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 Neptune confirmed by Weld, mate. Only if something happens with Dunguib he will go Supreme. Beat a 144 rated horse on the bridle and jumped well today. I am extremelly pleased and with his impressive flat speed if he jumps well at pace, he'll piss the Neptune.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 4.30 Sandown - Comprimario 2pt e/w @ 33/1 This is a stupid price. I know the horse beat a very weak rival lto and only just, but he is open to huge improvement and battled well once headed. A lot more to come from him. He is a sort, who is well bred and could easily be better than his current mark. The yard is doing well and there was no dip in the form like last year and Paddy Brennan on board will be of great assistance for the horse's 3rd career start over hurdles.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 2.15 Sandown - Kings Troop 2pt e/w @ 25/1 Another big price. This horse ran in a very hot race last time against Diktalina and Anak. Shaped well enough in 4th and can only improve. Henderson's fto horses could be anything and because Thornton has chosen the other yardstick this fella is 25/1. Shouldn't be more than 14s-16s imo.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 3.15 Ascot - Herecomesthetruth 5pt win @ 3/1 The fav hasn't run for 3 months and his main target is the Ryanair while this horse will never go to Cheltenham and likes these small fields. I can imagine this has been his target for quite some time and there has been a few nibbles at Betfair and all bookies have shortened him, so it smells of Harry Findlay here. I trust Ruby to steal the race from Dickie Johnson. From the others, I don't like anything. Would have considered Albertas Run, but with that jockey on board not for me.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 1.50 Uttoxeter - It's Brown 2pt e/w @ 12/1 Ran well for the first time in an year when 2nd in Towcester maiden. Bred to stay further and attracted money last time. Travelled strongly, but needed the run. Has been backed at Betfair since last night again and looks stable's first string despite being the bigger price of the two McCain runners.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 3.30 Uttoxeter - Noakarad De Verzee 3pt e/w @ 8/1 7 from 12 in ptp and jockey has won on the horse. It's a race lacking depth and this prolific pointer can outstay them here. Yard in cracking form. 3,2,1,2,7 from the five last runners.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 4.10 Kempton - Mister Quasimodo 1.5pt win 36.0 1.5pt place 7.4 Can be moody, but back over fences can run a decent race. On his day he's well capable of a good performance and this race lacks depth. It's a strange contest. Not really a proper handicap with all horses running on 11st something. The selection is overpriced and is worth a few quid e/w.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010

4.10 Kempton - Mister Quasimodo 1.5pt win 36.0 1.5pt place 7.4 Can be moody, but back over fences can run a decent race. On his day he's well capable of a good performance and this race lacks depth. It's a strange contest. Not really a proper handicap with all horses running on 11st something. The selection is overpriced and is worth a few quid e/w.
Running in the 4.40 Chepstow instead. 100/30 in four runner veteran race..i,ll give it a miss.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 Albert Bartlett Novice Hurdle 2010 Enterprise Park.. 5pt win @ 10/1 Couldn't understand why Willie Mullins is aiming Quel Esprit at the Neptune when he clearly needs three miles, but I just realized Enterprise Park could be a very good thing. A lot of rain expected this week and it could be quite softish at Cheltenham this year. Enterprise Park is unbeaten and will get every yard of the three miles and stay on up the hill. The 10/1 represents nice value imo.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 Jewson Novices Handicap Chase 2010 The Hollinwell.. 4pt win @ 16/1 Backed him twice this year and he won both times. His 3rd run was a decent 2nd place over 3m1f, but it was a very sloppy race on heavy ground and he was just outsatyed by a good Howard Johnson sort. What impresses me most about him is his jumping. Has a lot of scope and big field and stiff track will bring massive improvement in him. 2m5f around Cheltenham will be ideal imo. Ferdy Murphy has called him the best chaser in the yard, which is certainly something to take a note of. He rarely says such strong words and the last time he did that about one of his own horses was for Kalahari King last year and he almost won the Arkle.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 Hi Mileni, I haven't paid this thread as much attention as I should (your moving avatar catches the corner of my eye and makes me rush through your stuff), but I find this thread absolutely superb, your knowledge of the jumps is probably unsurpassed on here. I probably owe you a few smiley faces I like The Hollinwell too, I was waiting on the market for the Jewson opening up, I'll certainly be following this one too, I'm sure this was the horse that Ferdy suggested was Graham Lee's favourite too, didn't he joke that this was the horse that Graham would leave his wife for. Good luck! here's some back-dated smileys: :cheers:notworthy:cash:hope:cow:nana:ok:ok

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 Lol :lol Yea, it's probably the same horse. I know they like him a lot at Ferdies. I think they manged to get him nicely handicapped for the Jewson running in these small fields in the North. This fella could be a lot better than his current mark of 138. The 16s at Boyle has already been cut and money was traded at 10s on Betfair latest. I reckon the 16s currently on offer will be a huge price on the day.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010

4.10 Kempton - Mister Quasimodo 1.5pt win 36.0 1.5pt place 7.4 Can be moody, but back over fences can run a decent race. On his day he's well capable of a good performance and this race lacks depth. It's a strange contest. Not really a proper handicap with all horses running on 11st something. The selection is overpriced and is worth a few quid e/w.
A bit annoyed with this bet. Won by 30L at Chepstow and was back to his best. Would have been quite competitive in this race I reckon.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 Inchidaly/Bensalem rfc -2 The Real Deal +7.88 Ballabrigs +8.25 Jy Vole +10 Ballabrigs/Jy Vole double +8.19 Buck The Legend +2.8 Made In Time -3 acca -1 Ellen Tilley -4 Gee Dee Nen -1 rfc -2 Kings Troop -4 Comprimario -4 -------------------- Overall Figures: Bets: 284 Staked: 970.5 P/L: +114.06 Yield: +11.75% --------------- October: +26.31 (Yield: +19.78%) November: +55.33 (Yield: +14.30%) December: -69.50 (Yield: -30.75%) January: +54.15 (Yield: +38.00%) February +47.77 (Yield: +53.37%)