** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Mileni Over The Sticks 2011/2012

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 3.20 Exeter - More The Merrier 2pts e/w 9/2 generally I think the favorite has won two easy races and is worth taking on. My selection is capable of much better after his last race, where he finished 2nd. Cheekpieces will help him concentrate and he'll stay the trip well. Apart from the front two in the market, it's not a very strong race imo.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 Barker -3.5 Mr Warbucks -3 Impact Zone -4 I'm Your Man -3 Yawl Springs -4 Cornish Castle -1.5 Wingull -2 Wizard Of Edge -5 Mayeul +3 Zimbabwe -2 Kicks For Free -4 December Figures: Bets: 11 Staked: 41.0 P/L: -29.0 Yield: -70.73% October: +26.31 (Yield: +19.78%) November: +55.33 (Yield: +14.30%)

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 John Durkan Memorial Chase Aran Concerto 4pts to win 10/3 Coral, Bet365 Be careful with the markets. Boyle and Lads offer 7/2, but it's not best odds guaranteed yet. It's just antepost with non runner no bet. Aran is a very talented horse, who unfortunately always has slight problems after his races. The two times he has been on the track last season he won nicely though. Looked every bit a chaser over hurdles as well. The last of these wins was against Barker in a 2m4f Grade 2 contest. On the stiff 2m4f at Punchestown he should be able to confirm this form and Noel Meade's yard is flying at the moment. Joncol for me is a real dog and the reason he is favorite is simply the fact that Tranquil Sea beat him by just 1L last time, but I wouldn't read the form litteraly there. I think he will have to do a lot better than that to win here. In Compliance made a nice return last month, but again didn't beat much in Chelsea Harbour and is a 3 miler, so this could be on the sharp side. Jy Vole is in the race only because there's nowhere else to go.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010

P.Nicholls is in form and I side with Barker
You know far more than me, mate. Judging on all your posts you seem to know every winner in every race, so I won't dare to argue about your selection. Need to call Willie Mullins to tell him Barker isn't one of his anymore though.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 1.05 Chepstow - Giles Cross 1.5pts to win 16/1 1.5pts to place 4.30 Won here on heavy over hurdles at this meeting last year. That was over C&D. Jumped to the left on chasing debut and the track here will suit. Stopped too quickly last time when upsides Inchidally Rock. I think he's a bit overpriced today. Trainer had a virus last year and lots of his better horses will be improvers this season. This horse was very progresive and some of his form over hurdles is brilliant. Nothing more than that Chepstow win when he was infront of Gullible Gordon and Kayf Aramis.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 2.35 Chepstow - Lodge Lane 2pts e/w 5/1 Brilliant novice over hurdles rated 147 beating Tazbar in his latest race over timber. Then started well over fences beating Witchita Lineman. Always been talented, but lost his way a bit. As I said though, trainer had a virus last year just like Nigel Twiston-Davies and David Pipe, so his better horses can improve a lot. Chasing mark has dropped to 138 and a 7lbs talented claimer is on board. Off 131 that's a very well handicapped horse and with potential improvement after seasonal reappearance 3rd in Carlisle, I can see him running a big race today. Chepstow will suit and the ground is ideal.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 2.40 Wetherby - Le Roi Rouge 1.5pts to win 7/1 1.5pts to place 2.74 Has been running over further trips on better ground, but what he needs is 2 miles on heavy and gets it today. Well capable to win after mark has dropped few lbs since his last win. There are a few front runners here, which will allow Graham Lee to sit in behind and produce Le Roi Rouge late. Has a decent e/w chance imo.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 3.15 Wetherby - Malko De Beaumont 1.5pts to win 14/1 1.5pts to place 3.15 (3 places) After some good wins and placed efforts was raised 29lbs last year, but has now dropped to his last winning mark. This allows him to drop in class and I am a bit surprised at his price. Trainer's been having few placers lately and he will rellish the heavy.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 2.20 Kelso - Poker De Sivola 2pts to win 7/1 2pts to place 2.80 I've been waiting for this horse to run over 4 miles this season. Graham Lee will ride his usual hold-up race on him and from all the races he's recently contested, this is the easiest. Should give a good account and I'd be very surprised if he's not at least in the places.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 3.10 Warwick - Like A Duke 1.5pts to win 12/1 1.5pts to place 3.85 (4 places) Won with any ammount in hand lto and 11lb rise may not be enough to stop him. Likes better ground, but the drop in trip will help him get home and I think he's an improving horse, who is still ahead of the handicapper. Won so easily with so many mistakes lto. If jumping has been sorted out, he will piss this. Trainer knows how to improve a horse and is on form.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 2.20 Kelso - Jaunty Journey 1pt e/w 10/1 Still unexposed and lost to a very smart sort lto. Would have been close to winning if there wasn't a mistake 2 out. Some of his hurdling form is really good running in some extremely competitive races. I expect an improvement with step up to 4 miles.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 2.35 Punchestown - Citizen Vic 1.5pts e/w 15/2 Surprised at the price this one is. On hurdling form he should go very close here. Acts on the ground and Ruby is on board. Usually the simplest of rules when Ruby is riding for Willie on a Sunday is winners.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 Ryanair Chase Mikael D'Haguenet 1pt to win 310.0 Betfair A speculative one, because it's not very likely for him to end up in a championship race in his first season as a novice chaser, but Mullins might be forced to do it, because 2m5f is his ideal trip and there's no novice race over the distance. And there are already few horses in the yard, that will go Arkle and RSA route, so worth the shot. Highest rated (155) novice hurdler for the last 18 years (so I'm told, haven't researched it myself). Already has chasing experience from France. Doesn't need to improve much to be a contender. The Ryanair is rarely won by a 170s horse. Most of the runners are usually in the 160s.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010

What did you make of Aran Concerto mate? Seemed to be going well for most of the race' date=' hope the fall don't take to much out of him.[/quote'] I thought he was winning mate. Made some cracking jumps down the back straight and was travelling very well. I am pretty certain him and Barker can beat Joncol though. Aran might well have needed it. His last jumps looked jumps of a tired horse.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 2.20 Musselburgh - Moonwalking 1pt e/w 18/1 Progressive hurdler in the spring upped to 2m4f winning two novice hurdles. The horse he beat in one of the races has won three novice hurdles since. Dropped 3lbs after a poor effort at Cheltenham lto, but might have just needed it and is was a strange race with no pace early, so I'm willing to excuse the run. Brian Harding has won on the horse before and at the prices I think he's worth a small e/w punt. Shouldn't be that big.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 12.50 Musselburgh - Wizards Dust 2pts to win 4/1 2pts to place 1.87 Somewhat a lucky winner last time when Peter Toole decided to take things easy on the leader and got caught. That doesn't mean Wizards Dust is badly handicapped though. Raised only 2lbs and is racing off 98 today with Toomey claiming 6. He has a win off 90 with McGuire on board, so the horse is well capable of running a good race off the current mark. Since blinkered his runs have been really good and trainer continues in rich vein of form.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 Scanned the whole thread for all my antepost bets and had them all collected, but deleted what I was going to post :unsure Gonna post them race by race most of the bets I've given here. Some aren't yet, but plenty of the bets can still be taken at the prices quoted.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 1.50 Hexham - Mr. Strachan 2pts e/w 9/2 Very good horse, who started his chasing career with wins over Krygurova and a 2nd to Tidal Bay. Hasn't really delivered after that, but his chasing mark is low enough and he ran well last time at Carlisle. Could be the one to beat in a race, where few are running too soon after their recent outings and few won't like it heavy.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 3.10 Leicester - Parlesotho 1.5pts e/w 12/1 3 times a winner from 12 starts over hurdles. Another 6 times placed. Ran a decent 4th on seasonal reappearance over fences when yard having problems and with the well known fact that all the horses from the stable need their first run. With the problems identified by Alan and a few winners in the last week, this horse should strip fitter for today and I can see him running a big race. Mark has dropped 3lbs after two bad runs last season and further 3lbs reduced by Charlie Huxley. CD winner, who has improvement in him and will like the conditions.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 Gold Cup 2010 Denman.. 3pt e/w @ 8/1 Denman.. 2pt e/w@ 7/1 Cappa Bleu.. 1.5pt e/w 100/1 Aran Concerto.. 1pt e/w @ 50/1 Glencove Marina.. 1.5pt win @ 90.0 (1pt laid at 60.0 .. 0.5pt remaining to win 72pt) Glencove Marina.. 1.5pt place @ 16.5

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 2.00 Huntingdon (Peterborough Chase) - Tartak 2pt win @ 12/1 I am quite surprised at this price. Tartak was never going to do anything special at Exeter and Cheltenham. He loves these flat fast tracks though. Won here and at Kempton last year. Beat Deep Purple and Planet Of Sound at Aintree off level weights. Getting 10lbs from Deep Purple and yet is twice the price. Planet Of Sound would have probably beaten Albertas Run if he was not carrying 6lbs more at Ascot and again on that form Tartak should beat Albertas. I know form sometimes doesn't work that way, but off just 11st and running over ideal conditions, Tartak can run a big race tomorrow. He came there with a challange in the Paddy Power, but over 2m5f on soft, he was never going to stay. Ran quite well in the Arkle to finish 5th. This is his game though. Flat track, better ground and getting weight. Yard has been going close with their runners without winning. Double figure price is certainly worth a bet. If there were 8 runners I would have been quite heavily e/w.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 3.50 Taunton - Deep Pockets 1.5pt e/w @ 10/1 Won three races last season and needed the run last time. Made a mistake early as well and was always struggling from there. Only 4lbs higher than last winning mark and Ian Popham is on him and not on Dovedale, so he must think the horse has a chance today. Will stay the 3 miles well and will like the soft ground. Racing off only 10st3lb and despite being one of the exposed sorts here, dangerous to ignore him in a race, where it could all turn into a slog.