** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Mileni Over The Sticks 2011/2012

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 2.10 Market Rasen - Bannister Lane 2pts to win 8/1 bog Always gives his all and his latest winning mark was 120 this spring. Runs off 125, but with PJ Benson claiming 5, so well capable of running his race in these conditions. Loves soft ground and trainer is in decent form at the moment, so in this small field the 8/1 seems a bit overpriced to me. 0.5pts to win Hockenheim 7/2 bog A saver to get our stakes back. Hockenheim is an improving horse, who runs well fresh and is the main danger to Bannister Lane. Timmy Murphy is an eyecatching booking and yard is doing well. The rest of the field has questions to answer imo.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 2.40 Market Rasen - Springfield Raki 1pt to win 10/1 bog Lost his way in the summer, but may have needed a break after a long season. Won a novice hurdle nicely in the spring and was in the process of running a big race when brought down in April. I like his form a lot. 2nd to Trafalgar Road reads pretty well to me. The Charlie Longsdon horse turned out to be qutie decent after this race. And te selection also has some very nice bumper form. 3rd in G2 at Ascot and another 2 wins and a 2nd. I am taking a shot in the dark if he's fit on seasonal reappearance, but trainer is on fire and the price is woth a small nibble imo.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 3.10 Market Rasen - Legends Lass 2.5pts to win 3/1 bog I liked this mare at Worcester. Scored easily and was even eased down in the end. Ravenscar is a lot better in the weights this time, but I am not sure he will be able to do anything. He's a disappointing horse. The main danger is the top weight with Giles Hawkins on board claiming 7, but I am not sure he won a strong race last time. My selection is a ptp winner and the up and coming yard is one worth following in the next months. They clearly know what they're doing with two Cheltenham winners well backed. With improvement to come from this horse and right handed track (horse jumped to the right when winning at Worcester), I think she's very strong favorite today and should be too good for the rest.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 Triumph Hurdle 2010 2.5pts e/w Mille Chief 16/1 VC (4 places) Has everything you need in a Triumph horse and seems like he's going to be Alan King's number one. With his record in the race, it's a great offer to play e/w for four places. I missed the 20/1 on offer few weeks ago, but 16s is still a nice offer. The horse is doing well at home and was going to win easily on debut if he hadn't been brought down by a faller. Should win next time and I'm very confident this horse will be a lot shorter price on the last day of the festival. Comes from the same place last year's 2nd Walkon came from. Arkle Chase 2010 1.5pts e/w Sports Line 33/1 Bet365, Corals Runs tomorrow in a novice chase at Thurles. Trainer speaks highly of his ability and says he'll be far better as a chaser. Looked progressive over hurdles and beat a decent field by 15l when last seen on the racecourse. I expect a decent win and a far shorter price for the Arkle after tomorrow. Has been steadily backed from 200 to now 27 on Betfair and I'm willing to take my chance. Reports from the yard are positive.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 1.40 Huntingdon - Laureate des Loges 2pts e/w 16/1 BlueSq The novice hurdles this horse contested weren't bad and he's quite interesting in this handicap. Trainer is starting to produce winners and with young Greenall taking 7lbs off I think this price is a bit too big and deserves a wager e/w.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 3.30 Wincanton - Tilly Shilling 2pts to win 11/2 bog 2pts to place 2.19 Betfair Noticed this horse doing some nice headway last time when unseating 3 out. With the two Jim Best horses non runners and 8 contesting this handicap, I think my selection doesn't have that much to beat and is a nice e/w bet to nothing at the price.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 1.20 Hereford 1.5pts to win Cote d'Argent 7/1 generally bog 1.5pts to win New Rackheath 15/2 BetInternet bog Two against the field here for me. I don't like the Vaughan horse and also not sure about Star Galaxy. Both long standing maidens and dispite promising placed efforts recently, I think they are too short in the betting. My first selection Cote d'Argent is very interesting. Won a handicap hurdle with tongue tie and was in the process of at lest placing when fell at the last at Carlisle. Since then has run some nice efforts on the flat and after a prep run over hurdles comes here for another chasing try tongue tied and with a 3lbs claimer. Very well in the weights, conditions suit and should be ready for a big run. The 2nd selection has run two pretty bad races for new trainer, but has won of 4lbs lower mark and with talented Peter Tool claiming 5 is well in today and can also run a good race. Trainer is amongst the winners at the moment and I won't be surprised if this horse runs to form today. Those two are the likliest winners in this race imo and win only on both is the bet.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 1.30 Wincanton 0.5pts tote exacta Baseball Ted, Sagalyrique 0.5pts straight forecast Baseball Ted, Sagalyrique Looks pretty much a duel between those two and while the Alan King horse can be anything with improvement, I think Baseball Ted can lead from the front today and dominate this small field. Should nick this race ahead of his rival today and a point on the forecast seems reasonable.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 4.00 Exeter - Nearly A Breeze 2pts e/w 14/1 As usual I will go for a course winner here at Exeter. With the fav now withdrawn anything can take this and my selection has two wins on his name at this track. 8lbs claimer rides pretty well and trainer is not in bad form either, so this price deserves an e/w bet imo.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 2.05 Ascot - Inventor 1.5pts e/w 18/1 I think there's a bit of overreaction on the Alan King's hotpot performance from last time. Yes, he was impressive, but on the flat Inventor was every bit as good as him and gets 10lbs today, so this price for the selections is too big imo. Definite e/w chance and with yard on form, who knows. I wouldn't be surprised if he takes to hurdles and even wins today.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 3.15 Ascot - Hopkins 1pt e/w 10/1 I am keeping on with chasing a Henry Daly winner after Pickamus placed and unlucky fall yesterday. This horse fell too early on his last appearance, but is a good jumper and one that could still be well treated. Always a promising type, who will get his conditions today and is a decent enough price.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 3.50 Ascot - Sunsetten 1pt e/w 8/1 Was going to leave this one out, but interesting that money has come for him. Ran a very decent 3rd at Ascot to Nampour. Maybe prefers a bit more cut and this stiffer track will suit him. Won't be surprised if he nicks another place today and has a decent chance of winning too. Relatively unexposed still.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010

2.05 Ascot - Inventor 1.5pts e/w 18/1 I think there's a bit of overreaction on the Alan King's hotpot performance from last time. Yes, he was impressive, but on the flat Inventor was every bit as good as him and gets 10lbs today, so this price for the selections is too big imo. Definite e/w chance and with yard on form, who knows. I wouldn't be surprised if he takes to hurdles and even wins today.
Thats a profit for the month secured :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap Great call

Thats a profit for the month secured :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap Great call
Won nicely indeed :ok Profit not yet, because I continue to be hit and miss this month. Two e/w 4th's didn't help. As always the bets I don't put here always tend to win. Had Zebel Palace as a saver :\ November Figures: Bets: 70 Staked: 245.0 P/L: -2.79 Yield: -1.1%

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 2.05 Ascot - Oumeyade 1pt e/w 16/1 This horse has dropped to a winnable mark and was never asked a question last time when finishing 5th. With trainer on form and dropping further 3lbs down the weights I think he can run a big race tomorrow. Certainly worth a try at the price. 2.35 Ascot - Karabak 3pts to win 10/3 One could argue that this trip might be too short for him, but I think the Ballymore was run at a slow pace and he still quickened nicely to go after Mikael D'Haguenet. Gets 2lbs from Zaynar and is not a bad price at all. I expected something in the region of 9/4 to be honest.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 12.35 Aintree - Always Waining 2pts e/w 20/1 He was running a blinder in the Topham in April, but hit the 2nd last hard and had to settle for 4th. Still a decent enough effort against far better horses than those he'll meet today. That was off mark 140. He is running off 133 today and is very well handicapped on the evidence he was going to win at Cheltenham if it wasn't the mistake 3 out. Great e/w chance and I am truly amazed by this price.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 12.35 Aintree - Corlande 2pts e/w 16/1 A very game horse, who's going into this off nice little weight 10-2 and further 5lbs offset by the claimer. Yard is on form and the horse will like the ground. There are just plenty short priced I don't like for today, so I think the 16/1 is too big.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 2.10 Towcester - Crouch End Flyer 1.5pts e/w 14/1 Two wins here at Towcester and was raised quite a bit for his last success, but Tom Molloy will claim 5 and I think the horse is still well handicapped. Disappointed in the two starts before and after his latest win being pulled up, but I think Twiston-Davies can sort this out and I am willing to have a punt at the price.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 2.00 Musselburgh - Haka Dancer 1.5pts e/w 40/1 This horse has shown almost absolutely nothing on british soil, but has won in Ireland and was still bang in there in contention jumping the 2nd last in his previous run. That was some sort of promise after few disappointing runs. Races few lbs out of the handicap today, but trainer clearly wants to run him off lowest weight possible to have a chance. He's entered in a lower class handicap next week where he'll have to be top weight. On his last run promise and the 3rd behind the classy Leo's Lucky Star last autumn I am attempting a chancy looking bet and hoping the horse lasts a bit more than the 1m8f he did last time.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 1.35 Towcester - Master Oversteer 3pts to win 10/3 3pts to place 1.82 In great form in pointers and yard have found him a nice opportunity to begin his season in a moderate handicap. Kiltimoney is a danger off low weight, but he couldn't win off 2lbs and 4lbs lower the last two times, so his price offers no value, while the selection looks a lot classier and yard's doing well with this sort of horses especially on seasonal reappearance.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 12.25 Towcester - Cartier Opera 3.05 Navan - Sports Line If Cartier Opera jumps well here I think he can beat the Vaughan horse. Not going to play him in a single, because he's been too expensive the last two times I followed him, so I'll just play a small double with Sports Line. The latter is rumoured to be a very classy novice chaser and can start his season with a win at Navan. Prices at Lads are 10/3 and 13/8 and the double pays a little over 10/1. 1pt double

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 Grand National 2010 Hello Bud 1pt e/w 50/1 b365 (5 places) This a bit of overreaction. The horse had a tough race last time and jumped very well the national fences today. With his mark unchanged I think 50/1 is a very big price and he is a definite player for April. Deserves a point e/w.

2.00 Musselburgh - Haka Dancer 1.5pts e/w 40/1 This horse has shown almost absolutely nothing on british soil, but has won in Ireland and was still bang in there in contention jumping the 2nd last in his previous run. That was some sort of promise after few disappointing runs. Races few lbs out of the handicap today, but trainer clearly wants to run him off lowest weight possible to have a chance. He's entered in a lower class handicap next week where he'll have to be top weight. On his last run promise and the 3rd behind the classy Leo's Lucky Star last autumn I am attempting a chancy looking bet and hoping the horse lasts a bit more than the 1m8f he did last time.
:clap:clap 2nd at 50's Great call had a little bit e/w due to your write up :cheers

:clap:clap 2nd at 50's Great call had a little bit e/w due to your write up :cheers
Thanks Ted :ok Believe me or not, I thought Fahey's horse is the danger and for a slender moment considered a small reverse forecast. It paid over 200/1 :eyes

Arkle Chase 2010 1.5pts e/w Sports Line 33/1 Bet365, Corals Runs tomorrow in a novice chase at Thurles. Trainer speaks highly of his ability and says he'll be far better as a chaser. Looked progressive over hurdles and beat a decent field by 15l when last seen on the racecourse. I expect a decent win and a far shorter price for the Arkle after tomorrow. Has been steadily backed from 200 to now 27 on Betfair and I'm willing to take my chance. Reports from the yard are positive.
Chase course abandoned today :puke
Demolution job today though :dude