** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Mileni Over The Sticks 2011/2012

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 3.40 Bangor - Manjam Thought he ran extremely well last time, but the form is now looking very good with the winner going onto far better things since. Trainer is begining to impress and many good jockeys are riding for him. Good conditional Giles Hawikins takes the ride and on form he looks hard to beat. 6pts to win 2/1 bog

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 Course form at Exeter pays again with Macmar placed at 20/1. That's Rythm class told in today's 3m handicap and he won nicely at 8/1. Manjam just got there on the line with nice ride by the young Giles Hawkins. Lemon Silk would have definitely placed if he wasn't keen throughout the whole race. Showed promise after a break though. Could land a similar contest in the next weeks, but this was a really low key affair. May not find such a weak race to be honest. +6 -1 -2 -4 -3 -4 +15.37 +12 November Figures: Bets: 37 Staked: 139.0 P/L: +11.15 Yield: +8.02%

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 Connaught Chase on Sunday 6pts to win Well Chief 9/4 Boylesports I think this is the time to oppose Master Minded. Soft ground, seasonal reappearance and top weight. He almost lost on soft in Irleand last season and had no chance vs Voy Por Ustedes over 2m4f, which makes me think he is vulnerable when his stamina is stretched. With 20 to 30mm rain expected the ground could easily be quite testing on Sunday and Well Chief gets 10lbs for his 7lgt defeat in the Champon Chase. I think when people realize this, the old fella will go under 2/1 and may well be 15/8 or 7/4. His record on testing ground is 3 wins from 3 runs and I am qutie happy with the odds on offer. He runs well fresh and for me Pipe is the best trainer to get them ready first time out.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 2.40 Taunton - Slate Gem 2pts e/w 11/1 BetInternet bog This horse was a big drifter on bumper debut, but still won despite running green in the end. He can improve a lot for a hurdling debut and certainly has the scope. Great e/w value with the odds on favorite in the race.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 1.10 Taunton - Tayman Showed improved form when switching yards and won at Plumpton. Then ran a very respectable race at Uttoxeter finishing 5th. He was running off top weight that day and the form of this contest looks extremely strong now. Solway Bay 2nd and 3rd since. Spring Breeze won since. Tarkani won since. Daraz Roze won since. There are only few here, which have some sort of claims. The Twiston-Davies horses are running extremely well and with such a strong form I think Tayman will run a good race today. 2.5pts to win 7/1 bog 2.5pts to place 2.2 betfair (4 places)

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 3.40 Taunton - Classic Clover In good form of late. Has been winning and then finished 5th in a very competitive event at Wincanton 20lbs outside the handicap. Yard absolutely flying at the minute and I think he's potentially 10-15lbs well in for today and is a very strong favorite. 6pts to win 7/4 Ladbrokes bog

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 Paddy Power Gold Cup According To Pete 1.5pts e/w 18/1 Corals bog With the rain coming I think this 3 miler will run a big race tomorrow. Very progressive last season winning 4 consecutive chases. Then ran a decent 4th behind Big Fella Thanks in listed company off 3lbs higher mark than today's. Fit from the flat and with WH, Tote and Paddy going 14/1 and 12/1 I think Coral are offering a great value at 18/1, which won't last long.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 Some Present/Garde Champetre 13/8, 8/11 1.5pts win double Just a small bet here for these two favorites, who seem strong. Garde Champetre despite conceding weight is very strong here and Silver Birch keeps drifting. Some Present 2nd to Dunguib will get good pace this time and should win this race. double returning 7/2 and just a small bet for interest :ok

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 >Paddy Power Gold Cup Pop 1pt e/w 33/1 generally He was running a big race at the festival when falling 4 out. That was with a penalty after his Hereford win. Back to mark 138 and seems to be well in in the weights. Won't mind the soft ground and Daly's horses have been running well recently. Interesting move at Betfair for him from 80 to 38. 2nd season novice chasers do well in this race and lots of the horses won't like the ground tomorrow.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 Paddy Power Gold Cup Knowhere 1pt win 70.0 Betfair (antepost) 1pt to place 7.0 betfair 0.5pts e/w 33/1 generally bog According To Pete 1.5pts e/w 18/1 Corals bog Pop 1pt e/w 33/1 (Pop might not run if the ground goes too soft. The other two will love it the softer the better. And I just realized Tom Molloy actually claims those 5lbs, so Knowhere for me has a brilliant chance racing off just 11 stone.) 8pts staked

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 1.55 Cheltenham - Miko De Beauchene 3pts e/w 12/1 VC bog This race usually goes to the best stayer in the field. In the conditions it's not that important who's well in the wights, but who's the fittest and will stay strong up the hill. Miko had a few tumbles last year, but finished 3rd to Rambling Minster on heavy off 152. Same mark today, but with talented William Bidick on board claiming 5 and this will help a lot. The horse will absolutely love these conditions and despite not being a course winner he ran a decent 2nd to Ballyfitz at the 2008 festival. This price is a bit too big for a horse with a definite e/w chance.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 3.10 Cheltenham - Le Beau Bai 2pts e/w 10/1 bog One of the best backed horses of the day. Stays 3m+ on heavy and will love the conditions. Ollie Greenal on board and yard had his first winner the other day. Good e/w chance in a race, which is not that competitve and the selection is well in the weights.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 2.10 Uttoxeter - It's A Date 6pts to win 15/8 bog With 2nd fav in the race long stading maiden, who won his first race last time off mark 87, I am a bit surprised to see the selection close to 2/1. Progressed on the flat winning a couple of races. A very weak contest and with a run under his belt, he seems a very strong favorite today.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 2.45 Uttoxeter - Peppertree Lane 3pts to place 1.83 Betfair 4pts to win 7/2 Coral, WH bog Winner in listed company on the flat. Placed in G3 few times. Decent debut for the yard lto finishing 2nd. Loves soft ground and good potential of improvement for talented trainer. Not a strong race and 7/2 is not a bad price.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 2.55 Cheltenham - Baily Storm 1pt e/w 25/1 bog Quite surprised to see such price on this horse. Since he moved to Vaughan his record is 1,2,1. Dean Coleman claims usual 5lbs. These good runs are on good ground, but he comes from Ireland where he has raced on heavy and soft and will have no problem handling the ground. Has an e/w shout and Vaughan has improved him a lot since the horse is with him, so I expect a bold show at a huge price.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 1.10 Cheltenham - Fosters Cross 3pts to win 9/4 Lads bog 1pt straight forecast Fosters Cross/Tataniano I will take Tataniano on in this ground. Fosters Cross has beaten two very smart horses in his two previous outings and this is a good form. The Nicholls horse is priced on reputation and beat a 120 rated hurdler last time.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 3.30 Cheltenham - Tell Massini 1pt e/w 8/1 Boyle bog Beat a King and Nicholls horses at Chepstow impressively and will like the conditions. The 2nd won yesterday, so there's a good form for me. And with short priced fav he is nice e/w value for yard, that starting to come into form.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010

3.30 Cheltenham - Tell Massini 1pt e/w 8/1 Boyle bog Beat a King and Nicholls horses at Chepstow impressively and will like the conditions. The 2nd won yesterday, so there's a good form for me. And with short priced fav he is nice e/w value for yard, that starting to come into form.
Fantastic stuff mate :nana When I saw the winner I knew I had read it somewhere on here. Well done!

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 2.40 Leicester - Pickamus 1pt e/w 20/1 Ladbrokes Won a Hereford maiden last spring. Returned to action last month at Stratford, but was keen and 2m3f might have stretched his stamina. I like the fact that the horses he beat in his maiden have finished in 2nd and 1st in many of their next races. With yard starting to find a bit of form, this price looks silly. Betfair go 16/1 at the moment.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 3.30 Fakenham - Western 1.5pts e/w 7/2 Corals bog Was 3rd in a race that threw many winners. Then just lost to Akram, who finished 3rd behind Harry Tricker. Same Harry Tricker, who is 2nd from the Greatwood. Raised 3lbs, but 10lbs claimer will help and I can't see many dangers in this race.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 2.40 Folkestone - Shake The Barley 1pt to win 35/1 Betfair 1pt to place 7/1 BlueSq This is a very competitive race, but the horses I like are all at very skinny prices. I'll go with this Tom George horse, who has decent strike rate over fences. 3 wins and 2 places from 10. Tends to make mistakes, but these fences aren't very tough and yard is on fire. Only 3lbs higher than his last winning mark. Shouldn't be such a big price. With clearer round of jumping, he can be righ in the mix of things today.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 1.00 Fakenham - Pearly Star/Pipers Legend 1pt s f/c This is a two horse race and Pipers Legend would have had strong claims if there wasn't a Jim Best horse with the champion jock on board. The yard is flying at the moment and AP often rides horses, who are expected to win. With nothing else a particular danger, I'll play a small forecast on those two.