GaF's Nothing to Something thread (Current Bank €1007.85)

GaF

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: GaF's Nothing to Something thread (Current Bank $615.44) Nicely done GaF :ok Hope it continues at the same rate. Must admit you've inspired me to look at some of my old accounts and attack the small STT's. SO - can't do anything with 6p so that's a lost cause - until i win some money in their freerolls (bloomin awkward times though. But i've got the 14p i had in BetFred up to £2.31 Can't find any game history for the site, but it seems rocks could clear up here. I'm sticking with the old muppet rock method so hopefully i'll be joining you soon. Keep up the good work.

Re: GaF's Nothing to Something thread (Current Bank $737.45)

Whats the first column in the Closing Balance row represent ? ($5.01)
It's a manual adjustment to keep my declared bankroll in line with actual bankroll... $5 is a cleared bonus (explained earlier - "Have released a $5 bonus - dont know if it's "cheating" - I dont know if it's from a previous deposit, or automatic on new accounts :unsure But I'm counting it :tongue2 (there is another $95 bonus to be released)") $0.01 I cannot explain - best guess is it's Exchange rate fluctuations.....

Re: GaF's Nothing to Something thread (Current Bank $737.45) GaF, first off, well done on your bankroll so far, very impressive! Like others I was surprised that you did not use your obvious ability in the normal ring STT's where the prize is higher.....but I tried the 5 player speed STT's on Paradise and I see where you are going with this!!! I have won 5 of my first 6, the opposition is poor. I had one guy heads up, on 100/200 blinds drop from 2500 to 600 without calling my raise!!:loon Anyway, lets keep this between us, tell no-one!!:clap

Re: GaF's Nothing to Something thread (Current Bank $737.45)

:clap :clap :clap :clap What buy in? It really is unbelievable how bad some of them are!!!!
I must just be shite then. I gave it a go and played nearly 50 games and ended up $40 down. I kept a record of where I got my money in ahead where it mattered (I ignored where I had no real option but to push) and I was getting my money in ahead a lot of the time (18 of the last 20 games) but getting outdrawn constantly. Hands like AK against A2 and they would hit the 2. My AA was even beaten by 72os. Equal chips HU and he reraised me and then called the all in. Nothing on the flop and then 22 on turn and the river. Now I know poker throws these curve balls at you and 72os will crack what is only a pair quite a few times but what the hell makes these numpties think that is good play! I tried a new tact and moved away from turbos to normal 5 seaters. I won the first 4, and 7 of the first 10. Turbos suck and muppets suck more. I'm just not a lucky player and have to try and avoid coinflips until they are unavoidable. (By the way, I'm not saying your a lucky player Gaf just that I'm bloody unlucky (or unvarianced as you might say!) sometimes.)

Re: GaF's Nothing to Something thread (Current Bank $737.45) SpannerJ, your sample of 50 games is far too small to get an idea of if you're beating the game or not. Because of this it may seem like you've been very unlucky but it is simply variance. If you comeback having played 600+ games and you're still getting constantly outdrawn then you could be very unlucky. Just keep on putting your money in when ahead and you'll be a winning player soon enough, you're just experiencing some variance imo. P.S. Gaf is a very lucky player though :tongue2 P.P.S i might have to start playing the SNG's on Boss if everyone is going on about it being easy as i'm owning the $5 SNG's on Stars and they are tough.

Re: GaF's Nothing to Something thread (Current Bank $737.45) You know what I'm going to say - noone is lucky, noone is unlucky - luck doesn't exist, given a large enough sample... If you come back having played 600 games and still getting constantly outdrawn (18 times out of 20), then I would question the validity and accuracy of the way you are recording hands ......

Re: GaF's Nothing to Something thread (Current Bank $648.47) I'm glad even you can go through a bad spell, what do you put it down to? I just went through a period of 15 cashes in 20 with 9 ouright wins, then didn't cash for 5 in a row :eyes (now cashed in my last 2) I'm just about to sort through the hands, look at how i went out in the last 20+ tourns and see if i can find any patterns to these occasional failures, but do you reckon it can be mainly put down to variance a bad streak?

Re: GaF's Nothing to Something thread (Current Bank $648.47) Personally I dont believe in variance- Losing is all about the "wrong frame of mind" Having said that positive variance does help your frame of mind. Ideally therefore you should forget about variance and see a shrink or do what a lot of us do and play pissed, it helps you forget. It also stops you posting nonsense on forums when you are pissed.

Re: GaF's Nothing to Something thread (Current Bank $648.47)

Personally I dont believe in variance- Losing is all about the "wrong frame of mind"
actually losing is also about variance - unless you have the absolute nuts on the flop, with card/cards to come you can still get beat even if you are a 99.6 fav on the flop (i.e. you have a FH on the flop and they hit runner runner to out draw your FH - that is variance) Damo

Re: GaF's Nothing to Something thread (Current Bank $750.47) Well if you are in the "wrong frame of mind" you will never win at poker and if you play at the stakes I play 99% of the players are not just in the wrong frame of mind they are out of their minds. No ammount of Variance will beat me I tell you, no ammount! Alchohol and poker= Unbeatable