GaF's Nothing to Something thread (Current Bank €1007.85)

GaF

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: GaF's Nothing to Something thread (Current Bank €1007.85) Well done, GaF. :clap I kind of lost interest in my own "challenge" on UltimateBet, I'm afraid. I think I have about $20 in there. Maybe I'll go back to it some time. I think part of the problem was that after a while I only tended to play there when I didn't feel like playing for "proper" money, which probably meant I tended to play there when I wasn't in the mood to play well.

Re: GaF's Nothing to Something thread (Current Bank €1007.85)

Am probably going to seek out another challenge (I NEED to regain my focus!!)' date=' [b']it will probably be cash related, and it will probably be with a different ID/different site)
....... As opposed to what ?? - :lol:lol Well Done :ok

Re: GaF's Nothing to Something thread (Current Bank €1007.85) :clap:clap:clap GaF ?? You are doing the right thing by ending your challenge now as that was the intended target and it has been achieved.... :notworthy:notworthy Im hoping at some stage to make a go of what you have done but I have not been able to get any big freeroll winnings yet so Im playing in big number - small payout ones to hone my game. I have 11 sites in credit but the most is $9.80 and many are less than $1 but I hope to get some over the $22 mark before the new year and work from there at $2+$0.20 games giving me 10 buy ins. I had previously been loading accounts with money and just wasnt getting satisfaction from playing so this is my new challenge and I get a strange kick from making $0.75c now where before I wouldnt bat an eyelid at winning $50. Weird how this game can go at times... Well done again on "meeting your target" Now, buy yourself something nice with half of it and bank the rest.. :lol:lol

Re: GaF's Nothing to Something thread (Current Bank €1007.85) Well done GaF?...:cow:cow:cow... great achievement! Would like to try something like this myself but my lack of patience lets me down... :$... I will have to read through your thread again and see if I can find the answer! If not I'll just cross my fingers and hope. Can I ask how long this took in table-hours in total? Also, did you play STT because it is the best way of getting a reasonable return in a short time or just yout preferred game? :ok

Re: GaF's Nothing to Something thread (Current Bank €1007.85) Thanks Everyone :) How many table hours? Not a clue I'm afraid.... Why STTs - I thought I was crushing them - in reality though, the profit came more from other avenues - MTT wins and League tables .... I'm not even sure I was particularly profitable on STTs :unsure Might do some work on the spreadsheet and sumarise where the profit came from :ok

Re: GaF's Nothing to Something thread (Current Bank €1007.85) :clap Very well done mate. A nice sum of money won and a nice feeling of achieving the challenge. :clap If you're looking for a new challenge, come and join us in here inspired by the mole :ok Oh and one last thing:

My intention is to close this account down and forget about it now (I've had enough of VD - no more!!) -
I'm not surprised mate I've heard it can be quite painful! :eek Use your winnings to buy yourself some cream! ;)

Re: GaF's Nothing to Something thread (Current Bank €1007.85) Also definitely worth noting - I've paid well over €10,000 in tournament entries - which will be pretty much €1,000 in fees - if I was on a 30% rakeback deal, that would have earnt me another €300 on top!!!

Not quit sure how this and the USD one add up to €1000 either :unsure (but trust me' date=' they do!!)[/quote'] Ah - the difference seems to be pretty much the raked released bonus I had at the beginning :ok

Re: GaF's Nothing to Something thread (Current Bank €1007.85) I know these are pointless sample sizes however, we can only work with what we have got! GaF, you really suck at the $33 STT's:sad yet play well at the $11 & $22's:ok. I know from my own experiences that I really struggled to step up to the $33, $55 and $109's and could never make a consistent profit there at those levels (in fact I have never made a profit at the $55's), yet my BR allowed me the choice to play the higher levels and I took that choice even though it was not successful. I found that I then couldn't get motivated to play the $11 & $22's 'properly' despite me making a profit on those tables previously. Can I ask whether you find the same? I know that in previous threads you have said you are 'inconsitent' at the $55's, am wondering if you play the $33's because you can (BR management) or because the grind of the $11 & $22's get you down? Damo

Re: GaF's Nothing to Something thread (Current Bank €1007.85) Don't mix the currencies - I was "inconsistent" at $50 - which I now consider the €30 - so these numbers kind of confirm that (I couldnt find the post - wasn't that sure where I said before - $50 or $100). Why do I play at levels I cannot beat? 1) To improve my game 2) To test myself (I feel my game is constantly evolving and improving, one day I will beat them!!) Do I struggle to motivate myself for lower value games? Not at all - the game is the same, the amount I paid to enter (or the amount I could win) doesn't affect the right choices (though I may consider the buy in when putting opponents on ranges of hands) Looking at this (small) sample, then my profit maximising game seems to be €10 5 Seat Speed - so guess what I've been playing on Virgin to get into the 10 Week Tourney next week ;) (played 3, won 2, bubbled once :dude)

Why do I play at levels I cannot beat? 1) To improve my game 2) To test myself (I feel my game is constantly evolving and improving, one day I will beat them!!) :dude)
I understand the need to improve however am wondering how many buy-in people should be prepared to lose to 'improve' versus the amount of cash they could have won by not losing, and winning at the lower levels? In other words, how much of your BR are you prepared to risk to take a shot at the higher levels? Damo

In other words, how much of your BR are you prepared to risk to take a shot at the higher levels?
Er ....none I supose - if I believe I cannot at least almost break even at a level, then I'm not prepared to play it....however it may take me some games to realise I cannot beat it :unsure If you regularly play for a percentage of your bankroll then you will eventually find yourself roughly where you break even - if we take my results here as being exactly representative of my ability - I'm profitable at €20, however more profitable at €10 - if I regularly played a percentage of my bankroll, I would be playing above my optimal level (between €20 and €30) - €20 gives me a chance to play above optimal, whilst still being profitable - I SHOULD play €10 and €20 games until €20 is more profitable than €10, then look to play €20 and €30 games....hopefully, by this stage, €30 would not be a loser..... If I just wanted to play my most profitable poker (in the short term) then I should only be playing €10 games...