GaF's Nothing to Something thread (Current Bank €1007.85)

GaF

I need a new poker challenge!! Partially inspired by Slapdash's attempts in this thread - http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41492&page=2 and thinking back to Mr V's iconic post here - How To Start Out in Poker Without Risking Your Own Cash I've decided to go back to basics and create a new Poker bankroll, Chris Fergusson style from nothing.... What can I turn nothing into and how long will it take me? With the merger between SpOdds, Sporting Bet and Paradise I've ended up with a duplicate, dormant account on Paradise (Username ValeDown :ok) - so I will use this. Balance is currently zero and I will make no deposits..... Tonights HillyTheFish freeroll and next weeks PL Freeroll give me a great chance to get off the mark :drums

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: GaF's Nothing to Something thread nice one matey - good luck :ok having had an extended summer break :eek my own poker BR is somewhat diminshed :lol, so I too am back where I started all those years ago playing the $5 STT's and 10c cash tables - and I am actually quite enjoying it as every $ counts! Damo

I need a new poker challenge!! Partially inspired by Slapdash's attempts in this thread - http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41492&page=2 and thinking back to Mr V's iconic post here - How To Start Out in Poker Without Risking Your Own Cash I've decided to go back to basics and create a new Poker bankroll' date= Chris Fergusson style from nothing.... What can I turn nothing into and how long will it take me?

Re: GaF's Nothing to Something thread Good luck. I'm treading water on around $15 in mine. :sad I haven't been trying much recently, to be honest. I got a bit demotivated when I realized that my ROI seemed to be a lot better in $50 STTs on Virgin than it was in $0.50 and $1 STTs on Ultimate. :lol

Re: GaF's Nothing to Something thread What about waiting for this at paradise to come...GAF Coming soon... If you enjoy Sit'n'Go action you won't want to miss your chance to shine in our Single Table Superstar promotion where you can add a share of $7,000 each week to your STT prize money. Details of the promotion will be posted on the website so check back soon! We look forward to seeing you at the tables, The ParadisePoker Maybe not ...i didnt see in your post that you didnt want to deposit...

Re: GaF's Nothing to Something thread

I really dont get it. Why would anyone but a reclusive millionaire or a 3rd world refugee want to go through this kind of torture. Good luck though, Forgot Hillys thing was on so thats one less for you to beat
I agree to an extent, but personally i've done and am doing again a similar thing on PKR when i've gotten bored of the game. It's nowhere near the scale of the proper thing of but i just withdraw it all take a week or so off then start back from $50 and grind to fcuk on the cash games. It's a challenge, a way of making me concentrate and get back to focusing on the game, it builds the bankroll i get back in the groove to the point where i can withdraw a substantial amount every month. Whereas if i don't start from a low amount then i bored and complacent which is when the bankroll decreases, so this is how i use the strategy to keep making money.

If my maths is right' date=' I'm ahead after the Hilly game :moon :moon :moon :moon :tongue2 Now just a question of how much......[/quote'] Hmm, you do it on a site where you can play freerolls with a prize pool of $1000 and a few hundred players. I do it on a site where the only freerolls have a $50 prize pool and around 2500 players. I think I lost this at Step One, didn't I? :lol Though I've just had a thought. You won your $60 in a freeroll ... for which you needed a password ... which you got from a magazine ... which you PAID FOR! :@

Though I've just had a thought. You won your $60 in a freeroll ... for which you needed a password ... which you got from a magazine ... which you PAID FOR! :@
:lol :lol :lol :lol Not bitter? Can't disagree that I chose an easier option though :ok

Though I've just had a thought. You won your $60 in a freeroll ... for which you needed a password ... which you got from a magazine ... which you PAID FOR! :@
And I suppose you have FREE internet to play your online games with? And you're using library hardware or something? :tongue2

Re: GaF's Nothing to Something thread (Current Bank $122.18) The problem with posting these kinds of records on here is this: You are highlighting a specific set of games that are dishing up a decent profit to you. If just 3 PLers were then attracted to target the exact same games then you would expect your profit margins to drop...assuming you believe that Plers in general are above the average player, which I think they are. So this thread could end up being counter-productive in the end. I assume there are plenty of these games to go at so I'd like to pose this additional question...If you were about to register for a game and realised that 2 PLers were already in...then would you avoid that game and go elsewhere? or would you relish the challenge even though your game odds may be reduced? Hope your run continues...looking good at the moment. :ok

Re: GaF's Nothing to Something thread (Current Bank $122.18)

You are highlighting a specific set of games that are dishing up a decent profit to you.
Well, I believe GaF would tell us how he was getting on even if he started losing. I'm sure he's not posting just because he's winning ... well, maybe he'd post a little less often if he were losing. :D
If just 3 PLers were then attracted to target the exact same games then you would expect your profit margins to drop...assuming you believe that Plers in general are above the average player, which I think they are. So this thread could end up being counter-productive in the end.
I doubt PLers will be attracted to target the same $3 STTs that GaF is using for this project just to sabotage him. Well, apart from me :loon ... thanks for the idea! :ok

Re: GaF's Nothing to Something thread (Current Bank $122.18) I posted that I was going to track this account BEFORE I'd played any games, and before I knew how I would do - so not sure how it can be viewed as a form of "after eventing" (my words - not yours) - as slap says - I'd be posting the progress/results even if I were losing (remember, technically I cannot lose, because I started with zero - the advantage of starting a bankroll from nothing) These games have high liquidity and start every few seconds ..... I dont view any major risk from PL'rs "clashing" - but if they were, I'm certain I'd view it as a challenge and not avoid them ;)

Hope your run continues...looking good at the moment. :ok
Probably worth adding at that point - I'm running at the moment with tremendous positive short term variance (Good Luck I believe some call it :tongue2) - these results are NOT representative of what I could achieve over the long run - I am convinced there are poor players there, that I am "beating the game" and that I will be profitable at this level - I have NO chance of averaging an ROI equivalent to my current results

Probably worth adding at that point - I'm running at the moment with tremendous positive short term variance (Good Luck I believe some call it :tongue2) - these results are NOT representative of what I could achieve over the long run - I am convinced there are poor players there' date= that I am "beating the game" and that I will be profitable at this level - I have NO chance of averaging an ROI equivalent to my current results
Well done on your profit so far :clap I'd like to know what you see as a 'normal' ROI in the long term?

I'd like to know what you see as a 'normal' ROI in the long term?
I dont really know :unsure Maybe 20% (at this level) but that's a total stab in the dark..... ("normal" for a decent profitable player)