PL 10 to follow Flat season comp - Final Table up now

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: PL 10 to follow Flat season comp - JOIN HERE guys, this takes a bit of admin so i am going to allow everyone who entered the Jumps season comp a guaranteed entry, plus another 5. So if you didnt enter the jumps comp, you have only 5 places & it will be 1st come 1st served. EDIT = CHANGED THIS NOW TO LET EVERYONE IN!

Re: PL 10 to follow Flat season comp - JOIN HERE

guys' date=' this takes a bit of admin so i am going to allow everyone who entered the Jumps season comp a guaranteed entry, plus another 5. So if you didnt enter the jumps comp, you have only 5 places & it will be 1st come 1st served.[/quote'] i've a feeling not everyone who entered the jumps comp will join in. I will post up the rules later. AK Kevsul Haitch Mileni4uk are all in. 1 more definite place up for grabs.

I'm looking forward to this. :ok Will scoring be same as Tote competition' date=' just thinking someone could help you out with admin through the season.[/quote'] i dont mind mate, i found it ok with the 20 or so entrants we had last time. Another way of keeping the numbers manageable was to limit entries to people who posted over say, 500. However i thought that would put off our newbies that want to join. If we did use the same scoring system it would be easier as then we could just check the site to see what the horse has scored. if thats the case, should we just offer the comp open to all then?

Re: PL 10 to follow Flat season comp - JOIN HERE Here is the tote's scoring/races :

SCORING Selections score points when winning Flat races under the Rules of Racing (excluding NH Flat races) in Great Britain and Ireland or Group races in France, Germany or Italy or Grade One Stakes races in North America during the period of the competition, 1 May - 20 October 2007. Winning selections are awarded points as follows: 25 points Group One/Grade One race 20 points Group Two race 15 points Group Three race 12 points Listed race 10 points other races In the event of a dead-heat, points will be divided by the number of horses dead-heating with fractions rounded down. No points will be awarded for a walkover. The official result on the day will be used for the calculation of points with any subsequent disqualifications disregarded. Bonus Races An additional 25 points will also be awarded to the winner and 12 points to the runner-up in each of the following races: MAY 2,000 Guineas (Newmarket 5 May) 1,000 Guineas (Newmarket 6 May) JUNE Oaks (Epsom Downs 1 June) Derby (Epsom Downs 2 June) St James’s Palace Stakes (Royal Ascot 19 June) Prince of Wales’s Stakes (Royal Ascot 20 June) Ascot Gold Cup (Royal Ascot 21 June) Coronation Stakes (Royal Ascot 22 June) Golden Jubilee Stakes (Royal Ascot 23 June) JULY Irish Derby (Curragh 1 July) Eclipse Stakes (Sandown Park 7 July) King George VI & Queen Elizabeth Stakes (Ascot 28 July) AUGUST Sussex Stakes (Goodwood 1 August) International Stakes (York 21 August) Nunthorpe Stakes (York 23 August) SEPTEMBER Irish Champion Stakes (Leopardstown 8 September) St Leger Stakes (Doncaster 15 September) Queen Elizabeth II Stakes (Ascot 29 September) OCTOBER Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe (Longchamp 7 October) Champion Stakes (Newmarket 20 October)

i dont mind mate, i found it ok with the 20 or so entrants we had last time. Another way of keeping the numbers manageable was to limit entries to people who posted over say, 500. However i thought that would put off our newbies that want to join. If we did use the same scoring system it would be easier as then we could just check the site to see what the horse has scored. if thats the case, should we just offer the comp open to all then?
I think if we use the same scoring as for official tote competition everyone could check scoring for their own entry through racing post (paper or site) or actual tote site and take personal responsibility, leaving you to just update mini league etc and not so much pressure on you for updates after every winner. As I said to you before mate, I've noticed you doing updates after midnight etc and I don't know if you work shifts but you must be knackered at that time if you've been working all day. I'd personally say throw the 10 to follow open to all PL members as some might not be that interested in racing on a daily basis but would be interested in a season long competition. Don't leave yourself with loads of admin, if you want 1 of us can put up points for horses that score points on a weekly or monthly basis and then you can just update the table etc. It'll give you more time to find some nice priced flat winners. :ok See what everyone else thinks, seems to be a fair bit of interest and some PL members are going to be left disappointed if they don't get in. There are quite a few newbies lately, the more the merrier. :)

Re: PL 10 to follow Flat season comp - JOIN HERE these are my 10 Buachaill Dona (IRE) Dandy Man (IRE) Indian Ink (IRE) Jeremy (USA) Les Arcs (USA) Nannina Reverence Secret World (IRE) Strategic Prince Tax Free (IRE) that was bloody hard, i think this will be more difficult than the flat version.