French Open 2024

13 minutes ago, Torque said:

And that franks it. Doesn't even force ADM to serve it out, and doesn't save a single break point in that final set. Machac must be fuming - he'd have given ADM a better match. All of that after winning the first set as well.

yeah, really crap performance after the 1st set. Didn't stop moaning to his coach. Tanked hard.

Carlos Alcaraz (-1.5 sets) to beat Stefanos Tsitsipas at 1.50 with Unibet

The H2H says a lot about this match-up, and Tsitsipas hasn't been all that great so far in this event either, facing below-average opposition and yet losing sets and having some slight issues. Alcaraz basically blitzed Korda and FAA, and he'll want to make a statement after seeing Djokovic struggle yesterday.

Agree with Czech above with Alcaraz. Should win with ease. I'm going with the game's handicap because I think at least one of the sets will be dominant and think it is likely to finish 3-0. Also taking a punt on a Paddy boost. It probably relies on Sinner in straight sets but when Sinner is 6/5 to win 3-0 then I think it's a little bit of value.

5pts Alcaraz -5.5 games to beat Tsitsipas 4/5 Bet365
2pts Alcaraz & Swiatek both to win & Sinner to win in str8 sets 11/4 Paddypower

Posted (edited)

Gauff - 1.5 sets @1.83 Pinnacle 👎
Errani/Paolini - 1.5 sets @1.44 Marathonbet 👍
Andreeva/Zvonareva @1.55 Marathonbet 👍
Machac /Zhang @1.72 Pinnacle 👍

Yesterday 4/6.GL you all. 

Edited by timovk
3/4 👍

2 hours ago, 888888 said:

Anyone watched Djoko? 

I intented to bet against him somewhere along the quarters or semis, and i feel after two 5 setters and against a good opponent like Ruud it might be the right time

All depends how serious injury is?! Nole is a real fighter despite of little pain. He can beat everyone if he is 80% condition. Ruud is tough opponent, but sometimes mentally shaky. 

%

1 hour ago, timovk said:

All depends how serious injury is?! Nole is a real fighter despite of little pain. He can beat everyone if he is 80% condition. Ruud is tough opponent, but sometimes mentally shaky. 

%

Also we've seen this story many times before - Djokovic injured and yet still winning. I don't see him not playing but whether he can win or not is probably best judged in-play.

I like the 9/2 on Ruud to win AFTER losing the 1st set. Djokovic has won the first set and THEN struggled in the last couple of matches and if he is injured, you're likely to see his best set early. Ruud beat him last time out after losing the 1st set too right?

Ruud to win 3-1 for me. The 9/2 is what I'll be going with though for my value.

3 hours ago, Torque said:

Also we've seen this story many times before - Djokovic injured and yet still winning. I don't see him not playing but whether he can win or not is probably best judged in-play.

On the other hand... Djokovic withdraws.

Posted (edited)

Alcaraz - 5 games ovet Tsitsipas @1.64 Marathonbet 👍

IMO Carlos should take this quite easily and this line is tasty! If Tsitsipas success 100% he could take one narrow set. 

Edited by timovk

Posted (edited)

Zverev - 1.5 sets @1.82 Pinnacle 👍
Granollers/Zeballos @1.58 Pinnacle 👍
Tsitsipas/Tsitsipas @1.67 Pinnacle 👍
Siegemund/Roger-Vasselin @1.58 Pinnacle 👍
Rybarikina - 4 games @1.71 Pinnacle 👎
Sabalenka - 1.5 sets @1.68 Pinnacle 👎
Andreeva /Zvonareva @1.97 Pinnacle VOID

Yesterday 4 - 2, RG over all 13-5.
GL you all. 

Edited by timovk

Paolini is due to play in the doubles today with Errani, as well her singles match vs Rybakina. It's still not clear from the schedule as to which match she will play first, but if it's the doubles, then I think her winning the singles match afterwards is even less likely. Even if the singles match is on first, I still can't see Paolini winning, unless she plays out of her skin, something I don't see happening. Doubling Rybakina with Sabalenka gives you .55 or .6 to 1 generally. Not exactly great odds but I really cannot see either underdog winning here.

On 6/4/2024 at 9:02 AM, Fader said:

Agree with Czech above with Alcaraz. Should win with ease. I'm going with the game's handicap because I think at least one of the sets will be dominant and think it is likely to finish 3-0. Also taking a punt on a Paddy boost. It probably relies on Sinner in straight sets but when Sinner is 6/5 to win 3-0 then I think it's a little bit of value.

5pts Alcaraz -5.5 games to beat Tsitsipas 4/5 Bet365
2pts Alcaraz & Swiatek both to win & Sinner to win in str8 sets 11/4 Paddypower

Both winners yesterday. 

Sabalenka has a 2-0 head to-head win over young Andreeva, on the Clay. Both were routine victories (6-3/6-1) & (6-1/6-4) and I think we'll see another straight sets win today. I'm going with :

2.5pts Sabalenka to win and under 19.5 games 6/5 Bet365
2pts Sabalenka and Rybakina both to win 2-0 5/2 Paddypower

1 hour ago, Fader said:

Rybakina on about 20 unforced errors and it's not even the end of set 1 lol

I don't know what the heck happened to her, 🙈 completely unfocussed out there, dreadful performance, Paolini did well but Rybakina pretty much handed the match to her with that shocking effort.

2 hours ago, amity said:

I don't know what the heck happened to her, 🙈 completely unfocussed out there, dreadful performance, Paolini did well but Rybakina pretty much handed the match to her with that shocking effort.

Absolutely. Paolini didn't win the match, Rybakina won it for her. Looking like Sabalenka is going out too.

4 hours ago, Fader said:

Rybakina on about 20 unforced errors and it's not even the end of set 1 lol

When you think about how this is the elite level of the sport it's staggering that players can make so many mistakes.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Torque said:

Absolutely. Paolini didn't win the match, Rybakina won it for her. Looking like Sabalenka is going out too.

Sabalenka looks to have righted the ship now, a break up in the third, so long as she doesn't go on a double faulting spree, she should be home and hosed in another fifteen or twenty minutes time. 

Edited by amity
Typo

4 minutes ago, CzechPunter said:

That's been the case with the WTA since I can remember, even Serena was making tons.

True of course but it shows that there's still room for improvement at the top level. Eventually someone's going to come along who doesn't make the mistakes and loses most of their points via winners from the opponent. A player like that would clean up.

22 minutes ago, Fader said:

apparently, Sabalenka had some kind of sickness bug? could be an excuse, who knows?

Either that or the other suggestion was the time of the month. Regardless, she's another who can spray UE's like confetti and who's had problems with getting serves in. And she's the second best player in the world.

Posted (edited)

Swiatek - 1.5 sets @1.52 Pinnacle 👍
Paolini - Andreeva over 2.5 sets @2.37 Pinnacle 👎
Krawczyk/Skupski @1.65 Pinnacle 👎
Tsitsipas/Tsitsipas @4.48 Pinnacle 👎
Tsitsipas /Tsitsipas over 2.5 sets @2.65 Marathonbet 👎

Yesterday 4 - 2, RG over all 17-7. GL you all. 

Edited by timovk
Bad day, 1-4.