** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

European Masters 2023

Fader

The second tournament of the new campaign but the first that the players take seriously, in some respects. Not too much to get excited about today but one bet I will be taking is Michael White to beat Jak Jones. They get started at 2:30 pm BST.

White beat Jones only five days ago at the Championship League (3-1)  and Jak Jones was pretty average. Jones qualified from his group but it was a weak one. He beat Jamie Jones, Rebecca Kenna and and drew with Dean Young. Once he entered a slightly better group, he lost to Sam Craigie, and Michael White and only drew against Long Zehuang. 

White has already hit a couple of centuries in his first two matches this season. He beat Jun, Day and Jain all 3-1 and has only lost to Sam Craigie, himself. Craigie has been in decent form so early on, so it's not embarrassing for these two to lose to him. Both also drew with Zehaung. It should be a close match but White looks to be the value and seems to be scoring better, when in.

2.5pts M.White to beat Jak Jones 11/10 Paddypower

31 minutes ago, ElPrincipito007 said:

Which site do you use for viewing the 50+ breaks? World Snooker Tour (WST) doesn’t give the 50+ breaks anymore. Even the live score is much worse than it was…

I'm really struggling with WST live scoring. It was poor before but now it's absolutely crap. I use cuetracker.

A winner yesterday.

Not a whole lot today but I will go with Jun to beat Pagett. Pagett looked pretty hopeless last week and lost 3-1, 3-0 & 3-0. With one 57 break (his only 50+ break of the three matches)

Jiang Jun was the World under 18 Snooker champion back in 2019, aged just 13. He beat Gao Yang in the final of that tournament and Yang is a half decent player himself. He also beat Jianbo along the way. Another player who has had some success on the circuit.

4 years later and just 17 years old he has just got a 2-2 draw with Ryan Day and beaten Jain 3-0. Losing to White 3-1. He has shown more in those 3 matches than Pagett has done for quite a while.

3pts Jun to beat Pagett evens PaddyPower

nice easy one. Jun winning 5-1. Another day, tomorrow, of un-exciting matches. One selection that I'll go with is Liu Hongyu to beat Hammad Miah. 8/13 doesn't fill me with excitement though so I'll chance him to win -1.5 at even money. Miah is a bit of a streaky player who can give most a game on his day but he had a draw against Stan Moody, a 3-1 loss to Junxu and a 2-2 draw with Wu Yize in the Championship League group stage. He played some decent stuff against Wu Yize most recently, though.

Liu Hongyu beat Peng Yisong 3-1, David Lilley 3-0 and Ricky Walden 3-1 in his initial group at the Championship League. He qualified for the Semi-Finals and also beat Carty 3-1, and drew with Wells 2-2. He lost his initial match in the semi-finals to Saengkham and was a whisker of a way to making it through to the final.

2.5pts Liu Hongyu (-1.5 handicap) to beat H.Miah evens Paddypower

• 4 weeks later...

This gets underway proper tomorrow. Well, in a sense. They have 8 matches held over tomorrow and then we'll know the full draw. Let's get started with some outright bets :

1.5pts e/w J.Higgins 16/1 Paddypower
1.5pts e/w M.Williams 18/1 Paddypower
------------------------------------------------
0.25pts e/w Hoatian 175/1 Paddypower
0.25pts e/w R.Williams 200/1 WillHill
0.25pts e/w D.Wells 200/1 Paddypower

8 hours ago, Fader said:

I keep moaning about it but the live scoring in snooker events nowadays is absolutely rubbish. GL, @Foo_Fighter . Agree with Mertens. I think he could have a couple of wins in this tournament.

I couldn't agree more about the livescoring, it's only working halfway. If you click view more on a match you don't get autoupdate so you have to update manually. Complete disaster. And you can't see how the frames are going in all matches at once.

1 hour ago, four-leaf said:

I couldn't agree more about the livescoring, it's only working halfway. If you click view more on a match you don't get autoupdate so you have to update manually. Complete disaster. And you can't see how the frames are going in all matches at once.

It's really frustrating. I never would have imagined it could have got worse. I think they've had issues on the scoring on the tables and so the scraping to the site wouldn't work too but it's non-working far too often. Very amateur from WST.

Only positive is you can find a lot of streams out there of the matches. Discovery+ is half decent at 7 quid a month.

I like seeing Ross Muir defeated Perry as 3.40 underdog.. I've got no idea why I didn't have an eye on yesterdays snooker early enough to spot another win for the scot. Probably to occupied by the ongoing mens and ladies tennis but I do like to combine both snooker and tennis in some acca now and then if the price is big enough.

Late to the party as usual but I see you boys have had a good start to the season. I concur about the live scoring, totally shocking how crap it is. Even the Snooker scores live app is dead now as I think they relied on data from the official source. Wish I'd opposed Robbo who seems to have been busy holidaying in Sweden all summer and not practising much. What's with all these snooker players losing their cues, you'd think they'd at least put an airtag in their cue case which would help when the airlines inevitably lose them.

Michael White to beat Ricky Walden at 2.10 with Unibet

One I like tomorrow as White likes the bo 9 format and in bo 9 it's acctually even 2-0 for the welshman while Walden has won all other matches in best of 5 and 7 except that one time in the Crucible. And White compared to Walden right now is that Walden had a good last season while White came back to tour. Walden at 20# and White 66# so will Ricky maintain his status as a top player or will White strengthen his WST status? Beginning early on this season I think it looks good for White and it's unlikely to happen anything bigger than last season for Walden as it should be hard for him to match those performances.

So the history between them as well as the probable status of each player throughout this season I think it's more likely White will strengthen his WST status and play better than Walden does now. Ofcourse if Walden performs as last season I'd hessitate but White seems to be the better player now and seems to have raised his game  since leaving WST while it's questionable if Ricky really is as good as 20# right now.

7 hours ago, charliepie said:

Late to the party as usual but I see you boys have had a good start to the season. I concur about the live scoring, totally shocking how crap it is. Even the Snooker scores live app is dead now as I think they relied on data from the official source. Wish I'd opposed Robbo who seems to have been busy holidaying in Sweden all summer and not practising much. What's with all these snooker players losing their cues, you'd think they'd at least put an airtag in their cue case which would help when the airlines inevitably lose them.

yeah, I was going to go against Robbo too. Annoying. Was tempted with Carty again too. Always the way when you don't go for it.

14 hours ago, Fader said:

I'll be taking a few outsiders tomorrow. 

2pts J.Jiang to beat Z.Surety 5/4 Paddypower
2pts P.Yisong to beat Hicks 7/4 Paddypower
2pts R.Williams to beat P.Junxu 5/4 Paddypower
-------------------------------------------
1pt 4-fold - Jiang / Yisong / R. Williams / Mertens 22/1 Bet365

Well, Robbie Williams has done the business. 5-1.

Jun 4-0 up in a 'first to 5' is now somehow back to 4-3. Must have had about 20 chances now, so his head has obviously gone as he is playing like he's drunk. I expect him to lose that, now.

edit * Yep, 4-0 up, loses 5-4. Dreadful. 

2 hours ago, Fader said:

Well, Robbie Williams has done the business. 5-1.

Jun 4-0 up in a 'first to 5' is now somehow back to 4-3. Must have had about 20 chances now, so his head has obviously gone as he is playing like he's drunk. I expect him to lose that, now.

edit * Yep, 4-0 up, loses 5-4. Dreadful. 

Got to be the worst way to lost a bet. You'd rather he'd been steamrollered. Reminds me of when I was on Ding to beat Fernandez nearly six years ago now - he was 5-0 up and it was best of 11. You can guess what happened next.

4 hours ago, Torque said:

Got to be the worst way to lost a bet. You'd rather he'd been steamrollered. Reminds me of when I was on Ding to beat Fernandez nearly six years ago now - he was 5-0 up and it was best of 11. You can guess what happened next.

I just know the 4-fold is coming in too. Just to make it worse.

9 minutes ago, four-leaf said:

@Fader maybe some comfort that Yisong lost to Hicks

100%. I couldn't have taken that lol.

Just looking at today. More hoping for my outrights to do well but the outsider players I'll be going with :

2.5pts Yize to beat Saengkham 13/10 Bet365
2pts Mertens to beat Gilbert 2/1 Bet365
2pts Hugill to beat Guodong 7/4 Bet365
-----------------------------------------------
1pt 18/1 treble Bet365

10 hours ago, Fader said:

100%. I couldn't have taken that lol.

Just looking at today. More hoping for my outrights to do well but the outsider players I'll be going with :

2.5pts Yize to beat Saengkham 13/10 Bet365
2pts Mertens to beat Gilbert 2/1 Bet365
2pts Hugill to beat Guodong 7/4 Bet365
-----------------------------------------------
1pt 18/1 treble Bet365

Mertens loses on a decider. Hugill wins on a decider. Meanwhile, Rob Williams goes 3-0 up and also loses on a decider and Mark Williams .... loses on a decider. On the Black. Good times.

Well, at least Higgins is doing the business and Haotian has a chance, against Gilbert. I'm going with 3 over the course of the day :

3pts Saengkham to beat J.Robertson 4/6 Bet365
3pts Higgins to beat K.Wilson 1/1 Bet365
2.5pts Hawkins to beat Brecel 6/5 Bet365
-------------------------------------------------
1pt treble Saengkham, Higgins, Hawkins 6/1 Bet365
0.5pts attempted morning 4-fold - Hawkins, Haotian, Saengkham and Selby (-1.5) 11/1 WillHill