** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Royal Ascot Day 3 - Thursday June 22nd

Ascot 2.30

The Norfolk kicks the day off and could turn out to be a match between the American challenger American Rascal, who’s dam Lady Aurelia loved Ascot and Karl Burke’s Elite Status who was so impressive at Sandown last time. They’re both priced accordingly mind and I’ll look for a bit of value with the Donnacha O’Brien trained Devious who won on his debut at Naas in good style.

DEVIOUS 1 point each way 14/1 William Hill 1/5th 1234

Ascot 3.05

As alway a highly competitive renewal with several unexposed three year olds. My shortlist comprises of top weight Bertinelli who won the London Cup last time and may still have a bit in hand of the handicapper, Davideo who makes his handicap debut here following a Newmarket maiden success and Sir Michael Stoute’s Perfuse making his handicap debut.
A tough call but the pick is the Aiden O’Brien top weight Bertinelli.

BERTINELLI 1 point each way 7/1 bet365

Ascot 3.40

The supplemented Al Asifah looks very smart and is arguably the best three year old filly around. She’ll be hard to beat but has been priced accordingly at around the Even money mark. Bluestocking can turn the tables on her Newbury conqueror Warm Heart and looks one for the frame but I can’t look beyond Al Asifah who looks very good.

AL ASIFAH 2 points win 10/11 888Sport

Ascot 4.20

A good renewal of this famous staying race with no standout champion this season. Coltrane is the most obvious contender as he loves the track and stays so well whilst last year’s St Leger winner Eldar Eldarov ran a great trial at York and promises to be well suited by this longer trip. The Gosden’s have had such a great time of late in the race with Stradivarius and may have found another good one in the unbeaten Courage Mon Ami who is also stepping up markedly in trip but wasn’t stopping last time and on ratings hasn’t much to find. An unbeaten horse ridden by Frankie Dettori he’s the pick here with the Godolphin runner Yibir another to consider if he sees the trip out.

COURAGE MON AMI 1 point each way  7/1 bet365 1/5th 1234

Ascot 5.00

As always a real minefield of a race with thirty three year olds hurtling down the straight course. My short list consists of Sheila Lavery’s well thought of Fort Vega who looks nicely treated, Royal Cape who ran into one last time out at Haydock and the five timer seeking Racingbreaks Ryder who may still be ahead of the assessor.
My pick is the Irish raider Fort Vega who his trainer still harbours Group aspirations for him.

FORT VEGA 1 point each way  25/1 bet365 1/4 1234
ROYAL CAPE 1 point each way 20/1 bet365 1/4 1234

Ascot 5.35

Another tough contest where it maybe worth chancing Exoplanet who was a real eye-catcher last time out in the London Cup at Newbury where he was badly drawn and had a wide trip all the way round but still finished third. Torito and Caernarfon look possible dangers but to small stakes it’s Exoplanet each way.

EXOPLANET 1 point each way 15/2 William Hill 1/5th 1234

Ascot 6.10

Another 29 runner cavalry charge in the shape of the Buckingham Palace Stakes Handicap. Kingdom Come is the tentative pick now dripping back in trip for Clive Cox. He appeared to run out of petrol within the final furlong last time out at Newbury and can be thereabouts.

KINGDOM COME 1 point each way 14/1 Coral 1/5th 123456

Brittania 5.00 asc 

Finns charm   8.5 40/1 

Saxon King 8.5  18/1 

Royal Cape 8.3  22/1 

Betterdayscomin  8.1 25/1 

Docklands   7.8 

Surely not   7.7 

Incredibly difficult race as you can tell by betting ... .bookies going  16/1 2nd fav !!!....so its gotta be worth a punt ..... biggest factor i have is I think 12 /24 winners were drawn within 5 of either rail .(50%) .....un fortunately all top 4 are all drawn within 5 ...noooo....but huge prices and stats are in their favour so I'll try 10pt wins all 4 and hope a nice win is on the cards 👍 

2 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

Brittania 5.00 asc 

Finns charm   8.5 40/1 

Saxon King 8.5  18/1 

Royal Cape 8.3  22/1 

Betterdayscomin  8.1 25/1 

Docklands   7.8 

Surely not   7.7 

Incredibly difficult race as you can tell by betting ... .bookies going  16/1 2nd fav !!!....so its gotta be worth a punt ..... biggest factor i have is I think 12 /24 winners were drawn within 5 of either rail .(50%) .....un fortunately all top 4 are all drawn within 5 ...noooo....but huge prices and stats are in their favour so I'll try 10pt wins all 4 and hope a nice win is on the cards 👍 

With 33 runners I would have expected enhanced places but most bookies seem to be sticking with 4 places

There are 2 big heritage handicaps on the third day of Royal Ascot. The first is the King George V Stakes. It is open to 3-year-olds and is run over 1 mile 3 furlongs and 211 yards. The off time is 15.05.

22 go to post and with some bookmakers offering 6 places it makes it an excellent betting proposition.

I have looked at the statistics over the last 9 years and these are my key conclusions.

Outsiders do not have a good record. There have been 71 horses with forecast odds over 14/1 and none of them has won.

It is best to have had a decent break from the last run. Those horses that last ran more than 24 days ago have a record of 7 wins from 89 runs with a profit of 21 points at Betfair Starting Price. Those that ran more recently have won just 2 from 67 with a loss of 49 points.

Those horses drawn in stalls 1 to 7 have a poor record with just 1 win from 53 attempts.

The ideal weight range is 8st 9lbs to 8st 12lbs with 5 wins from 56 runs and a profit of 43 points.

2 horses meet these criteria.

DAVIDEO 14/1

VALIANT KING 12/1

I suggest backing these each way with bookmakers offering 5/6 places.

Free bet to use......so split into 2 EW doubles 

ascot 2.30   American rascal 11/1 EW  &    3.05  Bertinelli  13/2 EW   5 places

ascot 3.40   Blue stocking 6/1  EW   3rd    &    4.20   Eldar Eldarov  9/2 EW     4 places

R.Moore treble for top 6 place ( betfair )   9/4......3.05 Bertinelli  3rd / 3.40 Warm heart  Won  / 4.20 emily dickenson  4th        Won 65 pts

ascot 2.30   Devious  16/1 EW    &     Thunder blue   40/1 EW

Ascot 3.05   Wonder legend   13/2 EW     &    Struth  28/1  EW      5 places betfair

ascot  3.40  Maman joon  22/1 EW     &   Al Asifah  win 2 lengths @ 9/4 

ascot  4.20  Courage mon ami  6/1  EW    4 places betfair      Won   69 pts

ascot  5.00  Racingbreaks ryder 10/1 EW         &    Fort vega   20/1  EW       4 places       

2 wins 🏆 🏆 so nice  profit 👍💷 ......soooo thanks to 'The Brigadier' for my profit with Frankie / gosden winner in Gold Cup 👍

Edited by Brahmin

Ascot

230- NO NAY METS 5/1 Sky £ back if 2nd ,3rd , 4th or 5th . 👎

610- KINGDOM COME 12/1 eway bet365 ( 6 ) 👎

610- NORTHERN EXPRESS 16/1eway bet365 ( 6 ) 3rd 

700 Lingfield - MR FAYEZ 11/2 eway bet365 ( 2 )  trainer / jockey combo do well . 1st 👍

820 Leopardstown - WHATAWIT 4/1 bet365 3rd 👎. Sir M .Prescott sends this all the way to Leopardstown in the lucky last 🤔

840 Uttoxeter - COCONUT TWIST 9/2 . B.Barr 5/10 last 2 weeks , good for small yard . non runner .

Edited by calva decoy

Backed these in King George Handicap last night,form of Struth was nicely bolstered yesterday and money coming for it this morning

Struth        22/1   5 Plcs    

Cracovia    50/1   5 Plcs

Added Crown Princesse at 25/1  4 Plcs in 3.40 with a rev fc with the favourite.

Edited by Le Doyen

7 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

2.30 Asc Mon Na Slieve 0.50 ew 28/1 4p

Back soon

Posted ew L15 and Acca on the Fun Comp - 3.50 stakes

3.05 Asc Perfuse 1 pt win at 5/1

3.40 Asc LMay 0.50 ew at 50/1 4p

5.00 Asc Finns Cgarm 0.50 ew at 33/1 and Saxon King 0.50 ew at 14/1 4p

5.35 Asc Bold Act 0.50 ew at 11/1 5p

6.10 Asc Rhoscolyn 0.50 ew at 12/1 6 p

= 10.50 stakes today

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A winner and a place double on the L15 gave a return of 3.14 and an each-way place returned 1.60 = 4.74 making a loss of 5.76 on the day.  YTD = + 30.89

Edited by The Equaliser
RESULTS UPDATE

Benacre                                               5 00 A/                   1/40th  of a pt ew   30/1

Fort Vega                                             5 00 A/                   1/40th of a  pt ew   25/1

P/L      + 159 pts                  

19 hours ago, Villa Chris said:

treble 0.50 EW

3.05 Struth 22/1 

4.20 Subjectivist 8/1

6.10 Accidental Agent 33/1

Win pays £3,572,35  place pays £ 53.35

Doubles  0.50 EW 

3.05 Bertinelli 6/1 Struth 22/1

4.20 Coltrane 3/1 Subjectivist 8/1

The EW double retuned 4.68 

8 minutes ago, fd1972uk said:

Thankfully the rot was stopped,  Docklands and Waipiro coming up trumps.

Some crazy results still.

That’s flat racing for you.  You don’t know who’s declined or progressed from a year ago, or how good some of these horses are who have hardly raced .  Who’s been hiding away in lower class races ready to grab a big pot at the festival . Tricky business, I prefer races 4 years plus , or 3 years plus isn’t too bad and that’s hard enough. 

Uttoxetter 8.40.

Baby Jane

Win

Looks really well treated after course and distance win here.

Given that she was touched off at Catterick off a couple of pounds lower, suggests she's well in here especially with the defection of her main rival weighted just below her.

Runs just one pound over opening handicap debut mark .

Leopardstown 8.20

Whatawit

Win

Sir mark Prescott has one runner today and no more entries this week.

I assume he's not here for hare coursing and has hired a local jockey.

Edited by sporting sam