BET365 25% WINNINGS BOOST ON YOUR BET BUILDER

10 minutes ago, Torque said:

And then there's your negative experience with 365 where some would say they aren't so sharp to limit.

I think my experiences might be different to what people would have now. Maybe the sheer longevity of the accounts stands me in good stead in some instances. I’ve been limited by 365 for ages so, again, they might be different now. “Back in the day” most people seemed to  think they were poor in that respect: them being better regarded seems a relatively recent thing.

4 hours ago, Torque said:

Seems a complete lottery to me.

I agree, there doesn't seem to be much logic. I still have offers with BET365 despite being several thousand in profit but with Hills I was resticted after making £20 profit. Same with Laddies, several thousand in profit although they don't seem to have many offers these days.

I really only use the bookies for the offers, my serious bets are on the exchanges.

August real money return on all bet builders is +178.77 points with an ROI of 80.08% from 55 bets. The 2 double digit odds anytime doubles are responsible for 64% of the profit but a reasonable enough return from the remainder.

129.66 points up for the year to date, will do a month end update of these figures.

Hopefully returns will be better now I've got a better feel for where I do well and badly with these bets. (Though not necessarily better than this month!)

20 hours ago, MCLARKE said:

I agree, there doesn't seem to be much logic. I still have offers with BET365 despite being several thousand in profit but with Hills I was resticted after making £20 profit. Same with Laddies, several thousand in profit although they don't seem to have many offers these days.

I really only use the bookies for the offers, my serious bets are on the exchanges.

Perhaps @Zilzalian is correct and the bookies do check these threads. I've just received the dreaded "review of your account by our Trading team" email. Looks like tonights bet will be my last one on this thread.

image.png

21 hours ago, MCLARKE said:

I think this is more the nub of it, I doubt it's anything they would have gleaned off here as opposed to a straightforward analysis of your betting activity. Basically you're probably only betting football where there's a boost involved so they'd probably see that as something they're not keen on and reach the conclusion that you may not be profitable for them. 

However, if you appeal from a "don't you know who I am" angle (highlighting your important role on here) I'm sure they'll overturn their decision in a heartbeat! :loon

14 minutes ago, MCLARKE said:

Looks like tonights bet will be my last one on this thread.

Lightweight! Never having had the offer hasn't stopped me posting! :lol

I have found the thread interesting and useful in terms of getting my head around the whole bet builder thing. Shame the axe has finally swung in your direction. Don't forget, there's still the spreads to plunder yet!

1 minute ago, harry_rag said:

Lightweight! Never having had the offer hasn't stopped me posting! :lol

I have found the thread interesting and useful in terms of getting my head around the whole bet builder thing. Shame the axe has finally swung in your direction. Don't forget, there's still the spreads to plunder yet!

Thanks for reminding me, I keep forgetting. At least I should have a bit more time on my hands.

To be fair to bet365 i have never had a problem with them, Like @harry_rag says if they see "i only use bookies for their offers" or pick up on it why would they let you just mop up the offers only? 99% of my bets are with Bet365 and i would be gutted if they started to restrict me because i have often sung their praises on here and off here, before i retired i steered many towards them because i genuinely thought and still do think they were/are the best online bookie by far. maybe it is because i tend to keep my stakes small its not like i cost them a fortune or anywhere near it.

16 hours ago, Zilzalian said:

To be fair to bet365 i have never had a problem with them, Like @harry_rag says if they see "i only use bookies for their offers" or pick up on it why would they let you just mop up the offers only? 99% of my bets are with Bet365 and i would be gutted if they started to restrict me because i have often sung their praises on here and off here, before i retired i steered many towards them because i genuinely thought and still do think they were/are the best online bookie by far. maybe it is because i tend to keep my stakes small its not like i cost them a fortune or anywhere near it.

I too have always thought of them as the best bookies but this has changed my mind.

I have no issues with them removing offers, however to completely close my account does appear to be over the top. It probably doesn't make that much difference to me as most of my betting has gravitated to the exchanges anyway, without the offers there isn't really any point with betting with the traditional bookmakers.

11 minutes ago, MCLARKE said:

Maybe not. This is the latest email from them. Not quite sure what "nature of your business" means.

Your custom, as in "take your business elsewhere", unfortunately. You must have hammered them in the last few hours for them to go from restrictions to closure so quickly! :eyes

Out of interest, what would a typical week's betting with them look like? A few lucky 15s every day, all the 25% boosts and super boosts? Any "genuine" bets (from their perspective) that aren't taking advantage of some sort of bonus or boost?

I can only guess that they see you as cherry picking and betting with them in such a way that you're not giving them any realistic chance of making money out of you. 

4 minutes ago, MCLARKE said:

To be honest I don't see why any serious punter would have a "genuine" bet with the trad bookies when there is so much better value available on the exchanges. 

I guess you're seeing things very much through the prism of a mainstream racing punter. It's not so easy if you bet on other sports, especially if you stray away from the obvious main markets. Sometimes the prices are better with the bookies, sometimes there's no liquidity on the exchange, sometimes there's no markets.

One minute I'm on the cusp of abandoning this thread then the next minute I'm the only one left flying the flag! :unsure

March to score and have >1 shot, >1 total goals in the game at 4/1

Trying to major on playing up the decent best price of 7/2 for March to score with the minimum of additional risk. If he does, hopefully it won't be with his only shot and it won't be the only goal of the game.

20 hours ago, MCLARKE said:

Perhaps @Zilzalian is correct and the bookies do check these threads. I've just received the dreaded "review of your account by our Trading team" email. Looks like tonights bet will be my last one on this thread.

image.png

Wish thay took the cash out facility from me I would be well up 😂

6 hours ago, LEE-GRAYS said:

Wish thay took the cash out facility from me I would be well up 😂

Don't cash out it's never worth it. It's too simplistic to say that if you cash out and the last leg is a loser then it was worth it, for example. It's more nuanced than that. You have to let good bets ride even if there's a chance they lose.

On 9/1/2023 at 8:04 PM, MCLARKE said:

image.png

I think I referenced this on the horses thread. I'd be staggered if bookies aren't aware of forums like these.

11 hours ago, Torque said:

I think I referenced this on the horses thread. I'd be staggered if bookies aren't aware of forums like these.

In which case savvy punter 1.01 might be don’t post under your real name! :)
I’m sure they’re aware though I doubt the level of scrutiny is that great when you consider they’ve got social media to keep on top of, thousands upon thousands of Twitter tipsters, some with significant followings, free and paid Telegram channels etc. They might keep an eye out for any significant chatter but I doubt they’re leisurely reading and evaluating every post.

The way @MCLARKE was operating his account will have been evident to them from their own data and I suspect he was always running the risk of being restricted given the ratio of “enhanced” bets to entirely “unenhanced”. Don’t forget, the observations on here about not being limited by 365 aren’t new, the subject has cropped up several times over the years without the chopper being wielded.

By far the greater risk from posting on here (where you’ve got a genuine edge in a specific area which uses particular bookmakers) is any significant number of people following your bets. That’s far more likely to bring you to the bookies attention more quickly than them reading our waffle on here (speaking for myself there) and tracking down our account.

I agree there’s a need to exercise a degree of caution and always remember that big bookie might be watching you but I believe most of us have nothing to worry about in terms of most of what is posted. 

Just do what I do; mention spread betting and it’s as if a magic cloak of invisibility is wrapped around your post!

I think it's a fact of life if you are a successful racing punter, sooner or later you will be resticted and the exchanges will be the only option.

As I see it the only reason you would bet with the trad bookies is to take advantage of the offers, be that BOG, lucky 15s or any specials. Otherwise, you would take the prices on the exchanges as in the vast majority of cases these are better, especially for the longer price horses.

It does make life easier if nothing else.

16 hours ago, harry_rag said:

Scotland win, <5 goals and McTominay SoT at 7/4

Another tiny cherry on the cake scenario given the stake I was allowed but a decent cake given I was on McTominay to score at 4/1 and both him and McGinn to score at 16/1.

Bradford v Grimsby is the mouth watering offering today.

Btts = yes, Grimsby DC (win or draw) and Eisa to score at 6/1

On 8/31/2023 at 7:44 AM, MCLARKE said:

I'm on 92, I'll wait until 100 then do a full analysis

Despite 365 unfortunately getting you with a yorker (or a full toss maybe) it would be good to see some analysis of your results at some point. After 107 bets I'm running at 14% ROI without the boost and 35% with. It still seems unlikely that I should be able to manage that sort of return long term so we'll see how it stands if I can make it to the double ton!