BET365 25% WINNINGS BOOST ON YOUR BET BUILDER

I picked out >2 goals, btts = yes and Tavernier SoT at 11/5 so I'll go with that but it does illustrate the rationale for bringing my posts in this thread to a conclusion. I don't get the boost, was offered 50p as max stake and can get 3/1 elsewhere!

Could've risked Tav to score as 365 were best price about him (would've payed 6/1). I've actually gone with De Jong to score with the goals/btts components and doubled the odds to 8.6 with Hills (using the weekly double odds boost to a fiver max).

Thrown the Tav SoT into the mix to use up a £2 freebie that expires soon.

One interesting angle from last night (I acknowledge I use the word either loosely or from a very personal perspective) was that I backed 2 players in one game who were both 9/2 best price with 3 different firms. Whilst neither scored I did the singles and the doubles and compared what price each of those firms offered for the double. Bear in mind that the true odds for an anytime goalscorer double in the same game will usually be slightly more than the multiplied true odds for the singles so, ideally, you'll be looking to get at least the multiplied odds which, in this case, were 30.25.

I did the double with Hills who went 30/1 or 102.48% of the multiplied odds.

Sky Bet offered 27/1 or 92.56% while PP offered just 21.81/1 or 75.4%. Quite a significant difference and it means that this type of bet will probably only be worth doing with a small number of firms. It's also indicative of the general point that there are good, average and ugly BB offerings out there in terms of the price you will be offered for any given bet at similar prices. 

It's a murky picture trying to nail down who is good and bad in the world of the BB! :loon

Firstly I thought I'd extend the trial for seeing who offers what when 2 x 9/2 goalscorers are combined and found that 2 of the firms offered worst prices than last night suggesting either that they apply different margins by competition or, perhaps, depending on how far in advance of kick off the bets are being placed. Then I thought I'd look at a single game (Maccabi Haifa v Young Boys) and compare the odds for the same bet builder (home win, btts = yes and >3.5 goals). Obviously with that one the odds offered will be less than the multiplied individual odds due to related contingencies but the % is still a relevant measure for comparison.

Hills and 888 were joint best for the goalscorer BB, both offering 30/1 which is 102.48% of the multiplied odds but they were 7th and worst for the other one, offering 61.61% and 59.29% of the multiplied odds. So my view of Hills being good and 888 being rubbish is evidently a bit more nuanced depending on the type of bet!

Best for the "outcome" BB were Sky Bet and Lads, both coming in at just over 71.7% of the multiplied odds. They were 6th and 9th respectively for the goalscorer one, with Ladcrooks offering just 56.2% of the mutiplied odds (an abysmal 16/1).

Overall rankings (goalscorer followed by outcome) were:

• Hills joint 1st and 7th
  • 888 joint 1st and 10th
  • 365 3rd and 6th
  • Fred joint 4th and 8th
  • Betway joint 4th and 9th
  • Sky Bet 6th and 1st
  • Uni 7th and 5th
  • Sportingbet 8th and 4th
  • Lads 9th and 2nd
  • PP 10th and 3rd

So not one of the 10 firms ranked in the top half for both types of bet. It's very much a case of having to shop around if you want the best price on a betbuilder. and the firm who are best priced for the individual components may not be best price once you bundle them altogether!

2 hours ago, harry_rag said:

Villa win, both shown a card and Luiz to score at 6/1

Mainly based on the feeling that Luiz isn't a bad price at 9/2 to score.

That's going to put a bit of gloss on the bottom line! Only 1 card each with the Hibs one arriving just after the clock struck 90 minutes so it was nearly let down by the shortest priced element. I didn't bother backing it (was offered 11p and it was shorter elsewhere) but was on Luiz to score at 5.7 (he drifted to 5/1 with 365 before the off).

5 minutes ago, MCLARKE said:

Leeds 8/5 

Brings my century up assuming I find a bet.

17 hours ago, harry_rag said:

Inter to win with Martinez and Thuram to score at 11/1, using this week's double odds boost from Hills

Thuram goal short on that one, 1-3 on the double odds offer but, at over 7/1, it was enough for me to be in front for the time being.

Nice winner last night (my actual odds beat the 365 price even with the boost). Here's the ton-up table.

Wins Bets Stake Return P/L ROI Boosted P/l ROI Ave
29 100 £2,000.00 £2,186.16 £186.16 9.31% £2,587.70 £587.70 29.38% 4.16

Goals Win DC BTTS Cards Anytime S(oT) Misc    
65 56 17 37 36 31 49 7    
39 32 12 24 30 12 31 3    
60.0% 57.14% 70.59% 64.86% 83.33% 38.71% 63.27% 42.86%    

Can't grumble at a 9.31% ROI without the aid of the boost (and when better odds may have been available elsewhere). 29.38% shows the value of the boost for those able to get it.

30 of the bets included anytime goalscorers and the ROI for those is 37.94% without the boost and 66.6% with. The other 70 bets had an ROI of -2.96% without and 13.44% with. 45 of those 70 "non-anytime" bets included a player shots or SoT element and they had an ROI of 6.72% without and 25.07% with. All of which franks the analysis of my real money bet-builders that I do better where I include a player to score, or at least a shot related element but that I'm better off giving bets that include neither a wide berth.

I was thinking of jacking it in when it came to posting in this thread but that was when I was on a record breaking losing run and felt like I was picking bets just for the sake of it. I'll carry on towards the double century but on the basis that I won't necessarily bet on every single game where 365 do the offer. Some days i might not have time or inclination to look for a bet and other days the game may not appeal for betting purposes. That should avoid any risk of it feeling like a chore or that I'm putting up any bets purely for the sake of it. It shouldn't harm the bottom line either!

I'll post the selections and do a monthly update on the Hills double odds boost as well. (Can be used on one game per week of your choosing, £5 max stake.) Currently 1 from 4 (won on the 1st leg of the Rangers v PSV tie, posted in here) and £23 up with an ROI of 115%. It should be impossible to post a loss with an offer that generous! :unsure

Hills also offer a daily boost on a game of your choice which seems to be in the region of 11% on profit. I'm not bothering to track that separately but it's a decent enough offer for those of us without the luxury of the 365 boost.

1 hour ago, harry_rag said:

I'll post the selections and do a monthly update on the Hills double odds boost as well. (Can be used on one game per week of your choosing, £5 max stake.) Currently 1 from 4 (won on the 1st leg of the Rangers v PSV tie, posted in here) and £23 up with an ROI of 115%. It should be impossible to post a loss with an offer that generous! :unsure

Hills also offer a daily boost on a game of your choice which seems to be in the region of 11% on profit. I'm not bothering to track that separately but it's a decent enough offer for those of us without the luxury of the 365 boost.

I'm surprised you still get Wills offers Harry. I'm sure they're one of the quickest to cull offers.

11 minutes ago, Torque said:

I'm surprised you still get Wills offers Harry. I'm sure they're one of the quickest to cull offers.

My oldest account, sort of. 1st telephone account I ever opened. I think there was a separate account for offshore or online somewhere along the line so it may not literally be the same account now. Can’t complain about them or Lads, unlike many.

7 minutes ago, harry_rag said:

My oldest account, sort of. 1st telephone account I ever opened. I think there was a separate account for offshore or online somewhere along the line so it may not literally be the same account now. Can’t complain about them or Lads, unlike many.

Seems a complete lottery to me. You're happy with Wills and Lads - presumably as they've not limited you - but plenty of others seem to say they are some of the worst for withdrawing offers, at least from what I've read on bookie review sites.