** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Racing Chat - Thursday 5th January

3 minutes ago, MCLARKE said:

I was trying to point you in the right direction of almost guaranteed profits but if you want to ignore the advise then so be it.  

Said before @MCLARKEi think we are wasting our breath, seems our friend just loves to be a victim of losing. maybe its a hard habit to get out of. i much prefer the winning habit myself.

1 minute ago, Zilzalian said:

my second leg was sirius white so i got one going here, CO is 194 quid but will let it ride on night traveller and then it maybe bingo time. i just love these lucky 15's ?

Yes, I still remember when you had the opportunity of winning £13k plus.  Very exciting, though me as an inveterate loser would have cashed out.  Good luck, Zil you richly deserve it

2 minutes ago, Zilzalian said:

Said before @MCLARKEi think we are wasting our breath, seems our friend just loves to be a victim of losing. maybe its a hard habit to get out of. i much prefer the winning habit myself.

I think you are right.

I wish I was starting out, there's thousands you can make if you use the bookmakers offers correctly.

10 minutes ago, MCLARKE said:

I wish I was starting out, there's thousands you can make if you use the bookmakers offers correctly.

You’ve still got spread betting to go at, far easier to make money than this fixed odds lark! :)

To be fair though, you might have to be willing to stray from the familiar terrain of racing (I’ve no idea what the racing spreads are like in terms of “low hanging fruit”).

16 minutes ago, The Equaliser said:

Timeform's 5* top rated.  I don't think you will cash out.  I would.  Have you ever cashed out BTW?

No i have never cashed out just on the principle of why put a bet on to win say 8 grand as in this  case in the first place if your going to cash out for 500 quid think of it this way if all 4 had lost i would have lost £6. i just won 453 quid for 6 quid. what are your loses for the last 12 months?

40 minutes ago, Zilzalian said:

Affair is one of the dodgiest ggs around but its the only one done the trip that CO is very tempting got 20 mins to think about it.

Looks good fun this lucky 15. I might have a go each day, I ususally have a few prospects, I normally do singles on the shorter odds, I'll pick 4 at 10/1 or over that are best priced on BET365.

6 minutes ago, MCLARKE said:

Looks good fun this lucky 15. I might have a go each day, I ususally have a few prospects, I normally do singles on the shorter odds, I'll pick 4 at 10/1 or over that are best priced on BET365.

Out of interest, are there any firms that do double the odds for one winner online or is that just a shops thing? Chances are if any do do it online it’ll be a firm that’s withdrawn all such promotions for me!

5 minutes ago, MCLARKE said:

they are good fun and for small stakes are value just for excitement when the first 2 go in. said before my serious bets are on 2yolds but its a long break between my optimum betting range which is from royal ascot through to the Arc. so i just remember stuff and look for stuff in these rubbish races and they are rubbish, just look at the results today and on most days on the aw tells you everything. i look at/watch races make notes and use them but even that only gets me a few horses per day i have to study daily for more. to be honest i do occasionally put a fav in if i really fancy it but i usually have at least 3 decent prices. 7/1 up to 33's and over occasionally.

7 minutes ago, harry_rag said:

Out of interest, are there any firms that do double the odds for one winner online or is that just a shops thing? Chances are if any do do it online it’ll be a firm that’s withdrawn all such promotions for me!

most online do double the odds for a win (one winner on bet) single on lucky 15,31,63. 365, betfred et al. Betfred used to go triple for one winner in the shops dont know if they still do.

Just to add to the lucky 15 debate ... its my favourite multi due to the double odds single winner bonus.

I'll often do a 1pt ew one with skybet utilising the extra place races with decent priced selections especially on days when the racing is low quality (for a bit of interest). You have to make a call on the prices cos you dont get bog ( if anyone still does anyway). I've had some very decent returns for 4 placed selections.

And i always add a 2.5pt ew acc. 

For a win lucky 15 i've always felt it was insurance for the last leg coming 2nd. For the big priced ew I reckon it gives me a cash out option if the first 3 win in that I could let one bet run and cash one in. Not that I ever have cashed one out but I've convinced myself its nice to have the option.

@Zilzalian congrats on a decent return

Just looking through all the comments of good and fair advice given by many members which is the very essence of a good community site such as this one. I am staggered that a member that loses year in and year out totally rejected almost instantly every piece of advice given and instead in his own words chooses to carry on losing to at least the year end. Like i said i am absolutely staggered and i can't work out why it bothers me so much.

43 minutes ago, Zilzalian said:

Like i said i am absolutely staggered and i can't work out why it bothers me so much.

Perhaps human nature, he would like to win using his own judgement. Good luck to him, I admire his enthusiasm and persistence.

It also promotes lots of discussion, which isn't a bad thing.

9 hours ago, MCLARKE said:

Perhaps human nature, he would like to win using his own judgement. Good luck to him, I admire his enthusiasm and persistence.

It also promotes lots of discussion, which isn't a bad thing.

With respect to him i don't see much "own Judgement" other than bad judgement, second bit is accurate. at least he gets attention.

23 minutes ago, LEE-GRAYS said:

Perhaps we could start a thread for lucky 15 31 64 just for fun I do 4 or 5 a day france and the uk but I do cash out some times sorry @Zilzalian ? 

Public bar with the women and half a stout for you @LEE-GRAYS ? man up lad stop the ew and the co's leave the domino's alone and play darts n cards ? easiest 300 points a year is offer to be bookie for @The Equaliser and take all his bets ?? im sure he would rather us have it than betfair. Maybe 4 of us could offer one gg a day for the Lucky 15 maybe steal @The Brigadier daily nap for starters, Let @MCLARKE chuck one in, you one and me one see how we get on for a month. Got a better plan? i am open to ideas. Maybe go to war with another team.

13 minutes ago, Zilzalian said:

Public bar with the women and half a stout for you @LEE-GRAYS ? man up lad stop the ew and the co's leave the domino's alone and play darts n cards ? easiest 300 points a year is offer to be bookie for @The Equaliser and take all his bets ?? im sure he would rather us have it than betfair. Maybe 4 of us could offer one gg a day for the Lucky 15 maybe steal @The Brigadier daily nap for starters, Let @MCLARKE chuck one in, you one and me one see how we get on for a month. Got a better plan? i am open to ideas. Maybe go to war with another team.

Don’t mind I’ll pick one for tonight later ?