** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Racing Chat-Wednesday 1st June

Fun lucky 15 40p (£6.00) which i will post every day through June with a bank of £100 if the bank halves so will the stakes if the bank doubles so will the stake lets see how it goes given the good quality racing in June.

230 Nott  Beggarman 13/8                         lost (dissapointing 3rd of 7)

555 Kemp Alpine Girl  5/1                           lost

830 Kemp Graphite (nap)      16/1               3rd (ran well)

900 Kemp Murau                   7/4                 won 2/1 (bog)

prices bet365 at time of posting

Stake £6.00 Return £2.00 Loss of £4.00 bank £96.00

Edited by Zilzalian

Not sure it's the right time to be looking at two year olds ...... not much form and the better ones come out later in the season

But I've had a look at todays races ...... I particulary like horses who've had one run but finished down the field, preferably showing a bit of promise, eg seeming to get the hang of it and run on late....... and from yards who's horses tend to come on a lot from their debuts

1.55 Nott - I put up Lady Miller at 20/1 in the Naps comp and it's been well backed now ..... fits my bill from Meehan's yard and ran at Sandown on debut so this is probably easier.

5.00 Rip - Shandy Star 4/1 .... took my eye that the horse debuted in a Listed race finishing 10th. Drops back to regular class 5 novice company for 2nd start. 

5.55 Kemp - not great form from the two that have run before, the pick of which by my 'system' is Full Prime 4/1 . But this might go to a newcomer and Archie Watson is establishing himself as a top trainer of early two year olds ...... his Way To Amarillo at 5/1 looks a likely type, 140K Euro half sister to 4 winners and should be ready to run first time as is the stable method

1 hour ago, Trotter said:

Not sure it's the right time to be looking at two year olds ...... not much form and the better ones come out later in the season

But I've had a look at todays races ...... I particulary like horses who've had one run but finished down the field, preferably showing a bit of promise, eg seeming to get the hang of it and run on late....... and from yards who's horses tend to come on a lot from their debuts

1.55 Nott - I put up Lady Miller at 20/1 in the Naps comp and it's been well backed now ..... fits my bill from Meehan's yard and ran at Sandown on debut so this is probably easier.

5.00 Rip - Shandy Star 4/1 .... took my eye that the horse debuted in a Listed race finishing 10th. Drops back to regular class 5 novice company for 2nd start. 

5.55 Kemp - not great form from the two that have run before, the pick of which by my 'system' is Full Prime 4/1 . But this might go to a newcomer and Archie Watson is establishing himself as a top trainer of early two year olds ...... his Way To Amarillo at 5/1 looks a likely type, 140K Euro half sister to 4 winners and should be ready to run first time as is the stable method

I was on the 2 Brian Meehan 2 year old winners yesterday, both well backed. It makes sense to keep an eye on his 2 year olds at the moment.

A very interesting and what looks like busy day today. With so many 'potential selections' it is difficult to reduce them down but here are some to keep an eye on.

5.25 Cartmel - Golden Town - 9/2 - James Moffat (trains close to the course and has an excellent record here) runs 3 of the remaining 6 runners, so take your pick. I have gone for the 11 year old Golden Town ridden by Charlotte Jones (Rides most of the trainers horses). It is top rated, a CD winner, and is 17lb lower than when finishing 2nd in this race last year.

4.35 Nott - Kitsune Power - 5/2 - Again top rated and BF last time out. Trainer Roger Varian is in great form (10 wins, 7 placed, from 33 runners last 2 weeks), and this is his only runner at Nottingham where he has a decent record.

6.35 Ripon - Marks Choice - 9/1 EW - Loves it at Ripon (6 wins here including 4 x CD wins), ran well enough LTO to suggest that he can win again if it goes his way, and at the price is a solid EW selection.

Done a few races today:

2.10 Cart The Steward 11/4 (my PL Nap)

4.00 Nott Your Love Is King 11/2

6.25 Km Crystal Casque 4/1

6.35 Rip City Walk 11/4

0.5 ew doubles and trebles = poss ret 75.49 dbles & 213.25 Trebles = 10 points staked

Cover bets:

2.10 Cart Bestaiarius 2 pts win 5.8; Hey Bob 1 pt win at 5.9

4.00 Nott Hotspur Larry 2 pts win at 5.9; Thunderflash 1 pt win at 5.9

6.25 Km Follow Your Heart 1 pt at 7.2, Must Be Royale 1 pt at 10.0 and Angel Armadea 1 pt at 7.2

6.35 Rip Fortamour 3 pts win at 3/1 and Tinto 1 pt win at 7.4

Total stakes = 23 points

I will come back later if my some of my first choice selections fail and need to go on a recovery mission

6 hours ago, Bang on said:

A very interesting and what looks like busy day today. With so many 'potential selections' it is difficult to reduce them down but here are some to keep an eye on.

5.25 Cartmel - Golden Town - 9/2 - James Moffat (trains close to the course and has an excellent record here) runs 3 of the remaining 6 runners, so take your pick. I have gone for the 11 year old Golden Town ridden by Charlotte Jones (Rides most of the trainers horses). It is top rated, a CD winner, and is 17lb lower than when finishing 2nd in this race last year.

4.35 Nott - Kitsune Power - 5/2 - Again top rated and BF last time out. Trainer Roger Varian is in great form (10 wins, 7 placed, from 33 runners last 2 weeks), and this is his only runner at Nottingham where he has a decent record.

6.35 Ripon - Marks Choice - 9/1 EW - Loves it at Ripon (6 wins here including 4 x CD wins), ran well enough LTO to suggest that he can win again if it goes his way, and at the price is a solid EW selection.

Golden Town a NON RUNNER - Charlotte Jones switches to Vocal Duke and wins at 9/2. James Moffat has another good day with 3 winners and a 2nd at his local course.

Kitsune Power - WON 11/4

Marks Choice - 3rd 

8 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

820 curr 

30 runner cavalry charge ...I like to rate the odd one of these as a real test 

Inishmot prince   7.8 7/1 

Gordon Bennett   7.7  15/2 

Lex liberty    7.3 

Sunset nova  7.1 

5pt ew top 2  .. 6 places 

Joint 2nd and 5th ....not bad considering 30 runners ....small profit ...around 4 or 5 points ...close though 

10 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

Done a few races today:

2.10 Cart The Steward 11/4 (my PL Nap)

4.00 Nott Your Love Is King 11/2

6.25 Km Crystal Casque 4/1

6.35 Rip City Walk 11/4

0.5 ew doubles and trebles = poss ret 75.49 dbles & 213.25 Trebles = 10 points staked

Cover bets:

2.10 Cart Bestaiarius 2 pts win 5.8; Hey Bob 1 pt win at 5.9

4.00 Nott Hotspur Larry 2 pts win at 5.9; Thunderflash 1 pt win at 5.9

6.25 Km Follow Your Heart 1 pt at 7.2, Must Be Royale 1 pt at 10.0 and Angel Armadea 1 pt at 7.2

6.35 Rip Fortamour 3 pts win at 3/1 and Tinto 1 pt win at 7.4

Total stakes = 23 points

I will come back later if my some of my first choice selections fail and need to go on a recovery mission

RESULTS UPDATE

Absolute zilch from my first choices today.  Luckily I had 3 winners in saver bets.   Not sure if I arranged the staking in the best order, however at least I made a very small profit of 1.74 points which I am happy with for such a bad start for the new month.  MTD is 1.74 and YTD is -155.71