Juggernaut #2

harry_rag

11 minutes ago, Torque said:

I don't think anyone will hold it against you Harry :lol

I meant in terms of, where the bet is with a bookie, I might decide to round the stake to the nearest whole pound rather than stake with the odd pence, rather than the accuracy of the returns to the nearest penny. As long as I don't suddenly start rounding my stake up to the next £500 I should manage to avoid censure. I don't want the forum's self-appointed "excessive stakes" brigade piling on me for reckless staking! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Bet 128 (1.5): 12 points on Denmark W +4 v Germany W at 1/20 with Lads

RP think the draw is worth backing in this game. I'm not necessarily that confident in the Danes but I think they're likely to prevail with a 4 goal start. Could've taken 1/100 for +5 in my other thread but the +4 appeals more at the odds.

2 hours ago, harry_rag said:

Could've taken 1/100 for +5 in my other thread but the +4 appeals more at the odds.

:eyes Double up attempt one bites the dust, evidently no-one told Germany they were no longer the force of old.

Bet 129 (2.2): 11 points on France to have the highest scoring half v Japan at 1/7 with 365

Funny thing to say about long odds on but that seems huge to me.

And the 2nd attempt ends as Japan win the first half 15-7 with France only winning 13-0 in the second half. Alternative options at shorter odds were France to score 20+ (just scraped home) or to win either half. At the odds on offer I’m not unhappy with the choice.

Harder than it looks this malarkey, still got 5 more attempts in the bank.

6 minutes ago, aldric said:

Geez, that was unlucky.  I saw the score earlier and thought when I read this last night it was France to win a half. ?

Can you remind me what your plan is now?  I've been popping in and out and lost track! 

Just starting with a tenner at a time and trying to roll it over till doubled. 0-2 so far after yesterday's double "delight". 54.59 left to play with.

• 2 weeks later...

Bet 131 (3.2) 8.5 points on Haaland to have a shot on target at 3/5 with Uni

Not full stakes (didn't want to deposit additional funds) but a real standout against prices like 1/5, 2/9 etc. Obviously a "long shot" by the standards of this thread but strikes me as value. I'd expect him to at least mark his arrival in England by at least registering 1 attempt on target.

Bet 140 (5.1): 10 points on >0.5 goals in A Villa v Everton at evens with Hills

Call it serendipity that this coincides with the start of a tenner double up attempt but I can't pass up this weekend's "Epic Odds" offer (£10 max stakes) for the chance of a cheeky 1 bet double up at a price that unarguably offers value, win or lose.

Just hope it fares better than last week when they dangled the carrot of evens for Liverpool to win at Fulham! :)