** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Juggernaut #2

harry_rag

Another one bites the dust! To be honest it was a borderline bet where I was seduced by the odds given the high goals expectation and supremacy for the game. Obviously we tend to remember those bets when they lose and forget the times we felt similar but the bet won.

That said, there was a degree of impatience in taking that bet which I've largely managed to eliminate. Back to trying to stick to bets that I won't have any recriminations about placing in the event that they lose.

1 hour ago, harry_rag said:

Bet 180 (16.2) 12 points on neither team to score 0 points in France v England (RLWC) at 1/6 with 365

England should win, maybe by less than the handicap. I expect a fired up France and think those odds are generous for neither team being shut out entirely.

18-12 at half time so weighed in. That’s actually bet 181.

Bet 182 (16.3): 14 points on either team to score 40+ points in Samoa v Greece at 1/8 with Sky Bet

Not without risk obviously but Samoa are in for 60 points with the spread firms and should be eager to make amends for their drubbing against England. 1/50 for 30+ is obviously safer but, at the prices, I'd rather be hung for a sheep than a lamb.

Bet 184 (16.5) 20 points on either team to score 20+ points at 1/8 with Sky Bet in PNG v Cook Islands

PNG fancied to win a high scoring game here. There were a few potential angles but this one seemed to strike the best balance in terms of value and being a bit of a bigger price. Could've got 1/6 for PNG hitting 20 but thought I'd have a bit of insurance against the game going the other way. They do hold a 5-0 head to head record, scoring an average of 38.4 points per game.

Bet 185 (16.6) 12 points on either team to score 40+ points in New Zealand v Ireland at 1/4 with Sky Bet

Just staking what's required to achieve the double up. I expect New Zealand to steamroller Ireland here and would be surprised to see them fall short of 40 points. Same price with Betway for any player to score 2+ tries was tempting as well.

Bet 187 (17.2) 14 points on England NOT to trail in the match v Greece at 1/5 with 365

Maybe I'm being greedy here but I think the odds are generous. The same firm go 10/1 for Greece to score first and that's the only way I see them leading at all in this match. I think England win easily and from pretty much start to finish. I think they'd trail to opponents of this quality less often that once in every 6 games.