Racing Chat - Friday July 3oth

51 minutes ago, The Equaliser said:

Don't take the bait. He did the same thing with @Barnes1882You only have to read his Georgie Whitbead quote to see that he enjoys winding people up. At least you are trying to find winners for us on the forum and although you do have strong opinions I guess a lot of people wouldn't even get out of bed without them.  Keep writing up here, I appreciate it.  I did take a second look and backed Suesa after you mentioned it.  I really would appreciate it if @Wanderlustwould put some effort into highlighting some winners for us in the future

He ended up saying not to make it personal, I took his critique of my Audraya as personal that's why i responded like you say he should try posting contributions instead of after the event sideways swipes, he also lied when he said he backed the second when in fact his list for that day on the comp said Empress Josephine which came last. i Care little for what critics say, if you go through all my naps and recommendations for the year i have been here they show a very healthy profit especially my 2yo speed figures. But if someone dishes it out they are going to get it back because- "I say what i like and I like what I bloody say"

11 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

Today's Goodwood bets

1.50 The Grand Visir £2.50 win at 9.4 = £20.58

2.25 Tasman Bay £2.00 at 11.5 (W/out the fav) unmatched

3.00 Rhoscolyn £3.20 win at 7.6 = £20.70 drawn 8 but not mentioned by @TheBrigadierbut have had £1.20 at 11/4 on his selection Path Of thunder as an insurance cover bet

3.25 Suesa (WB) £2.20 win at 10.5 = £20.48.  Have had £1 win ins bet on Dragons Symbol at 3/1.  Would love to see Battaash beat the field out of sight though

4.10 Pablo Escobarr £2 win at 15.00 = £27.44; ins bet on Passion And Glory £2 3TB at 1.76 = £2.06

4.45 Tropaz Power £1 w at 15/2, Jadlaan £1 win at 9/1, Robjon £1 win at 10/1

5.20 Marching Army £2 win at 14.5 with a £2 3TB bet at 2.04 on Wink Of An eye ins bet

Can't fail not to lose today can I? ? 

Total stakes £24.10

RESULTS UPDATE

Suesa was the one that got me out of trouble today.  Got taken in by the hype on Path Of Thunder & Dragon Symbol (have to learn to avoid the "to good to be true" attributes given out by the sporting press.  Most likely to have blown my chance now of getting into the KO cup.  Should have had a pound on Ever Given in the 4.45 which beat two of my selections.  This is for no other reason that the market made it favourite and no other tipster than the Irish Times Capt John recommended it.  A right springer that the bookies got wind of.  Anyway a net profit of £8.21 on the day.  My new balance is £686.56 (Bank £1056.22)

More Goodwood fun tomorrow.  Maybe a few people will be singing that old Eric Clapton song after the 3.05; I certainly won't be playing that one

5 minutes ago, The Equaliser said:

RESULTS UPDATE

Suesa was the one that got me out of trouble today.  Got taken in by the hype on Path Of Thunder & Dragon Symbol (have to learn to avoid the "to good to be true" attributes given out by the sporting press.  Most likely to have blown my chance now of getting into the KO cup.  Should have had a pound on Ever Given in the 4.45 which beat two of my selections.  This is for no other reason that the market made it favourite and no other tipster than the Irish Times Capt John recommended it.  A right springer that the bookies got wind of.  Anyway a net profit of £8.21 on the day.  My new balance is £686.56 (Bank £1056.22)

More Goodwood fun tomorrow.  Maybe a few people will be singing that old Eric Clapton song after the 3.05; I certainly won't be playing that one

Well it could have been worse, you could have had half your bank on Audarya and then the other half trying to get it back on Battash so all's good in the hood :)

9 hours ago, Zilzalian said:

He ended up saying not to make it personal, I took his critique of my Audraya as personal that's why i responded like you say he should try posting contributions instead of after the event sideways swipes, he also lied when he said he backed the second when in fact his list for that day on the comp said Empress Josephine which came last. i Care little for what critics say, if you go through all my naps and recommendations for the year i have been here they show a very healthy profit especially my 2yo speed figures. But if someone dishes it out they are going to get it back because- "I say what i like and I like what I bloody say"

You know I will respond, even though I am probably being drawn into something ridiculous.

The reason I responded to your Audraya post is that you invited it. You asked the forum for their opinion on that horse, as you thought it was a certainty. I simply responded with my opinion. It was NOT an after event swipe. I gave my opinion BEFORE the race was run.

You are grasping at straws if you think I would come on here and lie about a bet or prediction!!!! I have literally zero interest in what you actually back and you will note I do not come on here with a breakdown of my bets, win or lose. The competition, in my opinion is a bit of fun for the forum. It does not mean that for every pick I make, that I would back them. I compose that list with very little thought, so wind your neck in with your accusations of me telling lies .

I have no intentions of going through your posts to see how good/bad/average you are. My opinion of you as a tipster/person of horse racing knowledge came to a shuttering halt when you made a ridiculous statement that you had researched the opinion that generally 2 yr old horses improve as a 3 yr old and that you thought it was nonsense. That did it for me, as well as declaring that this years Oaks was nothing more than a top level Listed Handicap ( if there is such a thing)!!!! 

Still waiting for you to acknowledge that Snowfall is a decent filly!!

So if you and your new buddy Equaliser, wish to continue this, then I suggest you do it, politely, via PM rather than cluttering up the General Forum

2 hours ago, Wanderlust said:

You know I will respond, even though I am probably being drawn into something ridiculous.

The reason I responded to your Audraya post is that you invited it. You asked the forum for their opinion on that horse, as you thought it was a certainty. I simply responded with my opinion. It was NOT an after event swipe. I gave my opinion BEFORE the race was run.

You are grasping at straws if you think I would come on here and lie about a bet or prediction!!!! I have literally zero interest in what you actually back and you will note I do not come on here with a breakdown of my bets, win or lose. The competition, in my opinion is a bit of fun for the forum. It does not mean that for every pick I make, that I would back them. I compose that list with very little thought, so wind your neck in with your accusations of me telling lies .

I have no intentions of going through your posts to see how good/bad/average you are. My opinion of you as a tipster/person of horse racing knowledge came to a shuttering halt when you made a ridiculous statement that you had researched the opinion that generally 2 yr old horses improve as a 3 yr old and that you thought it was nonsense. That did it for me, as well as declaring that this years Oaks was nothing more than a top level Listed Handicap ( if there is such a thing)!!!! 

So if you and your new buddy Equaliser, wish to continue this, then I suggest you do it, politely, via PM rather than cluttering up the General Forum

It's so easy to criticise other people's posts and the most damaging part is driving people away from the forum when they are generally trying to help other members find some winners.  Sounds like you need to learn to become One Cool Poet with more selection posts rather than persistently getting the backs up of other forum members

30 minutes ago, The Equaliser said:

It's so easy to criticise other people's posts and the most damaging part is driving people away from the forum when they are generally trying to help other members find some winners.  Sounds like you need to learn to become One Cool Poet with more selection posts rather than persistently getting the backs up of other forum members

Again you are putting your big nose into a conversation that didnt concern you. Again I asked you to continue this via PM if you wished, not on the public forum. But No, being the attention seeker you are, you try to make a drama out of nothing.

What is it with you?

Kindly point out where i PERSISTENTLY GET THE BACKS UP OF OTHER FORUM MEMBERS?????

Otherwise wind your neck in and get a life.

20 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

Again you are putting your big nose into a conversation that didnt concern you. Again I asked you to continue this via PM if you wished, not on the public forum. But No, being the attention seeker you are, you try to make a drama out of nothing.

What is it with you?

Kindly point out where i PERSISTENTLY GET THE BACKS UP OF OTHER FORUM MEMBERS?????

Otherwise wind your neck in and get a life.

You did it with @Barnes1882PROOF POSITIVE. You drive people away from the forum with your sarcastic remarks.  You need to put selections or SHUT UP.  You do not contribute any help at all to forum members trying to find winners.  Go to another forum like Betfair,  you will feel more at home picking on other members and contributing nothing to help people who are genuinely trying to find winners

2 minutes ago, The Equaliser said:

You did it with @Barnes1882PROOF POSITIVE. You drive people away from the forum with your sarcastic remarks.  You need to put selections or SHUT UP.  You do not contribute any help at all to forum members trying to find winners.  Go to another forum like Betfair,  you will feel more at home picking on other members and contributing nothing to help people who are genuinely trying to find winners

What are you on about??

Since when were you promoted to Moderator?

LIke I said, mind your own business. Don't come on here telling me to Shut Up. Who do you think you are, really??

This is a public forum, as far as I am aware NOT owned by you. If you feel I am picking on other members, then report me.... see how that works out for you.

I have had some very healthy discussions with like minded members, just because I do not come on here every day, showing a dwindling bank balance, as you do,

does not give me any less rights to interact with people on here.

You obviously have a problem with me, so keep it between you and me, rather than making yourself look like a muppet. PM me with your concern. I will be more than happy to respond.

1 hour ago, Wanderlust said:

What are you on about??

Since when were you promoted to Moderator?

LIke I said, mind your own business. Don't come on here telling me to Shut Up. Who do you think you are, really??

This is a public forum, as far as I am aware NOT owned by you. If you feel I am picking on other members, then report me.... see how that works out for you.

I have had some very healthy discussions with like minded members, just because I do not come on here every day, showing a dwindling bank balance, as you do,

does not give me any less rights to interact with people on here.

You obviously have a problem with me, so keep it between you and me, rather than making yourself look like a muppet. PM me with your concern. I will be more than happy to respond.

I will try to explain to you about the workings of the forum as I understand it.  Ever since I have joined it people post up their selections in order to help other members find winners.  My dream is that we will one day get a member on it that will regularly recommend valuable profitable bets.  What you seem to do, even if someone is successful, is to undermine other people's efforts and irritate them.  Like I said it is easy to criticise other people's comments; it is not so easy to put up regular winners.  You don't seem to contribute anything positive on the forum.  I have no intention of reporting you to @MCLARKEor any other moderator, all I want you to do is focus on providing selections in the daily racing chat section or respectfully stop posting there as all you seem to do is upset other new/existing members.  There is no need for it and does not do anyone any good at all. 

2 minutes ago, The Equaliser said:

I will try to explain to you about the workings of the forum as I understand it.  Ever since I have joined it people post up their selections in order to help other members find winners.  My dream is that we will one day get a member on it that will regularly recommend valuable profitable bets.  What you seem to do, even if someone is successful, is to undermine other people's efforts and irritate them.  Like I said it is easy to criticise other people's comments; it is not so easy to put up regular winners.  You don't seem to contribute anything positive on the forum.  I have no intention of reporting you to @MCLARKEor any other moderator, all I want you to do is focus on providing selections in the daily racing chat section or respectfully stop posting there as all you seem to do is upset other new/existing members.  There is no need for it and does not do anyone any good at all. 

And all I ask is that you respectfully stop posting nonsense on here. I am in the process of sending you a PM

I have no issue with any of the posts, the forum is for debate and comments may be positive or negative. So long as we remain courteous.

I think @Barnes1882stopped contributing for personal reasons.

Personally I prefer it when people keep a running total of their returns, otherwise it is difficult to know who is successful or not. I applaud @The Equaliserfor keeping a record of his bank. 

7 hours ago, Wanderlust said:

Thats what trolls do, when they get called out they play the victim

Not sure what's going on here as I keep getting tagged in posts.

Yes I had issues where I feel I was unfairly targeted by a certain member but I stopped posting as I had my 2nd child and I just didn't have the time to contribute or do the required studying on races. Was I annoyed by a poster and some of the comments?! Yes I was, but I wouldn't let that stop me contributing to a site I was thoroughly enjoying.

I'll be back at some point but for now in enjoying the long break and I have plenty on my plate with my two children, getting married and moving into our new house. 

Hope everyone is ok and I look forward to coming back and contributing (hopefully effectively) once I have some more time on my hands. 

Stay safe everyone :)

36 minutes ago, Barnes1882 said:

Yes I had issues where I feel I was unfairly targeted by a certain member but I stopped posting as I had my 2nd child and I just didn't have the time to contribute or do the required studying on races. Was I annoyed by a poster and some of the comments?! Yes I was, but I wouldn't let that stop me contributing to a site I was thoroughly enjoying.

I'll be back at some point but for now in enjoying the long break and I have plenty on my plate with my two children, getting married and moving into our new house. 

Hope everyone is ok and I look forward to coming back and contributing (hopefully effectively) once I have some more time on my hands. 

Good to see you back Barnesy boy ??

1 hour ago, Barnes1882 said:

Lovely to hear from you; I do hope that you are enjoying your new job too ?

4 hours ago, Zilzalian said:

Thats what trolls do, when they get called out they play the victim

You need to take a chill pill.

You seem to be determined to continue your cat calling.

Man up and grow up. If you have something to say to me, send me a PM.

Stop being such a Drama Queen. 

I have no intention to pm you as that's the attention you seek i presume, but lets just put this to bed.

These are the terminologies you have used in these exchanges between you Myself and @The Equaliser

"give it a rest"

"Ridiculous statement"

"wind your neck in" (twice)

"stop putting your big nose in"

"get a life"

"mind your own business"

"muppet"

Those are not the words one would use in fair discourse, Might i suggest you go play on Twitter where that way of discussion is the norm.

this is a very friendly site you being the exception I have been on a year and in that year you have been the only irritation.

So give it a rest, wind your neck in, stop being a muppet and get a life.

Just to appease you, with the exception of the competitions I will not post anything further on here until you are gone, it is obvious that what i and others post 

is affecting your mental health and we all have a responsibility to consider others not just ourselves.

So i unreservedly apologise for any undue stress my posts may have caused you.