** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Pricing your own race

21 hours ago, Villa Chris said:

3.10 Curragh 

Broome 8.25, 4/5(7/1) no value won

Pondus 7.75, 11/1(8/1) value 

Bowerman 7.45, 10/1( 8/1) value 

Thundering Nights , 7.35, 12/1(8/1) value 2nd 

Broome completes the double. 75 points returned . Thundering Nights second .

Edited by Villa Chris

22 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

415 curr

Raise you  9.0 

Fil the power  8.4 

Dance jupiter  8.0 

Hayyel   7.5 

O brien runs 4 with raise you a lesser fancy but if he translate soft ground form to good then could run well ...top 2 ew for me 

Raise you 5pt ew 8/1 5 places 

Fil the power 5pt ew 9/1 5 places 

Raise you wins ....well pleased with that result ..2/2 on day I really wasnt expecting that tbh...looked hard day to me 

8 hours ago, Villa Chris said:

Just a quick one. You know when we do our own odds and we have top rated 11/1 but bookies have them 7/2. Is that the bookies being tight or is it our odds out by a few points ? If we are out by a few points is there any way we can get the odds down to be more realistic. Ok it’s killing the value factor a bit , but if our odds are out then surely it’s better to get them more accurate . Use points for horses strong in the betting is maybe one solution . 

Only just saw this sorry ......I dont know tbh ....in the big races especially the formula compensates for the amount of horses in the race so you tend to get big priced quotes ....that's fair in my eyes as if it's a 20 runner race 11/1 is probably a correct reflection of a value bet .....but you are correct bookies sometimes are scared of a certain runner and price it ridiculously short ....that happens a lot tbh ....not really a lot you can do about that .....if you try and force the price it throws everything out....I just love looking for the biggies ....they are rare but it's like finding a diamond I love it 

210 newb fred darling 

Alcohol free  9.8 100/30

Umm kulthum  9.0 8/1

Happy romance  8.0 7/1 

Statement    8.0 25/1 

Open race and questions to answer over distance for a lot of these but top 2 look fairly strong.....happy romance I think will struggle to stay which leaves statement who I can ignore at 25/1 ....that's way overpriced ...value bet of race ....I'll try 10pts win top 2 and 5pts ew statement 

41 minutes ago, richard-westwood said:

Only just saw this sorry ......I dont know tbh ....in the big races especially the formula compensates for the amount of horses in the race so you tend to get big priced quotes ....that's fair in my eyes as if it's a 20 runner race 11/1 is probably a correct reflection of a value bet .....but you are correct bookies sometimes are scared of a certain runner and price it ridiculously short ....that happens a lot tbh ....not really a lot you can do about that .....if you try and force the price it throws everything out....I just love looking for the biggies ....they are rare but it's like finding a diamond I love it 

Yes, the big handicaps I’m ok with, but for example I had Broome at 7/1 today. Just can’t have him a 7/1 shot in the race he was in today . He only just won, mind . 

245 newb 

Chindit  9.7 

Nando parado 9.2 

Rhythm master  8.5 

Classy race and again questions to answer ....its probably best to forgive chindits last race ...course and ground were against so hopefully that was just a blip but has a lot to prove ....of the rest nando parado looks an interesting improver ....could do much better at this trip .....interesting race 

Chindit  10pt win 2/1 

Nando parado 5pt ew 15/2 

320 newb spring hcap

Raaeq    9.0.

Nugget   8.8 

Oh this is us   8.3 

Danyah      8.2 

New bolt    7.8 

Troll peninsula   7.8 

Impossibly difficult hcap ....troll peninsula is well fancied and could be ahead of mark back on turf ...nugget has ryan moore on board .....raaeq is quirky but was looking a potentially classy miler in the making ...danyah ran well in the lincoln ...a similar performance could see him go close here .....some good prices on betfair so I'll try wins 

Raaeq 10pt win 15.5

Nugget 10pt win 10.0 

Danyah 10pt win 6.2 

3.20 Newbury 

Gin Palace 7.95, 25/1(13/1) value 

Johan 7.5, 14/1( 14/1) right odds 

On This Is Us 7.3, 16/1(14/1)  value 

Danyah 7.25, 7/2(15/1) no value 

Matthew Flinders 6.8, 7/1(16/1) no value 

Gin Palace 5 points ew 25/1

Johan 5 points ew 14/1

Gin Palace has a low draw which isn’t ideal and cold trainer, but at that price I’ve got to play him. Good distance record and runs well at the course with 5Ibs claimer .  Johan nice draw and hot trainer . 

Edited by Villa Chris

14 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

320 newb spring hcap

Raaeq    9.0.

Nugget   8.8 

Oh this is us   8.3 

Danyah      8.2 

New bolt    7.8 

Troll peninsula   7.8 

Impossibly difficult hcap ....troll peninsula is well fancied and could be ahead of mark back on turf ...nugget has ryan moore on board .....raaeq is quirky but was looking a potentially classy miler in the making ...danyah ran well in the lincoln ...a similar performance could see him go close here .....some good prices on betfair so I'll try wins 

Raaeq 10pt win 15.5

Nugget 10pt win 10.0 

Danyah 10pt win 6.2 

defo got early value here

42 minutes ago, Wildgarden said:

defo got early value here

Yeah ....was nice prices to win last night ...2 or 3 pts shorter with bookies ew so I thought ..what the hell I'll chance it today at those prices ?

Edit ....flipping heck ...nugget is 9/2 !!?

Edited by richard-westwood

16 hours ago, Villa Chris said:

1.35 Newbury 

Outbox 8.2, 6/1(11/2) value 3rd

Red Vernon 6.55, 14/1(7/1) value 

Without A Fight 6.5, 6/1(7/1)  2nd  no value 

Outbox looks the bet . Hot favourite Al Aasy may want it softer and also may need the run. 

Outbox 10 points win 6/1

The favourite won but I managed to fill the places with the ratings 

19 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

210 newb fred darling 

Alcohol free  9.8 100/30

Umm kulthum  9.0 8/1

Happy romance  8.0 7/1 

Statement    8.0 25/1 

Open race and questions to answer over distance for a lot of these but top 2 look fairly strong.....happy romance I think will struggle to stay which leaves statement who I can ignore at 25/1 ....that's way overpriced ...value bet of race ....I'll try 10pts win top 2 and 5pts ew statement 

Forecast again ??ffs ....alcohol pips statement on line ....collect off both 

245 newb 

Chindit  9.7 

Nando parado 9.2 

Rhythm master  8.5 

Classy race and again questions to answer ....its probably best to forgive chindits last race ...course and ground were against so hopefully that was just a blip but has a lot to prove ....of the rest nando parado looks an interesting improver ....could do much better at this trip .....interesting race 

Chindit  10pt win 2/1 

Nando parado 5pt ew 15/2 

Chindit wins ...nando placed ...collect off both again .....?

320 newb spring hcap

Raaeq    9.0.

Nugget   8.8 

Oh this is us   8.3 

Danyah      8.2 

New bolt    7.8 

Troll peninsula   7.8 

Raaeq 10pt win 15.5

Nugget 10pt win 10.0 

Danyah 10pt win 6.2 

Nugget wins !!!!

...forecast again with danyah ....taking g the pee now ...hmmpth 

On 4/16/2021 at 8:12 PM, Villa Chris said:

Scottish national 

Mighty Thunder 7.5, 11/1(15/1) no value 

Coup De Pinceau 6.8, 22/1(17/1) value 

Vintage Clouds 6.65, 10/1(17/1) no value 

Soldier Of Love 6.6, 8/1(18/1) no value 

Big River 6.45, 16/1(18/1) no value 

Top rated looks the bet as I think he stays all day . 

5 points ew Mighty Thunder 11/1

Yiu called it ...nice rating 

17 hours ago, Villa Chris said:

3.20 Newbury 

Gin Palace 7.95, 25/1(13/1) value 8th

Johan 7.5, 14/1( 14/1) right odds 5th

On This Is Us 7.3, 16/1(14/1)  value 

Danyah 7.25, 7/2(15/1) no value 3rd 

Matthew Flinders 6.8, 7/1(16/1) no value 2nd

Gin Palace 5 points ew 25/1

Johan 5 points ew 14/1

Gin Palace has a low draw which isn’t ideal and cold trainer, but at that price I’ve got to play him. Good distance record and runs well at the course with 5Ibs claimer .  Johan nice draw and hot trainer . 

Placed money on Jonah . Ratings weren’t far off.

On 4/16/2021 at 8:12 PM, Villa Chris said:

Scottish national 

Mighty Thunder 7.5, 11/1(15/1) no won value 

Coup De Pinceau 6.8, 22/1(17/1) value 

Vintage Clouds 6.65, 10/1(17/1) no value 

Soldier Of Love 6.6, 8/1(18/1) no value 

Big River 6.45, 16/1(18/1) no value 

Top rated looks the bet as I think he stays all day . 

5 points ew Mighty Thunder 11/1

Top rated wins