** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Pricing your own race

19 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

Not betting on the jump race ....just testing it to see if can translate from flat to jumps ......

425 chelt 

9.7 domaine dlisle

9.7 born survivor 

9.5 Rocky's treasure 

9.1 singlefarmpayment 

8.5 the might don 

Domaine I think will struggle at this dist ......born survivor looks the form horse after his facile win .....Rocky's treasure isnt one to trust but on a going day hes looking well treated now ......Rocky's treasure ...born survivor 

Domaine wins. I was suspect about the distance too. His form got franked today by Manofthemountain .

335 newm thurs 

Master of seas 9.7 11/4 

Royal air force 9.0 14/1 

Imperial sands 8.7 

Master of seas sets the standard here and could be hard to beat ....but royal air force could be overpriced if has trained on ...good value 

Master of seas 10pt win

Royal air force 5pt ew 14/1 bet365

Edited by richard-westwood

I’ve had two 1-2s that I can remember since I’ve been rating the way I’m doing it at the moment . One was at Cheltenham in a very big handicap so I’d say you can make it pay but it’s remembering or being arsed to do it. The jumps are winding down now so it’s probably best to leave it be unless it’s a big race with a nice pot. Since Cheltenham my jump ratings are not as good,it could be just coincidence, or horses and trainers ready for a break until next seasons jumps . Scottish national Sunday, so that will be worth doing. 

32 minutes ago, Villa Chris said:

I’ve had two 1-2s that I can remember since I’ve been rating the way I’m doing it at the moment . One was at Cheltenham in a very big handicap so I’d say you can make it pay but it’s remembering or being arsed to do it. The jumps are winding down now so it’s probably best to leave it be unless it’s a big race with a nice pot. Since Cheltenham my jump ratings are not as good,it could be just coincidence, or horses and trainers ready for a break until next seasons jumps . Scottish national Sunday, so that will be worth doing. 

i get them most days from 3 selections but not two usually. and its a lot more lines for 3 (6 lines)

325 ripon 

Mid winster 9.6 7/2 

Mark's choice 9.0  7/1 

East street revue  8.6 40/1 

Top 2 here look strong with conditions to suit ....east street revue would most likely prefer 5f but this is a weak race so could run into a place at a big price but top 2 for me 

Mid winster 10pt win 7/2

Mark's choice 5pt ew 7/1 

2 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

325 ripon 

Mid winster 9.6 7/2 

Mark's choice 9.0  7/1 

Top 2 here look strong with conditions to suit ....east street revue would most likely prefer 5f but this is a weak race so could run into a place at a big price but top 2 for me 

Mid winster 10pt win 7/2

Mark's choice 5pt ew 7/1 

Screenshot_20210415-004937.thumb.png.ebfbd8656ccd7f54e35eaf0984c31c17.png

heres mine just doing 1 and 14 atm unless others move in on price.

5 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

325 ripon 

Mid winster 9.6 7/2 

Mark's choice 9.0  7/1 

Mid winster 10pt win 7/2

Mark's choice 5pt ew 7/1 

Mark's choice wins ...mid winster 4th

22 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

335 newm thurs 

Master of seas 9.7 11/4 

Royal air force 9.0 14/1 

Imperial sands 8.7 

Master of seas sets the standard here and could be hard to beat ....but royal air force could be overpriced if has trained on ...good value 

Master of seas 10pt win

Royal air force 5pt ew 14/1 bet365

Master of seas wins ...they are running well 

On 4/14/2021 at 4:08 PM, Villa Chris said:

Newmarket 3.00 Group 3

Oxted 8.75 2nd

Summerghand 8.1 1st

Emaraaty Ana 8 3rd 

Oxted obvious favourite as he brings the best form and is race fit. Odds are 2/3 so no surprise if he wins . Second and third clear of rest. 

Surprised top rated never won but the top 3 were the top 3 

Ratings might be slightly too  high for the older horses, so the ratings on some of them in the top 3 might be too generous. Not taken  into account age, yet, but will add in age rating for the weekend and also going forward into the flat season . 

Edited by Villa Chris

3 minutes ago, Wildgarden said:

-10% for older horses recommended

Blue De Vega would have had a significant deduction for age as he’s 8 and that’s old for flat horses. Came from the dark is probably at its peak as a five year old and was strong in the betting. I felt comfortable with Tis Marvellous’s rating although 7, so would have had a deduction but would have still have been top rated no doubt . Came from the dark would have been second rated if I’d used the age ratings . Keep learning and tweaking and hopefully get a good run out of it. Not bad so far.