** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Boxing Tips: October/November/December 2019

• 2 weeks later...

Chisora v Price

This is such a hard fight to predict because both have flaws and big strengths too. Price has serious power and even David Haye said that he's sparred with a ton of heavyweights and only Wilder hits harder than Price, which is some statement in itself. However, he does seem to gas and has a dodgy chin.

If Price can box Chisora for a good few rounds and not use up too much energy it could well be a Price win on the cards. However, I think Chisora knows that and will just smother him into a street fight where one of them will absolutely get knocked out and while a lot of people will be on Chisora for that, he's really not a top flight heavyweight, more like European standard to me. Of course neither is Price, so at the odds the value is definitely with Price in my opinion. If David Haye and Dillian Whyte can KO Chisora, then Price certainly can too.

So while it's probably a fight best watched than bet on, I just have a gut feeling Price will knock Chisora out with his big bombs as long as he doesn't freeze or gas himself out.

Price to beat Chisora by KO/TKO/DQ @ 5.00 (4/1) Betway

I think it really depends which Chisora turns up. As you say Punt, Price's chin worries me too. If Chisora lands early, it could be all over. I'm going to take Chisora late, but I can see why anybody would go for Price as value. If he can use his reach and stay out of the way of the big punches then who knows? but for me, even then, Price would need more stamina to win this one.

4pts D.Chisora to win rounds 7-12 5/2 paddypower

14 hours ago, Zico10 said:

Hasn't Price only had 3 weeks notice too? His stamina is dodgy at the best of times! Saying that I'd love him to win. Always felt he needed to adopt the Wlad template after his early career defeats! 

He's been in the gym constantly as he knows he would be a good shout for a reserve, so no worries there - only his chin. :lol 

It's really hard to call, but I think the value is with Price considering how hard he hits and his confidence is better now than previously. 

15 hours ago, Fader said:

I think it really depends which Chisora turns up. As you say Punt, Price's chin worries me too. If Chisora lands early, it could be all over. I'm going to take Chisora late, but I can see why anybody would go for Price as value. If he can use his reach and stay out of the way of the big punches then who knows? but for me, even then, Price would need more stamina to win this one.

4pts D.Chisora to win rounds 7-12 5/2 paddypower

Yup, his stamina is always a huge worry, but he seemed to work that out much better against Allen. Instead of looking for the bombs, he was more patient, but Chisora is another level or 2 up from Allen for sure, but still a very limited boxer in my opinion, as is Price. So hard to call and nobody can be convinced their bet is a banker in this fight. Should be great viewing in what is a fantastic card - who's the hot blonde on first too? :loon 

4 hours ago, Sir Puntalot said:

Yup, his stamina is always a huge worry, but he seemed to work that out much better against Allen. Instead of looking for the bombs, he was more patient, but Chisora is another level or 2 up from Allen for sure, but still a very limited boxer in my opinion, as is Price. So hard to call and nobody can be convinced their bet is a banker in this fight. Should be great viewing in what is a fantastic card - who's the hot blonde on first too? :loon 

didn't know about the hot blonde? haha

Well Price buzzed him a couple of times, I think it would have been a knock down had the ref not got in the way too!

In all honesty, Price froze again and let Chisora take control, so it's time for Price to retire now as he's just not able to perform at this level as the pressure just gets to him.

What a fight the Taylor v Prograis was by the way! :loon 

Derrick Lewis - Blagoy Ivanov

I know that Ivanov was stabbed in a club in Sofia a few years ago,but I think he has a good manager.

His first fight in UFC was against J.dos Santos who is a strong opponent and he lost,but after that he was facing beatable opponents.

And after just 3 fights 2:1- he's 8th in the rankings!!!

What I think is that his agent and UFC are pushing him for the Heavyweight Championship.

He is liked by most Bulgarians (not like the other two Bulgarian stars Dimitrov(tennis) and Pulev (boxing)) and he can take a win.

Lewis is a "KO-outer" and Ivanov is more of a "durable" fighter who wants to fight in close distance.

Whoever wins will have a go for the Championship and I bet for Ivanov.

Also I don't think that Diaz has no chances tonight in the Main Event.Masvidal is nothing special,he had luck last few matches (34-13) .He has much hype with the 5 sec KO against  Askren but Dias is the better fighter IMO.

So...

Ivanov @ 1.90 bet365

Diaz @ 2.30 bet365

sry for the wrong section.

I now see that it's for boxing only.

It's for UFC 244 3 Nov.

I don't think UFC deserves a new thread.,also I publish 3-4 hours before kickoff.

Edited by Dr. Florida192

• 4 weeks later...

I'm going big on Ruiz vs Joshua. Ruiz to win. 2/1 from Ladbrokes.

1. Ruiz won the 1st fight and therefore has the psychological edge.

2. Joshua seems to have nervous characteristics. This is not to slate him, he had and still has a load of expectations on his shoulders. I believe the casual boxing fan thinks he is the best because he looks the best. After the 1st fight Joshua seemed almost relieved to have been beaten. This could be that he was glad that he doesn't have the weight of expectation on him anymore of being an unbeaten fighter. Also there is a strong rumour he had a panic attack before the fight. 

3. Ruiz has deceptively fast hands for his size.

4. Joseph Parker - who has fought both fighters says Ruiz is the harder puncher.

5. Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder believe Ruiz will win. 

6. Ruiz has been boxing since he was 6. Joshua (to the best of my knowledge) says he has taken boxing seriously from 2008.

7. Joshua again, has had the same team around him since the beginning. Ruiz's team has changed and was trained by Freddie Roach in the past.

8. Joshua has only won in Britain. I believe he is out of his comfort zone on foreign soil. This fight should have been in Britain.

9. 6 months between the fights isn't long enough to process a loss like he suffered. Surprising that he and his team took this fight on without at least 1 confidence building fight. I believe this is a big mistake.

10. Ruiz was up on the scorecards before the TKO. 

Edited by cammykaze

Slight change of bet and going in at 5/2 for Ruiz KO/TKO or Disqualification. I can't see Joshua lasting the distance. If I was Ruiz's management the advise would be to go for the quick finish as Joshua looks a bit unsure of himself in the Gloves are Off interview and in the press conference yesterday.Just comes away with inspirational type quotes with no real belief in them. 

28 minutes ago, yossa6133 said:

Ruiz by stoppage 11/4. AJ come in so light I wonder if he'll be able to hurt Ruiz, especially as Ruiz has come in even heavier. Surely as soon as Ruiz lands again it's all over.

I'm tempted to move in again at that price. Reading an article there about Ruiz's extra weight. Talk of it being a possible ploy as he had jewelry on, trainers and sombrero. Maybe the sombrero is weighted ?

What do you think of an early Ruiz stoppage Yossa? I will likely have a few small bets on an early victory as well. Single round betting from round 2 to 5.

Edited by cammykaze

2 hours ago, waynecoyne said:

you can back ruiz anytime winner at 9/4- i'll stick with that (betfred)

betfair also go 9/4 but I want to put more than a fiver on

Can't see a lot wrong with that bet. Personally I can't see the fight going the distance and you have the back up if it does so fair play. That's a good price!

I see the fight 60/40 in Ruiz's favour and no less than 50/50 so getting 9/4 is printing money in my book.

On the face of it, 9/4 anytime makes more sense that 11/4 by stoppage...but I just can't see Ruiz winning on points, if he's landing enough to win rounds then AJ will be knocked out, and even if he did win on points the judges will try and give it to AJ.

A guy on youtube called Chris Andre is a very good judge has it a 50/50 fight and said AJ could win on points https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTmL_Rty8EA   (delete if links not allowed, I have no connection with him, apart from being a subscriber to his channel!).

I just can't see how AJ wins. He is lighter and so they say he can "box more free" but I'm not sure he is the best boxer technically anyways. Also, making you lighter isn't going to stop the glaring elephant in the room that AJ gets hurt quite easily. I'm not sure he can take the punch. A stone heavier hopefully doesn't slow down the hands of Ruiz. I intially thought AJ rounds 7-12 but with the difference in weight, I'm not sure now and so the 11/4 on Ruiz to win by KO/TKO is the one I'll be going for.

I'll also take a punt on Povetkin. I don't know much about Hunter but I do know that this is a step up for him. Povetkin may be abit old now but he's still only lost to AJ and Klitchsko. I'll take a decent price on the experience

4pts A.Ruiz to win by KO/TKO 11/4 bet365
3pts A.Povetkin to beat M.Hunter 2/1 bet365