** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Serie A Predictions > Aug 31st - Sep 2nd

Fiorentina V Udinese

Both teams to score: Yes @ 1.85 William Hill

Fiorentina are arguably stronger in attack this season but weaker defensively. Key defensive midfielder Milan Badelj was sold in the summer window along with Carlos Sanchez. Goalkeeper Marco Sportiello, who I rate, was loaned out to Frosinone and replaced with the promising yet inexperienced Alban Lafont. Fiorentina's midfield 3 looks too open for my liking while a propensity to play the offside trap may backfire against a team like Udinese.

Udinese are an interesting side under new coach Julio Velazquez, they're already strong at counters with players like Rodrigo de Paul and Kevin Lasagna but Velazquez has made their play more dynamic with unusual passing angles. I think Udinese have the necessary qualities to expolit Fiorentina's weaknesses so I think the away side have a decent chance of getting on the scoresheet here.

Fiorentina put 6 past Chievo in their last home game and their attack looks very strong indeed. It will be a task for Udinese not to conceed here. Both teams like to shoot and both get a good amount on target. 1.85 for BTTS looks generous here as I would make it more like 1.65.

Edited by Mindfulness

Sassuolo V Genoa

Genoa +0.50 AH @ 1.82 Bet365

I don't really understand the discrepancy in valuation between these two sides as I have this game being much closer than the odds suggest.

Sassuolo were fairly witless at home last season, they only won 4 games at the Mapei Stadium and had the 3rd worst home record in the division. Genoa actually collected more points on the road than Sassuolo did at home in 2017/2018.

What's changed over the summer? In my view not a lot. Sassuolo have bought in good players during the summer window but I still feel they lack someone who can score good numbers in the centre-forward position. Sassuolo are not really the team to back when the onus is on them to make the game and win the 3pts. They're more suited to countering and exploiting opponents who press onto them.

Genoa are a tough nut to crack under Davide Ballardini and this season they have fresh impetus upfront with the likes of Krzysztof Piatek and Christian Kouame. I feel Genoa can make things difficult for Sassuolo here and I'm suprised you can get the away side on the +0.50 line for this match.

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Serie A

Milan has under 2.5 goals in their last 3 home games in Serie A.
Milan scored in last 6 games in Serie A.
Milan scored in last 4 home games in Serie A.
Roma scored in last 8 games in Serie A.
Roma scored in last 5 away games in Serie A.

You can find interesting 68 Football Betting Streaks for 31.08.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-31-08-2018-11093

Some Serie A tips :

Make sure you find odds at least as good as the ones quoted, otherrwise give it a miss.

Serie A Betting Tips
31/08/2018 Milan v Roma - Roma to win @ 2.88
01/09/2018 Parma v Juventus - Juventus to win @ 1.2
02/09/2018 Fiorentina v Udinese - Fiorentina to win @ 1.62
02/09/2018 Chievo v Empoli - Chievo to win @ 2.35
02/09/2018 Lazio v Frosinone - Lazio to win @ 1.22
02/09/2018 Sampdoria v Napoli - Napoli to win @ 1.75
02/09/2018 Atalanta v Cagliari - Atalanta to win @ 1.53
02/09/2018 Torino v SPAL - Torino to win @ 1.73

Atalanta vs Cagliari

A lot of the main media attention will focus on tonight's epic clash between AC Milan and Roma at the San Siro but my focus turns to the less high-profile match between Europa League failures Atalanta and the understated Cagliari in their 7:30pm kick-off this Sunday at the Stadio Atleti Azzurri d'Italia.

Atalanta will be licking their wounds after being unceremoniously dumped out of the Europa League on Thursday night. The Italian side lost 4-3 on penalties to Danish club FC Copenhagen after a 0-0 draw on aggregate. Sounds like a riveting tie! How will Gian Piero Gasperini's side react to such a disappointment? Will they feel sorry for themselves and get caught out? Or will they be a wounded animal and bite back?

Cagliari are probably a good side for Gasperini's men to play after such a failure. Rolando Maran's team have lost one and drawn one of their two league matches so far. It's not exactly been inspirational stuff. A 2-2 draw at home to Sassuolo showed promise but that has been contrasted by the 2-0 loss away to Empoli.

We backed Atalanta to do the business already this season. Even though Gasperini unexpectedly played a weakened side they still prevailed victorious. I think they will be out for some kind of retribution against the football Gods here. A solid win should be on the cards and exiting the Europa League this early could well be a blessing in disguise as they look to go one better this season and break into the Champions League spots.

Atalanta -1 @ 2.50 with Ladbrokes

Atalanta To Win To Nil @ 2.75 with BetVictor

@Pep004, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @betcatalog, @sajtion, @the bastardian, @chris666, @thegeneral55, @Mindfulness, @stephen m, @teddybear3011, @jazzman02, @Bayern, @Xcout, @Valkovets, @MangoTheThird, and @scommetix, what do you guys think of this riskier than normal tip?

it's always risky to expect many goals after midweek games especially since atalanta played away and got really frustrated but good luck. there is not much value in serie a this week. ac milan are on my blacklist forever after screwing me for 15.000 last season but perhaps a treble on napoli, lazio and torino could make some small returns.

Inter has under 2.5 goals in their last 5 away games in Serie A.
Bologna has under 2.5 goals in their last 3 games in Serie A.
Inter allowed opponents to score over 1.5 goals in last 4 away games in Serie A.
Bologna allowed opponents to score over 1.5 goals in last 3 games in Serie A.

You can find interesting 100 Football Betting Streaks for 01.09.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-01-09-2018-11102

Double

Internazionale & Lazio @ 1.939 Marathonbet

I feel this gameweek is a good opportunity for both these teams to get their first league wins of the season.

Inter have had an appalling start but Bologna don't really have the qualities to threaten too much here. Donsah and Palacio are out for the home side, without them Bologna lack guile and goals. Yes they can be gritty but really Inter, although under pressure, will see this as an opportunity to gain 3pts.

The fixture machine was not kind to Lazio with Napoli and Juventus in the opening two rounds. It's important to remember that they have kept some important players during the summer window and it shouldn't be too long before they put a run of good results together. Odds for the home win here are very short but the combo with Inter is nearly EVS which is good enough for me.

Edited by Mindfulness

9 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Atalanta vs Cagliari

A lot of the main media attention will focus on tonight's epic clash between AC Milan and Roma at the San Siro but my focus turns to the less high-profile match between Europa League failures Atalanta and the understated Cagliari in their 7:30pm kick-off this Sunday at the Stadio Atleti Azzurri d'Italia.

Atalanta will be licking their wounds after being unceremoniously dumped out of the Europa League on Thursday night. The Italian side lost 4-3 on penalties to Danish club FC Copenhagen after a 0-0 draw on aggregate. Sounds like a riveting tie! How will Gian Piero Gasperini's side react to such a disappointment? Will they feel sorry for themselves and get caught out? Or will they be a wounded animal and bite back?

Cagliari are probably a good side for Gasperini's men to play after such a failure. Rolando Maran's team have lost one and drawn one of their two league matches so far. It's not exactly been inspirational stuff. A 2-2 draw at home to Sassuolo showed promise but that has been contrasted by the 2-0 loss away to Empoli.

We backed Atalanta to do the business already this season. Even though Gasperini unexpectedly played a weakened side they still prevailed victorious. I think they will be out for some kind of retribution against the football Gods here. A solid win should be on the cards and exiting the Europa League this early could well be a blessing in disguise as they look to go one better this season and break into the Champions League spots.

Atalanta -1 @ 2.50 with Ladbrokes

Atalanta To Win To Nil @ 2.75 with BetVictor

@Pep004, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @betcatalog, @sajtion, @the bastardian, @chris666, @thegeneral55, @Mindfulness, @stephen m, @teddybear3011, @jazzman02, @Bayern, @Xcout, @Valkovets, @MangoTheThird, and @scommetix, what do you guys think of this riskier than normal tip?

I love a risky bet, but I wouldnt back a 'to nil' for Atlanta. I can see why you chose it, but Atlanta let 3 in against Roma last week and Cagliari scored two against Sassoulo. Also in their last 2 meetings Cagliari actually won. My preference for a To Win To Nil in Serie Awould be Lazio against Frosinone, but I guess the odds wouldnt be as high.

That's just my 2 cents. Time will probably prove me wrong......

Sassuolo scored in last 3 games in Serie A.
Frosinone has over 2.5 goals in their last 3 away games in Serie A.
Chievo scored in last 6 home games in Serie A.
Napoli has over 2.5 goals in their last 4 away games in Serie A.
Sassuolo allowed opponents to score over 1.5 goals in last 3 home games in Serie A.

You can find interesting 94 Football Betting Streaks for 02.09.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-02-09-2018-11113

I was considering Atalanta to win the match, not to keen to the -1. Still they lost in a very unpredictable way. 

I just want to know your thoughts about Chievo Verona scoreless draw againts Empoli. I was expecting more from Lorenzo D'Anna players after having played well against Juventus, but the trashing from Fiorentina was too much. It his scoreless draw their true potential?