Racing Chat - Wednesday Jan 3rd

320 Ludlow

Hedgeinator 5/4 Bet365

No prizes for originality tomorrow but to be honest the racing is pretty poor over jumps. I fancy Hedgeinator to get his head in front after a cracking run at Sandown last time, that was a return to form so hopefully he can build on that and gain some confidence by taking this weak looking contest. It a hand and heels race so the jockey is important and James Bowen is just about the best claimer around.

Carrying on with my system for narrowing the field in 12 runner plus handicaps (I'm sticking to jumps because I've lost interest in the AW)

We've got one race today

Muss 2.00 -  12 runner handicap hurdle

RP Verdict Selection - Sleep In First (currently 7/1)

Early price Fav - Nendrum (7/2)

My EW selection - mitcd (10/1) CD winner and ground OK if not much rain around

let's see how they get on

A couple of interest on the a/w today

Southwell 

1.40  Awesome Allan            Should be in with a shout if he takes to the surface - around 4/1

Wolverhampton

5.10   Arnarson                     Still a maiden but looks a fair bet to finally get his head in front - around 11/4

3 hours ago, Trotter said:

Carrying on with my system for narrowing the field in 12 runner plus handicaps (I'm sticking to jumps because I've lost interest in the AW)

We've got one race today

Muss 2.00 -  12 runner handicap hurdle

RP Verdict Selection - Sleep In First (currently 7/1)

Early price Fav - Nendrum (7/2)

My EW selection - mitcd (10/1) CD winner and ground OK if not much rain around

let's see how they get on

another good result

1st Nendrum at 11/4F

2nd Mitcd at 14/1 ........... had drifted to 18/1 before coming back in

5 hours ago, Snert said:

A couple of interest on the a/w today

Southwell 

1.40  Awesome Allan            Should be in with a shout if he takes to the surface - around 4/1

Wolverhampton

5.10   Arnarson                     Still a maiden but looks a fair bet to finally get his head in front - around 11/4

Thanks Snert had s little go on Anarson at a nice 7/2.

Edited by godofhorses
Spelling

23 hours ago, BillyHills said:

320 Ludlow

Hedgeinator 5/4 Bet365

No prizes for originality tomorrow but to be honest the racing is pretty poor over jumps. I fancy Hedgeinator to get his head in front after a cracking run at Sandown last time, that was a return to form so hopefully he can build on that and gain some confidence by taking this weak looking contest. It a hand and heels race so the jockey is important and James Bowen is just about the best claimer around.

No doubt the jockey won the race:ok

This is just speculative as I am no fan of the AW.However Ed Dunlop appears to have found a weak race for Sanam in the last at Wolves.The horse looks one paced to date and has raced behind for 3 runs to date,he was only 5/1 sp for his debut over C&D and was nibbled at,presumably showing some ability at home prior.

Those 3 runs qualified him for handicaps and Ed Dunlop has got him into this apprentice race on an official rating of 50 from which he would not have to improve much to have a shout.He has engaged Eddie Greatrex who is one of the best in this field and applied first time blinds.

Suggests either desperation or an expectation of a better showing,possibly riding closer to the pace than previous.Worth an ew interest as either blinds or jockey could spark some improvement in this race,wont need much to figure. 15/2

Proves the futility of guessing,read just a few minutes later.Bruce Raymond stated "Works like a 75 rated horse at home so should be in the mix off 50" or words to that effect.

Only 25lb difference!!!! LOL what chance ordinary punters with tipsters like me and racing managers like Bruce?

Never mind,speculative never killed anyone,yet!!