** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Festive Fixtures > Dec 23rd - 27th

champratings.jpg.cefb72bf452a909317252be

league1ratings.jpg.49489c6959e20d0da54ec

league2ratings.jpg.b7bec338e6d27418e7a98

splratings.jpg.75d0277424383120632320d1b

Right, it gets a bit messy across the UK during the festive season. The SPL has two rounds of games over the same period of time that other divisions have one so we will do our best to edit this and update it so keep an eye on the odds being offered.

@sajtion, loved the guts for that 10-fold accumulator last weekend. Any plans for a similar effort here?

@Kenton Schweppes, hell of a result for you lads the other night. A very vulnerable Forest at home for you next. Surely a great chance for another win? Superb call with the treble too!

@allyhibs, we think Plymouth went shit because we kept tipping them! Haha. Have you got any thoughts on the SPL games this round?

@thecitygentuk, great to have you involved in the chat last weekend. Fair shout on being wary of Rochdale. They made hard work of that 3-2 win! What do you think for these fixtures?

@gogetta, fancy giving us some of your tips on League Two?

@salmonman, are you still crying after that accumulator? Bet you want to destroy Portsmouth and Bolton right now! Two teams you'd expect to get results as well. However, we always moan on here about Portsmouth being too short and letting punters down. You learned the hard way.

@johnabpd, unlucky with that Villa result. However, I'd have to say I'd back them against most teams right now. What are you thinking this week?

@dogmeister, is your man love for Kyle Bartley going to persuade you to back his side again this week?

@Tiffy, @clubgowi, @skyblues88, and @louis12, do you guys have any bets you are thinking about for these games?

Yes Stevie mate totally elated with that, 9 from 9 in a week that puts us firmly back in control of our own destiny. Bit of a ding doing game yesterday for you guys, great fightback but to concede so late is sickening.

A 9 day break now till the next round of fixtures enough time to get players rested and injuries back to full fitness for the hectic schedule over Christmas.

Yes Stevie still gutted, for these fixtures i really like the price of 2.80 for Reading (3rd) to beat Norwich (10th) at home, 7-3-1 at home and won 7 of last 9 league games including 4 of there last home games, Norwich are poor away from home 3-2-6 and have lost 7 of last 9 league games including 4 of there last away games.

Not the best price (1.84) but decent enough so will probably put Huddersfield (4th) in my acca, 7-1-2 at home and won last 3 league games. Nottingham Forest (17th) 2-2-7 away from home, lost to strugglers Wolves at home 0-2 in there last match, poor form if you take away there fluke win against Newcastle. 

I think Fleetwood (8th) are a good enough price (1.83) to win against Bury (22nd) at home, 7-3-1 at home including winning 5 of there last home games, 3-2-0 in last 5 league games. Bury have lost there last 12 league games, enough said.

Peterborough (6th) to win Gillingham (12th) at home are a good price at 1.91 with Coral and i would act quick as it is a lot higher than the majority of other bookies offering 1.67-1.83. They are 5-3-3 at home, i know not brilliant however 2 of there losses were to Scunthorpe (1st) and Bradford (4th), they also have a game in hand which if they win will jump to 4th place, they boast an impressive +12 goal difference (for 6th) and are in good form going 7-0-3 in there last 10 league games. Gillingham are poor away from home with a record of 3-1-7 however are in so-so form in there last 10 games going 4-2-4.

Orient are far too short for me at a best price of 2.15. Their home record this season currently stands at Played: 11, Won 2, Drawn 0, Lost 9.

Crawley have average away form of W2 D2 L5. Orient were priced up at 2.9 for their home game against Accrington just over a week ago and I don't see much difference between Accrington and Crawley form wise so don't agree with Orient being so short. I'd have them at least 2.4 to 2.5 at the very least.

The value for me is definitely on the draw or a Crawley win.

Bradford vs Scunthorpe

Top of the table clash this one. Bradford are undefeated at home but have drawn 6 of their 11 games. Scunthorpe sit deservedly top with only 3 defeats in their 22 games.

Bradford were priced up at 2.2 against Rochdale last month, who are awful on the road, so would expect Bradford to be a bit longer here.

I reckon this one will be tight so think the 3.5 on offer for the draw with Marathon bet is decent value and will certainly give you a run for your money.

I'd have this one priced up nearer to; Bradford 2.5, Draw 3.35, Scunthorpe 3.3

MK Dons vs Charlton

On paper MK Dons have a decent side but they've failed to get going this season. New manager Robbie Neilson should be able to get more from the team but I don't expect to be seeing them at a best price of 2.2 in a match like this just yet.

New Charlton manager Karl Robinson returns back to Stadium MK two months after being relieved of his duties there.Despite Charlton being below where they would be expect to be, they've only lost 4 in 20. This has largely been made up of draws with half of these games ending all square. It's therefore a bit surprising to see the draw available at 3.55 at MarathonBet and to a certain extent the 3.68 on a Charlton win looks fairly generous from MarathonBet.

Southend vs Wimbledon

Another game where I like the look of a draw. I expect this to be an evenly matched game with Southend being unbeaten in 8 home games (5-3-0). Their overall unbeaten record is even more impressive stretching back two and a half months.

Wimbledon are also in decent form having only lost 3 times in their last 19 league games.

I wouldn't be surprised to see either team edging this one but edging it being the key word. Both sides are partial to a draw with Southend actually drawing 27% of their games this season 1-1. I think this one will be tight so the 3.5 available for the draw represents value in my eyes.

I certainly wouldn’t be backing any of these on form but it wouldn’t surprise me to see one of Shrewsbury (7.8 away to Bolton), Chesterfield (5.8 away to Rochdale) or Oldham (8.6 away to Sheff Utd) overturning the odds and nicking an unexpected victory. Like I said, form would say stay clear of these but I like a long shot in the lower leagues because there’s generally not a great deal of difference in the squads.

this is good round to oppose many favorites teams. i think many matches are going to be a lot closer than some odds suggests. i haven't made up my yet but i'm looking at some picks near end of the week but one of the that comes to mind is scunthrorpe to beat bradford. i just don't think this bradford can score more than one goal at the moment but i know they got the potential. scunthrorpe have been flying in the league and can edge it in my opinion.

On 12/18/2016, 7:52:32, StevieDay1983 said:

allyhibs, we think Plymouth went shit because we kept tipping them! Haha. Have you got any thoughts on the SPL games this round?

There's nothing interesting me in Scotland this round Stevie. I certainly won't be backing Hibs, I think they should beat Raith but the way we're playing at the moment doesn't fill me with any confidence at all.

Experience has taught me to bet with caution at this time of year but there's still games here that I'll have a bet on;

Sajtion mentions it above and i have to say it's what jumps out at me when i look at this weeks fixtures, Scunthorpe at 21/10 to beat a misfiring Bradford looks a value punt to me and is my bet of the round.

In League 2 i think Doncaster have to be backed at Evens against a Notts County side who are on a shocking run of defeats.

Brighton and Sheffield Utd should both win comfortably but the odds are a bit skinny so add them together for a nice 1.3/ 1 double.

Merry Christmas everyone and happy punting :ok

i'm thinking of going with this 9-fold accumulator for £5000. i am a little wary of including lower odds favorites especially those who tend to concede goals which is the reason i chose to skip carlisle, barnsley, cambridge and few others. fingers crossed this one comes in unlike a one wrong on my coupon a week ago. i hope they have their heads together and don't suffer from christmas hangover lol.

here it is. any opinions?

scunthorpe
sheff utd
rochdale
peterborough
doncaster
exeter
aston villa
wolves
huddersfield

Wolverhampton v Bristol City

Wolverhampton: Joe Mason (11/2 f, doubtful), Andy Lonergan (5/0 2nd goalkeeper), Michal Żyro (0/0 m), Jordan Graham (0/0 m), Mike Williamson (0/0 d), Ola John (2/0 m), Sílvio (2/0 d)

Bristol City: Korey Smith (8/0 m), Frank Fielding (13/0 first goalkeeper)(both doubtful)

Newcastle Utd v Sheffield Wed

Newcastle Utd: Jack Colback (11/0 m, probably in), Grant Hanley (5/1 d), Massadio Haïdara (0/0 d)(both doubtful), Jonjo Shelvey (22/3 m, suspended), Jesús Gámez (2/0 d), Rolando Aarons (4/0 m)

Sheffield Wed: Will Buckley (8/0 m), Gary Hooper (17/5 f), Almen Abdi (10/0 m)(all doubtful), Urby Emanuelson (0/0 m), Marco Matias (0/0 f)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Hello everyone,

I am old new ond this forum, I wasn't here some time, actually I wasnt active in writting but read every day :)

I am surpriced that there is so many comments and noone mention Aston Vila ?! Aston Vila 4 wins in row at home, and traditionaly strong home team, and on other side Burton 5pts from 11 away matches, last win in july, am I missing something or 1.80 is gift od on Vila?

Hi All

had the busiest weeke ever, and haven't had time to go through the list for Boxing Day.

off to see Brighton on the 27th, and I expect another home win against QPR. They are a team destined to struggle this season & will continue to slide since falling out of the prem. 

Holloway is a fairly safe pair of hands for them, but I don't think he will guide then to anything more than mid table.

my bets would be

Brighton to win

Brighton to win to nil

Mjurray any time goalscorer

gopd luck all

On 18/12/2016, 19:52:32, StevieDay1983 said:

@Tiffy , @clubgowi, @skyblues88, and @louis12, do you guys have any bets you are thinking about for these games?

In the Championship, i'll be going with ASTON VILLA and NEWCASTLE again. 2 very strong sides with good squads. Villa won their last 4 home games against a Burton side who have lost 5 out of their last 7 away games. Newcastle's bench in their last game contained Anita, Gouffran, Mitrovic, Perez. Too strong for the Championship. I also like the 2 home wins on Tuesday, BRIGHTON and DERBY. 2 strong home sides who are both in good form. 1st and 3rd in the form table over the last 10 games. 

In League One, i'll be hoping SHEFF UTD and BOLTON can beat 2 of our relegation rivals in Oldham and Shrewsbury! Although Shrewsbury have won their last couple of games i'll be going for Bolton to see them off along with Sheff Utd. 

As for my team Coventry, it's the first game since the pitch invasion at home to Sheff Utd and also Russell Slade's first game as our new manager. Probably one of the best candidates who would actually come to us. Even Fergie wouldn't succeed under SISU! Russell Slade should hopefully make our defence tighter and a bit tougher to beat. Hopefully his team selection and tactics will not be as bizarre as Mark Venus' tactics and team selections. We need some experienced players signed in January to add to the youngest squad in the football league. I won't be touching our game tomorrow away at Bristol Rovers.  

@sajtion Your accys look decent shouts to me, good luck.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Here's mine;                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Chelsea, Man City, Aston Villa, Newcastle, Brighton, Sheffield Utd, Bolton, Rochdale Oxford, Scunthorpe, Doncaster, Blackpool.       

Pays 650/1 :loon

20 hours ago, Punki85 said:

Hello everyone,

I am old new ond this forum, I wasn't here some time, actually I wasnt active in writting but read every day :)

I am surpriced that there is so many comments and noone mention Aston Vila ?! Aston Vila 4 wins in row at home, and traditionaly strong home team, and on other side Burton 5pts from 11 away matches, last win in july, am I missing something or 1.80 is gift od on Vila?

Hello everyone,

It wasnt easy as I expected but it is winning one at the end. Villa kept some first team players at bench, probably to stay fresh for next match against Leeds. 2:1 at the end easy or not who care :)

P.S. And thanx for Reading, that was nice call...cheers...

Edited by Punki85

On 25.12.2016. 14.24.16, sajtion said:

i'll throw another accumulator on this round. obviously a £10 will return £20.000 if i get these right. anyone have any opinions on my selections

aston villa
reading
wolves
huddersfield
sheff utd
bolton
luton
grimsby
rochdale
peterborough
scunthorpe

A lot of nice calls bro...

yeah i made some good calls but no cigar as they say. i was very happy with huddersfield and wolverhampton comeback and peterborough conceded equaliser in 94 minute so that could have been another one. i knew bradford and scuntrhopre match was going to be tight but i thought away team would narrowly edge it because of their sublime season form. luton screwed me over for 3 grand last week and this time failed to score first time at home since august. never mind moving swiftly on to next round...