Monthly Naps Competition, Saturday 12th March 2016

Chepstow 445 - Big Jim 3/1 Betfred

This horse looks a solid bet in a relatively weak race. He ran really well at Warwick bolting up and then did well having been in a duel up front before just running out of steam at the finish LTO. On the face of it this looks a competitive little race but Im not sure Pressurize has really achieved much, Tornado In Milan is rated lower over fences for a reason, Sandy Beach will probably prefer further, Whispering Harry is out of form and Zarzal is back from a break. All Together is probably the main danger, hoping to reverse the Warwick form but again I am not sure that he has that much juice in his current mark.

310 Sandown

Of those from the Newbury race I like Flying Angel, the switch back to two miles seems to have improved him and looks to have his ideal conditions. For Good Measure is my idea of the horse with the perfect profile. He is still in front of the handicapper, only carries 10st 7lbs and needs to win to get into Cheltenham next week.

Selections:

Flying Angel EW 14/1 Stan James

3.35 Chep - Cloudy Beach - win at 9/4 bog bet365

Novices handicap chase over around 19F

Going to take on the current favourite here......Supreme Bob. He's won 2 of his last 3 races but both of them only by a neck and he's now 11lbs higher than for the first win. This is a better race and to date he's provan best on flat tracks so not sure how he'll find Chepstow. Heavy ground no problem and should be fine over this trip as he stays a bit further and testing conditions will suit

My selection has been running in better races and won 2 runs ago, making all at Fontwell. Acts on Heay and on undulating tracks. Flopped last time at Bangor when taken on for the lead but should get the lead no problem today and can bowl along in front.

2:50 Wolverhampton 

Chookie Royale and Soverign Debt head the market. But I think Chookie Royale is better suited to 6f and Soverign Debt has to concede weight all round and first time up. I'm going to go against the two of them. Realize has been in great form after winning at Lingfield but this will be tougher. I'm going to have a go on Mister Universe from the Johnston stable. A winner first time up a week ago over 1m, he's turned out quickly as Johnston horses usually are. The selection bolted up in a decent handicap at Ascot last year over 7f. We know he 'stays' every yard of the trip and I think Fanning will use that in his favour and the horse has to have a great chance.

Mister Universe 9/2 Coral

Wolverhampton 2.15 Keystroke (5/1 bet365)

Jeremy Noseda and John Crowley are a very good combination here at wolverhampton. Over the last 5 years they have a 100% win and place strike rate in all races with a record of R6 W3 P3. This reads even better in H'caps (today's discipline) with all the wins coming in h'caps, their record reads R3 W3. Keystroke has to overcome an absence of 175 days, but the booking of Crowley would seem to indicate that he is fancied to run well by connections.  And interestingly John Crowley's only booked ride of the day 

2.35 Sandown: St Dominick @ 20/1 Bet365

This lad looks massively overpriced. Still lightly raced for his age and unexposed over fences and 3 miles, he won a similar race back in November in excellent style. Below par the last two but still open to some progress.